Member No.: 1,038
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Clover
Favorite Anime: K-ON!!
Favorite Movie: Studio Ghibli films, SPIDERVERSE
Favorite Book: Norwegian Wood
Favorite Game: Animal Crossing New Leaf

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Feb 9 2019, 06:30 PM) *
Hi all, I recently rediscovered my love for TS and I’ve been really enjoying drawing the spies in my own style. I’ve got some images in progress so will upload them as I go along. Comments and prompts are welcome, I hope you enjoy my drawings smile.gif

Currently on holiday right now hence why there hasn’t been much drawings lately. Hopefully in 1.5 weeks I can get back on track and finish the ones I have in progress. In the meantime here’s a crappy Sam doodle
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Feb 26 2019, 06:18 PM
Post #42

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Feb 26 2019, 10:02 AM) *
Hi all, I recently rediscovered my love for TS and I’ve been really enjoying drawing the spies in my own style. I’ve got some images in progress so will upload them as I go along. Comments and prompts are welcome, I hope you enjoy my drawings smile.gif

Currently on holiday right now hence why there hasn’t been much drawings lately. Hopefully in 1.5 weeks I can get back on track and finish the ones I have in progress. In the meantime here’s a crappy Sam doodle

It's not crappy, it's adorable. wub.gif

+Quote Post
hdc
post Feb 27 2019, 02:40 AM
Post #43

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,016
Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Ryofu @ Feb 26 2019, 11:18 AM) *

I agree, nothing crappy about it : )
Hope you're having a good holiday!

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Feb 27 2019, 04:20 AM
Post #44

Spy Chic IV
Group Icon

Member No.: 901
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Alex & Martin Mystery
Favorite Anime: Persona 4
Favorite Manga: Nausicaa
Favorite Comic: Generation X (early issues)
Favorite Movie: Persona 3 movies (1-4)
Favorite Book: Animator's Survival Kit
Favorite Musician(s): Michiru Yamane (Skullgirls)
Favorite Album: Castle Crashers OST
Favorite Game: Jewelion (did the art/animation)

Yes, not crappy at all. Never refer to your work that way, I say. tongue.gif
It's rough & loose, which is a good start. If anything, I'd say she looks younger than her regular age, which is fine if you're going for that!

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

My video game art/animation: http://www.tangerinepop.com/
However tough life gets, don't give up!

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Mar 10 2019, 08:34 PM
Post #45

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (hdc @ Feb 27 2019, 03:40 AM) *
QUOTE (Ryofu @ Feb 26 2019, 11:18 AM) *

I agree, nothing crappy about it : )
Hope you're having a good holiday!

Thank you everyone for the positive comments! I really appreciate it smile.gif Already resuming some drawings so will post soon biggrin.gif Hope everyone has been well!

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Mar 10 2019, 08:36 PM
Post #46

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (jettmanas @ Feb 27 2019, 05:20 AM) *
Yes, not crappy at all. Never refer to your work that way, I say. tongue.gif
It's rough & loose, which is a good start. If anything, I'd say she looks younger than her regular age, which is fine if you're going for that!

Thank you jettmanas! I definitely prefer drawing digitally over pencil & paper, the undo button is an absolute miracle of a button haha Sam does look younger for sure in this drawing!

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Mar 10 2019, 09:28 PM
Post #47

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Feels good to draw again! Here I tried to draw Clover in a trendy outfit I saw on someone’s instragram but it makes her look mum/mom-ish 😅 So maybe this is my version of Clover in the episode where she tries to dress and act more mature haha (“Child’s Play” S1 Ep2???) I love giving her a confident expression, slightly sly smile and cool eyes.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Mar 10 2019, 10:45 PM
Post #48

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Mar 10 2019, 04:28 PM) *

Feels good to draw again! Here I tried to draw Clover in a trendy outfit I saw on someone’s instragram but it makes her look mum/mom-ish 😅 So maybe this is my version of Clover in the episode where she tries to dress and act more mature haha (“Child’s Play” S1 Ep2???) I love giving her a confident expression, slightly sly smile and cool eyes.

She looks super cute despite the OOC outfit. a09.gif Nice work. I really wish I could make art like you do. You're so talented.

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Mar 11 2019, 03:32 AM
Post #49

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Ryofu @ Mar 10 2019, 11:45 PM) *
QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Mar 10 2019, 04:28 PM) *

She looks super cute despite the OOC outfit. a09.gif Nice work. I really wish I could make art like you do. You're so talented.

Hey Ryofu! Aww thanks so much biggrin.gif I’m really happy to hear that! It’s never too late to practice your drawings skills, I’ve always loved doodling since I was a kid. I tend to always draw the same thing though (head and shoulder portrait) 😅

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Mar 11 2019, 05:25 AM
Post #50

Spy Chic IV
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

You're welcome. Nice job on the new Clover. A unique look!

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
stephdumas
post Mar 11 2019, 02:12 PM
Post #51

Spy Chic V
Group Icon

Member No.: 10
Favorite Character:

QUOTE ( :hubba:Nextstopplease @ Mar 10 2019, 04:28 PM) *

Very kawaii a09.gif

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Mar 12 2019, 01:51 PM
Post #52

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Another casual wear outfit drawing, this time with Sam! I can imagine Sam owning lots of oversize comfy sweaters, something soft to lounge in whilst she’s reading books or studying. Even though I gave her minty green colours for her clothes, I figure warm autumn colours would suit her very well too!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Mar 12 2019, 07:52 PM
Post #53

Spy Chic IV
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Mar 12 2019, 05:51 AM) *

Another casual wear outfit drawing, this time with Sam! I can imagine Sam owning lots of oversize comfy sweaters, something soft to lounge in whilst she’s reading books or studying. Even though I gave her minty green colours for her clothes, I figure warm autumn colours would suit her very well too!

Great work once again. Sam-icon.png

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
hdc
post Mar 14 2019, 04:37 AM
Post #54

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,016
Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Mar 10 2019, 02:28 PM) *

I'm late in commenting. This is beautiful as always. It's true her outfit and jewelry are a bit more modest and make her look more mature, but I think her face reflects it even more. Her eyes seem smaller relative to her face, so she looks more realistic and less cartoonish. Also, it's hard to define, but there's just something in her expression that says she's seen more of the world. Finally her hair is a bit longer and more relaxed so that gives her a more mature look (kind of a MILF-y look, TBH ; ) I like that her eyes and eyebrows still get to clip through her hair though.

As it happens Child's Play is one of my favorite episodes, or would be if they'd explored the B plot more. I thought it was super touching that Clover wanted to be taken more seriously. Despite her self-confidence, that comes up a few times, where she wants some kind of external validation like being a model or actress. I thought it was really sweet of Jerry to compliment her on her new look while her friends were just poking fun at her (if only he'd managed to stop there).

At some level she probably knows, maybe from her spy work, that being gorgeous and flirty isn't necessarily enough to get by in the real world. Or maybe she decides she wants to be appreciated for more than her looks. If the show had more character development (like multi-episode arcs) I could see her making a conscious effort to apply herself more, become more sophisticated, etc. I have a half-finished outline of a semi-platonic Clover/Jerry story that grows out of that. Of course, Sam could certainly help her with that too. Sam could always ask Clover for flirting lessons in return (though I find it amusing that Sam thinks of herself as bad at flirting. In my book, she can flirt just by showing up and being herself.)

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Mar 14 2019, 09:35 PM
Post #55

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Mar 12 2019, 08:51 AM) *

Lovely artwork. ^ ^ I like the watercolor like reds, greens and blues. Very nice.

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Mar 14 2019, 11:18 PM
Post #56

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (hdc @ Mar 14 2019, 05:37 AM) *
QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Mar 10 2019, 02:28 PM) *

I'm late in commenting. This is beautiful as always. It's true her outfit and jewelry are a bit more modest and make her look more mature, but I think her face reflects it even more. Her eyes seem smaller relative to her face, so she looks more realistic and less cartoonish. Also, it's hard to define, but there's just something in her expression that says she's seen more of the world. Finally her hair is a bit longer and more relaxed so that gives her a more mature look (kind of a MILF-y look, TBH ; ) I like that her eyes and eyebrows still get to clip through her hair though.

At some level she probably knows, maybe from her spy work, that being gorgeous and flirty isn't necessarily enough to get by in the real world. Or maybe she decides she wants to be appreciated for more than her looks. If the show had more character development (like multi-episode arcs) I could see her making a conscious effort to apply herself more, become more sophisticated, etc. I have a half-finished outline of a semi-platonic Clover/Jerry story that grows out of that. Of course, Sam could certainly help her with that too. Sam could always ask Clover for flirting lessons in return (though I find it amusing that Sam thinks of herself as bad at flirting. In my book, she can flirt just by showing up and being herself.)

Wow! Thank you for your in-depth comment, hdc! Really interesting to see what you think and why smile.gif Clover totally does give off a MILF vibe in this drawing haha, I feel like she's someone who can be both childish and mature depending on her mood! I wish she, Alex & Sam had more character development in the shows too, would be really nice to see them grow throughout high school to university years. Somewhere on this site someone mentioned how awesome it would be to see the spies now in their 20s in a more mature show like how Samurai Jack got a more mature season on Adult Swim. Now that is something I'd love to see!

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Mar 16 2019, 03:30 AM
Post #57

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

This drawing was made possible by you guys! Clover x Sam! (I'm neglecting poor Alex whistle.gif ) I've really enjoyed talking to everyone about my love for Sam x Clover and their personalities, thank you guys for hearing me out biggrin.gif I'm loving everyone's input and discussions about this, it's given me some inspiration for some yuri-themed drawings. Today's image is very tame but, who knows, a more mature drawing could come into the scene at some point wink.gif

I really like the thought of Clover messing with Sam and getting her all flustered and bothered, especially when she's is caught off guard! Sam I imagine will either: 1) Go all tsundere and get mad at Clover OR 2) Gets all hot & bothered and demands Clover to relieve her sudden sexual desire OR 3) Both scenarios happen biggrin.gif

Just realised I made it look like Sam is slightly taller than Clover. I like to think Clover is actually the tallest (in an episode they mentioned that she's taller than Alex) but maybe Sam's hair makes her look a bit taller?
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Mar 16 2019, 05:38 AM
Post #58

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

This drawing was made possible by you guys! Clover x Sam! (I'm neglecting poor Alex whistle.gif ) I've really enjoyed talking to everyone about my love for Sam x Clover and their personalities, thank you guys for hearing me out biggrin.gif I'm loving everyone's input and discussions about this

Thank you for singing up! Your artwork is really wonderful, and I really enjoy reading your comments and insights into the characters. It's great to have you here. ^ ^

t's given me some inspiration for some yuri-themed drawings. Today's image is very tame

It's adorable. xd Surprise kisses are great, especailly surprise yuri ones. Sam must have not seen it coming. xd Her blushing and shocked reaction is adorable and heart warming. Clover being mischievous is fun. z03.png

Today's image is very tame but, who knows, a more mature drawing could come into the scene at some point wink.gif

That would be fun to see. a09.gif But all your fanart has been great so far, I just want to see more of it in general. ^ ^

I really like the thought of Clover messing with Sam and getting her all flustered and bothered, especially when she's is caught off guard! Sam I imagine will either: 1) Go all tsundere and get mad at Clover OR 2) Gets all hot & bothered and demands Clover to relieve her sudden sexual desire OR 3) Both scenarios happen biggrin.gif

I'd definitely vote for 3. Good lead up, big tension between them and then a nice payoff (for the both of them). I'm sure Clover would be more than happy to do anything sexual that Sam demanded of her at any hour of the day. z03.png She's that kind of friend. XD

Just realised I made it look like Sam is slightly taller than Clover. I like to think Clover is actually the tallest (in an episode they mentioned that she's taller than Alex) but maybe Sam's hair makes her look a bit taller?

I think they're drawn the same height usually, but there's always a few inconsistencies with the scripts over time. Like Clover talks about liking sushi with fish but then becomes a vegetarian later on. But I guess maybe she could be a "pesco-vegetarian."

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Mar 18 2019, 12:59 PM
Post #59

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Ryofu @ Mar 16 2019, 06:38 AM) *
Thank you for singing up! Your artwork is really wonderful, and I really enjoy reading your comments and insights into the characters. It's great to have you here. ^ ^

It's adorable. xd Surprise kisses are great, especailly surprise yuri ones. Sam must have not seen it coming. xd Her blushing and shocked reaction is adorable and heart warming. Clover being mischievous is fun. z03.png

That would be fun to see. a09.gif But all your fanart has been great so far, I just want to see more of it in general. ^ ^

I'd definitely vote for 3. Good lead up, big tension between them and then a nice payoff (for the both of them). I'm sure Clover would be more than happy to do anything sexual that Sam demanded of her at any hour of the day. z03.png She's that kind of friend. XD

I think they're drawn the same height usually, but there's always a few inconsistencies with the scripts over time. Like Clover talks about liking sushi with fish but then becomes a vegetarian later on. But I guess maybe she could be a "pesco-vegetarian."

Wow, thanks so much Ryofu! Really great to be on this site, I'm lucky there are awesome TS fans on here still willing to discuss the show with me! biggrin.gif

Clover is definitely a sneaky little minx evil.gif I can imagine her as a practical joker maybe when she was a kid or something clovergif.gif Sam is going to have a tough time keeping cool whilst having Clover around! Where's Alex when you need her?

I've made this drawing into a GIF as I think it works better than a bad quality image laugh.gif I've also uploaded most of my drawings into a gallery for easier viewing - http://tsug.net/index.php?autocom=gallery&...um&album=45

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Mar 18 2019, 10:31 PM
Post #60

Spy Chic IV
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Mar 18 2019, 05:59 AM) *
QUOTE (Ryofu @ Mar 16 2019, 06:38 AM) *

Wow, thanks so much Ryofu! Really great to be on this site, I'm lucky there are awesome TS fans on here still willing to discuss the show with me! biggrin.gif

Clover is definitely a sneaky little minx evil.gif I can imagine her as a practical joker maybe when she was a kid or something clovergif.gif Sam is going to have a tough time keeping cool whilst having Clover around! Where's Alex when you need her?

I've made this drawing into a GIF as I think it works better than a bad quality image laugh.gif I've also uploaded most of my drawings into a gallery for easier viewing - http://tsug.net/index.php?autocom=gallery&...um&album=45

Cool, I'll go to your gallery later & give some support there.
Missed the 3-part drawing a few days back, and now a gif!

Well done. Love the art, and the light feel to the kiss is unique & feels right for them.
I'd imagine it could happen, considering they're as close as sisters, yet not biologically so.

They've been through so much over the six seasons & movie- saving each others' lives, and are very inclined for affection, especially Clover.
Sam's initial reaction is perfect.
Good point on being in their 20s & on Adult Swim- there's less of an audience there, but it's better than nothing!
Plus aging up is tradition for TS, and life often gets more adult in those 20s. whistle.gif
Lupin III is something I like that falls into that subject matter.

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2019 - 11:05 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.