IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shit Alex Says (and cute moments)!, One-liners, jokes, innuendos, pics... post them here!
totallyAlex
post Jan 25 2015, 03:46 AM
Post #61

Super Spy

Group: Members
Member No.: 875
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Scarlet-America
Favorite Comic: Avengers, Batman
Favorite Movie: First Blood
Favorite Book: Lord of the Flies
Favorite Musician(s): various
Favorite Album: Songs for Swingin' Lovers (Frank Sinatra)
Favorite Game: Resident Evil series

Ha-ha, Clover has some real doozies. The more I get into re-watching the series, the more I realize it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Jan 25 2015, 03:52 AM
Post #62

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

QUOTE (totallyAlex @ Jan 24 2015, 09:46 PM) *
Ha-ha, Clover has some real doozies. The more I get into re-watching the series, the more I realize it.

Clover is the female Wilt Chamberlain. whistle.gif

z11.png z56.png z12.png z13.png z03.png

+Quote Post
totallyAlex
post Jan 26 2015, 01:41 PM
Post #63

Super Spy

Favorite Character:

Haha.

z06.png Do you ladies know what a tsunami is?
z03.png z02.png z01.png Duh!
z06.png Excellent. Well in the past week three of these giant waves--
z02.png Giant waves? Oh...I though tsunamis were those little breaded sushi things with the purple sauce. Nevermind.

-I, Dude

z02.png Whatever blows your hair back, Jer.

-Mommies Dearest

z27.png You just leave it to mother, I'll find a nice male companion for you. Well how about this gentleman right here? He has such strong arms!
z02.png Mom, I'm in high school; I don't date gentlemen.

-Mommies Dearest

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Jan 26 2015, 09:05 PM
Post #64

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Haha.

z06.png Do you ladies know what a tsunami is?
z03.png z02.png z01.png Duh!
z06.png Excellent. Well in the past week three of these giant waves--
z02.png Giant waves? Oh...I though tsunamis were those little breaded sushi things with the purple sauce. Nevermind.

Does anyone know what kind of sushi she is referring to? sushi11.gif

-I, Dude

z02.png Whatever blows your hair back, Jer.

He doesn't have anything left to blow back! z06.png

-Mommies Dearest

z27.png You just leave it to mother, I'll find a nice male companion for you. Well how about this gentleman right here? He has such strong arms!
z02.png Mom, I'm in high school; I don't date gentlemen.

This is my favorite part in the episode. laugh.gif Maybe Carmen just wants a grandchild ASAP. z27.png

+Quote Post
totallyAlex
post Jan 27 2015, 03:44 AM
Post #65

Super Spy

Favorite Character:

I don't eat sushi so I have absolutely no idea what she was referring too, lol.

Yeah she remembered that as soon as she said it and then changed it to: "I mean whatever floats your boat!"

And yes, Carmen definitely wants grandchildren, NAO! laugh.gif

EDIT:

z02.png Awesome! I can listen to music and kick bad-guy butt at the same time!

-Toying Around

+Quote Post
totallyAlex
post Jan 31 2015, 01:39 AM
Post #66

Super Spy

Favorite Character:

z01.png No soccer inside. House rules, girls!
z02.png Sorry mom. blush.gif I mean Sam. a06.gif

-Morphing is sooo 1987

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Jan 31 2015, 01:57 AM
Post #67

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (totallyAlex @ Jan 30 2015, 07:39 PM) *
z01.png No soccer inside. House rules, girls!
z02.png Sorry mom. blush.gif I mean Sam. a06.gif

-Morphing is sooo 1987

Oh, gosh, I like this one a lot. XDDDD Did Alex do that innocently, or was it a burn? XD

+Quote Post
totallyAlex
post Jan 31 2015, 02:39 AM
Post #68

Super Spy

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Ryofu @ Jan 30 2015, 08:57 PM) *
Did Alex do that innocently, or was it a burn? XD
It was completely innocent in that absentminded, Alex-y way of hers. happy.gif

(Clover struggling to get out of a trap.)
z02.png Clover! I don't bend that way.

-Evil Coffee Shop Much

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Jan 31 2015, 04:09 AM
Post #69

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (totallyAlex @ Jan 30 2015, 08:39 PM) *
QUOTE (Ryofu @ Jan 30 2015, 08:57 PM) *
Did Alex do that innocently, or was it a burn? XD
It was completely innocent in that absentminded, Alex-y way of hers. happy.gif

(Clover struggling to get out of a trap.)
z02.png Clover! I don't bend that way.

-Evil Coffee Shop Much

z03.png But you did last night! whistle.gif clovergif.gif

+Quote Post
SpykyTurtle318
post Apr 2 2015, 06:02 AM
Post #70

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 883
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: Totally Spies!
Favorite Game: Monopoly

QUOTE (TB74 @ Jan 14 2015, 10:50 PM) *
In Season 1, Episode 2, around 15:50.

a61.gif "Alex, you are a genius!"
a59.gif "I am? I mean... Yes, I am. How am I a genius again?"

Note: notice how Sam is constantly scolding Alex in this episode. LoL

There was another or multiple other posts talking about Sam's apparent disdain for Alex in Seasons 1-2... but I just finished Season 1 and didn't notice much scolding. Would you/someone please explain? Maybe I disregarded it, thinking Sam seems the leader, Clover middle, and Alex follower just due to their age differences (which should only be months, since aren't they in the same grade?)

SpykyTurtle318

+Quote Post
TB74
post Apr 3 2015, 04:23 AM
Post #71

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Member No.: 380
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: None at the moment
Favorite Anime: Maria-Sama ga Miteru
Favorite Manga: None at the moment
Favorite Comic: Philémon
Favorite Movie: Too many to list
Favorite Book: Almost everything by Howard Philips Lovecraft
Favorite Musician(s): Too many to list
Favorite Album: Too many to list
Favorite Game: At the moment: The Last Door

QUOTE (SpykyTurtle318 @ Apr 2 2015, 02:02 AM) *
QUOTE (TB74 @ Jan 14 2015, 10:50 PM) *
In Season 1, Episode 2, around 15:50.

a61.gif "Alex, you are a genius!"
a59.gif "I am? I mean... Yes, I am. How am I a genius again?"

Note: notice how Sam is constantly scolding Alex in this episode. LoL

There was another or multiple other posts talking about Sam's apparent disdain for Alex in Seasons 1-2... but I just finished Season 1 and didn't notice much scolding. Would you/someone please explain? Maybe I disregarded it, thinking Sam seems the leader, Clover middle, and Alex follower just due to their age differences (which should only be months, since aren't they in the same grade?)

If you watch closely, you'll notice that Clover almost never scolds Alex when she makes a mistake or klutzes out on a mission, while Sam does. It's not like Sam's always on Alex's case, but it somehow feels like Sam is less lenient than Clover about Alex's fails. This is sometimes very subtle, and it doesn't always comes out as mean, as if Sam was acting in a motherly way with her.

A few examples:

In S1 Ep2 (around 16:00), notice how Sam tells Alex to stop "messing around" after she says "her pores are officially over hydrated".

In S1 Ep12 (around 7:00), Jerry says the Great Wall might be the villain's next target. Check Sam's reply to Alex's enthusiastic "Looks like we're Peru bound!"

Neither replies are very mean, and could even be considered "fun sarcasm between friends", but they still show Sam scolding Alex a bit. There are many other examples like that, but I don't want to spend my whole evening writing them down one by one (could be very long, LOL), so I'll stick to the two above.

Also, during Season 1 (and maybe a bit in Season 2), Clover and Alex seem to be very close, as much as Clover and Sam are. But Alex and Sam don't look like they're as close. Again, it's not like that in every episode and it remains subtle overall... but it seems many people got that "feeling" about Sam and Alex. I think that's a reason why many people thought Clover was actually the main character of the series: she sometime acts as a bridge between her two friends, at least early on in the series. I can't remember feeling any sort of odd situation between Alex and Sam in Season 3, and I'm not even sure about Season 2. But Season 1 definitely has that vibe at times.

I read a few theories (not necessarily on this forum) about this, some crazy, some quite sound. I also made some of my own... Here's a few of them, in no special order:

1. Alex and Sam were only acquaintances who happened to have the same common friend (Clover) before they became friends too. This would be the reason why they don't get along well at first, as they don't know each other much yet.
  2. Sam has "the big head" because of her unofficial status as team leader, so she acts like it at times, which includes talking to Alex like a manager talks to an employee on some occasions.
  3. Sam wants Alex to improve, and is acting like a coach would with a player who's got great potential, i.e., pointing out at her flaws so she can correct them.
  4. (This one's my favorite.) There is some romantic tension between Alex and Sam, and in order to hide it, they act in a weird way. Such as Sam scolding Alex more so Clover doesn't feel like Alex is being given a special treatment for some reason (see the point above) and so Alex doesn't realize her true feelings for her. It would also explain why Alex seems to be more friendly with Clover and to spend more time with her, so Clover doesn't feel like Alex is more interested in Sam than her... and so that Sam doesn't know about her true feelings, etc.
  5. Sam actually doesn't like Alex (same the other way around), but both love Clover so much, they decided to get over their differences, which wasn't easy early on (i.e., during Season 1).

Whatever the reason, Sam is indeed scolding Alex a bit more than Clover is. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
SpykyTurtle318
post Apr 3 2015, 05:33 AM
Post #72

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

@ TB74: Okay, that makes sense. I have noticed that Sam does seem to reprimand a bit more than the others, but assumed she didn't to Clover as much as Alex simply because it wasn't as necessary. . . and assumed that yes, it was mainly motherly/"stay focused".

Interesting. . . I just rewatched Season 1 this past week and never really felt that "vibe", but I'm sure it was there. I guess I was too shallow-minded. laugh.gif This stinks, now I feel like I have to go back and start from the beginning again. . .

I can definitely see each of those theories as true. (LOL #4 laugh.gif )

Thank you for taking the time to go in-depth on this! biggrin.gif As I continue through Season 2 I will be sure to keep an eye out for Sam-Alex tensions now.

SpykyTurtle318

+Quote Post
SpykyTurtle318
post Apr 5 2015, 09:04 PM
Post #73

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (SpykyTurtle318 @ Apr 3 2015, 12:33 AM) *
@ TB74: Okay, that makes sense. I have noticed that Sam does seem to reprimand a bit more than the others, but assumed she didn't to Clover as much as Alex simply because it wasn't as necessary. . . and assumed that yes, it was mainly motherly/"stay focused".

Interesting. . . I just rewatched Season 1 this past week and never really felt that "vibe", but I'm sure it was there. I guess I was too shallow-minded. laugh.gif This stinks, now I feel like I have to go back and start from the beginning again. . .

I can definitely see each of those theories as true. (LOL #4 laugh.gif )

Thank you for taking the time to go in-depth on this! biggrin.gif As I continue through Season 2 I will be sure to keep an eye out for Sam-Alex tensions now.

Update: I've noticed it, now. tongue.gif

However, I also noticed especially in "Nature Nightmare" and "Alex Quits" that she's quite a bit more friendly... probably some of the previous episodes as well, but I've been watching 3-4 every night and they're starting to run together.

I thought I read somewhere on here how someone was talking about Alex being "the glue" that holds Sam and Clover together (or maybe that was Wikia?)... which makes it sound like Sam and Alex are more friends than Sam and Clover?

SpykyTurtle318

+Quote Post
TB74
post Apr 7 2015, 01:00 AM
Post #74

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (SpykyTurtle318 @ Apr 5 2015, 05:04 PM) *
However, I also noticed especially in "Nature Nightmare" and "Alex Quits" that she's quite a bit more friendly... probably some of the previous episodes as well, but I've been watching 3-4 every night and they're starting to run together.

I agree. Although Sam does scorn Alex more often early in Season 1, it changes quite a lot as the series progress, as if Sam did all this because she cared about Alex and wanted her to improve. They obviously grow closer as the series goes on, which could support many of the theories mentioned above. laugh.gif

I can't actually remember Sam scorning Alex in Season 3 and afterwards, and such events were quite rare in Season 2, too, so it's pretty much limited to early Season 1. Anyway, Alex being so kindhearted, I don't think Sam could really be at odds with her for long if she ever was in the first place... Who could resist her cute puppy eyes forever? wink.gif

But then, I still believe there was some "clumsiness" in their relationship in early episodes.

Speaking of Britney (Alex Quits), in Season 5, when she returns (episodes 11-13), Alex is again anxious her best friends will dump her for the Spy in the blue suit.

In Episode 12 (WOOHPersize Me!), the four Spies enter the villains' compound in Peru, and Britney suggests they split up in two teams to search the place for clues, before asking "Who's with me?"

Of course, Clover and Sam both answer "Me! Me! Me!" with a lot of enthusiasm (they didn't get to see Britney for a long time, so it's understandable), which makes Alex a bit depressed. She says something like "I'll team up with myself" and turns away from the three. Sam immediately notices and tells Clover and Britney something like "on second thought, I think I'll team up with Alex".

I think it shows Sam cares much about Alex, and how different their relationship is compared to Season 1. Sam obviously would've liked to spend time with Britney since she hadn't seen her in a long time, but she didn't hesitate to go cheer Alex instead and let Clover team up with Britney. I think it was very sweet of her to do this. blush.gif

+Quote Post
SpykyTurtle318
post Apr 7 2015, 04:40 AM
Post #75

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (TB74 @ Apr 6 2015, 08:00 PM) *
I agree. Although Sam does scorn Alex more often early in Season 1, it changes quite a lot as the series progress, as if Sam did all this because she cared about Alex and wanted her to improve. They obviously grow closer as the series goes on, which could support many of the theories mentioned above. laugh.gif

Haha, I wonder which theories? whistle.gif

I can't actually remember Sam scorning Alex in Season 3 and afterwards, and such events were quite rare in Season 2, too, so it's pretty much limited to early Season 1. Anyway, Alex being so kindhearted, I don't think Sam could really be at odds with her for long if she ever was in the first place... Who could resist her cute puppy eyes forever? wink.gif

Perhaps it was in the contract of Alex's new voice actor in S3. laugh.gif

Speaking of Britney (Alex Quits), in Season 5, when she returns (episodes 11-13), Alex is again anxious her best friends will dump her for the Spy in the blue suit.

In Episode 12 (WOOHPersize Me!), the four Spies enter the villains' compound in Peru, and Britney suggests they split up in two teams to search the place for clues, before asking "Who's with me?"

Of course, Clover and Sam both answer "Me! Me! Me!" with a lot of enthusiasm (they didn't get to see Britney for a long time, so it's understandable), which makes Alex a bit depressed. She says something like "I'll team up with myself" and turns away from the three. Sam immediately notices and tells Clover and Britney something like "on second thought, I think I'll team up with Alex".

I think it shows Sam cares much about Alex, and how different their relationship is compared to Season 1. Sam obviously would've liked to spend time with Britney since she hadn't seen her in a long time, but she didn't hesitate to go cheer Alex instead and let Clover team up with Britney. I think it was very sweet of her to do this. blush.gif

Ahhh! I'm not there yet! I should not have registered here until after I watched every episode. tongue.gif But it's okay... I like this place and am learning a lot. Such as this! biggrin.gif

Gotta love Sam! And Clover! And Alex, and Britney. . . this show is too awesome. <3

SpykyTurtle318

+Quote Post
TB74
post Apr 8 2015, 01:49 AM
Post #76

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (SpykyTurtle318 @ Apr 7 2015, 12:40 AM) *
[b]Ahhh! I'm not there yet! I should not have registered here until after I watched every episode. tongue.gif But it's okay... I like this place and am learning a lot. Such as this! biggrin.gif

SOOOO SORRY! laugh.gif

I completely (yet accidentally) ignored the fact you were still enjoying Totally Spies' early episodes, and exposed a spoiler from Season 5... I'm such a tard3.gif sometimes.

Well, it's not such a huge spoiler, and by the time you reach that episode, you might have forgotten about it already. Even if you don't, I'm sure you'll still enjoy that scene. smile.gif

+Quote Post
SpykyTurtle318
post Apr 8 2015, 04:51 AM
Post #77

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (TB74 @ Apr 7 2015, 08:49 PM) *
QUOTE (SpykyTurtle318 @ Apr 7 2015, 12:40 AM) *
Ahhh! I'm not there yet! I should not have registered here until after I watched every episode. tongue.gif But it's okay... I like this place and am learning a lot. Such as this! biggrin.gif

SOOOO SORRY! laugh.gif

I completely (yet accidentally) ignored the fact you were still enjoying Totally Spies' early episodes, and exposed a spoiler from Season 5... I'm such a tard3.gif sometimes.

Well, it's not such a huge spoiler, and by the time you reach that episode, you might have forgotten about it already. Even if you don't, I'm sure you'll still enjoy that scene. smile.gif

[b]Lol it's fine. It's my fault for coming here anyways, but luckily there aren't that many spoilers to give. . . hopefully. ohmy.gif

I'll enjoy every bit of the series. <3 Thanks. smile.gif

SpykyTurtle318

+Quote Post
SpykyTurtle318
post Apr 13 2015, 04:36 AM
Post #78

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Can I say one from Sam? happy.gif

"Where am I? What's going on? And more importantly, why am I hogtied on this dirty nasty floor?!"

-- Dental? More Like Mental

SpykyTurtle318

+Quote Post
amysorel12
post Jul 18 2018, 01:22 PM
Post #79

Wannabe

Member No.: 1,027
Favorite Character:

Two dudes on the side walk

Dude 1 : Dude, check out those cute chicks in the front seat.

Alex : Hey! What am I? Yesterday's meatloaf?!

-Evil ice cream man

+Quote Post
hdc
post Jul 19 2018, 01:47 AM
Post #80

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,016
Favorite Character:

The way she says "Ew! I think somebody spilled soda back here!" in "Starstruck" always cracks me up.

Also, "I know the Easter Bunny is tucked away safe in his little toadstool house in the fjords of British Columbia" ("I Want My Mummy") is pretty damn cute.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2019 - 04:20 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.