Post #21

It's Britney bitch!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7
Favorite Character:
Favorite Musician(s): Britney Spears
Favorite Album: Femme Fatale

For me, Alex seems like the best option.

Also: LOL @ there being an option for her to be paired with her mom. XD
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Feb 12 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #22

TSUG's Mysterious Bishounen Hot Teacher
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 11
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Any kind of yuri pair...
Favorite Anime: My current list forms a divergent series...
Favorite Manga: I'm just too lazy to list them all...
Favorite Movie: The Lord of the Rings
Favorite Book: Sein und Zeit, Metaphysik, Summa Theologiae
Favorite Musician(s): Kishida Kyoudan, Saiori Hayami, Momoiro Clover Z
Favorite Album: Endo Yurika's FINAL LIVE - Emotional Daybreak
Favorite Game: Azur Lane, Kancolle, and Girls Frontline

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ Feb 11 2011, 09:43 AM) *
QUOTE (Kira Yamato @ Feb 10 2011, 03:17 PM) *
QUOTE (TerminalGT @ Feb 10 2011, 10:06 PM) *
I don't know, I'm not too fond of Tara but that is probably just me.

Actually I am not that great fan of Tara as well. ^^; But I think she would be a damn hot pair for Clover... Tara seems to be very jealous and I can even see an Ax Crazy tendency towards those wanting to get along with her beloved one. XD

I could definitely see Clover and Tara in a sub/dom type relationship. Pretty sure Tara would do anything for her and enjoys being treated like a servant. And I agree about her possessive to the point of trying to knock off other characters. Alex and Sam should probably watch their backs. XD

I do not really think Alex would be that interested in interfere, since I bet she would have to deal with the Canon Sue and Base Breaker Britney as well as with the Ax Crazy and perhaps Kuudere Donna Ramone. In fact, even though we have a strong Red Oni blue Oni situation concerning Alex and Britney (Alex is surely the Red Oni to Britney) I think we could see a very dangerous Yangire Love Triangle if we add Ramone to the group. This could be a very nice subject for a new thread... XD

On the other hand, Sam is surely in another level. She has LOTS of Les Yay with Clover. I bet she would be no less dangerous than Tara. Love Makes You Evil after all...

~~§§ Azur Lane §§~~

Latest Artbook & Doujin Reviews:

Fantasia Bunko Utopia
Hot Winter

+Quote Post
MetroNorthMallRa...
post Feb 13 2011, 05:08 AM
Post #23

It's Britney bitch!
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

I don't really care for Tara that much either. I have a tough time investing in the idea of her and Clover as a couple since she was a one-episode character and wasn't developed much. But that's just how I see it, anyway.

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Feb 13 2011, 05:27 AM
Post #24

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

QUOTE (MetroNorthMallRat @ Feb 13 2011, 12:08 AM) *
I don't really care for Tara that much either. I have a tough time investing in the idea of her and Clover as a couple since she was a one-episode character and wasn't developed much. But that's just how I see it, anyway.

I think the reason was the lesbian subtext was off the chart ala the Donna Ramone episode. She called her the most beautiful girl in school all shy like before Clover hugged her tight. XD Notice the rainbow in the background. It's a dead give away:

Attached Image

Awwwwww:

Attached Image

Then she was basically her slave for the rest of the episode untill she went femslashy insane trying to become Clover ala Single White Female. For those reasons, she's kind of a femslash staple imo.

It's true that she didn't get a ton of character development, but I think all you would need to expound upon is her obssession with Clover and obvious insanity to create massive entertainment. XD

+Quote Post
MetroNorthMallRa...
post Feb 13 2011, 05:30 AM
Post #25

It's Britney bitch!
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

^ This is true. And I understand that's the reasoning behind the choice to pair them together.

I just personally would've liked at least another appearance or two to help develop her better.

ie: Britney & Alex had chemistry going, but she also appeared multiple times as well.

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Feb 13 2011, 05:38 AM
Post #26

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (MetroNorthMallRat @ Feb 13 2011, 12:30 AM) *
^ This is true. And I understand that's the reasoning behind the choice to pair them together.

I just personally would've liked at least another appearance or two to help develop her better.

ie: Britney & Alex had chemistry going, but she also appeared multiple times as well.

Oh yeah, Britney/Alex definitely have more episodes, which makes them a bit more powerful as a couple. Still like Alex/Donna though even if Donna only has one episode. I kind of had this idea for a Totally Spies spin-off. The group would be Britney, Tara, and Donna. think that would be pretty awesome. XD

But yeah there's a lot of characters that really needed more episodes. B.O.B. was also interesting, but he only got one ep. There was also Keiko, Pam, Alice, Crimson, and a ton of other characters who definitely needed more episodes.

+Quote Post
MetroNorthMallRa...
post Feb 13 2011, 06:23 AM
Post #27

It's Britney bitch!
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ Feb 12 2011, 11:38 PM) *
Oh yeah, Britney/Alex definitely have more episodes, which makes them a bit more powerful as a couple. Still like Alex/Donna though even if Donna only has one episode. I kind of had this idea for a Totally Spies spin-off. The group would be Britney, Tara, and Donna. think that would be pretty awesome. XD

I like this idea, except:

Britney --- Alex
Tara --- Clover
Donna --- Alex

One of the girls that matches up w/ Alex should be switched out for someone to go w/ Sam (which would prob. be Mandy, I suppose... since thats so popular [and there's not a popular one-off character that goes with her that I can think of either]). xD

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Feb 13 2011, 09:37 AM
Post #28

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ Feb 12 2011, 09:38 PM) *

But yeah there's a lot of characters that really needed more episodes. B.O.B. was also interesting, but he only got one ep. There was also Keiko, Pam, Alice, Crimson, and a ton of other characters who definitely needed more episodes.

Characters that needed more episodes?! Stacy and Muffy for sure! It would have been awesome if they busted out of WOOHP prison together or something and were some wacky duo, even if only for one episode.

QUOTE (MetroNorthMallRat @ Feb 12 2011, 10:23 PM) *
I like this idea, except:

Britney --- Alex
Tara --- Clover
Donna --- Alex

One of the girls that matches up w/ Alex should be switched out for someone to go w/ Sam (which would prob. be Mandy, I suppose... since thats so popular [and there's not a popular one-off character that goes with her that I can think of either]). xD

A one-episode character to go with Sam? How about Stacy? stacy.png

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Feb 14 2011, 12:12 AM
Post #29

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Characters that needed more episodes?! Stacy and Muffy for sure! It would have been awesome if they busted out of WOOHP prison together or something and were some wacky duo, even if only for one episode.

Yes. XD I definitely think they would've bonded in the WOOHP Prisoner Holding Facility. Most likely they probably started a new sorority with two members. Hazing may have been invloved. xD

A one-episode character to go with Sam? How about Stacy? stacy.png

I definitely got the sense that Stacy wanted to "experiment" with Sam. XDD That could be another good basis for another episode. Although, I think she's a little too evil to be in a group of "good spies."

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Feb 14 2011, 12:16 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

It is completely evident that Stacy has some issues with Sam (Abduction Is Love ?). On the other hand, Muffy seems to be more like a Harem Seeker. Indeed this may just be another reason to explain why Muffy wanted so much to brainwash lots of girls. Of course she could eventually jump into a relationship with one of her followers, but it is somewhat difficult to determine who. Perhaps the obvious approach would be the group Muffy x Clover x Mandy x Mindy.

Anyway, I am impressed that only darksmelo pointed out that Geraldine has an obsession with Clover. Could it be Love Makes You Crazy ? Actually I would rather call it a Love Triangle because I think Geraldine may eventually have hidden feelings for Jerry. But this could be even more complicated, because Jerry seems to like Sam. On the other hand, Sam has lots of Les Yay actions with Clover... hmm... a Love Dodecahedron ?

Fianlly I would like to digress about the triangle Clover x Sam x Alex. In relation to possible conflicts, I believe Clover would use the so-called Tenchi Solution to resolve the problem. She seems to have the same level of affection by both girls. Or could it be that Clover loves Sam more ? And Alex ? What would she do about it ?

~~§§ Azur Lane §§~~

Fantasia Bunko Utopia
Hot Winter

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Feb 14 2011, 12:53 AM
Post #31

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

It is completely evident that Stacy has some issues with Sam (Abduction Is Love ?).

I also get the sense that Stacy has the hots for Sam because she is smart. It explains why Alex and Clover were treated like total nobodies by her to great comic effect.

Fianlly I would like to digress about the triangle Clover x Sam x Alex. In relation to possible conflicts, I believe Clover would use the so-called Tenchi Solution to resolve the problem. She seems to have the same level of affection by both girls. Or could it be that Clover loves Sam more ? And Alex ? What would she do about it ?

I kind of doubt Clover would use a Tenchi solution. The difference between Clover and Tenchi is obvious. Tenchi is some oldfashioned manchild who greatly cherishes his chastity belt. Clover on the other hand seems to add to her list of past lovers like a baseball card collection driven by her ravenous sex-drive.

Of course, since she treats guys so un-seriously, except for the one obvious exception, maybe she would be more serious with girls. XD I think the more likely answer here is a mnage trois, without one person holding the status symbol of being at the center of a harem, which is kind of obvious due to the nature of their friendship and their constant three-way cuddle-cry fests. XD

Oh and there is a very femslashy episode about this exact question, Truth or Scare, where Mandy does some psychological yuri warfare and pits Clover against Sam for Alex's affections. All Mandy had to do was try to get Alex to answer the question of who she lovers more. Unfortunately for them, a stuffed turtle may have won out in the end.

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Feb 14 2011, 04:04 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (J-Syxx) *

I kind of doubt Clover would use a Tenchi solution. The difference between Clover and Tenchi is obvious. Tenchi is some oldfashioned manchild who greatly cherishes his chastity belt. Clover on the other hand seems to add to her list of past lovers like a baseball card collection driven by her ravenous sex-drive.

Of course, since she treats guys so un-seriously, except for the one obvious exception, maybe she would be more serious with girls. XD I think the more likely answer here is a mnage trois, without one person holding the status symbol of being at the center of a harem, which is kind of obvious due to the nature of their friendship and their constant three-way cuddle-cry fests. XD

Oh and there is a very femslashy episode about this exact question, Truth or Scare, where Mandy does some psychological yuri warfare and pits Clover against Sam for Alex's affections. All Mandy had to do was try to get Alex to answer the question of who she lovers more. Unfortunately for them, a stuffed turtle may have won out in the end.

I will concentrate myself in the mnage trois comment. It is not really hard to observe that there is a near relation between it and the Tenchi Solution. Indeed a Tenchi Solution may also mean a case in which the protagonist marries all members and they all live as one large family. In other words, Polyamory or Harem Ending...

Of course, the protagonist (in this case, Clover) could choose to be a Celibate Hero just like Tenchi. But judging Clover's behaviour this is pratically impossible...

For instance, let us forget the Tenchi Solution. If we take into account the events shown in Truth or Scare it is pretty evident we would invoke Triang Relations. The possibilities (I will use straight lines to represent the relationships):

A - Alex
C - Clover
S - Sam

1. C <- A -> S

Alex loves both Clover and Sam. No conclusive solution may be obtained.

2. C -> A <- S

Clover and Sam are both interested in Alex, but Alex is neutral toward.

3. C <-> A <-> S

The classic affair set up. Alex wants both Clover and Sam.

4. S <-> C <-> A <-> S <-> C

This one is tough ! Alex wants both Sam and Clover, but these two want to have a relationship between them as well. This is the solution you proposed, Syxx. The Mnage Trois solution, Tenchi Solution or Harem Ending.

5. S <-> C -> A <- S <-> C

Clover and Sam want to have a relationship between them, but they also want Alex.

Many scenarios arise from this analysis. For example, in (1) if Alex happens to be a Magnetic Girlfriend she can choose both Clover or Sam and the remaining one would be natually "attracted". Therefore we could obtain (1) -> (4) (Harem Ending).

Things can even get worse if we add "high order terms" to the "equation", that is if we allow Britney, Donna Ramone, and Mandy to participate. We would surely get lots of Love Polyhedrons. laugh.gif

~~§§ Azur Lane §§~~

Fantasia Bunko Utopia
Hot Winter

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Feb 14 2011, 05:50 PM
Post #33

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Ok, first, I accidently edited your post above, Kira, instead of pressing reply. Always hate when I do that. >_< I think I reconstructed your post completely though from a "work offline" copy pasta, but I'm not sure if that is the right smiley. XD Anyways, here is what I was going to reply with below.

A - Alex
C - Clover
S - Sam

1. C <- A -> S

2. C -> A <- S

3. C <-> A <-> S

4. S <-> C <-> A <-> S <-> C

This one is tough ! Alex wants both Sam and Clover, but these two want to have a relationship between them as well. This is the solution you proposed, Syxx. The Mnage Trois solution, Tenchi Solution or Harem Ending.

5. S <-> C -> A <- S <-> C

Clover and Sam want to have a relationship between them, but they also want Alex.

Very nice diagram. All wee need is chibi pics of them with heart symbols and stuff to go with it. xD

I will concentrate myself in the mnage trois comment. It is not really hard to observe that there is a near relation between it and the Tenchi Solution. Indeed a Tenchi Solution may also mean a case in which the protagonist marries all members and they all live as one large family. In other words, Polyamory or Harem Ending...

Of course, the protagonist (in this case, Clover) could choose to be a Celibate Hero just like Tenchi. But judging Clover's behaviour this is pratically impossible...

The issue I have with them needing a Tenchi solution is that a Tenchi harem is very patriarchal. Tenchi is always the center and the one with the power. While Alex is definitely often the focus of Clover and Sam's affections (especially in Alex Quits and Truth or Scare), I think they would probalby go for something a bit more egalitarian. They are all girls after all, and there is definitely feelings between Clover and Sam as well.

Clover and Sam do butt heads more often, which often makes Alex have to play the role of peace maker, but still I think their love is usually equal among all three. Harem anime although is almost always patriarchal, which is probably the reason I hate to watch them anymore. And let's face it, the patriarch of a harem is always extremely boring anyways. The show would be way more interesting if it was just a Ryoko/Ayeka yuri I think. I honestly don't see why they keep trying to get into the pants or some awkward dork who really doesn't want them that much.

Things can even get worse if we add "high order terms" to the "equation", that is if we allow Britney, Donna Ramone, and Mandy to participate. We would surely get lots of Love Polyhedrons.

And this is where it gets really interesting. XD

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Feb 14 2011, 08:59 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Don't worry. I hate when that happens as well. XD Anyway, about the diagram what about this:

1. clovergif.gif <- alexgif.gif -> sammys.gif

2. clovergif.gif -> alexgif.gif <- sammys.gifS

3. clovergif.gif <-> alexgif.gif <-> sammys.gif

4. sammys.gif <-> clovergif.gif <-> alexgif.gif <-> sammys.gif <-> clovergif.gif

5. sammys.gif <-> clovergif.gif -> alexgif.gif <- sammys.gif <-> clovergif.gif

It looks much more understandable now. XD

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ Feb 14 2011, 06:50 PM) *

The issue I have with them needing a Tenchi solution is that a Tenchi harem is very patriarchal. Tenchi is always the center and the one with the power. While Alex is definitely often the focus of Clover and Sam's affections (especially in Alex Quits and Truth or Scare), I think they would probalby go for something a bit more egalitarian. They are all girls after all, and there is definitely feelings between Clover and Sam as well.

Clover and Sam do butt heads more often, which often makes Alex have to play the role of peace maker, but still I think their love is usually equal among all three. Harem anime although is almost always patriarchal, which is probably the reason I hate to watch them anymore. And let's face it, the patriarch of a harem is always extremely boring anyways. The show would be way more interesting if it was just a Ryoko/Ayeka yuri I think. I honestly don't see why they keep trying to get into the pants or some awkward dork who really doesn't want them that much.

Things can even get worse if we add "high order terms" to the "equation", that is if we allow Britney, Donna Ramone, and Mandy to participate. We would surely get lots of Love Polyhedrons.

And this is where it gets really interesting. XD

I'm sorry, but I didn't get what you meant by a "patriarchal" harem. Do you mean a harem in which there is an "ace" or something like that ? If this is the case, then there is no real problem. The Tenchi Solution trope is far more general than the sort of harem related to the Trope Namer. Indeed this trope may even be applied in cases in which love has an "homogeneous distribution".

On the other hand, I think it would be more interesting if we have the following case:

a63.gif ::: sammys.gif <-> clovergif.gif <-> alexgif.gif <-> sammys.gif <-> clovergif.gif

::: means that Britney wants to join the party. Indeed I bet she could eventually exhibit somewhat like an Axe Crazy tendency towards Clover and Sam and we would see a Murder The Hypotenuse Cathetus action. XD

~~§§ Azur Lane §§~~

Fantasia Bunko Utopia
Hot Winter

+Quote Post
KodeBreaker
post Feb 15 2011, 01:34 AM
Post #35

We cry lethean tears
Group Icon

Group: Uber Mod
Member No.: 8
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Clover/Britney
Favorite Anime: Hellsing Ultimate
Favorite Manga: Dimension W
Favorite Book: Mr. Mercedes
Favorite Musician(s): KoRn
Favorite Album: The Serenity of Suffering

My head...it spins... wacko.gif

Can't we just be selfish for one more day...

+Quote Post
MetroNorthMallRa...
post Feb 15 2011, 04:00 AM
Post #36

It's Britney bitch!
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (TerminalGT @ Feb 14 2011, 07:34 PM) *

You can say that again. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Feb 15 2011, 12:20 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (TerminalGT @ Feb 15 2011, 02:34 AM) *

Confusing ? And we did not even start to discuss about Love Dodecahedrons... laugh.gif

~~§§ Azur Lane §§~~

Fantasia Bunko Utopia
Hot Winter

+Quote Post
NinjaNick101
post Feb 15 2011, 03:56 PM
Post #38

Ninja
Group Icon

Member No.: 198
Favorite Character:

So many possibilities...

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post Mar 10 2011, 08:54 AM
Post #39

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

I voted Britney cause why not? Clover always did seem a bit too eager to pair up with her.

+Quote Post
KodeBreaker
post Jul 1 2012, 02:46 AM
Post #40

We cry lethean tears
Group Icon

Group: Uber Mod
Member No.: 8
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Clover/Britney
Favorite Anime: Hellsing Ultimate
Favorite Manga: Dimension W
Favorite Book: Mr. Mercedes
Favorite Musician(s): KoRn
Favorite Album: The Serenity of Suffering

QUOTE (NinjaNick101 @ Feb 15 2011, 11:56 AM) *
So many possibilities...

This.

Bumping because Clover. clovergif.gif I can pair her with almost any girl...including outside of the TS universe... *mwahahaha...*

Can't we just be selfish for one more day...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2019 - 06:44 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.