IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pokemon Black 2, White 2- Available October 7th!
CrowSama
post Oct 6 2012, 01:37 AM
Post #1

Love doesn't have to be scary...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 75
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Suzuna/Nozomi
Favorite Anime: Naruto, Pokemon, Bakugan
Favorite Manga: Strawberry Panic!
Favorite Comic: Yu+Me= Dream
Favorite Movie: House Bunny, Mean Girls, The Simpsons Movie
Favorite Book: The Host by Stephanie Meyer
Favorite Musician(s): deadmau5
Favorite Game: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

The eagerly anticipated second 5th generation Pokemon games are set for a release date on October 7th, in just 2 days.

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 are the first ever acknowledged sequels to any mainstream Pokemon game (by mainstream I refer to the classic color version RP games).

Unlike the previous generations, Pokemon B/W 2 is the first sequel. The other four generations have had three games, forming something of a triplet amongst the generations they represent. Red and Blue, plus Yellow in America made up Gen. 1 (Pokemon Green was available only in Japan, and was also a G. 1 game). Generation 2 brought Gold and Silver versions, followed by Crystal version. This generation was somewhat ground breaking, in that it offered the first ever moving Pokemon battle icons and first female player character.

Anyways, the third Generation gave us Ruby and Sapphire, plus Emerald as the Gem Trio, as well as the re-released of the Generation 1 games, Fire Red and Leaf Green. However these were not sequels to the original games, rather just remakes. Generation 4 had Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, and remakes of the Generation 2 games, Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Again, no sequels.

Generation 5 has given us a brand new perspective on the Pokemon world, giving us a whole new region with all new exclusive Pokemon to the region, and new legends, stories and cut-scenes.

Not too long after the initial release of Pokemon Black and White, players began to wonder if, like in prior generations, there would be a third game to the 5th generation, probably named "Pokemon Grey". However, something seemed to stump most of the Pokemon Trainers was just how they would incorporate it.

The legend of Generation 5 games goes something along these lines- The two legendary dragon Pokemon were pulled from a single dragon Pokemon. This single dragon was owned by the father of twin boys, and he gave each of his children one of the dragons, forcing his dragon to vanish. His sons aged and would come to fight eachother, one fighting for truth and the other for ideals. They would reach a tie, destroying the land, and the legendary dragons would seal themselves in stones, waiting for the champions to make themselves known in the future.

Zekrom and Reshiram are the two that fight eachother in the story, while Kyurem is the one they spawned from supposedly. Yet, Kyurem is in another legend, that a meteor fell from space and now resides in a large chasm, and eating people from a nearby village. This hardly fits with the primary story line.

However, when it was announced that instead of one game, there would be two, and that these games would be direct sequels to their predecessors, I know that I myself have become somewhat curious. Just how are Black and White Kyurem formed? What are they? Where is the original Kyurem? How do Black and White Kyurem effect the story? Are Reshiram and Zekrom still in the game? If so, what's their roll?

I don't like to spoil suprises, so I haven't looked at any play-overs of people who have gotten the game as a Japanese import to keep up the suprise for myself.

This game has also caused a spot of panic. Today, word got out that a single Walmart somewhere in the US has released Black and White 2 today, 2 days early. Game makers are highly specific about the release dates of their game, the dates get emblazed in people's memories, and are sent out on every poster for that game. It is unknown yet if more than one walmart has released the game early (though I checked mine today, they told me they did have the games on site however they were unable to sell me a copy, which is fine since I've already pre-ordered and paid in full for both games at a nearby gamestop) and it is also unknown if this Walmart is facing any penalties for releasing the game early.

I will be getting both Black 2 and White 2 on Sunday, and I'll definately post my opnions of the games then. However, until then, discuss your anxiety excitement!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KodeBreaker
post Oct 6 2012, 01:42 AM
Post #2

We cry lethean tears
Group Icon

Group: Uber Mod
Member No.: 8
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Clover/Britney
Favorite Anime: Hellsing Ultimate
Favorite Manga: Dimension W
Favorite Book: Mr. Mercedes
Favorite Musician(s): KoRn
Favorite Album: The Serenity of Suffering

Definitely getting at least one, if not both. smile.gif

Can't we just be selfish for one more day...

+Quote Post
CrowSama
post Oct 7 2012, 10:41 PM
Post #3

Love doesn't have to be scary...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 75
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Suzuna/Nozomi
Favorite Anime: Naruto, Pokemon, Bakugan
Favorite Manga: Strawberry Panic!
Favorite Comic: Yu+Me= Dream
Favorite Movie: House Bunny, Mean Girls, The Simpsons Movie
Favorite Book: The Host by Stephanie Meyer
Favorite Musician(s): deadmau5
Favorite Game: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

After having the games, I can only say this about them-
GET THEM. If you had reservations about getting them, be it either because of the map, version mascots, or the fact that they are direct numbered sequels, abandon all of that now. They're really totally different games, all of the features they've added and new areas to explore have really made the adventure part of it incredible. The Pokemon are great too, while all of the G5 Pokemon are still in there, they've added a few select Pokemon from G1-G4, however not so many that they overcrowd the G5 originals.

If you like Pokemon, and you have a DS, get one of these games. You won't regret it, the replay value is something to behold on this according to reviews, the amount of exploring you can do is phenomenal, and the storyline itself is already proving to be something from another world. Do it, I'm telling you, it's going to suck your life away (in the good sense)

+Quote Post
KodeBreaker
post Oct 8 2012, 12:40 AM
Post #4

We cry lethean tears
Group Icon

Group: Uber Mod
Member No.: 8
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Clover/Britney
Favorite Anime: Hellsing Ultimate
Favorite Manga: Dimension W
Favorite Book: Mr. Mercedes
Favorite Musician(s): KoRn
Favorite Album: The Serenity of Suffering

Got Pokemon White 2. Will be getting Black 2 as well sometime soon.

I agree with Crow. GET ONE OF THESE. Better yet, GET BOTH.

Can't we just be selfish for one more day...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 07:30 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.