Group: Members
Member No.: 1,044
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Alex and Britney
Favorite Anime: Nana, Evangelion and Gintama
Favorite Manga: One Piece and Goodnight Punpun
Favorite Comic: Scott Pilgrim
Favorite Movie: Anything by Satoshi Kon

Since i saw nobody bring this up, but Totally Spies is airing in the US again on Universal Kids. Despite me being from the UK, this is very interesting news regardless.

Since Universal is massive company and with them possibly now owning the rights to TS, we could possibly see a new revival/reboot in the future if they were interested in making one.

And its also great that the kids of this generation have another easy avenue to access the series, along with it being free to watch on YouTube.

Anyway, feel free to express your own opinions on this subject.

Source from Twitter
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hdc
post Jun 25 2019, 06:03 PM
Post #2

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,016
Favorite Character:

QUOTE (BradleyEX @ Jun 25 2019, 08:58 AM) *
Since i saw nobody bring this up, but Totally Spies is airing in the US again on Universal Kids. Despite me being from the UK, this is very interesting news regardless.

Since Universal is massive company and with them possibly now owning the rights to TS, we could possibly see a new revival/reboot in the future if they were interested in making one.

And its also great that the kids of this generation have another easy avenue to access the series, along with it being free to watch on YouTube.

Source from Twitter

Great find, thank you. Hopefully this gets the series some love.

Someone mentioned they cropped the picture to 16:9. The Totally Spies YouTube channel did the same thing with their upload of season 5 (in the intro, the girls' faces are cut out.) I believe the original format is 4:3 though I could be wrong.
I keep hoping for a better-quality DVD or BD release. The American DVDs have 6-7 episodes per disc whereas there are French versions with 4 per disc (i.e. better quality).
I looked at the Amazon prime versions, but those are SD (not HD) and there's no legal way to save them to your computer.

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Jun 25 2019, 06:10 PM
Post #3

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

QUOTE (BradleyEX @ Jun 25 2019, 10:58 AM) *

Source from Twitter

This is really weird. I didn't think I had this channel, but I just checked the DirecTv kids channels and there it was. They're showing 5 Season 1 episdoes in a row starting with Eraser in "HD." Don't know what HD means. From the newer DVDs, the source looks better than 480P. It may have been animated in 720P in 4:3 aspect ratio (but how would I know). I hope they just don't stretched it into 16:9 that would look awful.

Also can't tell what seasons they have. We only saw Season 1-3 on DVD in the US. So who knows if we'll get 4-6 due to rights issues. I guess we'll find out. Didn't hear anything about Universal buying TS out right, so I'm guessing it was a license like Cartoon Network had. Cartoon Network didn't treat Totally Spies that great after Season 4 with how they aired it (probably because they didn't own it). Hopefully this channel does a better job with it.

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Jun 25 2019, 06:14 PM
Post #4

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (hdc @ Jun 25 2019, 01:03 PM) *
QUOTE (BradleyEX @ Jun 25 2019, 08:58 AM) *

Source from Twitter

Great find, thank you. Hopefully this gets the series some love.

Someone mentioned they cropped the picture to 16:9. The Totally Spies YouTube channel did the same thing with their upload of season 5 (in the intro, the girls' faces are cut out.) I believe the original format is 4:3 though I could be wrong.
I keep hoping for a better-quality DVD or BD release. The American DVDs have 6-7 episodes per disc whereas there are French versions with 4 per disc (i.e. better quality).
I looked at the Amazon prime versions, but those are SD (not HD) and there's no legal way to save them to your computer.

That sucks if it's cropped. Ugh. The last DVD release for Season 1-3 was pretty good. There was a lot more detail and clarity versus earlier DVD releases where everything looked kind of fuzzy. I've never looked for Totally Spies torrents, but someone who is enterprising enough may have ripped them from the streaming service.

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Jun 25 2019, 07:35 PM
Post #5

Spy Chic V
Group Icon

Member No.: 901
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Alex & Martin Mystery
Favorite Anime: Persona 4
Favorite Manga: Nausicaa
Favorite Comic: Generation X (early issues)
Favorite Movie: Persona 3 movies (1-4)
Favorite Book: Animator's Survival Kit
Favorite Musician(s): Michiru Yamane (Skullgirls)
Favorite Album: Castle Crashers OST
Favorite Game: Jewelion (did the art/animation)

Great info; thanks.
Yes, I was happy to spot TS on Direct TV a little while back.

The rectangular preview picture is this- but without the text & Alex not in the shot.

Here's hoping to good things w/the exposure.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

My video game art/animation: http://www.tangerinepop.com/
However tough life gets, don't give up!

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Jun 25 2019, 11:37 PM
Post #6

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Yeah, they cropped the show. I can't say I'm happy about this. This is like something they would do in 2009 when HD was new-ish. Just put pillars on the side of the 4:3 image. It's sad, because the image is good otherwise. The source is obviously well preserved in good quality. Overall, get the Season 1-3 DVDs if you want to watch the show the correct way.

Good news is Here We Go and the original title cards are there. I don't know why Cartoon Network got rid of those, but the original version is way better than what they did.

I guess I should make a news article about this, but I don't feel like bumping the contest article yet.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2019 - 05:10 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.