stephdumas
post Mar 4 2016, 12:24 AM
Post #1

Spy Chic V
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10
Favorite Character:

When I check some photos of Archer, it looked to me a bit familiar, he reminded me of some Franco-Belgian comic book heroes like XIII and Bob Morane, created by French novelist Henri Vernes (and who aren't related to Jules Verne) and adapted in comic book format by William Vance for Dargaud editions and LeLombard during the 1960s-70s and Coria taked the pen for the 1980s-90s-2000s.

I guess it's too far-fetched to ponder if Archer character design was inspired by Bob Morane but here some pictures I spotted here and there to compare.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TB74
post Mar 6 2016, 01:00 AM
Post #2

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 380
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Me + Kugimiya Rie :)
Favorite Anime: Maria-Sama ga Miteru
Favorite Comic: Philemon
Favorite Movie: The Big Lebowski
Favorite Book: The Complete Works of Howard Philips Lovecraft
Favorite Musician(s): Kalafina

QUOTE (stephdumas @ Mar 3 2016, 07:24 PM) *
When I check some photos of Archer, it looked to me a bit familiar, he reminded me of some Franco-Belgian comic book heroes like XIII and Bob Morane, created by French novelist Henri Vernes (and who aren't related to Jules Verne) and adapted in comic book format by William Vance for Dargaud editions and LeLombard during the 1960s-70s and Coria taked the pen for the 1980s-90s-2000s.

I guess it's too far-fetched to ponder if Archer character design was inspired by Bob Morane but here some pictures I spotted here and there to compare.

I suppose Archer's character design could've been inspired in part by the character of Bob Morane. More likely, though, the main inspiration came from the James Bond character. Let's face it, Archer looks a lot like Sean Connery in the early James Bond. And it's not just the suit: just watch Archer when he's in shorts by the beach and compare with James Bond in Connery era movies...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2018 - 02:37 AM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.