Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Feb 11 2019, 09:22 PM) *
QUOTE (stephdumas @ Feb 12 2019, 12:28 AM) *
QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Feb 9 2019, 12:30 PM) *
Hi all, I recently rediscovered my love for TS and I’ve been really enjoying drawing the spies in my own style. I’ve got some images in progress so will upload them as I go along. Comments and prompts are welcome, I hope you enjoy my drawings smile.gif

Very kawaii biggrin.gif

Thank you! Here’s a quick kawaii Clover for today’s drawing biggrin.gif

Wow, it's super cute! z03.png

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Feb 12 2019, 06:06 AM
Post #22

Wannabe

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,038
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Clover
Favorite Anime: K-ON!!
Favorite Movie: Studio Ghibli films, SPIDERVERSE
Favorite Book: Norwegian Wood
Favorite Game: Animal Crossing New Leaf

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Feb 9 2019, 06:30 PM) *
Hi all, I recently rediscovered my love for TS and I’ve been really enjoying drawing the spies in my own style. I’ve got some images in progress so will upload them as I go along. Comments and prompts are welcome, I hope you enjoy my drawings smile.gif

So this one is a Sam x Clover sketch, I like to think Sam is easily embarrassed when it comes to Clover charming her wink.gif idea inspired by hdc - Clover trying to get out of trouble!

Ps I didn’t intentionally forget their clothes (I swear!) also I haven’t forgotten about Alex! I’m still working on her expressions drawings so will hopefully post that soon. Again thanks for all the awesome comments, please look forward to my future stuff biggrin.gif
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Feb 12 2019, 07:17 PM
Post #23

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Feb 12 2019, 12:06 AM) *

So this one is a Sam x Clover sketch, I like to think Sam is easily embarrassed when it comes to Clover charming her wink.gif idea inspired by hdc - Clover trying to get out of trouble!

Ps I didn’t intentionally forget their clothes (I swear!) also I haven’t forgotten about Alex! I’m still working on her expressions drawings so will hopefully post that soon. Again thanks for all the awesome comments, please look forward to my future stuff biggrin.gif

This is beyond cute. The expressions are priceless, and the text adds to the cuteness. Sam being a little tsundere is adorable. wub.gif And I like Clover seeming a little devious here with her advances. devil.gif Nice job!

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Feb 13 2019, 05:05 AM
Post #24

Spy Chic III
Group Icon

Member No.: 901
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Alex & Martin Mystery
Favorite Anime: Persona 4
Favorite Manga: Nausicaa
Favorite Comic: Generation X (early issues)
Favorite Movie: Persona 3 movies (1-4)
Favorite Book: Animator's Survival Kit
Favorite Musician(s): Michiru Yamane (Skullgirls)
Favorite Album: Castle Crashers OST
Favorite Game: Jewelion (did the art/animation)

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Feb 11 2019, 05:13 PM) *
QUOTE (jettmanas @ Feb 11 2019, 05:51 AM) *
QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Feb 10 2019, 01:54 PM) *

Sam’s expressions! This one was fun to draw, will make a Clover and Sam one next! Which one is your favourite?

Wow, you've done a lot of great work. Just found this one, and all the others.
Love the first post w/all three. The full-body one, and this and Clover expressions lineup.

Original style for them, and filled care. That's a lot of expressions!

Only thing I'd change is the photo background for the full-body picture. Maybe switch it for a simple background you draw so it fits w/them (could even just be a horizontal line).
Well done, and glad to have you ere.

Thank you, jettmanas! I’m happy to hear you like my drawings, I think yours are fantastic! Really cool to see your earlier works on here and see how your drawing skills have improved biggrin.gif Also thank you for the feedback, I’ve always had trouble with drawings backgrounds but I’ll try redoing the background as you’ve suggested smile.gif

Thanks very much for those kind words. And you're welcome. smile.gif
There are fewer TS fanartists as the years go on w/o the show, so you're definitely filling a void as a leading artist.

Great work on the chibi, and the Sam/Clover hug! happy.gif

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

My video game art/animation: http://www.tangerinepop.com/
However tough life gets, don't give up!

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Feb 13 2019, 06:37 AM
Post #25

Wannabe

Favorite Character:

Finally here is Alex’s version of the expression drawings. Personally like the confused and annoyed look although I wouldn’t want to face an angry spy! Maybe I’ll try doing one for Mandy at some point, she has a lot of great animated faces which would work pretty well hmmm
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Feb 13 2019, 06:41 AM
Post #26

Wannabe

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Ryofu @ Feb 12 2019, 08:17 PM) *
QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Feb 12 2019, 12:06 AM) *

This is beyond cute. The expressions are priceless, and the text adds to the cuteness. Sam being a little tsundere is adorable. wub.gif And I like Clover seeming a little devious here with her advances. devil.gif Nice job!

Thank you as always for your comments Ryofu! I like how you’ve put it: a tsundere Sam and devious Clover would make a very interesting pair wink.gif

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Feb 13 2019, 06:53 AM
Post #27

Wannabe

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (jettmanas @ Feb 13 2019, 06:05 AM) *
QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Feb 11 2019, 05:13 PM) *
QUOTE (jettmanas @ Feb 11 2019, 05:51 AM) *
QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Feb 10 2019, 01:54 PM) *

Sam’s expressions! This one was fun to draw, will make a Clover and Sam one next! Which one is your favourite?

Wow, you've done a lot of great work. Just found this one, and all the others.
Love the first post w/all three. The full-body one, and this and Clover expressions lineup.

Original style for them, and filled care. That's a lot of expressions!

Only thing I'd change is the photo background for the full-body picture. Maybe switch it for a simple background you draw so it fits w/them (could even just be a horizontal line).
Well done, and glad to have you ere.

Thank you, jettmanas! I’m happy to hear you like my drawings, I think yours are fantastic! Really cool to see your earlier works on here and see how your drawing skills have improved biggrin.gif Also thank you for the feedback, I’ve always had trouble with drawings backgrounds but I’ll try redoing the background as you’ve suggested smile.gif

Thanks very much for those kind words. And you're welcome. smile.gif
There are fewer TS fanartists as the years go on w/o the show, so you're definitely filling a void as a leading artist.

Great work on the chibi, and the Sam/Clover hug! happy.gif

I’m really happy to meet other great people who still appreciate the show, even though I’m super late to the party oops! After seeing all the awesome content on here I can’t help but contribute some of my own stuff towards this site too. Thank you for your work and kind words, jettmanas biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Feb 13 2019, 07:59 PM
Post #28

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Feb 13 2019, 12:37 AM) *

Finally here is Alex’s version of the expression drawings. Personally like the confused and annoyed look although I wouldn’t want to face an angry spy! Maybe I’ll try doing one for Mandy at some point, she has a lot of great animated faces which would work pretty well hmmm

Very nice! Good way to round out the set. xd My favorites are confused, shocked and annoyed. Very funny. laugh.gif Sad is definitely the cutest. a09.gif Alex is really good at those puppy dog eyes, isn't she? O__O

And don't bring up Mandy, I'm obsessed with her. heart1.gif z04.png heart1.gif She's my waifu. wub.gif But I don't want you to work your fingers to the bone doing these so you don't have to do more. xD

Thank you as always for your comments Ryofu! I like how you’ve put it: a tsundere Sam and devious Clover would make a very interesting pair wink.gif

Don't mention it. Xd You're super nice too in addition to being great at art!

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Feb 13 2019, 10:37 PM
Post #29

Spy Chic III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Yes, great job w/all three expression sheets, including the newest.
What program do you use for coloring & duplication of the head? Photoshop?
It's like reference a studio would have for artists working on them. (Marathon should see these) smile.gif

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
hdc
post Feb 14 2019, 04:13 AM
Post #30

Lackey

Member No.: 1,016
Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Feb 11 2019, 10:06 PM) *

Clover glomping Sam and resting her head on her chest is super adorable. I like that Clover calls her Sammy and the little note next to it. I'm not generally a fan of their catsuits so there's nothing wrong with giving them an au naturel look. This makes me think Clover pounced on Sam as she was stepping out of the shower, which is totally something Clover would do and Sam would find slightly embarrassing. It figures that Clover's way of getting out of trouble is (1) cute and (2) might just get her in more trouble instead. Also it seems fitting that you give Sam a bit of a height advantage.
I like your minimalist (for want of a better word) approach that conveys an emotion in a clean simple way. You're also very good with anatomy and facial expressions which I know from experience are very tricky. Thank you for drawing this and I am indeed looking forward to your future work.

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Feb 14 2019, 06:42 PM
Post #31

Wannabe

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (jettmanas @ Feb 13 2019, 11:37 PM) *
Yes, great job w/all three expression sheets, including the newest.
What program do you use for coloring & duplication of the head? Photoshop?
It's like reference a studio would have for artists working on them. (Marathon should see these) smile.gif

Thank you! I use Paint Tool SAI and Photoshop for my drawings smile.gif Drawing, colouring and duplicating layers with SAI and then editing, adding text and tweaking stuff using Photoshop.

I would DIE with happiness if Marathron saw these haha, maybe one day!

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Feb 14 2019, 11:31 PM
Post #32

Wannabe

Favorite Character:

After rewatching season 1 & 2 recently, I noticed how the animators tend to give Clover more of a narrow eye shape compared to the other girls. So I thought this would’ve been a kinda interesting drawing, how I interpret their eyes in my style haha.

Clover has a more mature and narrowier eye shape with cool blue hues. I also think she’d have thicker eyebrows, the kind that trendy girls tend to have nowadays!
Alex has a bright and wide eye shape, something that’s cute and youthful biggrin.gif Bright and warm hues for her eye colour. I reckon she has the thinnest eyebrows out of the trio.
Sam has a calm slopey eye shape, I think it’s kinda elegant(?) looking. Vibrant emerald green eyes, a very beautiful eye colour!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
hdc
post Feb 15 2019, 01:09 AM
Post #33

Lackey

Member No.: 1,016
Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Feb 14 2019, 04:31 PM) *
Hi all, I recently rediscovered my love for TS and I�‚„ve been really enjoying drawing the spies in my own style. I�‚„ve got some images in progress so will upload them as I go along. Comments and prompts are welcome, I hope you enjoy my drawings smile.gif

After rewatching season 1 & 2 recently, I noticed how the animators tend to give Clover more of a narrow eye shape compared to the other girls. So I thought this would�‚„ve been a kinda interesting drawing, how I interpret their eyes in my style haha.

Clover has a more mature and narrowier eye shape with cool blue hues. I also think she�‚„d have thicker eyebrows, the kind that trendy girls tend to have nowadays!
Alex has a bright and wide eye shape, something that�‚„s cute and youthful biggrin.gif Bright and warm hues for her eye colour. I reckon she has the thinnest eyebrows out of the trio.
Sam has a calm slopey eye shape, I think it�‚„s kinda elegant(?) looking. Vibrant emerald green eyes, a very beautiful eye colour!

I agree about Sam having the best eye color. She has eyes you could get lost in, plus red hair and green eyes go nicely together.

I like your interpretation of their eye/eyebrow shapes/colors, especially Alex's - I think she's more of a kind of translucent amber than simple brown, but that comes out only rarely in the show (2).

The first couple of seasons seem to have been split among several animators. I like some more than others but maybe it's best that there's variety. Though I haven't been able to find out the names of the studios, another thing I've long been meaning to do is make a list of who did what episodes. The way they draw eyes is indeed distinctive and how I tell them apart.

My favorite is the one that gives them slightly ovaled irises and also tends to give them pouty lips (3, 4). They also tend to give them heavily lined eyelashes (5). Some good example episodes are "Mommies Dearest" and "Zooney World".

There's also one that gives them very wide and almost round eyes (6, 7). I think this stands out the most in "Ski Trip", but other examples are "Stuck in the Middle Ages with You" and "Wild Style".

There are at least a couple of others whose style is less distinctive, such as the first couple of episodes ("A Thing for Musicians" and "The New Jerry").

One thing I like about Clover's eyes is that they get to clip through her hair (which would otherwise tend to get in the way) and sometimes even the edge of her face (1).

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Feb 15 2019, 06:32 AM
Post #34

Wannabe

Favorite Character:

Oops! I completely forgot about this wip drawing for Valentine’s day. It’s still incomplete and will feature Alex and Clover too (maybe even Mandy for Ryofu haha) but for now here’s Sam since she’s the most complete looking atm. Enjoy for now!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Feb 15 2019, 02:13 PM
Post #35

Spy Chic III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Feb 14 2019, 10:32 PM) *

Oops! I completely forgot about this wip drawing for Valentine’s day. It’s still incomplete and will feature Alex and Clover too (maybe even Mandy for Ryofu haha) but for now here’s Sam since she’s the most complete looking atm. Enjoy for now!

Fantastic! You're on a roll.
Good use of those eyes- really liked your thoughts on them & the art for all three.

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Feb 15 2019, 07:25 PM
Post #36

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Feb 15 2019, 12:32 AM) *

WIP is looking great. xD Can't wait to see the rest. ^ ^

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Post #37

Wannabe

Favorite Character:

I procrastinate a lot so some drawings will be completed, others maybe not ^^” That valentines one is slowly coming along haha

Anyways a quick Alex, Clover and Sam sketch here for today! Asides from school, boys, socialising, shopping and you know saving the world - the girls have to eventually put time aside for their homework.

Alex is having a breakdown, Clover hating every moment of studying and Sam just being bookworm Sam biggrin.gif
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Yesterday, 11:29 PM
Post #38

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Feb 19 2019, 08:48 AM) *
I procrastinate a lot so some drawings will be completed, others maybe not ^^” That valentines one is slowly coming along haha

Anyways a quick Alex, Clover and Sam sketch here for today! Asides from school, boys, socialising, shopping and you know saving the world - the girls have to eventually put time aside for their homework.

Alex is having a breakdown, Clover hating every moment of studying and Sam just being bookworm Sam biggrin.gif

This is adorable. heart1.gif Hahah. Poor Alex. laugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th February 2019 - 12:16 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.