IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does Totally Spies deserve a rebuild?, Fund it!
Kira Yamato
post Feb 3 2017, 05:04 PM
Post #1

The Spetacular Resident Forum Bishounen Physicist
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 11
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Yuri count as a favorite pairing too, right?
Favorite Anime: Too many to list...
Favorite Manga: Yet again, too many to list...
Favorite Movie: Can't accurately count them...
Favorite Book: Sein und Zeit, Metaphysik, Summa Theologiae
Favorite Musician(s): Beethoven, Richard Wagner, Anton Bruckner
Favorite Game: Desurete, Bandori, BGHS, and Kancolle

I'm pretty sure we already have a thread to discuss this (too lazy to perform a search)... Anyway, what do you think guys? Should TS receive a rebuild? What would you like to see on it? z04.png x z01.png and z05.png x z02.png yuri moments? Maybe some Jerry x M.O.M. romance? z12.png - z11.png - z10.png yaoi? Please, ideas people! Ideas!

Here goes a couple of suggestions:

- Some z32.png and z06.png background info. I would love to see their interactions before Jerry's "betrayal".

- z45.png and z42.png definitely MUST come back!

- A super sentai parody. Why not? Our Five-Man Band would be: z02.png - z03.png - z01.png - z05.png - z04.png [added for numerical convenience]. Guess who is our Sixth Ranger Traitor?

- Talking about traitors, if we consider that our beloved spies form a Power Trio, won't Britney be our famous Sixth Ranger Traitor? I would love to see it [I'm sorry, Galvatron... I'm sorry sad.gif].

- z43.png need to show up again.

- z31.png - z27.png - z26.png should become Brainwashed and Crazy once more.

- z46.png gun*** would be very appreciated to make at least a cameo.

Come on, people! Give us our ideas! biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Feb 3 2017, 11:44 PM
Post #2

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

I think I mostly want another sequel. These days, remakes or "reboots" tend to be pretty disappointing. I mean look at what happened to Powerpuff Girls. If they were to remake it, I would demand no input from the US right now since they're filled with people in animation trying to ruin everything and make it super politically correct. So yeah, French only production. Not that TS hasn't always been that since Marathon owns the property, but I would be worried about it. Only exception I think would be an anime, which would certainly be good from any Japanese studio I think.

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Feb 4 2017, 12:54 PM
Post #3

Spy Chic II
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 901
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Alex & Martin Mystery
Favorite Anime: Persona 4
Favorite Manga: Nausicaa
Favorite Comic: Generation X (early issues)
Favorite Movie: Persona 3 movies (1-4)
Favorite Book: Animator's Survival Kit
Favorite Musician(s): Michiru Yamane (Skullgirls)
Favorite Album: Castle Crashers OST
Favorite Game: Jewelion (did the art/animation)

Excellent topic. Love the energy you're bringing to it.
Ghidra brings up a good point as well, with the need for the show's integrity.

It's can be easy for famous US shows to have money thrown at them based off the safety of nostalgia being a 'sure-sell'.
But TS is unique due to where it was made, and the cast and feel of the show.

Been some years now since season 6, so honestly, as time passes, I'm willing to take what I can get.
If I could fund or support the show, I would. They need to drum up some financial support somehow.
When I saw "In association with TF1 and Walt Disney Co. France" in the opening credits of Season 6, I was hopeful.

The show had a new art style, and was possibly being backed by big money in Disney, but was still the show I love.
But I guess it just didn't keep going for some reason.

Having experience working on TV animation at Wild Brain animation, it would be a dream job doing cleanup art or something basic (if they needed outside help).

Your idea of adding Brittney and Mandy to the team is really cool.
Milan makes a cameo in S.6 Pageant Problems, so I think she's been released. Seeing her again would be great.

z06.png x mom.png is a fantastic idea. (You've got to scroll way down to find M.O.M., ha)
If there are no legal issues, it could open the door to bringing back Martin Mystery in crossovers, which would be amazing. Alex x Martin would be so much fun as well.

Good point on Felicity and Ariel coming back. Marathon, don't you remember Ariel saying she'd be back after she escaped? tongue.gif
Brittney as a traitor would be too sad for me. cry2.gif
Yuri would be possible if they somehow could find that niche market. It sure would be interesting after all these years to finally see them go all out!

Every season seems to be a year at school, so they'd have two seasons before graduating from college.
I'd like to see a college event with a large crowd, the girls hosting a party at their place, and something serious that pushes the feels (Sam's mom in the hospital or something).
Could go on & on, but will end with a hope for the future. bye.gif

My video game art/animation: http://www.tangerinepop.com/
However tough life gets, don't give up!

+Quote Post
TotallyMari
post Feb 5 2017, 02:16 PM
Post #4

Lackey

Member No.: 891
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Clover/Tara
Favorite Anime: Mikakunin De Shinkeikou
Favorite Manga: Card Captor Sakura
Favorite Comic: Spider Man/Spider Verse
Favorite Movie: Deadpool
Favorite Book: The Young Elites Book Series
Favorite Game: Nights of Azure

I can't decide which I'd like better. A rebuild that just stuck to basics and added new stuff, giving us more Totally Spies stories set in highschool. Or a sequel that took them into the young adult life. Either way some of the stuff I'd love to see would be z06.png X M.O.M And of course z01.png x z04.png yuri. It's honestly such a big part of the fanbase at this point that I don't see why they wouldn't at least ham up the subtext for us. And clovergif.gif getting a girlfriend would be fun, of course I don't know who it would be. Maybe they could bring back z25.png I'd also love to see all the villains coming back, and I also miss Gladis. I don't know if she'd be good in a reboot or sequel. Maybe Marathon could crowdfund for a new series, I'd definitely donate.

+Quote Post
stephdumas
post Feb 5 2017, 02:46 PM
Post #5

Spy Chic V
Group Icon

Member No.: 10
Favorite Character:

QUOTE (jettmanas @ Feb 4 2017, 07:54 AM) *

It's can be easy for famous US shows to have money thrown at them based off the safety of nostalgia being a 'sure-sell'.

Althought the idea of a rebuild/reboot is interesting, Ghilda posted a interesting point with the failed reboot of PPG (Powerpuff Girls).
Milan makes a cameo in S.6 Pageant Problems, so I think she's been released. Seeing her again would be great.

I like that too.

z06.png x mom.png is a fantastic idea. (You've got to scroll way down to find M.O.M., ha)
If there are no legal issues, it could open the door to bringing back Martin Mystery in crossovers, which would be amazing. Alex x Martin would be so much fun as well.

Good point about legal issues, in the original Martin Mystery comic graphic novel series, there was no M.O.M. Maybe we got a foot in the door for a possible hope?

Good point on Felicity and Ariel coming back. Marathon, don't you remember Ariel saying she'd be back after she escaped? tongue.gif
Yuri would be possible if they somehow could find that niche market. It sure would be interesting after all these years to finally see them go all out!

I want to return of Ariel too and S6 lacked the main big villains of the previous seasons mainly Tim Scam, Geraldine and Terrence. I would wish for a team-up of Tim Scam and Geraldine.
I don't like the idea of Britney as a traitor either unless A) she's been brainwashed or cool.gif act as a traitor so the real traitor will contact her, doing some sort of undercover mission like Sam did in Mime World. How about Blaine acting as a traitor? Despite Clover and him have broken, it'll re-ignite some spark in Clover's heart. It might look like Penny Gadget relation with Talon (Dr. Claw's nephew) in the 2015 Inspector Gadget cartoon. Then there's Britney's 2 teammates we saw in a photo in "Escape from WOOHP Island" http://totallyspies.wikia.com/wiki/File:Pe...s_displayed.jpg There's some character potential development to do with these 2 guys.

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Feb 5 2017, 09:21 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Ghidra @ Feb 4 2017, 01:44 AM) *
I think I mostly want another sequel. These days, remakes or "reboots" tend to be pretty disappointing. I mean look at what happened to Powerpuff Girls. If they were to remake it, I would demand no input from the US right now since they're filled with people in animation trying to ruin everything and make it super politically correct. So yeah, French only production. Not that TS hasn't always been that since Marathon owns the property, but I would be worried about it. Only exception I think would be an anime, which would certainly be good from any Japanese studio I think.

Geez, your comment sounds almost if every remake is fated to fail, danchou-onii-chan. This is not always the case anyways. Take the example of Evangelion. The first series (aired in 1995) was acclaimed for its original content, but its ending was highly debated for fans due its nonorthodox nature. Two years later, The End of Evangelion was released as a sort of alternative finale for the series. However, the movie was criticized by virtue of its gory and violent scenes, especially that one in which EVA-02 is devoured by the mass production series. Many fans argued that Hideaki Anno went nuts during its production. Very well, twelve years after the release of the original series we met its reboot, Rebuild of Evangelion. The first two movies pretty much followed the script of the first serialization (up to episode 19) with some substantial modifications. However, Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo took a very different route, as it has shown us a Crapsack World after the Third Impact (none of this happened in the original series). The movie was higly appraised even in America, despite some plot holes that popped up due the departure of course from the anime.

I understand that many remakes have failed so far, but I think it is an exaggeration saying they will always tend to failure. This is what I advocate though. XD

QUOTE (jettmanas @ Feb 4 2017, 02:54 PM) *

Been some years now since season 6, so honestly, as time passes, I'm willing to take what I can get.
If I could fund or support the show, I would. They need to drum up some financial support somehow.
When I saw "In association with TF1 and Walt Disney Co. France" in the opening credits of Season 6, I was hopeful.

The show had a new art style, and was possibly being backed by big money in Disney, but was still the show I love.
But I guess it just didn't keep going for some reason.

Having experience working on TV animation at Wild Brain animation, it would be a dream job doing cleanup art or something basic (if they needed outside help).

Every season seems to be a year at school, so they'd have two seasons before graduating from college.
I'd like to see a college event with a large crowd, the girls hosting a party at their place, and something serious that pushes the feels (Sam's mom in the hospital or something).
Could go on & on, but will end with a hope for the future. bye.gif

Thanks for your encouragement, my friend! biggrin.gif

I don't really know how ot explain it, but I think Britney would pretty much be able "to counter" Mandy's Alpha Bitchness. XD Maybe it is because Britney is usually aloof and calm (even though she already showed us some signs of not being so mentally stable lol). They would make a nice duo.

About Milan, I am constantly dreaming of seeing her put a Heel-Face Turn and become an ally. laugh.gif Plus points if she becomes a spy. tongue.gif Okay, okay... I'll stop dreaming now. XD

I think z06.png x mom.png should become canon. whistle.gif But they're currently pretty much Star-Crossed Lovers for now... sad.gif

Your comment about Sammie's mon is a very nice idea! Indeed it could be an event that forces Sammie to withdraw from being a spy (please insert a plot twist or an Applied Phlebotinum here), psychologically impacting in the way Clover and Alex deal with their missions. Of course, Sammie's retirement would only be a temporary issue.

QUOTE (TotallyMari @ Feb 5 2017, 04:16 PM) *
I can't decide which I'd like better. A rebuild that just stuck to basics and added new stuff, giving us more Totally Spies stories set in highschool. Or a sequel that took them into the young adult life. Either way some of the stuff I'd love to see would be z06.png X M.O.M And of course z01.png x z04.png yuri. It's honestly such a big part of the fanbase at this point that I don't see why they wouldn't at least ham up the subtext for us. And clovergif.gif getting a girlfriend would be fun, of course I don't know who it would be. Maybe they could bring back z25.png I'd also love to see all the villains coming back, and I also miss Gladis. I don't know if she'd be good in a reboot or sequel. Maybe Marathon could crowdfund for a new series, I'd definitely donate.

Ooh, I miss z25.png and her lack of personality. LOL She should definitely make a come back. I can even picture her having catfights with Clover due to some random boy. XD

QUOTE (stephdumas @ Feb 5 2017, 04:46 PM) *
I want to return of Ariel too and S6 lacked the main big villains of the previous seasons mainly Tim Scam, Geraldine and Terrence. I would wish for a team-up of Tim Scam and Geraldine.
I don't like the idea of Britney as a traitor either unless A) she's been brainwashed or cool.gif act as a traitor so the real traitor will contact her, doing some sort of undercover mission like Sam did in Mime World. How about Blaine acting as a traitor? Despite Clover and him have broken, it'll re-ignite some spark in Clover's heart. It might look like Penny Gadget relation with Talon (Dr. Claw's nephew) in the 2015 Inspector Gadget cartoon. Then there's Britney's 2 teammates we saw in a photo in "Escape from WOOHP Island" http://totallyspies.wikia.com/wiki/File:Pe...s_displayed.jpg There's some character potential development to do with these 2 guys.

Ariel was literally Put on a Bus. I hope it didn't crash somewhere...

In relation to Britney Face-Heel Turn, I fund it because it would be so cool! XD Okay, this is not a proper explanation...

*Ahem*

She could just be The Mole Forced into Evil, as you said. But this is boring. tongue.gif I think it would be much more interesting if something happens and makes her to become evil. Imagine a very dangerous mission in which the spies' lifes are put at stake. Britney makes an Heroic Sacrifice to save her friends (and gets seriously wounded), but later discovers it was a senseless move because the spies would survive anyway. She wonders why the spies didn't come back to search her. The Big Bad shows up and uses his/her Compelling Voice to push Britney into a Despair Event Horizont. Britney starts to hate the spies. We Used to Be Friends comes as a result.

+Quote Post
stephdumas
post Feb 6 2017, 12:51 AM
Post #7

Spy Chic V
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Some food for thoughts, if we go the remake/reboot way, how about a Japanese studio (Toei, Sunrise, Aniplex, Madhouse, etc....) doing a remake/reboot of Totally Spies? I often mentionned the idea of a "TSZ" as a anime counterpart of TS just like PPGZ was a anime remake/reboot of PPG. For the English and French dub, they just re-hire the original voice actors.

+Quote Post
TB74
post Feb 6 2017, 01:32 AM
Post #8

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Member No.: 380
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Me + Kugimiya Rie :)
Favorite Anime: Maria-Sama ga Miteru
Favorite Comic: Philemon
Favorite Movie: The Big Lebowski
Favorite Book: The Complete Works of Howard Philips Lovecraft
Favorite Musician(s): Kalafina
Favorite Game: Sunless Sea

Well, that depends on what you mean by "reboot", Kira-san. A new series starting from the beginning would not be very interesting, in my opinion, unless they bring something very different to the series.

A nice possibility would be to make a series about some other Spies. I can imagine a spin-off about Britney and her teammates from WOOHP Australia. However, unless she's paired with more interesting characters than Blaine, I would probably skip on such a spin-off. If the characters are interesting, however... that could be a real nice spin-off. The Amazing Spiez! didn't work for me, but I'm sure some people actually liked the series. But spin-off and reboot aren't exactly the same thing.

What I would love to see is a series in which the Spies are older and devote most of their time to their job. Sure, it's more of a sequel than a reboot, but I think removing the school life from the series would change the series in a way a simple sequel would not. Having the Spies out of school would be a refreshing take on the school-Spy-social pattern found in Totally Spies!, and would allow the introduction of interesting, more adult plots.

The B-plots would have to come from something different from their student lives, of course. It could be about who they meet outside of their "workplace", such as friends and dates, and how they manage to keep the secret about their real job around friends and family. Running gags could include the Spies disappearing in the middle of their dates to complete a mission, and trying to repair the damage afterward, to no avail (Clover is a lot more interesting when she's single, IMHO).

This means Mandy would have to be left out of the series at times, but I'm sure creative writers would find some way to make her bump into the Spies every other episode or so. Mandy could be an international model that always end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. She doesn't have to be a model, actually. She could be a business woman who travels a lot. Or just a rich brat who travels a lot, LOL. Any reason that brings her where the Spies are is good enough. This could actually become an interesting running gag.

Imagine this scene:

z03.png "I can't believe this! We managed to graduate from Mali-U and become full-time Super Spies, and yet we keep running into... Argh!"
z02.png "I see you're taking this very well, Clover. You should be happy we could help her."
z01.png "I actually like the idea we can run into old friends and acquaintances because of our job. It's sort of... romantic."
z03.png "Romantic?"
z01.png "Not as in dinner with candles romantic."
z03.png "Uh, pu-lease. Don't you ever put Mandy and romance in the same sentence, please."
z01.png "Well... She was kind of nice this time, don't you think? Right?"
z02.png "Really? Was she nice? Oh, yeah! You're right, Sam! She wasn't as annoying as usual. That counts as kind."
z03.png "Helloooo? Really, girls? She was, like, totally annoying, vain, rude, grumpy..."
z02.png "It's okay, Clover. We get the picture..."
z03.png "...and airheaded as usual. She's a nuisance!"

Besides, it's not like the series absolutely needs Mandy as a character. The creators could replace Jerry with a really annoying boss that acts much like Mandy. Or maybe Jerry would have to impose such a character on the girls. Like a legal adviser who would constantly bug the Spies about how much property damage they're responsible for or how much strain they put on the diplomatic relationships between fictitious countries because of their blunders.

This character could also be WOOHP's physician for the Spies, who would constantly scorn them about how they always end up with dislocated shoulders and other bruises. I can surely imagine a lot of innuendo and fun jokes coming from that, especially if that physician was a sexy woman or a handsome guy... "Please remove your shirt and turn around; I need to check your lower back for possible muscle damage." wink.gif

The series could actually be about Alex, Clover and Sam meeting for the first time as they receive the "go" from Jerry to graduate from Spy apprentice to operational Spy. This means they would've trained at WOOHP for years and would only meet when they're made part of the same team... maybe a team of four with Britney, or one in which there is a guy the three girls fight for. So many possibilities, if the fans keep an open mind.

No matter the form such a rebuild would take, I would certainly want more subtext (sexual or yuri/yaoi innuendos, especially), as this is the main reason I got interested with Totally Spies! in the first place.

Otherwise, a sequel would be nice, too.

My two cents. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
stephdumas
post Feb 6 2017, 06:17 PM
Post #9

Spy Chic V
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (TB74 @ Feb 5 2017, 08:32 PM) *
[size=2]Well, that depends on what you mean by "reboot", Kira-san. A new series starting from the beginning would not be very interesting, in my opinion, unless they bring something very different to the series.

A nice possibility would be to make a series about some other Spies. I can imagine a spin-off about Britney and her teammates from WOOHP Australia. However, unless she's paired with more interesting characters than Blaine, I would probably skip on such a spin-off. If the characters are interesting, however... that could be a real nice spin-off. The Amazing Spiez! didn't work for me, but I'm sure some people actually liked the series. But spin-off and reboot aren't exactly the same thing.

I like the idea of a spin-off with Britney and some other characters might be spin-off potential like Pam, Crimson and Alice from Spies vs Spies, Donna the biker girl from Spy gladiators who could be introduced to WOOHP. Even the Spies mothers could have some spin-off potential.

+Quote Post
TB74
post Feb 19 2017, 05:47 AM
Post #10

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Member No.: 380
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Me + Kugimiya Rie :)
Favorite Anime: Maria-Sama ga Miteru
Favorite Comic: Philemon
Favorite Movie: The Big Lebowski
Favorite Book: The Complete Works of Howard Philips Lovecraft
Favorite Musician(s): Kalafina
Favorite Game: Sunless Sea

QUOTE (stephdumas @ Feb 6 2017, 01:17 PM) *
I like the idea of a spin-off with Britney and some other characters might be spin-off potential like Pam, Crimson and Alice [...]

That could indeed be interesting, especially if Pam, Crimson and Alice are in their teens or are young adults. Since such a series would take place a few years before Alex, Clover and Sam could even think about becoming Spies, the series could include some cool retro elements.

Stranger Things is a good example of a series that had a great and accurate era representation (I was about the age of these kids in the 80's, so I know first hand). Yet that retro aspect was never used as an excuse for poor writing or direction.

If the writers of a Totally Spies! spin-off featuring Alice, Crimson and Pam can come up with something new and interesting, I'd sure root for such a series.

Otherwise, I'll just pass... There are other (more) interesting series out there, IMHO.

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post Mar 18 2017, 01:36 PM
Post #11

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

Man, I didn't realize it's been over 15 years since the show started. Where in the world has the time gone?

At this point, I'd probably set the timeline just a little bit in the future and do a Generation 2. We've been with the main girls as they've gone through high school and just about completed college. 6 seasons without a main cast change is actually really really generous, and it's frankly amazing that the show managed to make it work the way they did. Even Power Rangers didn't hold on to its OG cast that long (though they came close).

Reboots are often always terrible anyway.

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Mar 18 2017, 02:56 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (GrandMasterGalvatron @ Mar 18 2017, 08:36 AM) *
Man, I didn't realize it's been over 15 years since the show started. Where in the world has the time gone?

At this point, I'd probably set the timeline just a little bit in the future and do a Generation 2. We've been with the main girls as they've gone through high school and just about completed college. 6 seasons without a main cast change is actually really really generous, and it's frankly amazing that the show managed to make it work the way they did. Even Power Rangers didn't hold on to its OG cast that long (though they came close).

Welcome back, GMG!

Personally, I'd really hate the idea of a Generation 2, because then all our shipping would get fucked up and we'd end up with stuff like, "Here's Clover and Blaine's daughter, they're married now." I mean you can't trust them not to mess up our head canons, but whatever. If they wanted to do another cast, just use alternate characters I think. I guess they did that with Amazing Spiez, but maybe it didn't have the same kind of impact for people because the cast was more kiddy. But it may just be better to do a Scooby Doo and just retain the core characters indefinitely. I don't think everyone is tired of them anyways.

+Quote Post
TotalShippingTra...
post Mar 18 2017, 04:12 PM
Post #13

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,005
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Mandy x Clover
Favorite Anime: My Ordinary Life
Favorite Manga: Whispered Words (Sasameki Koto)
Favorite Comic: N/A
Favorite Movie: Star Wars
Favorite Book: A Crack in the Sky
Favorite Musician(s): Lots, also varies, lol
Favorite Game: Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

QUOTE (Ghidra @ Mar 18 2017, 09:56 AM) *

Welcome back, GMG!

Personally, I'd really hate the idea of a Generation 2, because then all our shipping would get fucked up and we'd end up with stuff like, "Here's Clover and Blaine's daughter, they're married now." I mean you can't trust them not to mess up our head canons, but whatever. If they wanted to do another cast, just use alternate characters I think. I guess they did that with Amazing Spiez, but maybe it didn't have the same kind of impact for people because the cast was more kiddy. But it may just be better to do a Scooby Doo and just retain the core characters indefinitely. I don't think everyone is tired of them anyways.

Couldn't agree more! They'd fuck up our ships!! XD

(^v^)/ Ah, yeah! Girl's love ~

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Mar 19 2017, 12:06 PM
Post #14

Spy Chic II
Group Icon

Member No.: 901
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Alex & Martin Mystery
Favorite Anime: Persona 4
Favorite Manga: Nausicaa
Favorite Comic: Generation X (early issues)
Favorite Movie: Persona 3 movies (1-4)
Favorite Book: Animator's Survival Kit
Favorite Musician(s): Michiru Yamane (Skullgirls)
Favorite Album: Castle Crashers OST
Favorite Game: Jewelion (did the art/animation)

Ah so much activity- awesome. Good points on both sides. Scooby Doo serving as an example of a timeless cast.
They go through redesigns over the decades, and some people hate how they look, but at least they're around.

There's something about a group of high school/college age heroes that really appeals to some of us.
I've watched every ep. of each Marathon 2D show (TS, Martin Myatery, Team Galaxy & Amazing Spiez), a lot of Be Cool Scooby Doo, SD Mystery Incorporated, & older stuff, Josie, etc.

Good news is this fall Big Hero 6 series is on the way (2D animation). It's no TS, but has a few sweet female characters.

I'm curious what's up these days at Marathon. If it ever does come back (anything's possible), I'd be excited for a PS4 video game (if possible). Here, the dream lives on. Ian.png

My video game art/animation: http://www.tangerinepop.com/
However tough life gets, don't give up!

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Mar 19 2017, 09:14 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Ghidra @ Mar 18 2017, 04:56 PM) *

Welcome back, GMG!

I'll be frank and admit that I don't have anything against couples. They may be very interesting if the author is good enough to manage them.

Take Clannad as example. Tomoya and Nagisa met in the first episode, and stayed the whole season knowing better each other. Tomoya proposed Nagisa during the final five minutes of the last episode (season 1), and expanded their relationship in season 2. They got married and had an adorable child (Ushio-chan). Nagisa "died" giving birth to Ushio. She would come back later. One can easily see that both characters evolved within the span of two seasons.

I think it would be nice witnessing the very same progress with the spies, even if it costs our ships. From season 4 to the last episode of season 6, the spies have shown a lot of progress towards a variety of fields, especially those concerning their skills as super spies. However, I always felt that they were kinda one-dimensional when it matters to relationships (Blaine x Clover averts this though).

But I guess it is rather impossible to see a rebuild in which the relationships are upgraded. I mean, Totally Spies is not a slice of life series as Clannad is. Nevetheless, I can keep dreaming. XD

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Mar 20 2017, 05:44 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Kira Yamato @ Mar 19 2017, 04:14 PM) *
QUOTE (Ghidra @ Mar 18 2017, 04:56 PM) *

Welcome back, GMG!

I'll be frank and admit that I don't have anything against couples. They may be very interesting if the author is good enough to manage them.

Take Clannad as example. Tomoya and Nagisa met in the first episode, and stayed the whole season knowing better each other. Tomoya proposed Nagisa during the final five minutes of the last episode (season 1), and expanded their relationship in season 2. They got married and had an adorable child (Ushio-chan). Nagisa "died" giving birth to Ushio. She would come back later. One can easily see that both characters evolved within the span of two seasons.

I think it would be nice witnessing the very same progress with the spies, even if it costs our ships. From season 4 to the last episode of season 6, the spies have shown a lot of progress towards a variety of fields, especially those concerning their skills as super spies. However, I always felt that they were kinda one-dimensional when it matters to relationships (Blaine x Clover averts this though).

But I guess it is rather impossible to see a rebuild in which the relationships are upgraded. I mean, Totally Spies is not a slice of life series as Clannad is. Nevetheless, I can keep dreaming. XD

Well Clannad focuses on heterosexual romance I think. So it's just following the obvious paths of its own story arcs. To me, I admit I like TS partly because I can yuri ship it. So if they do some future storylines that kill off yuri potential, it's going to ruin my interest. It would be like marrying off the cast of Strike Witches or something to guys. No one wants to see that. This did happen to me once though. Kim Possible has a big yuri fandom. However, they basically married her off to her token male side kick, and I haven't cared about Kim Possible since. That was probably 10 years ago or something. lol

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Mar 20 2017, 09:44 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Ghidra @ Mar 20 2017, 07:44 PM) *
Well Clannad focuses on heterosexual romance I think. So it's just following the obvious paths of its own story arcs. To me, I admit I like TS partly because I can yuri ship it. So if they do some future storylines that kill off yuri potential, it's going to ruin my interest. It would be like marrying off the cast of Strike Witches or something to guys. No one wants to see that. This did happen to me once though. Kim Possible has a big yuri fandom. However, they basically married her off to her token male side kick, and I haven't cared about Kim Possible since. That was probably 10 years ago or something. lol

Sheesh, it seems danchou-onii-chan got a point there. tongue.gif About Clannad, I was hoping to see an yaoi pairing between Tomoya and (baka-)Sunohara, but it didn't come up. XD J/K It could also be a threesome between Tomoya and the Fujibayashi sisters, but I guess KyoAni doesn't like this sort of thing. >.<

Back on topic, I would surely give all my money to fund a possible threesome between the spies. lol I mean, Sam and Clover had shown some (almost) Les Yay moments before; forcing Alex to join the club would not be that hard, I think. Britney would surely be very welcome to join. XD

Okay, okay... let me stop talking nonsense now. lol

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Mar 21 2017, 04:28 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Sheesh, it seems danchou-onii-chan got a point there. tongue.gif About Clannad, I was hoping to see an yaoi pairing between Tomoya and (baka-)Sunohara, but it didn't come up. XD

You could always just write a fanficiton, onii-chan!

Back on topic, I would surely give all my money to fund a possible threesome between the spies. lol I mean, Sam and Clover had shown some (almost) Les Yay moments before; forcing Alex to join the club would not be that hard, I think. Britney would surely be very welcome to join. XD

Okay, okay... let me stop talking nonsense now. lol

So you want to see the spies in a threesome and then a foursome? Please tell us more about this idea. XD Alex certainly has Les Yay moments. Remember when Clover and Sam fought with each other to be her best friend?

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Jul 27 2017, 10:35 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Kinda feel I should revive this thread again! XD

QUOTE (Ghidra @ Mar 21 2017, 06:28 PM) *
So you want to see the spies in a threesome and then a foursome? Please tell us more about this idea. XD Alex certainly has Les Yay moments. Remember when Clover and Sam fought with each other to be her best friend?

Ops, can't tell you those things here, onii-chan! Th ecensorship bar will come up if I try to tell you something. lol Anyway, waht about a fivesome? Let Mandy join the party!

Hope she doesn't hear me. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jul 28 2017, 03:57 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Kira Yamato @ Jul 27 2017, 05:35 PM) *
Kinda feel I should revive this thread again! XD

QUOTE (Ghidra @ Mar 21 2017, 06:28 PM) *

Ops, can't tell you those things here, onii-chan! Th ecensorship bar will come up if I try to tell you something. lol Anyway, waht about a fivesome? Let Mandy join the party!

Hope she doesn't hear me. unsure.gif

Haha, a Clover/Alex/Sam/Many/Britney fivesome is surely a great idea. xd I want to hear more about this idea, onii-chan! I will block the ecensorship bar for you so tell me what you have in mind. tongue.gif XD

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 04:52 AM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.