Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

QUOTE (Soloik @ Mar 10 2015, 08:22 AM) *
QUOTE (Ryofu @ Mar 10 2015, 02:01 PM) *
QUOTE (Soloik @ Mar 10 2015, 06:54 AM) *
I love "Disco Spies".
In this episode, the spies are so badass .... The colors, action and animation are great. I think this is the most awesome episode of all.

I also like "A spy is born" for his interesting and original plot.

Is Disco Spies the name of the Season 3 episode with Boogie Gus and time travel? It's called Forward to the Past in North America. xd

BTW, welcome to the forum!

Oh that's a mistake. I changed that. rolleyes.gif

Okay. XD I thought maybe I heard it called Disco Spies before somewhere else. I know the French episode titles are different.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Soloik
post Mar 10 2015, 01:38 PM
Post #42

Wannabe

Group: Members
Member No.: 882
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: Totally Spies
Favorite Manga: Death Note
Favorite Comic: Batman
Favorite Movie: Lord of War
Favorite Game: Medievil

QUOTE (Syxx @ Mar 10 2015, 02:28 PM) *
QUOTE (Soloik @ Mar 10 2015, 08:22 AM) *
QUOTE (Syxx @ Mar 10 2015, 02:01 PM) *
QUOTE (Soloik @ Mar 10 2015, 06:54 AM) *
I love "Disco Spies".
In this episode, the spies are so badass .... The colors, action and animation are great. I think this is the most awesome episode of all.

I also like "A spy is born" for his interesting and original plot.

Is Disco Spies the name of the Season 3 episode with Boogie Gus and time travel? It's called Forward to the Past in North America. xd

BTW, welcome to the forum!

Oh that's a mistake. I changed that. rolleyes.gif

Okay. XD I thought maybe I heard it called Disco Spies before somewhere else. I know the French episode titles are different.

Yes, absolutely. I do not know if the US have access to the original version with English subtitles.

+Quote Post
SpykyTurtle318
post Apr 17 2015, 04:58 AM
Post #43

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 883
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: Totally Spies!
Favorite Game: Monopoly

Just watched "I Hate the Eighties" today. Little Clover and Little Alex with Younger Sam are all so adorable. :3

SpykyTurtle318

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Mar 13 2019, 04:51 PM
Post #44

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,038
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Clover
Favorite Anime: K-ON!!
Favorite Movie: Studio Ghibli films, SPIDERVERSE
Favorite Book: Norwegian Wood
Favorite Game: Animal Crossing New Leaf

It’s hard to pick a favourite but I can definitely say I am a huge fan of the earlier episodes. Especially since these were the ones I watched more of when I was younger. S1 & S2 have this charm that I feel the later seasons seem to lack. Anyways I could write an essay about every episode 😅 so I’ve just chosen two that are most memorable to me:

Abductions - The Les Miserables play episode where Clover & Sam fight. Poor Alex! Aside from my clear love for Clover & Sam action I like this episode because of the way it’s drawn. I feel like the animators who drew this episode gave them more of a sharper and mature look (will have to find the other episodes drawn by the same animators). I just love the way their body shape (just look at the screenshots! wink.gif ) and faces are drawn. This ep is also full of great smug expressions from Sam too! I’ll always remember the scene of Clover dramatically crying with Sam and Alex behind her wearing snorkels for extra ridiculousness 😂 I also love at the end when Alex is jumping on the son’s giant head thinking she’s the one making it deflate. Sam and Clover just let her believe it’s true which is cute of them, kinda like parents letting their kids believe in something not real xD
“Hey! What do you know? It’s working!” - Alex
“Nice job, Alex. You’ve saved the world.” - Sam

Do You Believe In Magic? - Clover and Sam in the black catsuits wink.gif Need I say anymore? I’ll always remember the way Clover lands in her chair when they get whooped in this episode. Classic Clover, she always seems to get the short straw whenever they fall somewhere 😅 Then there’s the part when she accidentally spends $700,000 at the auction, oops! The chase scene is pretty epic too; I LOVE Alex’s bit where she jumps over an obstructing wagon whilst her scooter slides underneath, then she has to run after it to catch up! The booby trap moment when Sam & Clover are forced to leave Kandinsky’s castle, especially when Sam saves Clover from falling further by using her legs to catch her. How I wish that were me between those legs wink.gif Gotta love the back and forth when they finally meet the villian xD The fight scene with him at the end is pretty epic too!
"Who's this guy?" - Clover
"Duhh, it's the thief." - Alex
"The thief? No, Gregor's the thief!" - Sam
"Who's Gregor?" - Alex

Maybe in a seperate post I'll expand on why I love season 1 & 2 so much, I have so much to share!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
hdc
post Mar 16 2019, 09:56 PM
Post #45

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,016
Favorite Character:

You absolutely should write the essay on every episode : ) and your thoughts on seasons 1 and 2.

I feel the same way. I've only seen season 1, a few episodes from season 2, and scattered episodes from other seasons. From what I've seen of season 2, it seems like that's when the show hit its stride in terms of writing. What bugs me about season 3 onward is the voice acting, which I've griped about elsewhere so I won't repeat myself.

I noticed that about Abductions too - it's episode number 8 and it seemed like the art quality took a sudden jump. Offhand, though, I can't think of other episodes that are drawn the same way - the style seems distinct from the other two I can easily recognize (Ski Trip and The Fugitives). I watched the credits of a few episodes last night to see if I could get any hints about who did which episodes, but no luck. (Which shouldn't discourage anyone else from trying - they could certainly see something I missed.)

Some of my favorites are:

The New Jerry - I'm a sucker for romances with age differences. I thought it was pretty cool that the show could depict a teenage girl with a crush on a 30something guy (I doubt you'd see that these days). I wouldn't want to replace Jerry but I thought it was a shame Mac turned out to be a bad guy (sometimes it seems like 90% of TS fanfic is Sam/Scam, but I'm not much into foe yay).

The Fugitives - I love the sequence where they have to fight their way out of WOOHP with the Mission Impossible music playing in the background. (Somehow it sounds even better en français.) Jerry gets to have a nice badass moment when he grabs their escaping helicopter.

The Eraser - I think Mandy makes a much better semi-protagonist or antihero than antagonist. That said, I also like it when she gets upgraded to supervillain status (complete with martial arts skills) in Futureshock.

Evil Coffee Shop - Again, it's cool to see Mandy figure out that the girls are "up to something" and then crash WOOHP (even by accident). I wish they'd made her equally competent once she becomes a spy. Also, she looks great in a purple catsuit. Also, right before the girls are WOOHPed, Clover is wearing a long-sleeved baby blue sweater (with a boob window), a short denim skirt, and hooker heels. It's like a perfect cocktail of demure and dirty : D

Ski Trip - It's great to see the girls' secret life intersect with their day to day life this way. Also, the three of them and Mandy/Caitlin/Dominique are sharing two luxury suites at a romantic ski resort, so it could lead to all kinds of lovey fun.

Matchmaker - It's cool to see Clover go solo. Also there's the super adorable scene where she cries after Sam and Alex leave her to go meet their dates. Needless to say I'd be happy to try to cheer her up heart1.gif and for once I'm not being lewd. In general, I tend to like any episode that breaks the standard formula of "Begin B plot -> girls are WOOHPed -> Begin A plot -> End A plot -> End B plot".

Model Citizens - Obviously I'm a sucker for any Clover-focused episode like this, Child's Play, or Starstruck. This could also have been an incredibly dark and ironic story when you think about it (i.e. if the villains didn't have a magic machine for switching out body parts, but were instead just stealing them).

Black Widows - The girls in cheerleader outfits, enough said. Also, it's nice to see some Sam/Mandy rivalry for a change. I think they might have made better enemies since (1) it's the same voice actress and (2) their personalities seem more complementary to me, whereas Clover and Mandy are alike in a lot of ways.

Stuck in the Middle Ages - When you think about it, this has an incredibly sad ending. Imagine being the king who has the start of a romance going with Clover, then she suddenly disappears into the future and you live out your life without ever seeing her again. Grim.

Totally Switched - I love that Jerry shows up to help Clover and again gets to be a badass. And, of course, that their personalities get switched. And finally the way Clover turns her charm on Jerry at the end of the episode because she wants to do it again.

A fun alternate take on this episode would be to switch Clover with Mandy. Maybe Mandy is dating a guy Clover wants, so Clover decides not to reveal what's happened. She also has to handle Caitlin and Dominique who are increasingly suspicious that she's not acting like "herself". Meanwhile, Mandy (after her initial horror at being in Clover's body) decides to hang out with Sam and Alex so she can learn embarrassing and compromising things about them. Of course, she gets more than she bargained for when she's WOOHPed.

Mommies Dearest - Jerry accidentally WOOHPs himself. Also, I love the bolero jacket + belly shirt combo Sam has at the start of this episode. (I would need a whole other post to describe all their outfits that I love.) Plus, we get to see the girls' moms, in swimsuits, so yeah.

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Mar 18 2019, 12:30 AM
Post #46

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Little kid me was so devastated when they changed Alex and Jerry's voice in season 3! I always thought the original voices suited the characters so well, I especially loved how Alex's voice actress delivered her one-liners and her scream.

Going back to the artstyle of Abductions - I've been scanning all the episodes from Season 1 & 2 (like an absolute psychopath!) and found the following are drawn in the same style. Seems like they're mostly from Season 2, feel free to correct me or add more to the list:
  • Abductions
  • The Fugitives
  • I Want My Mummy
  • The Yuck Factor
  • Green With N.V
  • Boy Bands Will Be Boy Bands
  • Zooney World
  • Mommies Dearest
  • Nature Nightmare
  • Starstruck
  • Fashion Faux Pas

Thanks for sharing the french version of the mission impossible scene from The Fugitives ep. This was my first time watching an episode in another language, very interesting to hear what they sound like speaking french!

The Mandy episodes are always so entertaining, love it when she's accidentally caught up in the missions xD And your take on Totally Switched would be so awesome!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Mar 18 2019, 04:53 AM
Post #47

Spy Chic V
Group Icon

Member No.: 901
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Alex & Martin Mystery
Favorite Anime: Persona 4
Favorite Manga: Nausicaa
Favorite Comic: Generation X (early issues)
Favorite Movie: Persona 3 movies (1-4)
Favorite Book: Animator's Survival Kit
Favorite Musician(s): Michiru Yamane (Skullgirls)
Favorite Album: Castle Crashers OST
Favorite Game: Jewelion (did the art/animation)

QUOTE (hdc @ Mar 16 2019, 02:56 PM) *
You absolutely should write the essay on every episode : ) and your thoughts on seasons 1 and 2.

I feel the same way. I've only seen season 1, a few episodes from season 2, and scattered episodes from other seasons. From what I've seen of season 2, it seems like that's when the show hit its stride in terms of writing. What bugs me about season 3 onward is the voice acting, which I've griped about elsewhere so I won't repeat myself.

I noticed that about Abductions too - it's episode number 8 and it seemed like the art quality took a sudden jump. Offhand, though, I can't think of other episodes that are drawn the same way - the style seems distinct from the other two I can easily recognize (Ski Trip and The Fugitives). I watched the credits of a few episodes last night to see if I could get any hints about who did which episodes, but no luck. (Which shouldn't discourage anyone else from trying - they could certainly see something I missed.)

Some of my favorites are:

The New Jerry - I'm a sucker for romances with age differences. I thought it was pretty cool that the show could depict a teenage girl with a crush on a 30something guy (I doubt you'd see that these days). I wouldn't want to replace Jerry but I thought it was a shame Mac turned out to be a bad guy (sometimes it seems like 90% of TS fanfic is Sam/Scam, but I'm not much into foe yay).

The Fugitives - I love the sequence where they have to fight their way out of WOOHP with the Mission Impossible music playing in the background. (Somehow it sounds even better en français.) Jerry gets to have a nice badass moment when he grabs their escaping helicopter.

The Eraser - I think Mandy makes a much better semi-protagonist or antihero than antagonist. That said, I also like it when she gets upgraded to supervillain status (complete with martial arts skills) in Futureshock.

Evil Coffee Shop - Again, it's cool to see Mandy figure out that the girls are "up to something" and then crash WOOHP (even by accident). I wish they'd made her equally competent once she becomes a spy. Also, she looks great in a purple catsuit. Also, right before the girls are WOOHPed, Clover is wearing a long-sleeved baby blue sweater (with a boob window), a short denim skirt, and hooker heels. It's like a perfect cocktail of demure and dirty : D

Ski Trip - It's great to see the girls' secret life intersect with their day to day life this way. Also, the three of them and Mandy/Caitlin/Dominique are sharing two luxury suites at a romantic ski resort, so it could lead to all kinds of lovey fun.

Matchmaker - It's cool to see Clover go solo. Also there's the super adorable scene where she cries after Sam and Alex leave her to go meet their dates. Needless to say I'd be happy to try to cheer her up heart1.gif and for once I'm not being lewd. In general, I tend to like any episode that breaks the standard formula of "Begin B plot -> girls are WOOHPed -> Begin A plot -> End A plot -> End B plot".

Model Citizens - Obviously I'm a sucker for any Clover-focused episode like this, Child's Play, or Starstruck. This could also have been an incredibly dark and ironic story when you think about it (i.e. if the villains didn't have a magic machine for switching out body parts, but were instead just stealing them).

Black Widows - The girls in cheerleader outfits, enough said. Also, it's nice to see some Sam/Mandy rivalry for a change. I think they might have made better enemies since (1) it's the same voice actress and (2) their personalities seem more complementary to me, whereas Clover and Mandy are alike in a lot of ways.

Stuck in the Middle Ages - When you think about it, this has an incredibly sad ending. Imagine being the king who has the start of a romance going with Clover, then she suddenly disappears into the future and you live out your life without ever seeing her again. Grim.

Totally Switched - I love that Jerry shows up to help Clover and again gets to be a badass. And, of course, that their personalities get switched. And finally the way Clover turns her charm on Jerry at the end of the episode because she wants to do it again.

A fun alternate take on this episode would be to switch Clover with Mandy. Maybe Mandy is dating a guy Clover wants, so Clover decides not to reveal what's happened. She also has to handle Caitlin and Dominique who are increasingly suspicious that she's not acting like "herself". Meanwhile, Mandy (after her initial horror at being in Clover's body) decides to hang out with Sam and Alex so she can learn embarrassing and compromising things about them. Of course, she gets more than she bargained for when she's WOOHPed.

Mommies Dearest - Jerry accidentally WOOHPs himself. Also, I love the bolero jacket + belly shirt combo Sam has at the start of this episode. (I would need a whole other post to describe all their outfits that I love.) Plus, we get to see the girls' moms, in swimsuits, so yeah.

Wow, nice observations, including Fugitives, New Jerry, and Eraser. I enjoy all those as well. So many to keep track of.
As a big fan, I hope you get to watch all episodes of every season. I enjoy the art & character development of them all.

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

My video game art/animation: http://www.tangerinepop.com/
However tough life gets, don't give up!

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Mar 18 2019, 04:56 AM
Post #48

Spy Chic V
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Mar 13 2019, 09:51 AM) *
It’s hard to pick a favourite but I can definitely say I am a huge fan of the earlier episodes. Especially since these were the ones I watched more of when I was younger. S1 & S2 have this charm that I feel the later seasons seem to lack. Anyways I could write an essay about every episode 😅 so I’ve just chosen two that are most memorable to me:

Abductions - The Les Miserables play episode where Clover & Sam fight. Poor Alex! Aside from my clear love for Clover & Sam action I like this episode because of the way it’s drawn. I feel like the animators who drew this episode gave them more of a sharper and mature look (will have to find the other episodes drawn by the same animators). I just love the way their body shape (just look at the screenshots! wink.gif ) and faces are drawn. This ep is also full of great smug expressions from Sam too! I’ll always remember the scene of Clover dramatically crying with Sam and Alex behind her wearing snorkels for extra ridiculousness 😂 I also love at the end when Alex is jumping on the son’s giant head thinking she’s the one making it deflate. Sam and Clover just let her believe it’s true which is cute of them, kinda like parents letting their kids believe in something not real xD
“Hey! What do you know? It’s working!” - Alex
“Nice job, Alex. You’ve saved the world.” - Sam

Do You Believe In Magic? - Clover and Sam in the black catsuits wink.gif Need I say anymore? I’ll always remember the way Clover lands in her chair when they get whooped in this episode. Classic Clover, she always seems to get the short straw whenever they fall somewhere 😅 Then there’s the part when she accidentally spends $700,000 at the auction, oops! The chase scene is pretty epic too; I LOVE Alex’s bit where she jumps over an obstructing wagon whilst her scooter slides underneath, then she has to run after it to catch up! The booby trap moment when Sam & Clover are forced to leave Kandinsky’s castle, especially when Sam saves Clover from falling further by using her legs to catch her. How I wish that were me between those legs wink.gif Gotta love the back and forth when they finally meet the villian xD The fight scene with him at the end is pretty epic too!
"Who's this guy?" - Clover
"Duhh, it's the thief." - Alex
"The thief? No, Gregor's the thief!" - Sam
"Who's Gregor?" - Alex

Maybe in a seperate post I'll expand on why I love season 1 & 2 so much, I have so much to share!

Great job w/the insights and screenshots. That Sam/Clover tension!
And Sam's leg grab save for Clover was awesome. They really pull through in the most macabre death trap they ever face later as well.

Hope you get to see all eps of all seasons as well. Now I've got to think up my favs...

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
hdc
post Mar 22 2019, 01:10 AM
Post #49

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Mar 13 2019, 08:51 AM) *
Abductions - The Les Miserables play episode where Clover & Sam fight. Poor Alex! Aside from my clear love for Clover & Sam action I like this episode because of the way it€™s drawn. I feel like the animators who drew this episode gave them more of a sharper and mature look (will have to find the other episodes drawn by the same animators). I just love the way their body shape (just look at the screenshots! wink.gif ) and faces are drawn. This ep is also full of great smug expressions from Sam too! I€™ll always remember the scene of Clover dramatically crying with Sam and Alex behind her wearing snorkels for extra ridiculousness Ÿ˜‚ I also love at the end when Alex is jumping on the son€™s giant head thinking she€™s the one making it deflate. Sam and Clover just let her believe it€™s true which is cute of them, kinda like parents letting their kids believe in something not real xD
€œHey! What do you know? It€™s working!€ - Alex
€œNice job, Alex. You€™ve saved the world.€ - Sam

That episode has more cute moments than I remembered.

Sam telling Clover she's the most dramatic person she knows and Clover obviously taking it as a compliment.
Clover telling Sam that understanding art is for "true virtuosos like Picasso, da Vinci, Madonna (I love the way she says that), and of course me."
Clover addressing Sam as "Miss Cosette". It sounds more playful than spiteful, like she's over it and just teasing now.
After class, where Clover and Sam are facing away from each other, I love how bitter their expressions and poses are. They look like mortal enemies since birth who were somehow forced into the same room. Clover and Mandy are almost pals next to this (at least they can look at and speak to each other, however uncivilly).

The ending would have been stronger without the contrived "Sam saves Clover from being hosed down with vile pink gunk and their friendship is saved". Sam is the self-sacrificing team leader and it would be in character for her to simply realize the part meant more to Clover and give it to her.

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Mar 22 2019, 06:34 PM
Post #50

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (hdc @ Mar 22 2019, 02:10 AM) *
Sam telling Clover she's the most dramatic person she knows and Clover obviously taking it as a compliment.
Clover telling Sam that understanding art is for "true virtuosos like Picasso, da Vinci, Madonna (I love the way she says that), and of course me."
Clover addressing Sam as "Miss Cosette". It sounds more playful than spiteful, like she's over it and just teasing now.
After class, where Clover and Sam are facing away from each other, I love how bitter their expressions and poses are. They look like mortal enemies since birth who were somehow forced into the same room. Clover and Mandy are almost pals next to this (at least they can look at and speak to each other, however uncivilly).

The ending would have been stronger without the contrived "Sam saves Clover from being hosed down with vile pink gunk and their friendship is saved". Sam is the self-sacrificing team leader and it would be in character for her to simply realize the part meant more to Clover and give it to her.

The Madonna line! That is an iconic comment from Clover haha laugh.gif Nice insight on the “Miss Cosette” tone, she does sound a little teasing towards Sam. I love how Sam calls Clover a dimwit under a breath. She’s sounds so exhausted from dealing with Clover, that girl sounds like a handful haha. I agree with the ending too, it’s almost confusing how the writers decided to end their fight like that.

+Quote Post
hdc
post Mar 22 2019, 07:56 PM
Post #51

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Mar 22 2019, 10:34 AM) *
The Madonna line! That is an iconic comment from Clover haha laugh.gif Nice insight on the “Miss Cosette” tone, she does sound a little teasing towards Sam. I love how Sam calls Clover a dimwit under a breath. She’s sounds so exhausted from dealing with Clover, that girl sounds like a handful haha. I agree with the ending too, it’s almost confusing how the writers decided to end their fight like that.

I like their pretend almost boxing match after that dimwit comment. That should definitely have gone on a bit longer, at least until they worked up a good sweat : )
Clover does call Sam a bookworm at the start of the episode, but Sam doesn't seem put out over it. Sam calling Clover a dimwit seems OOC. It's one of those things you can forgive but maybe not forget, the more so because it might be a tender spot for Clover. IMO Sam would know that and be too mature/cautious to let that slip out.

+Quote Post
hdc
post Mar 28 2019, 06:26 AM
Post #52

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (hdc @ Mar 22 2019, 11:56 AM) *
I like their pretend almost boxing match after that dimwit comment. That should definitely have gone on a bit longer, at least until they worked up a good sweat : )
Clover does call Sam a bookworm at the start of the episode, but Sam doesn't seem put out over it. Sam calling Clover a dimwit seems OOC. It's one of those things you can forgive but maybe not forget, the more so because it might be a tender spot for Clover. IMO Sam would know that and be too mature/cautious to let that slip out.

I forgot "The Get Away", an episode I otherwise dislike, but contains maybe my favorite Sam/Clover exchange:

Clover: This doesn't look like sand to me.
Sam: It's obsidian. Volcanic glass.
Clover (annoyed sidelong look): Is there anything you don't know?

P.S.
Sam: The way to your heart?
(Clover blushes)
Sam (holds her hand out): Spit it, young lady.
Clover: No fair!

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Mar 28 2019, 01:23 PM
Post #53

Spy Chic V
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (hdc @ Mar 27 2019, 11:26 PM) *
QUOTE (hdc @ Mar 22 2019, 11:56 AM) *

I forgot "The Get Away", an episode I otherwise dislike, but contains maybe my favorite Sam/Clover exchange:

Clover: This doesn't look like sand to me.
Sam: It's obsidian. Volcanic glass.
Clover (annoyed sidelong look): Is there anything you don't know?

P.S.
Sam: The way to your heart?
(Clover blushes)
Sam (holds her hand out): Spit it, young lady.
Clover: No fair!

Yes, and after, Sam almost falls down the cliff, but is saved by a strong grip from Clover!
Then Sam saves Clover right after when Alex accidentally knocks a boulder down.
(Found a cool screenshot of that. smile.gif

Those two should definitely be happy w/each other after that.
I liked the Iceland branch, blonde WOOHP agent in that one who actually gets a name (Julie), them just hanging out in Hawaii, and the twist in the base.
Also, Clover for jumping down a thermal vent w/the parachute & everyone grabbing on for the rescue- awesome.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
hdc
post Mar 28 2019, 10:34 PM
Post #54

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (jettmanas @ Mar 28 2019, 05:23 AM) *
Yes, and after, Sam almost falls down the cliff, but is saved by a strong grip from Clover!

I liked the Iceland branch, blonde WOOHP agent in that one who actually gets a name (Julie), them just hanging out in Hawaii, and the twist in the base.
Also, Clover for jumping down a thermal vent w/the parachute & everyone grabbing on for the rescue- awesome.

I'd forgotten about the shot at the end with everyone hitching a ride on Clover's parachute, that is cute. It's also shown on the cover of the book version.

From the way the girls' eyes are drawn, it looks like the artist that did this episode also did Child's Play. Those are the only two I can think of that have that look.

You're right, this is where Clover gets to show off her leg strength, though sadly not by grabbing Sam with them ; )

Last screenshot:
Alex (up above): You guys okay down there?
Clover: Let's do that again later, but without the huge boulder. ; )

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Mar 28 2019, 10:59 PM
Post #55

Spy Chic V
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (hdc @ Mar 28 2019, 03:34 PM) *

I'd forgotten about the shot at the end with everyone hitching a ride on Clover's parachute, that is cute. It's also shown on the cover of the book version.

From the way the girls' eyes are drawn, it looks like the artist that did this episode also did Child's Play. Those are the only two I can think of that have that look.

You're right, this is where Clover gets to show off her leg strength, though sadly not by grabbing Sam with them ; )

Last screenshot:

Cool use of the book illustration.
The line before that happens-

"Quick, everyone grab onto Clover!"

Everyone's reaction. biggrin.gif

Good set of screenshots! I had that one darkened one that I barely caught, but you nailed it.
Also, your lines for the last screenshot, and Sam looking adorable. Nice. tongue.gif

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
hdc
post Mar 28 2019, 11:30 PM
Post #56

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (jettmanas @ Mar 28 2019, 02:59 PM) *

Good set of screenshots! I had that one darkened one that I barely caught, but you nailed it.
Also, your lines for the last screenshot, and Sam looking adorable. Nice. tongue.gif

"Everyone grab Clover" - that's what they mean by never letting a good crisis go to waste. ; )

I can recommend VLC media player, which is free and makes screenshots a lot easier because it has a button to step frame by frame (a lot of cute shots literally only last one frame) and another to take a screenshot, which it saves in a predetermined folder and auto-names (so you don't have to mess with the "save as" dialog every time). IIRC, these buttons are in the "advanced widget toolbar" which isn't shown by default, you have to select it from the View menu.

If you're running Windows and playing a YouTube or other video full screen, you can also take a screenshot by pressing Window key + Print Screen. That'll automatically save a screen capture in C:\Users\(your user name)\Pictures\Screenshots\.

Short of using DVD rips, as far as I know the best quality TS episodes are on the TS Youtube channel. They now have seasons 1-5, though the videos from season 5 are cropped around the edges (I think they uploaded them wrong). Amazon Prime also has all seasons but I'm not a Prime member and don't know what the quality is there.

For downloading YT videos, I currently use h3xed. Paste the YT URL in there and submit, then scroll down to the "Stream Maps" section and download the URL from the row with quality "hd720" (or higher if it's available).

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Mar 29 2019, 01:48 AM
Post #57

Spy Chic V
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (hdc @ Mar 28 2019, 04:30 PM) *
QUOTE (jettmanas @ Mar 28 2019, 02:59 PM) *

"Everyone grab Clover" - that's what they mean by never letting a good crisis go to waste. ; )

I can recommend VLC media player, which is free and makes screenshots a lot easier because it has a button to step frame by frame (a lot of cute shots literally only last one frame) and another to take a screenshot, which it saves in a predetermined folder and auto-names (so you don't have to mess with the "save as" dialog every time). IIRC, these buttons are in the "advanced widget toolbar" which isn't shown by default, you have to select it from the View menu.

If you're running Windows and playing a YouTube or other video full screen, you can also take a screenshot by pressing Window key + Print Screen. That'll automatically save a screen capture in C:\Users\(your user name)\Pictures\Screenshots\.

Short of using DVD rips, as far as I know the best quality TS episodes are on the TS Youtube channel. They now have seasons 1-5, though the videos from season 5 are cropped around the edges (I think they uploaded them wrong). Amazon Prime also has all seasons but I'm not a Prime member and don't know what the quality is there.

For downloading YT videos, I currently use h3xed. Paste the YT URL in there and submit, then scroll down to the "Stream Maps" section and download the URL from the row with quality "hd720" (or higher if it's available).

Wow, thanks for the info. I'll consider that. Never knew how that worked.

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Mar 29 2019, 01:54 AM
Post #58

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (hdc @ Mar 28 2019, 11:34 PM) *

Last screenshot:

Aaah I’ve always loved this scene!! It’s like you guys can read my mind laugh.gif I even had the screenshots saved to post later haha
Hdc always with these dialogues, you are killing me!
Sam’s hair looks really good in the book cover artwork. Her clinging onto Clover <3

+Quote Post
BradleyEX
post Jun 17 2019, 03:34 PM
Post #59

Wannabe

Member No.: 1,044
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Alex and Britney
Favorite Anime: Nana, Evangelion and Gintama
Favorite Manga: One Piece and Goodnight Punpun
Favorite Comic: Scott Pilgrim
Favorite Movie: Anything by Satoshi Kon

Hmmm.

If I’d have to choose some favourite episodes, most of them would probably be from either seasons 3-5, since i personally enjoyed those seasons the most.

While i do understand what you guys said about seasons 1 and 2 about the charm and whatnot, i personally found a bunch of the episodes from seasons 3-5 to be a lot more more exciting and memorable to me.

Plus, i much prefer the animation/character designs in these seasons compared to the first two. Since there was a break in between seasons 2 and 3, which would’ve gave them enough time to improve on them.

But i do believe that the voice direction in the first 2 seasons was much better than the rest of the series, since if i recall correctly that a lot of the production in s1 and 2 was done in North America rather than s3 onwards which were Canadian produced. I feel like the voice performances in s3 onward were a lot more loud and silly, compared to the more realistic and less-cartoony performances of s1 and 2.

I do however prefer Katie Griffin’s Alex over Katie Leigh’s tbh, maybe because K. Griffin was Alex for much longer than K. Leigh, which gave me enough time to get used to her performance. I feel like K. Griffin’s performance, while some people may find it annoying, was a lot more lively and energetic than K. Leigh’s, since i see Alex as that type of character personally. I still think that K. Leigh did great job voicing Alex aswell, i just find that K. Griffin’s Alex is much more memorable to me.

I also noticed a change in Jenny Hale’s performance as Sam as the series went on. At the start of the series, Sam sounded a lot more mature and smart, and which i noticed in the later eps became a lot less of that.

Im probably gonna come have to come up with a top list of favourite eps, I’ll get back to y’all once i do just that.

+Quote Post
hdc
post Jun 18 2019, 06:39 AM
Post #60

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (BradleyEX @ Jun 17 2019, 08:34 AM) *
Plus, i much prefer the animation/character designs in these seasons compared to the first two. Since there was a break in between seasons 2 and 3, which would€™ve gave them enough time to improve on them.

I haven't seen much of seasons 3 onward, were they more consistent? I know seasons 1-2 felt like they farmed the episodes out to different studios. I actually liked that because if there's one studio you don't like, at least you won't see it all the time. My favorite was the one that did Mommies Dearest, Zooney World, etc and my least favorite probably the one that did Ski Trip.

But i do believe that the voice direction in the first 2 seasons was much better than the rest of the series, since if i recall correctly that a lot of the production in s1 and 2 was done in North America rather than s3 onwards which were Canadian produced. I feel like the voice performances in s3 onward were a lot more loud and silly, compared to the more realistic and less-cartoony performances of s1 and 2.

Exactly. When I watch a later-season episode it feels like the VAs were told to make their voices faster and more high-pitched and childish. It's jarring, especially (as you say) with Sam.

I do however prefer Katie Griffin€™s Alex over Katie Leigh€™s tbh, maybe because K. Griffin was Alex for much longer than K. Leigh, which gave me enough time to get used to her performance. I feel like K. Griffin€™s performance, while some people may find it annoying, was a lot more lively and energetic than K. Leigh€™s, since i see Alex as that type of character personally. I still think that K. Leigh did great job voicing Alex aswell, i just find that K. Griffin€™s Alex is much more memorable to me.

I think Leigh gave Alex a certain blunt quality that was suited to her naive/straight man (if you'll pardon the expression) role, like when she says "[No my mom isn't acting strangely]...unless you count her pushing my massage table into heavy traffic!"

I actually love the voice Griffin (presumably) gave to MILF Alex in Futureshock. It makes her sound like the fun and carefree girl of the group and is sexy too ; ) I wish she'd just used that all the time.

I also noticed a change in Jenny Hale’s performance as Sam as the series went on. At the start of the series, Sam sounded a lot more mature and smart, and which i noticed in the later eps became a lot less of that.

Speaking of Hale, for anyone who hasn't seen it, she was interviewed by the New Yorker back around when Mass Effect 3 came out.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2019 - 06:27 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.