Spy Chic IV
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 901
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Alex & Martin Mystery
Favorite Anime: Persona 4
Favorite Manga: Nausicaa
Favorite Comic: Generation X (early issues)
Favorite Movie: Persona 3 movies (1-4)
Favorite Book: Animator's Survival Kit
Favorite Musician(s): Michiru Yamane (Skullgirls)
Favorite Album: Castle Crashers OST
Favorite Game: Jewelion (did the art/animation)

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Apr 8 2019, 01:16 PM) *
I swear I do have a life outside of this website laugh.gif (as much as I would like to fully commit my entire life to solely drawing TS characters haha)

Here’s a few draft drawings in the works:
[attachment=12174:B620DCB8...F91BDCE6.jpeg]
This one is a part of comic I’m working on so here’s a sneak peek even though it’s very ambiguous right now lol

[attachment=12175:0EA60349...456D38EA.jpeg]
After drawing horndog Clover I attempted a Sam version, although this may turn into a drawing with both of them in it biggrin.gif

[attachment=12176:81CD6984...C0666F09.jpeg]
I know it’s not finished but I love the lens flare, shaded look too

Those are so good! And a comic in the works- wow.
You're an inspiration. Helping keep the TS fandom alive along w/some of us here. cool.gif

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

My video game art/animation: http://www.tangerinepop.com/
However tough life gets, don't give up!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Apr 9 2019, 08:08 AM
Post #122

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Apr 8 2019, 03:16 PM) *
I swear I do have a life outside of this website laugh.gif (as much as I would like to fully commit my entire life to solely drawing TS characters haha)

Here’s a few draft drawings in the works:
[attachment=12174:B620DCB8...F91BDCE6.jpeg]
This one is a part of comic I’m working on so here’s a sneak peek even though it’s very ambiguous right now lol

[attachment=12175:0EA60349...456D38EA.jpeg]
After drawing horndog Clover I attempted a Sam version, although this may turn into a drawing with both of them in it biggrin.gif

[attachment=12176:81CD6984...C0666F09.jpeg]
I know it’s not finished but I love the lens flare, shaded look too

Looking great so far. Love the Sam cheesecake, she looks so good. wub.gif

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Apr 11 2019, 04:31 PM
Post #123

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,038
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Clover
Favorite Anime: K-ON!!
Favorite Movie: Studio Ghibli films, SPIDERVERSE
Favorite Book: Norwegian Wood
Favorite Game: Animal Crossing New Leaf

I just wanted to get this piece out of the way so it's kinda 'rushed-finished' a06.gif
Cheeky Sam and possessive Clover! I can imagine Clover being a very jealous and protective girlfriend; if anyone tries to take her Sammy away, there will be trouble! Although Sam probably catches Clover looking at other attractive guys & gals all the time so Clover's always in trouble anyways *sigh* When will that girl ever learn?

Attached Image

Even though Clover is the biggest flirt in the world, I'd like to think she wouldn't cheat in a relationship. She'd have to prove to Sam that she is 100% committed and loyal to their relationship. Maybe this is where Sam can take advantage of this situation and make Clover "prove" her to devotion to her wink.gif Here's where domme Sam comes in...

I also made another version with a softer expression to help quench my Sam x Clover thirst laugh.gif

Attached Image

Enjoy!

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Apr 11 2019, 05:45 PM
Post #124

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Apr 11 2019, 11:31 AM) *
I just wanted to get this piece out of the way so it's kinda 'rushed-finished' a06.gif
Cheeky Sam and possessive Clover! I can imagine Clover being a very jealous and protective girlfriend; if anyone tries to take her Sammy away, there will be trouble! Although Sam probably catches Clover looking at other attractive guys & gals all the time so Clover's always in trouble anyways *sigh* When will that girl ever learn?

Attached Image

Even though Clover is the biggest flirt in the world, I'd like to think she wouldn't cheat in a relationship. She'd have to prove to Sam that she is 100% committed and loyal to their relationship. Maybe this is where Sam can take advantage of this situation and make Clover "prove" her to devotion to her wink.gif Here's where domme Sam comes in...

I also made another version with a softer expression to help quench my Sam x Clover thirst laugh.gif

Attached Image

Enjoy!

These are great. Thank for drawing them. z03.gif LOL @ Clover's hand placement. The second one is adorable too. I love the expressions. Nice work.

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Apr 11 2019, 08:23 PM
Post #125

Spy Chic IV
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Yes, fantastic work. These ones were very nice. heart1.gif

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
hdc
post Apr 12 2019, 02:39 AM
Post #126

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,016
Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Apr 3 2019, 03:07 PM) *
Another Sam x Clover sketch (of course what else do I even draw anymore laugh.gif) Decided to add a super cheesy love arrow border and sparkles because it looked pretty boring without them. Not entirely sure how to draw them making out haha!! I tried another intimate scene 😅 I have an idea for a fanfic/comic, we’ll see how that goes!

My favorite thing about this is how relaxed and happy Clover looks. I think the warm colors contribute to that feeling. I could see this happening if they were out on a date, maybe early in their relationship, and went to an Italian place and shared some spaghetti and (of course) ended up with the same noodle. Or maybe if they were sitting on a park bench somewhere and just snuggling. Like they're not wildly making out (that comes later) but just sharing the discovery that they like each other "that way" and getting comfy with being close to each other. The love arrow is cute too. Maybe there's a reflection of a neon sign in a window that's casting light over them and every time they walk by this spot they'll see it and remember. : )

+Quote Post
hdc
post Apr 12 2019, 04:25 AM
Post #127

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Apr 11 2019, 08:31 AM) *
Sam probably catches Clover looking at other attractive guys & gals all the time so Clover's always in trouble anyways *sigh* When will that girl ever learn?
Even though Clover is the biggest flirt in the world, I'd like to think she wouldn't cheat in a relationship.

I'll comment on the (as always) fantastic art separately but I wanted to follow this thread.

I gather most people think Clover has plenty of sexual experience (or at least that she would if she were translated to the real world). Of course, if you interpret the show literally, the farthest she's gotten is first base. I'm old fashioned and like to think she's had one or two typically awkward teenage encounters and that's all.

Likewise, if she likes to keep her dating options open, I'd like to think that has another side: that once she commits to someone, she commits. I haven't seen season 5 yet but my understanding is she has a steady boyfriend (Blaine) whom she's happy with. I don't know whether she still flirts with other guys then.

When she does dump someone, it's often because she feels mistreated (even if the offense is comically trivial). She dumps one guy because he celebrates their three-day anniversary by taking her to a monster truck rally (Matchmaker), another because he shows up for their date with a pizza instead of flowers (Baddies on a Blimp). Once she shamelessly trades up, but that's implied to be due to brainwashing (Thing for Musicians). Again, I'd like to think that means that if her partner is good to her, she's happy. (If only the real world were so simple.)

She'd have to prove to Sam that she is 100% committed and loyal to their relationship. Maybe this is where Sam can take advantage of this situation and make Clover "prove" her to devotion to her wink.gif Here's where domme Sam comes in...

"Hey Sammy heart1.gif, the mail just came. What's in this box?"

+Quote Post
TB74
post Apr 12 2019, 08:15 PM
Post #128

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Member No.: 380
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: None at the moment
Favorite Anime: Maria-Sama ga Miteru
Favorite Manga: None at the moment
Favorite Comic: Philémon
Favorite Movie: Too many to list
Favorite Book: Almost everything by Howard Philips Lovecraft
Favorite Musician(s): Too many to list
Favorite Album: Too many to list
Favorite Game: At the moment: The Last Door

QUOTE (hdc @ Apr 12 2019, 12:25 AM) *
Sam probably catches Clover looking at other attractive guys & gals all the time so Clover's always in trouble anyways *sigh* When will that girl ever learn?
Even though Clover is the biggest flirt in the world, I'd like to think she wouldn't cheat in a relationship.

I'll comment on the (as always) fantastic art separately but I wanted to follow this thread.

I gather most people think Clover has plenty of sexual experience (or at least that she would if she were translated to the real world). Of course, if you interpret the show literally, the farthest she's gotten is first base. I'm old fashioned and like to think she's had one or two typically awkward teenage encounters and that's all.

Likewise, if she likes to keep her dating options open, I'd like to think that has another side: that once she commits to someone, she commits. I haven't seen season 5 yet but my understanding is she has a steady boyfriend (Blaine) whom she's happy with. I don't know whether she still flirts with other guys then.

When she does dump someone, it's often because she feels mistreated (even if the offense is comically trivial). She dumps one guy because he celebrates their three-day anniversary by taking her to a monster truck rally (Matchmaker), another because he shows up for their date with a pizza instead of flowers (Baddies on a Blimp). Once she shamelessly trades up, but that's implied to be due to brainwashing (Thing for Musicians). Again, I'd like to think that means that if her partner is good to her, she's happy. (If only the real world were so simple.)

She'd have to prove to Sam that she is 100% committed and loyal to their relationship. Maybe this is where Sam can take advantage of this situation and make Clover "prove" her to devotion to her wink.gif Here's where domme Sam comes in...

Or maybe Clover's just pretending to have a lot of sexual experience to "lure in" the boys. Remember when her boyfriend finds her journal (or personal organizer, I can't remember exactly), which he reads out loud, only to find out Clover plans to dump him before the winter to take advantage of another guy's skiing chalet?

All this behavior could be easily explained, though: Clover was just trying to have fun and live her life how she wanted while waiting to find her "true love". She was getting favors from all these guys to "test" them, see how dedicated they would be, but what she was really looking for was someone who would stand up to her whims. And I'm not talking about acting like Mandy, who's not really standing up to her, being just...annoying! biggrin.gif I'm talking about really standing up. Even Blaine turned from hot rebel to spineless worm after he started dating Clover (well, IMHO).

Meanwhile, Sam was one of the rare persons who wasn't always budging when Clover was making sad puppy eyes or was begging for something, promising something else in return. Sam often denied Clover things Alex would've granted her in an instant (from a getting a hug of forgiveness to taking a break from a spying mission), after all. Maybe Clover would then realize Sam is that person, the one who stands up to her whims, while all these guys were quickly dumped for not being "good enough slaves". laugh.gif

Sam's actually the one who's "demanding", wanting Clover to be the best person she can be. Clover might then realize how much Sam cares about her, unlike the guys she dated before, who were doing their best to satisfy her numerous—and sometimes crazy—expectations, only to be ousted for failing to read her mind and to fill her expectations 100%. Like bringing a pizza instead of flowers to a date... I believe Sam would probably have said, "Fine, I'll eat it by myself—have a nice evening! Hmm...sho good, this pizcha!" before turning away if she had been in the same situation.

+Quote Post
hdc
post Apr 13 2019, 12:26 AM
Post #129

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (TB74 @ Apr 12 2019, 12:15 PM) *
Or maybe Clover's just pretending to have a lot of sexual experience to "lure in" the boys. Remember when her boyfriend finds her journal (or personal organizer, I can't remember exactly), which he reads out loud, only to find out Clover plans to dump him before the winter to take advantage of another guy's skiing chalet?

I haven't seen that one yet. That's disappointing, but then Clover's behavior is in the hands of individual writers so sometimes it's more extreme than others. Of course, Clover could also have done this as a trap to see whether the guy trusts her or is spying on her. Though that's not such great behavior either.

All this behavior could be easily explained, though: Clover was just trying to have fun and live her life how she wanted while waiting to find her "true love". She was getting favors from all these guys to "test" them, see how dedicated they would be, but what she was really looking for was someone who would stand up to her whims.

There's a lot of real-world wisdom in this post. ; )

Meanwhile, Sam was one of the rare persons who wasn't always budging when Clover was making sad puppy eyes or was begging for something, promising something else in return. Sam often denied Clover things Alex would've granted her in an instant (from a getting a hug of forgiveness to taking a break from a spying mission), after all. Maybe Clover would then realize Sam is that person, the one who stands up to her whims, while all these guys were quickly dumped for not being "good enough slaves". laugh.gif

Indeed. Sam would know from experience that letting Clover walk all over you is a bad idea. But more importantly, Sam doesn't let anyone walk over her anyway, friend or lover or complete stranger. (Yeah, she has a moment of weakness in "Evil Boyfriend", but the guy still has to ask nicely.)

Sam's actually the one who's "demanding", wanting Clover to be the best person she can be. Clover might then realize how much Sam cares about her, unlike the guys she dated before, who were doing their best to satisfy her numerous€”and sometimes crazy€”expectations, only to be ousted for failing to read her mind and to fill her expectations 100%.

Guys who jump through all Clover's hoops = boring
Sammy, who has Clover jump through her hoops = thrills and chills ; )

+Quote Post
TB74
post Apr 13 2019, 02:54 AM
Post #130

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (hdc @ Apr 12 2019, 08:26 PM) *

I haven't seen that one yet. That's disappointing, but then Clover's behavior is in the hands of individual writers so sometimes it's more extreme than others. Of course, Clover could also have done this as a trap to see whether the guy trusts her or is spying on her. Though that's not such great behavior either.

I wish I could remember which episode it was. I'm pretty sure it was in one of the first three seasons, which doesn't help much. laugh.gif

All this behavior could be easily explained, though: Clover was just trying to have fun and live her life how she wanted while waiting to find her "true love". She was getting favors from all these guys to "test" them, see how dedicated they would be, but what she was really looking for was someone who would stand up to her whims.

There's a lot of real-world wisdom in this post. ; )

Good point! Since the real world is sometimes quite different from the fantasy world in which the Spies evolve, I'd say it's best to take this with a grain of salt. wink.gif

Sam's actually the one who's "demanding", wanting Clover to be the best person she can be. Clover might then realize how much Sam cares about her, unlike the guys she dated before, who were doing their best to satisfy her numerous—and sometimes crazy—expectations, only to be ousted for failing to read her mind and to fill her expectations 100%.

I couldn't agree more!

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Apr 14 2019, 05:26 AM
Post #131

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Wow, lots of great discussions going on! I'm enjoying reading everyone's insights here, thanks for the input guys!
(My plan to get everyone on board with Sam x Clover is finally working evil.gif laugh.gif )

Clover is established as someone who will stay faithful in a relationship, like you said hdc, her romance with boyfriend Blaine proves that. TB74 I like your "true love" suggestion, Clover is very much "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" personified! Her happy-go-lucky and carefree personality would suit the idea of her having her fill of flings before "true love" comes along.

Sam's actually the one who's "demanding", wanting Clover to be the best person she can be. Clover might then realize how much Sam cares about her, unlike the guys she dated before, who were doing their best to satisfy her numerous—and sometimes crazy—expectations, only to be ousted for failing to read her mind and to fill her expectations 100%.

Holy crap I love this so much! Sam being the one person who doesn't put up with Clover's unreasonable behaviour makes her stand out in Clover's eyes. Maybe at first she sees Sam as a buzzkill, and thinks of her as someone who's just disagreeing with her to piss her off. But once she realises that wasn't Sam's intent and in fact she actually cares about her heart1.gif Lots of making up to do after this realisation!

QUOTE (hdc @ Apr 12 2019, 05:25 AM) *

I'd love to know what's in the box too laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Apr 14 2019, 06:50 PM
Post #132

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Well, I think Clover's story arc with Blaine was a bit controversial, mainly because she was acting out of character. If you notice, they wrote Blaine out of the show rather quickly after that story arc because I think Clover acting serious about a relationship messed too much with the show's core character dynamics. Before that, Clover was the one who was suspcious of Sam and Alex getting too serious with relationships in episodes like Matchmaker.

I don't really like the idea of coming up with explanations for how a character who is super flirtatious and chasing boys is actually a virgin or a "gold star lesbian" (which is a pretty similar concpet). I mean, yeah, I've done that before in writing, but I kind of regret it now. I think the best way to approach Clover is to have her be hypersexual and bisexual since that makes the most sense to me with her existing personality and behavior.

I think I'm too stuck on Mandy x Sam though to give too many serious thoughts on Sam x Clover beyond flirtation and sexy friends with benefits, but that's my problem probably. I'm loyal to Mandy. mandygif.gif

+Quote Post
hdc
post Apr 14 2019, 07:06 PM
Post #133

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Apr 13 2019, 09:26 PM) *
QUOTE (hdc @ Apr 12 2019, 05:25 AM) *

I'd love to know what's in the box too laugh.gif

Clover: Do I get any hints?

Sam: It's for you to wear...but only for me to take off.

Clover: Oooh! heart1.gif

Sam (wicked smile): Don't thank me just yet.

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Apr 15 2019, 06:18 PM
Post #134

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

You guys can thank TB74 for the inspiration for this drawing biggrin.gif They were kind enough to shower me with lots of Clover x Sam ideas, one of them being a combination of:
Clover dreaming of what Sam would look like at her hottest and vice versa + Clover dressed in a white lab coat with glasses and Sam donned a dress or a sexy attire her lover would normally wear.

In Clover’s dream, maybe she's fantasising they're going somewhere where they have to dress formally/fashionably and Sam offers to give her a helping hand wink.gif

It seems Sam is having the classic hot-science-teacher dream where Miss Clover will give her some 'one-on-one' tutoring after class heart1.gif

Attached Image

Had a lot of fun discussing and creating this drawing, will hopefully churn out some more with TB74’s help laugh.gif If anyone else wants to jump in on the Clover x Sam ideas, feel free to send me a message biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Apr 15 2019, 11:36 PM
Post #135

Spy Chic IV
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Apr 15 2019, 11:18 AM) *
You guys can thank TB74 for the inspiration for this drawing biggrin.gif They were kind enough to shower me with lots of Clover x Sam ideas, one of them being a combination of:
Clover dreaming of what Sam would look like at her hottest and vice versa + Clover dressed in a white lab coat with glasses and Sam donned a dress or a sexy attire her lover would normally wear.

In Clover’s dream, maybe she's fantasising they're going somewhere where they have to dress formally/fashionably and Sam offers to give her a helping hand wink.gif

It seems Sam is having the classic hot-science-teacher dream where Miss Clover will give her some 'one-on-one' tutoring after class heart1.gif

Attached Image

Had a lot of fun discussing and creating this drawing, will hopefully churn out some more with TB74’s help laugh.gif If anyone else wants to jump in on the Clover x Sam ideas, feel free to send me a message biggrin.gif

Fun concept- and you did it so well. They layout, poses, expressions. And coloring.
Like all the colors in the lab coat; impressive.

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Apr 16 2019, 03:56 AM
Post #136

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Nice work! I love the dream concept.

+Quote Post
TB74
post Apr 16 2019, 05:33 PM
Post #137

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Clover drooling is kind of the cherry on top of the sundae! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Yesterday, 01:28 AM
Post #138

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (TB74 @ Apr 16 2019, 06:33 PM) *
Clover drooling is kind of the cherry on top of the sundae! smile.gif

I'm glad you noticed, she's dreaming of something (or specifically someone) looking very delicious tongue.gif
Attached Image

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2019 - 01:02 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.