Favorite Pairing: Suzuna/Nozomi
Favorite Anime: Naruto, Pokemon, Bakugan
Favorite Manga: Strawberry Panic!
Favorite Comic: Yu+Me= Dream
Favorite Movie: House Bunny, Mean Girls, The Simpsons Movie
Favorite Book: The Host by Stephanie Meyer
Favorite Musician(s): deadmau5
Favorite Game: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

Almost 6 years ago, Namco-Bandai games introduced the first Naruto Game to ever be released on console: NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja. This game had 12 playable characters, and took one from the Land of Waves Arc to the Chunnin Exam Arc, just after the Forest of Death round (Round 2). The stages were bi-planal- only two parts of the battle stage one could actually fight. The button commands varied drastically by character; while one set of button commands on one character activated a large Shuriken, on another character the same button commands would activate an ultimate technique. Support Characters were about as useful as a dead horse on an amish farm, and the voices were... well, off.

2007 brought Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2, and took one all the way to the Tsunade Decision arc (with an arc follwing it featuring something not in the anime), again taking things from the first arc, the Land of Waves arc. This game brought dozens of new characters, and ways to customize them, as well as a more standard, universal button set.

Just a year later, Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3 was released, and contained the most characters up to that point (a grand-slam total of 42). This game was far different from it's predecessors, in that there were two game modes and almost no actual story. One mode (called Ultimate Contest) was one where the player had to battle all sorts of ninja for crystals in order to be the top ninja in the village. The other mode is sort-of like a story mode, containing each battle from Naruto and Kakashi training (Before the Land of Waves Arc) Going all the way to the end of the Sasuke Retrieval Arc.

2009 brought us the start of the Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja games. However this one was more like a break-game, taking the player through a side quest that the anime or manga didn't delve into, before Naruto returned to the leaf.

2009 also gave us Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja 5 (The previous one being called Ultimate Ninja 4) and took us from the start of the Shippuden (Gaara's retreival to Reunion with Sasuke). The game had 8 total arcs, none of which correlated with the actual plot of the anime or manga, because those arcs hadn't been revealed in the anime yet (which the games follow more closely than the manga).

Now earlier in 2009 (before the release of the Shippuden Ultimate Ninjas) came the first Naruto Ninja Storm series. This took one from the Land of Waves arc to the Sasuke Retrieval arc. The Ninja Storm saga would eventually succeed the Ultimate Ninja Series in the next year.

In 2010, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 was released. This is the first Shippuden Ninja Storm game, and is very much an RPG style. Since this was the first Shippuden Game released on the Xbox 360 (PS3 I think had the last 2 Ultimate Ninjas) the game goes through the Rescue Gaara arc all the way to the Destruction of the Leaf arc, and containing a bonus arc at the end where one fights Killer B as Sasuke. There are a lot of side-quests and missions, though none of them are really crucial to the plot.

The year is 2012, and the date is March 13. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm: Generations is the first Naruto game to span so many arcs. From the very beginning (and even before then) to the Confining the Jinchuriki arc, which at this point is the current anime arc in America and Japan alike. With 70+ player characters, this game has more characters than any Ninja Storm or Ultimate Ninja game ever. This game will feature every plot-concerning arc of the first series, and every arc from the Shippuden.

One of the biggest things about this game is that it has not only the Shippuden versions of the characters, but the pre-Shippuden versions, and including several characters that the original series never saw. The list of playable characters, support-only characters, and additional information on the game can be found here.

The trailer. (For some reason, the youtube imbed insert doesn't work for me...)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Feb 22 2012, 09:27 PM
Post #2

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

Nice review, Crow. Won't be buying the game though.

+Quote Post
CrowSama
post Feb 22 2012, 10:04 PM
Post #3

Love doesn't have to be scary...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 75
Favorite Character:

Probably because you aren't awesome enough to own a PS3 or Xbox 360 lol.

+Quote Post
MasterHavik
post Feb 22 2012, 11:32 PM
Post #4

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 453
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: AlexXSam
Favorite Anime: Lucky Star
Favorite Manga: High school of the Dead
Favorite Comic: X-men
Favorite Movie: Scott Pilgrim
Favorite Book: Gamer girl
Favorite Musician(s): Muse and Gorlliaz
Favorite Album: N/A
Favorite Game: Klonoa 2 Lunatea's veil

I hope this Naruto game is solid competitive game. UN4, CoN 4, CONr 3, and Storm 1 are the best Naruto games at a high level.

Edit: Fun fact: Did you know in every game Anko has been in. She has always been the worst character. Let's hope she is better as an assist. This gives me hope that Bamco is actually trying to make a solid fighting game.

I don't give a fuck.

+Quote Post
CrowSama
post Feb 22 2012, 11:59 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

I would swear she was only in UN2 and UN3, and she's got no techniques besides some kinda snake jutsu from the chunin exams. That's probably gonna be her support move for attack and defense, some kinda snake-bite-thing, and some kinda huge snake wall. Balance may be some kinda exploding snake jutusu, though it's really up in the air.

+Quote Post
MasterHavik
post Feb 23 2012, 01:01 AM
Post #6

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Yeah. I'm just hoping Sakura, Hinata, and Tsuande are good. My characters are Shkiamaru, Sakura, Hinata. I might play Karin if she isn't ass tier like she was in Storm 2. If not my last spot goes to Tsunade.

I don't give a fuck.

+Quote Post
Mezoroth
post Feb 23 2012, 01:17 AM
Post #7

Dangerously close to doing "The Voice"
Group Icon

Member No.: 15
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Them Luxe Cousins, or Mandy and Yvette lol
Favorite Anime: Geass, Bamboo Blades, Sailah Moonz
Favorite Manga: Hajime Ippo, Bamboo Blades
Favorite Comic: Empowered, Deadpool & Cable, Dylan Dog
Favorite Book: Zombie Survival Guide
Favorite Game: GTA, SF, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon, Yakuzas

I like this idea of past versions with currents. I was mostly a Gekitou Ninja Taisen (the GameCube series by Tomy) but I always liked what the Ultimate series did.

GOT IT COACH
Retsupurae
Arrange Stream (japanese)

Head Abbot of the Shrine of Princess Kimball since 2006
GASP! A character sketch for me?! Thanks Marathon! :3

The first step is admitting you have a problem...come obsess with me ;_;

+Quote Post
CrowSama
post Feb 23 2012, 01:58 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (MasterHavik @ Feb 22 2012, 07:01 PM) *
Yeah. I'm just hoping Sakura, Hinata, and Tsuande are good. My characters are Shkiamaru, Sakura, Hinata. I might play Karin if she isn't ass tier like she was in Storm 2. If not my last spot goes to Tsunade.

My main cell for taking down anyone is a combination between Ino, Guy (Or Lee), and either Tenten, Kankuro, Sasori, or another good long-ranger. Ino has incredibly decent attacks, and while she's not super powerful her defense is not perfect either. This makes her a great Balance Type. Guy and Lee are close-combat types, and they are the strongest. Both of them are super-powerful at close-combat, and have attacks that can also put distance between oneself and the opponent. Both of them are good attack types. Tenten, Kankuro, and Sasori are my top pics for long-range combat. Tenten uses weapons, and fires them from a scroll or leaves an explosive trap. While this can lead to the enemy substituting in behind her, with Guy or Lee as a support character she can launch another attack to where the foe lands once blown back. Same basic principal with Kankuro and Sasori. Between those guys, I can beat any opponent.

QUOTE (Mezoroth @ Feb 22 2012, 07:17 PM) *
I like this idea of past versions with currents. I was mostly a Gekitou Ninja Taisen (the GameCube series by Tomy) but I always liked what the Ultimate series did.

It's a fairly interesting concept what they're doing. And I think they're doing it now because it's getting close to the end of the series. The war is going to start, and the battle between Sasuke and Naruto is going to start as well. This is probably going to be the second-to-last console title we see from this franchise.

I heard about the Clash of Ninja series for the GC. I played one of those games that was released for the Wii, but it just wasn't doing it for me.

+Quote Post
MasterHavik
post Feb 23 2012, 03:20 AM
Post #9

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (CrowSama @ Feb 22 2012, 07:58 PM) *
QUOTE (MasterHavik @ Feb 22 2012, 07:01 PM) *

My main cell for taking down anyone is a combination between Ino, Guy (Or Lee), and either Tenten, Kankuro, Sasori, or another good long-ranger. Ino has incredibly decent attacks, and while she's not super powerful her defense is not perfect either. This makes her a great Balance Type. Guy and Lee are close-combat types, and they are the strongest. Both of them are super-powerful at close-combat, and have attacks that can also put distance between oneself and the opponent. Both of them are good attack types. Tenten, Kankuro, and Sasori are my top pics for long-range combat. Tenten uses weapons, and fires them from a scroll or leaves an explosive trap. While this can lead to the enemy substituting in behind her, with Guy or Lee as a support character she can launch another attack to where the foe lands once blown back. Same basic principal with Kankuro and Sasori. Between those guys, I can beat any opponent.
not bad. Ino was a monster in Storm 1. She kick so much ass in that game. She has the chance to be good again if they give her better specials that track. Solid combo chains/normals would be good too.

I don't give a fuck.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 07:33 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.