IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Ikki Tousen Anime, Extravaganza Epoch, Announced (UPDATE: 2nd Preview Trailer Released!)
Ghidra
post Aug 18 2014, 04:54 AM
Post #1

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

I check the Ikki Tousen website a lot becuase it's become my favorite anime series, and it looks like they just anounced a new anime! It has new characters, returning characters and what looks like high production values! I'm thinking maybe it's an OVA or a TV series! It's named Extravaganza Epoch. You can watch a promotion video for it on the Ikki Tousen website. It's the first link near the top:

http://www.ikkitousen.com/

However, I can't read Japanese, so I can't be sure exactly what this is. So I'd like to please ask dear Kira-onii-chan to watch it and give me a run down of what it says. Please, onii-chan. :pretty please:

Anyways, I can't describe how excited I am about getting more Ikki Tousen anime. a42.gif

Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Aug 18 2014, 10:10 AM
Post #2

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

NICE PICTURE.

Umm...I still haven't finished the first series, so I'm not gonna see this anytime soon.

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Aug 19 2014, 08:50 PM
Post #3

The Spetacular Resident Forum Bishounen Physicist
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 11
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Yuri count as a favorite pairing too, right?
Favorite Anime: Too many to list...
Favorite Manga: Yet again, too many to list...
Favorite Movie: Can't accurately count them...
Favorite Book: Sein und Zeit, Metaphysik, Summa Theologiae
Favorite Musician(s): Beethoven, Richard Wagner, Anton Bruckner
Favorite Game: Desurete, Bandori, BGHS, and Kancolle

QUOTE (Syxx @ Aug 18 2014, 06:54 AM) *
However, I can't read Japanese, so I can't be sure exactly what this is. So I'd like to please ask dear Kira-onii-chan to watch it and give me a run down of what it says. Please, onii-chan. :pretty please:

Oya, oya. Why don't you ask Lucchini or Yoshika to translate it for you? a05.gif Aren't you very close to them? mad.gif mad.gif whistle.gif whistle.gif

Anyway, the video doesn't have much information. It only tells that Extravaganza Epoch is going to be an OVA featuring the newest characters of the franquise. No release date was given though.

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Aug 19 2014, 10:27 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Kira Yamato @ Aug 19 2014, 03:50 PM) *
QUOTE (Syxx @ Aug 18 2014, 06:54 AM) *

Oya, oya. Why don't you ask Lucchini or Yoshika to translate it for you? a05.gif Aren't you very close to them? mad.gif mad.gif whistle.gif whistle.gif

Anyway, the video doesn't have much information. It only tells that Extravaganza Epoch is going to be an OVA featuring the newest characters of the franquise. No release date was given though.

Thank you, oniichan! You are my hero! angelstar-kaos089.gif Translations are onii-chan's job! Maybe I will send Lucchini and Yoshika to reward you for helping me. tongue.gif

An OVA is extremely good news! Hope it goes for 12 episodes like the other seasons plus omake. xddd

I also wonder what studio will be producing it. Could it be Arms or TNK again? O___O

Anyways, hoping to see a lot of the Seito girls. There was also some foreshadowing in a previous episode about another Ryomou/Ryofu storyline I'm interested in seeing more about (no manga spoilers please xd). I want to start on the manga soon, but I think only 15 volumes were released in the US.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Aug 20 2014, 01:53 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Syxx @ Aug 20 2014, 12:27 AM) *
Thank you, oniichan! You are my hero! angelstar-kaos089.gif Translations are onii-chan's job! Maybe I will send Lucchini and Yoshika to reward you for helping me. tongue.gif

An OVA is extremely good news! Hope it goes for 12 episodes like the other seasons plus omake. xddd

I also wonder what studio will be producing it. Could it be Arms or TNK again? O___O

Anyways, hoping to see a lot of the Seito girls. There was also some foreshadowing in a previous episode about another Ryomou/Ryofu storyline I'm interested in seeing more about (no manga spoilers please xd). I want to start on the manga soon, but I think only 15 volumes were released in the US.

Attached Image

My internet connection was crappy when I posted the previous message. Let me be a little more specific about the announcement.

Ikki Tousen Extravaganza Epoch is going to be an OVA featuring the lastest characters of the Ikki Tousen franquise. There is no currently release date. It was also informed that Sakakibara Yui (Steins; Gate, Chaos;Head) is going to play a role concerning the musics for this OVA series. I believe TNK will be in charge of the project. Not sure though.

And, no... translations are not a part of my job here as far as I'm concerned. XD And, no... I am going to have my time with Shirley, Erica and Ursula instead. tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Aug 20 2014, 06:49 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Kira Yamato @ Aug 19 2014, 08:53 PM) *
QUOTE (Syxx @ Aug 20 2014, 12:27 AM) *

Attached Image

My internet connection was crappy when I posted the previous message. Let me be a little more specific about the announcement.

Ikki Tousen Extravaganza Epoch is going to be an OVA featuring the lastest characters of the Ikki Tousen franquise. There is no currently release date. It was also informed that Sakakibara Yui (Steins; Gate, Chaos;Head) is going to play a role concerning the musics for this OVA series. I believe TNK will be in charge of the project. Not sure though.

And, no... translations are not a part of my job here as far as I'm concerned. XD And, no... I am going to have my time with Shirley, Erica and Ursula instead. tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Thank you for the extra clarifications, Kira-onii-chan!

You sure you down want 5 witches at once instead? whistle.gif

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Aug 23 2014, 03:42 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Syxx @ Aug 20 2014, 08:49 PM) *

Heh, you owe me a big one, danchou-onii-chan-san! a05.gif

Anyway, surely! I'm going to convince both Yoshika and Lucchini about the advantages of being in my side. XD

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Aug 26 2014, 06:06 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Kira Yamato @ Aug 23 2014, 10:42 AM) *
QUOTE (Syxx @ Aug 20 2014, 08:49 PM) *

Heh, you owe me a big one, danchou-onii-chan-san! a05.gif

Anyway, surely! I'm going to convince both Yoshika and Lucchini about the advantages of being in my side. XD

Well, since I owe you, how can I pay you back, Kira-onii-chan? ^ ^ You can ask for anything you want from me. You are my onii-chan after all. tumblr_lhorr0Cmz01qb59nf.gif I'm here to serve you. XD

Can't they be on both our sides? Sharing is caring, onii-chan! whistle.gif Can I borrow Ursula? I think I need her to help me test my rocket. a05.gif

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Aug 28 2014, 03:39 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

The promo was posted on Youtube, so I can now post it directly on the thread. Also, it apparently was first shown at Comiket. This promo is numbered one btw, so we can expect more soon!

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Aug 30 2014, 03:12 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Syxx @ Aug 26 2014, 08:06 PM) *
Well, since I owe you, how can I pay you back, Kira-onii-chan? ^ ^ You can ask for anything you want from me. You are my onii-chan after all. tumblr_lhorr0Cmz01qb59nf.gif I'm here to serve you. XD

Can't they be on both our sides? Sharing is caring, onii-chan! whistle.gif Can I borrow Ursula? I think I need her to help me test my rocket. a05.gif

Oi, oi, oi! That sounds creepy! XD You don't need to do anything for me. lol

Well... Ursula only understands German. Shall you be able to talk with her? lol laugh.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Sep 1 2014, 01:31 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Kira Yamato @ Aug 30 2014, 10:12 AM) *
QUOTE (Syxx @ Aug 26 2014, 08:06 PM) *

Oi, oi, oi! That sounds creepy! XD You don't need to do anything for me. lol

Well... Ursula only understands German. Shall you be able to talk with her? lol laugh.gif tongue.gif

I can do your laundry or grade your papers, anything you want Kira-onii-chan. I am your servant! tumblr_lhorr0Cmz01qb59nf.gif

I know some German words. XD Like wiener. That's a German word, right? XD

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Sep 2 2014, 12:11 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Syxx @ Sep 1 2014, 02:31 AM) *
I can do your laundry or grade your papers, anything you want Kira-onii-chan. I am your servant! tumblr_lhorr0Cmz01qb59nf.gif

I know some German words. XD Like wiener. That's a German word, right? XD

Oi, oi! Stop with that damn Tomoyo-eyes! >.< It's damn creepy! XD

Well... wiener surely is a German word... not one that I'm interested though. lol Well, you may try talking with her... but I think she would like to have a proper conversation, not talking about wiener every time. lol

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Oct 26 2014, 11:35 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Okay, I've been checking the official Ikkitousen website everyday, and it was finally given a really huge update. In fact, the website has been overhauled to center specifically on the new anime, Extravaganza Epoch! I'll give you a run down of some of what I learned despite not being able to read Japanese. XD

Here are two key pieces of artwork released. I saved these from an animation on the website.

The main cast of Extravaganza Epoch:

Attached Image

The new characters:

Attached Image

What I was able to discern about the plot from a crappy automatic Google translation (if you see spoilers, please don't spoil me XD):

It centers around fighters from the Kansai region of Japan, who the reincarnations of Japanese warlords and samurai (they are pictured in the new characters above). They travel to Kanto to retrieve some kind of magical jewels (or something). Obviously, there will be a conflict with the Kanto fighters from the three major schools (Nanyo, Seito and Kyosho). That's all I know right now.

Release information:

So far the OVA is listed as having two episodes finished. The first episode will air on Japanese TV on AT-X on December 21. The second episode will be broadcast on December 28. It will also air on two other channels, Tokyo MX and BS 11, on January 2, 2015.

The DVD/Blu-ray release will occur on February 25, 2015. It is described as being 50 minutes in length in addition to a three minute "bonus video." (This is a Google translation. Maybe it is an omake episode?)

The studios that participated in the production include Showgate, Meadia Factory, ARMS and Kadokawa. I don't know who did what. It is directed by Kudo Masashi, and the great Rin Shin, queen of ecchi, did the character designs!

On the page, there's also new profiles for the main characters:

http://www.ikkitousen.com/character.html

Only thing I'm confused about is there is so far no evidence that Mouki Bochou, from Xtreme Xecutor, will be in this one. She wasn't in the last OVA either!

Regardless, I'm super excited! kaos-pinkusagi09.gif

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Oct 27 2014, 10:38 AM
Post #14

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

I really like the girl in red with drillhair!!

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Oct 27 2014, 02:23 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Syxx @ Oct 27 2014, 01:35 AM) *
What I was able to discern about the plot from a crappy automatic Google translation (if you see spoilers, please don't spoil me XD):

Let me guess: You want me to perform a translaton of the page, right? XD I can do it, but only later. lol I asm quite busy right now. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Oct 28 2014, 03:42 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Kira Yamato @ Oct 27 2014, 09:23 AM) *
QUOTE (Syxx @ Oct 27 2014, 01:35 AM) *

Let me guess: You want me to perform a translaton of the page, right? XD I can do it, but only later. lol I asm quite busy right now. laugh.gif

It's okay, dearest Kira-onii-chan! The last time I didn't have the option of Google translator, becuase it was a video. But if you want to take a look you can. tumblr_lhorr0Cmz01qb59nf.gif

+Quote Post
Mandy
post Oct 31 2014, 12:48 AM
Post #17

BH's Queen !!!!!!!

Group: Totally Spies Characters
Member No.: 655
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Me and David, or Me and Sam.
Favorite Anime: Anime?! Eww...
Favorite Manga: Gross...
Favorite Comic: Only nerds read them...
Favorite Musician(s): Any handsome musician
Favorite Game: Games are for losers...

EWW.... NERDY CONVERSATION!!! fail.gif fail.gif fail.gif fail.gif a54.gif a54.gif a54.gif a54.gif a54.gif Mandy-icon.png Mandy-icon.png Mandy-icon.png Mandy-icon.png Mandy-icon.png

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Oct 31 2014, 01:58 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Mandy @ Oct 30 2014, 07:48 PM) *
EWW.... NERDY CONVERSATION!!! fail.gif fail.gif fail.gif fail.gif a54.gif a54.gif a54.gif a54.gif a54.gif Mandy-icon.png Mandy-icon.png Mandy-icon.png Mandy-icon.png Mandy-icon.png

What, you don't like Ikkitousen, Mandy? XDD

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Oct 31 2014, 11:05 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Syxx @ Oct 31 2014, 03:58 AM) *

I believe she would love it if she finds out Sam cosplaying sonsaku Hafuku. XD Maybe Mandy could dress herself as Kanu Unchou. lo

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Oct 31 2014, 05:06 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Kira Yamato @ Oct 31 2014, 06:05 AM) *
QUOTE (Syxx @ Oct 31 2014, 03:58 AM) *

I believe she would love it if she finds out Sam cosplaying sonsaku Hafuku. XD Maybe Mandy could dress herself as Kanu Unchou. lo

In that case, Sam would have to be Gentoku Ryuubi! z03.gif

Attached Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 10:04 AM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.