post Mar 15 2019, 01:06 AM
Post #21

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,016
Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Mar 14 2019, 03:45 PM) *
Nice observations, hdc! Thanks for showing us some of Sam’s hairstyles, she totally pulls off the Lara Croft one! I did manage to find one hairstyle which is a little... questionable 😅 For Clover and Alex, it’s rare to see them with different looking hair but it’s cool to see it when we get the chance! Usually when they’ve fallen into water, dressed up or have used a gadget.

I’ve totally noticed Sam’s winks too! I think it’s a very cute touch that shows us a bit of her playful side wink.gif Other wink sightings: when Sam catches Clover’s falling in Nature Nightmare, and is about to take down the villain’s assistant in Fashion Faux Pas.

One mannerism I’ve noticed for Clover is how she shows off her confidence through her body language. The way she just casually leans on something/someone, sits with legs apart or one leg slightly up, holds herself etc. To me this emphasises her realness and supports her brash confident personality.

I actually like that semi-bun hairstyle, especially in the second pic where she and Clover are running. It does seem like that much hair would take a lot of washing, but if she asked for volunteers she might be pleasantly surprised ; )

I haven't seen either of those episodes yet so it's good to hear she keeps doing that in later seasons.

Clover definitely likes to get into people's space, pose seductively, and just brashly come on to them in general (1-5). Looking back, I can see you captured that tendency of hers nicely in your drawing of her trying to charm an annoyed Sam.

Sometimes it even happens to her (6).

Also, I notice your last screenshot collage offers several more strange sitting poses for her ; )

I think my favorite moment of sheer brass for her is where she takes Tassara's crown off her head and admires herself wearing it in the mirror while talking about what a great queen she'll make, while everyone else just stares at her, completely dumbstruck (7-9). I imagine Sam would really have gotten after her for that one.

For that matter, I could see manhandling royalty or the crown like that being a capital offense. If Tassara had a darker side, she might trump up charges against Clover, with the punishment being a private lesson in manners... ; )

Edit:

Another cute Sam mannerism I like is the way she tends to say "Whoaaaa" when the girls get WOOHPed, or she falls off a cliff, etc. Whereas Clover is best at high-pitched screaming. I think her best one is in "Game Girls" when Alex scares her by holographically turning herself into a dragon. I've heard that one reused at least twice in other episodes ; )

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hdc
post Mar 17 2019, 06:47 PM
Post #22

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

I forgot this one from the end of Futureshock. Freud would have a field day with this.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Mar 17 2019, 09:05 PM
Post #23

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,038
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Clover
Favorite Anime: K-ON!!
Favorite Movie: Studio Ghibli films, SPIDERVERSE
Favorite Book: Norwegian Wood
Favorite Game: Animal Crossing New Leaf

QUOTE (hdc @ Mar 15 2019, 02:06 AM) *
Clover definitely likes to get into people's space, pose seductively, and just brashly come on to them in general (1-5). Looking back, I can see you captured that tendency of hers nicely in your drawing of her trying to charm an annoyed Sam.

Also, I notice your last screenshot collage offers several more strange sitting poses for her ; )

Another cute Sam mannerism I like is the way she tends to say "Whoaaaa" when the girls get WOOHPed, or she falls off a cliff, etc. Whereas Clover is best at high-pitched screaming. I think her best one is in "Game Girls" when Alex scares her by holographically turning herself into a dragon. I've heard that one reused at least twice in other episodes ; )

Awesome points and screenshots! I do like to capture Clover's cheekiness and confidence in my drawings wink.gif And YES, I will not rest until I have found every single scene of Clover's sitting poses xD

I've noticed how the show likes reusing Sam's "Yeah!". Few examples are in "The New Jerry" when Scam's car blows up and Clover suggests using jetpacks to travel, and in "Soul Collector" when they successfully break into the library. I think they all have great screams but Clover definitely has a fantastic high-pitched one! Adds to her dramatic personality biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Mar 18 2019, 04:43 AM
Post #24

Spy Chic IV
Group Icon

Member No.: 901
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Alex & Martin Mystery
Favorite Anime: Persona 4
Favorite Manga: Nausicaa
Favorite Comic: Generation X (early issues)
Favorite Movie: Persona 3 movies (1-4)
Favorite Book: Animator's Survival Kit
Favorite Musician(s): Michiru Yamane (Skullgirls)
Favorite Album: Castle Crashers OST
Favorite Game: Jewelion (did the art/animation)

Great insights and screenshots, everyone.
Love how active it is on this subject. a06.gif

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

My video game art/animation: http://www.tangerinepop.com/
However tough life gets, don't give up!

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Mar 18 2019, 06:40 PM
Post #25

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (hdc @ Mar 14 2019, 03:35 AM) *
For Clover I like it when her hair gets tousled (due to being woken up, or falling into water, or being WOOHPed) or she pins it up to go with a fancy dress like in Suavest Spy.

Just had to add this amazing screenshot here. Totally agree with Clover’s WHOOPED hair! Hands down my favourite Clover hairstyle laugh.gif The disgruntled expression and the messy hair is a great combo. The cute tank top and armband is pretty hot too, got that bad bitch look down biggrin.gif
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
hdc
post Mar 20 2019, 01:49 AM
Post #26

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Mar 18 2019, 10:40 AM) *
For Clover I like it when her hair gets tousled (due to being woken up, or falling into water, or being WOOHPed) or she pins it up to go with a fancy dress like in Suavest Spy.

Just had to add this amazing screenshot here. Totally agree with Clover’s WHOOPED hair! Hands down my favourite Clover hairstyle laugh.gif The disgruntled expression and the messy hair is a great combo. The cute tank top and armband is pretty hot too, got that bad bitch look down biggrin.gif

"The New Jerry" is full of great looks for them, it's too bad it looks kinda rough in places. In places, it feels like it was done by the people who did Zooney World and the others you listed, so maybe it was just early days.

At the beginning and end we have Sam in her pink nightie and Clover in her purple one which is sexy and adorable at the same time with the moon and star. Then she puts on the tank top and armband as you mentioned (and I love little accessories like armbands, garters, anklets, etc). Then they go shopping and she has this jazzy purple outfit and Sam puts her hair up a bit and shows off her legs. ; ) Then she switches it out for a green tank top and another armband and Sam gets a sleeveless pink dress.

Also, I love how Clover sticks her tongue out at Jerry when he annoys her. It's immature but gives her this cute childlike aspect.

Anyway, maybe after the episode was over, Clover and Sam had a conversation like this (with their thoughts in italics) ; )

Clover: So, Sammy, I couldn't help noticing you changed clothes like six times on this mission. And I'm sure not sleeping tonight after seeing those legs : /
Sam: It was only twice. Given how hot you were making me, it was either change clothes or embarrass myself : /
Clover: And I saw you sporting at least three different hairstyles.
Sam: OMG, she noticed?! Maybe I was just trying to keep up with you, Miss I-spent-an-entire-mission-with-my-midriff-bared.
Clover: OMG, she noticed?! I think you were just showing off for Scam.
Sam: NO! I thought you were just showing off for Scam.
Clover: NO! Really? Uh, sure, I guess so.
Sam: What do you mean, you guess so? Were you or weren't you?
Clover: Were you?
Sam: Was I what? I wonder which hairstyle she liked best? I would soo love to have her do my hair.
Clover: You know what. I would soo love to do her hair. And if only I'd remembered to wear my new butterfly navel pendant : (
Sam: What? Thank God she didn't look any hotter, or I'd have stroked out and died : (
Clover: Showing off!
Sam (getting up and leaving) : We so are not having this conversation. Please let her follow me
Clover (following her) : We so are, and we're not done yet.
Alex (downstairs watching TV): This mind-reading chewing gum sure picks up some weird stuff.

Alex gets somewhat left out of the sexy costume changing fun but I do like that look with the half-open blazer with nothing under it.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Mar 20 2019, 05:15 AM
Post #27

Spy Chic IV
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (hdc @ Mar 19 2019, 06:49 PM) *

Just had to add this amazing screenshot here. Totally agree with Clover�€™s WHOOPED hair! Hands down my favourite Clover hairstyle laugh.gif The disgruntled expression and the messy hair is a great combo. The cute tank top and armband is pretty hot too, got that bad bitch look down biggrin.gif

"The New Jerry" is full of great looks for them, it's too bad it looks kinda rough in places. In places, it feels like it was done by the people who did Zooney World and the others you listed, so maybe it was just early days.

At the beginning and end we have Sam in her pink nightie and Clover in her purple one which is sexy and adorable at the same time with the moon and star. Then she puts on the tank top and armband as you mentioned (and I love little accessories like armbands, garters, anklets, etc). Then they go shopping and she has this jazzy purple outfit and Sam puts her hair up a bit and shows off her legs. ; ) Then she switches it out for a green tank top and another armband and Sam gets a sleeveless pink dress.

Also, I love how Clover sticks her tongue out at Jerry when he annoys her. It's immature but gives her this cute childlike aspect.

Anyway, maybe after the episode was over, Clover and Sam had a conversation like this (with their thoughts in italics) ; )

Clover: So, Sammy, I couldn't help noticing you changed clothes like six times on this mission. And I'm sure not sleeping tonight after seeing those legs : /
Sam: It was only twice. Given how hot you were making me, it was either change clothes or embarrass myself : /
Sam: OMG, she noticed?! Maybe I was just trying to keep up with you, Miss I-spent-an-entire-mission-with-my-midriff-bared.
Sam: Was I what? I wonder which hairstyle she liked best? I would soo love to have her do my hair.
Clover: You know what. I would soo love to do her hair. And if only I'd remembered to wear my new butterfly navel pendant : (
Sam: What? Thank God she didn't look any hotter, or I'd have stroked out and died : (
Sam (getting up and leaving) : We so are not having this conversation. Please let her follow me
Alex (downstairs watching TV): This mind-reading chewing gum sure picks up some weird stuff.

Alex gets somewhat left out of the sexy costume changing fun but I do like that look with the half-open blazer with nothing under it.

Good insights & screenshots. (love the complex hairstyle Sam has in the 4th one)
I also like that clever dialogue you came up with, ha. Right down to the line from Alex.

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Mar 20 2019, 06:23 PM
Post #28

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (hdc @ Mar 20 2019, 02:49 AM) *

Just had to add this amazing screenshot here. Totally agree with Clover�€™s WHOOPED hair! Hands down my favourite Clover hairstyle laugh.gif The disgruntled expression and the messy hair is a great combo. The cute tank top and armband is pretty hot too, got that bad bitch look down biggrin.gif

HDC!!!! You are teasing me with that Sam & Clover dialogue! a09.gif I feel obligated to draw this now haha
Like jettmanas mentioned, Alex's line at the end is killer laugh.gif Great stuff!

And YES! I absolutely love their outfits in that episode, they all look fantastic imo. I too am a fan of the accessories they wear and Clover's purple PJs. Clover + cute night top + little shorts + thick socks = midnight snack laugh.gif It's nice to see them in their lounge wear, they look so comfy and cute. I don't think we really see them much in PJs, makes a nice change from their usual school/mission look.

Hdc you are one very observant TS person, my friend biggrin.gif You've got great points and screenshots, thanks for sharing as always.

+Quote Post
hdc
post Mar 21 2019, 09:51 PM
Post #29

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

@jettmanas Yeah I do like Sam's beehive-esque hair style when they go shopping.
Alex's innocence/naivete make her a good "straight girl", such as in Mommies Dearest when she's asked if her mom is acting strangely and she ponders and finally says "Not really...unless you count her pushing me into traffic!"

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Mar 20 2019, 10:23 AM) *
HDC!!!! You are teasing me with that Sam & Clover dialogue! a09.gif I feel obligated to draw this now haha
Like jettmanas mentioned, Alex's line at the end is killer laugh.gif Great stuff!

And YES! I absolutely love their outfits in that episode, they all look fantastic imo. I too am a fan of the accessories they wear and Clover's purple PJs. Clover + cute night top + little shorts + thick socks = midnight snack laugh.gif It's nice to see them in their lounge wear, they look so comfy and cute. I don't think we really see them much in PJs, makes a nice change from their usual school/mission look.

Hdc you are one very observant TS person, my friend biggrin.gif You've got great points and screenshots, thanks for sharing as always.

Clover's pajama top is a lethal cocktail of girlish innocence (the moon and stars) and adult naughtiness (spaghetti straps and bare midriff) that my brain can't quite figure out how to process (but in a good way). It's the kind of thing you might ask her to leave on even after everything else comes off ; )

And yeah I could see them having the cutest sleepover party ever in those outfits.

As you mentioned in another thread, later on she gets a blue nightie (and sometimes a sleeping mask) that seems to be her bedtime uniform. It's a good color for her, but her PJ top is much better.

And then of course there's Evil Graduation where she spends almost an entire episode in a rather minimal pink PJ top (happy sigh...)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
hdc
post Mar 21 2019, 10:14 PM
Post #30

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

More screens, this time from Baddies on a Blimp, another episode where we get to see the girls in the morning. It's super nice of Sam to make them all tea.

Sam and Clover seem to have the same outfits (a spaghetti strap nightie and a robe with a breast pocket) as the earlier shot from season 3, but with different colors. Blue looks better for Clover but I think white looks better for Sam - gives her that angelic look which fits her role as group mom.

I love the 2nd and 3rd ones.
Sam criticizes Clover's dating choices - ulterior motives, maybe? ("Sammy, according to you, no guy is good enough for me...")
Clover instinctively holds her tablet out of Sam's reach upon learning her ex is now a rich CEO, as if Sam can somehow steal the guy from her by grabbing the tablet. That's genius.

Also, I have to give Clover credit for her reaction ("Now all I have to do is find the right guy before he hits it big" and not "Now all I have to do is get my rich ex to take me back").

They seem to have made Clover's eyes bigger which gives her a kittenish look along with her small mouth and triangular face shape. I tend to dislike the Disneyish look of season 6 but here it's cute.

I think Alex wins the award for best looking tousled bed head (though it's after being WOOHPed).
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Mar 22 2019, 12:05 AM
Post #31

Spy Chic IV
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (hdc @ Mar 21 2019, 03:14 PM) *
More screens, this time from Baddies on a Blimp, another episode where we get to see the girls in the morning. It's super nice of Sam to make them all tea.

Sam and Clover seem to have the same outfits (a spaghetti strap nightie and a robe with a breast pocket) as the earlier shot from season 3, but with different colors. Blue looks better for Clover but I think white looks better for Sam - gives her that angelic look which fits her role as group mom.

I love the 2nd and 3rd ones.
Sam criticizes Clover's dating choices - ulterior motives, maybe? ("Sammy, according to you, no guy is good enough for me...")
Clover instinctively holds her tablet out of Sam's reach upon learning her ex is now a rich CEO, as if Sam can somehow steal the guy from her by grabbing the tablet. That's genius.

Also, I have to give Clover credit for her reaction ("Now all I have to do is find the right guy before he hits it big" and not "Now all I have to do is get my rich ex to take me back").

They seem to have made Clover's eyes bigger which gives her a kittenish look along with her small mouth and triangular face shape. I tend to dislike the Disneyish look of season 6 but here it's cute.

I think Alex wins the award for best looking tousled bed head (though it's after being WOOHPed).

Love that first picture in the previous post, with them all sleeping together on the couch. cat.gif
And yes, Evil Grad really is something w/that outfit for so long.

Good subtext on 'no guy is good enough for her', ha. Also the point of the tablet.
All of them just hanging out on the bed looking that nice (Clover's outfit!)- yes, this show really is amazing.

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
hdc
post Mar 22 2019, 01:14 AM
Post #32

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (jettmanas @ Mar 21 2019, 04:05 PM) *
All of them just hanging out on the bed looking that nice (Clover's outfit!)- yes, this show really is amazing.

You brought up something I unforgivably omitted, which is that that bed is easily big enough to sleep all three of them : D

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Mar 22 2019, 08:39 PM
Post #33

Spy Chic IV
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (hdc @ Mar 21 2019, 06:14 PM) *
QUOTE (jettmanas @ Mar 21 2019, 04:05 PM) *

You brought up something I unforgivably omitted, which is that that bed is easily big enough to sleep all three of them : D

Ha, another good point. tongue.gif

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Mar 25 2019, 01:44 PM
Post #34

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (hdc @ Mar 21 2019, 10:51 PM) *
Clover's pajama top is a lethal cocktail of girlish innocence (the moon and stars) and adult naughtiness (spaghetti straps and bare midriff) that my brain can't quite figure out how to process (but in a good way). It's the kind of thing you might ask her to leave on even after everything else comes off ; )

And yeah I could see them having the cutest sleepover party ever in those outfits.

As you mentioned in another thread, later on she gets a blue nightie (and sometimes a sleeping mask) that seems to be her bedtime uniform. It's a good color for her, but her PJ top is much better.

And then of course there's Evil Graduation where she spends almost an entire episode in a rather minimal pink PJ top (happy sigh...)

Ahh I totally missed this post ohmy.gif But yes, I totally agree with you! Even her PJs reflect Clover's personality: Flirty, cute, sexy - The girl has it all!

Haven't seen the Evil Graduation episode yet but will most likely watch it right after I post this laugh.gif The power of PJs huh

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Mar 25 2019, 08:23 PM
Post #35

Spy Chic IV
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Mar 25 2019, 06:44 AM) *
QUOTE (hdc @ Mar 21 2019, 10:51 PM) *

Ahh I totally missed this post ohmy.gif But yes, I totally agree with you! Even her PJs reflect Clover's personality: Flirty, cute, sexy - The girl has it all!

Haven't seen the Evil Graduation episode yet but will most likely watch it right after I post this laugh.gif The power of PJs huh

You must watch all episodes. wink.gif

Ha, just kidding. I'm just a bit of a fanatic that can't stop once I get into a show.
But yes, it's great to see the wonderful art & great character development over six seasons.

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2019 - 03:56 AM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.