Kira Yamato
post Dec 16 2015, 07:56 PM
Post #1

The Spetacular Resident Forum Bishounen Physicist
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 11
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Yuri count as a favorite pairing too, right?
Favorite Anime: Too many to list...
Favorite Manga: Yet again, too many to list...
Favorite Movie: Can't accurately count them...
Favorite Book: Sein und Zeit, Metaphysik, Summa Theologiae
Favorite Musician(s): Beethoven, Richard Wagner, Anton Bruckner
Favorite Game: Desurete, Bandori, BGHS, and Kancolle

The current year is close to its end... finally... I particularly won't miss it. LOL Anyway, it is a tradition in Japan to see a plethora of anime calendars being released between october and january. Kantoku's Calendar 2016 is just one of these artworks, and frankly it is a very pretty one.

Calendar 2016 does have 12 pages plus cover. It features uniquely original characters, just like Kurumi and Shizuku. The cover, bright and colorful, shows the two refered characters in a summerlike fashion:

Attached Image

The pictures featuring months from January to March consider some of the typical events taking place in Japan (and roughly in many countries of north hemisphere): Valentine's day and winter:

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

I found the image showing Miyaguchi Kanna (February) totally cute! wub.gif

The next three pictures a particularly superb:

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

The picture featuring Nagisa (June) is charming and very beautiful. It is my favorite image in this artwork! Shizuku (April) looks cute as well.

Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

The main drawback (at least to me) in this artwork is just the fact that it counts with two duplicates of images recently published in a previous doujin: July and October. Both pictures are present in COLORS. Oh, well...

Attached Image

Attached Image

Calendar 2016 ends with two charming and sexy images. November seems to show (very slightly) nipples... I will leave to onii-chan to decide if it should stay here or not. smile.gif

------------------------------------

The overall artwok is really cute and pretty, and I'm sure that Kantoku fans won't be displeased with it. Its main weakness is just the appearance of duplicates from previous doujins, but it is not a really serious issue.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Dec 16 2015, 09:04 PM
Post #2

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

Wow, very cute characters and super detailed artwork! a09.gif Thanks for sharing, onii-chan!

I guess since nipples in question are technically covered and it isn't very ecchi over all, this one case stays. lol

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Dec 17 2015, 12:32 PM
Post #3

The Spetacular Resident Forum Bishounen Physicist
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 11
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Yuri count as a favorite pairing too, right?
Favorite Anime: Too many to list...
Favorite Manga: Yet again, too many to list...
Favorite Movie: Can't accurately count them...
Favorite Book: Sein und Zeit, Metaphysik, Summa Theologiae
Favorite Musician(s): Beethoven, Richard Wagner, Anton Bruckner
Favorite Game: Desurete, Bandori, BGHS, and Kancolle

QUOTE (Ghidra @ Dec 16 2015, 11:04 PM) *
Wow, very cute characters and super detailed artwork! a09.gif Thanks for sharing, onii-chan!

I guess since nipples in question are technically covered and it isn't very ecchi over all, this one case stay. lol

I'm really glad to know you enjoyed it, onii-chan! The artwork itself is very charming and cute. My favorite girl is Nagisa (June); shee looks so innocent and pure...

I agree with you about that picture featuring nipples... they're not exposed at all. The calendar isn't even a ecchi one, as you correctly pointed out. That's why I particularly considered that it could be posted here. I'm glad you think the same. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
NinjaNick101
post Dec 17 2015, 07:03 PM
Post #4

Ninja
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 198
Favorite Character:

Those are all cute.

+Quote Post
TB74
post Dec 19 2015, 03:47 AM
Post #5

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 380
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Me + Kugimiya Rie :)
Favorite Anime: Maria-Sama ga Miteru
Favorite Comic: Philemon
Favorite Movie: The Big Lebowski
Favorite Book: The Complete Works of Howard Philips Lovecraft
Favorite Musician(s): Kalafina

QUOTE (Kira Yamato @ Dec 16 2015, 02:56 PM) *
The main drawback (at least to me) in this artwork is just the fact that it counts with two duplicates of images recently published in a previous doujin: July and October. Both pictures are present in COLORS. Oh, well...

Well, the February, March, May and August and December pictures are also part of COLORS, respectively as BROWN, PINK, GREEN, YELLOW and RED. With July and October, that makes 7 out of 13 pics coming from COLORS.

But then, since these calendars are usually made from the best work the artist made during the previous year, I suppose it's normal a lot came from COLORS, as it was a brilliant collection of exquisite pictures.

BTW, love the girls in November... Very sexy!

And May (GREEN in COLORS) is still one of my favorite among all the above. August (YELLOW), with its sunflowers, is still a must as well.

Thanks for sharing, Kira! Much appreciated. smile.gif

I still think Santa had yet another heart attack meeting those three girls in December, too. wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 09:21 AM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.