IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The what you think of G.L.A.D.I.S. Thread.
Ackie
post Oct 3 2016, 08:37 AM
Post #1

Lackey

Group: Members
Member No.: 888
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: None
Favorite Manga: None

This is the thread were we can talk about G.L.A.D.I.S. what we like about her or we don't like about her. So let's hear your thoughts on G.L.A.D.I.S.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Oct 3 2016, 10:28 AM
Post #2

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

It's been a while since I've seen an episode with GLADIS, but I remember liking her. I recall her having some sass, which is welcome!

I was disappointed what they did with her. I wish she could have had an android body or something. I guess I'll make some fanart of that or something...

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Oct 3 2016, 12:56 PM
Post #3

Spy Chic II
Group Icon

Member No.: 901
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Alex & Martin Mystery
Favorite Anime: Persona 4
Favorite Manga: Nausicaa
Favorite Comic: Generation X (early issues)
Favorite Movie: Persona 3 movies (1-4)
Favorite Book: Animator's Survival Kit
Favorite Musician(s): Michiru Yamane (Skullgirls)
Favorite Album: Castle Crashers OST
Favorite Game: Jewelion (did the art/animation)

All these active topics. Thanks!
Unique design, and yes, very hard to draw!
Also, a fun character. Maybe if she ever returned, she could slide along the ceiling throughout WOOHP somehow. biggrin.gif

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

My video game art/animation: http://www.tangerinepop.com/
However tough life gets, don't give up!

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Oct 3 2016, 07:42 PM
Post #4

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

I think she was too gimmicky and didn't really serve any purpose. I don't know why Jerry needed a robot to help him distribute gadgets. It's funny how they wrote her out of the show with a line a of dialogue. Unfortunately, Mindy, Caitlin and Dominique didn't even get that much.

+Quote Post
TB74
post Oct 3 2016, 11:25 PM
Post #5

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Member No.: 380
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Me + Kugimiya Rie :)
Favorite Anime: Maria-Sama ga Miteru
Favorite Comic: Philemon
Favorite Movie: The Big Lebowski
Favorite Book: The Complete Works of Howard Philips Lovecraft
Favorite Musician(s): Kalafina

Mixed feelings. I thought she was funny when she was trying to boss Jerry around, but on the other hand, she didn't do much in the show besides handing the gadgets to the girls. Gadgets which used to handled by non-talking robotic arms, anyway.

I'm sure she served other purposes (besides being a talking database) behind the scenes, but the writers never expanded on that, so she became more of a distraction than a real asset to the show.

If she had been shown playing a better role (let's say, taking Jerry's place when he's on-site and can't be joined, or using her ultrafast calculation powers to help the girls solve technical problems while on mission), maybe she could've been interesting. Missed opportunities, here, IMHO.

Bottom line, I prefer the humanoid robot the Spies had to work with for a few episodes (not that she was much more interesting than GLADIS, but...). Can't remember her name right now, but she drives Clover's limo when the blonde Spy wins the Spy of the Year Award and starts having the big head, so some of you will likely remember her name.

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Oct 4 2016, 08:32 AM
Post #6

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

QUOTE (TB74 @ Oct 3 2016, 04:25 PM) *
Mixed feelings. I thought she was funny when she was trying to boss Jerry around, but on the other hand, she didn't do much in the show besides handing the gadgets to the girls. Gadgets which used to handled by non-talking robotic arms, anyway.

I'm sure she served other purposes (besides being a talking database) behind the scenes, but the writers never expanded on that, so she became more of a distraction than a real asset to the show.

If she had been shown playing a better role (let's say, taking Jerry's place when he's on-site and can't be joined, or using her ultrafast calculation powers to help the girls solve technical problems while on mission), maybe she could've been interesting. Missed opportunities, here, IMHO.

Bottom line, I prefer the humanoid robot the Spies had to work with for a few episodes (not that she was much more interesting than GLADIS, but...). Can't remember her name right now, but she drives Clover's limo when the blonde Spy wins the Spy of the Year Award and starts having the big head, so some of you will likely remember her name.

Virtualoso! I miss her.
I was going to post her emoticon, but Ghidra never made one for her...

(I drew her in one of my contest entries by the way...)

Oh, and...I was thinking of Virtualoso when I said GLADIS could have an android body!

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
TB74
post Oct 4 2016, 07:40 PM
Post #7

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Member No.: 380
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Me + Kugimiya Rie :)
Favorite Anime: Maria-Sama ga Miteru
Favorite Comic: Philemon
Favorite Movie: The Big Lebowski
Favorite Book: The Complete Works of Howard Philips Lovecraft
Favorite Musician(s): Kalafina

QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Oct 4 2016, 04:32 AM) *
QUOTE (TB74 @ Oct 3 2016, 04:25 PM) *

Virtualoso!

Yup, that's the one. Thanks for the reminder. smile.gif

QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Oct 4 2016, 04:32 AM) *
Oh, and...I was thinking of Virtualoso when I said GLADIS could have an android body!

Indeed, GLADIS would be better off if her processor was transplanted into a Virtualoso-type android.

+Quote Post
TotallyMari
post Oct 9 2016, 11:23 PM
Post #8

Lackey

Member No.: 891
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Clover/Tara
Favorite Anime: Mikakunin De Shinkeikou
Favorite Manga: Card Captor Sakura
Favorite Comic: Spider Man/Spider Verse
Favorite Movie: Deadpool
Favorite Book: The Young Elites Book Series
Favorite Game: Nights of Azure

I think Gladis was okay as a character. But the way that got rid of her was kind of cold. I mean they sort of built her up to have a consciousness, she was in hinted to be sentient and they essentially just scrapped her. I think Gladis was Totally Spies's only official death.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 03:00 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.