Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

I found this shit randomly. I had forgotten this existed, but I think I watched it on TV when I was four or something. Is it messed up that I looked for fanfiction after watching five minutes of this show? XD This show ties into TS a bit thematically with the jokes and premise. There's random gags about how stinking rich they are and even a Mandy prototype. There's also robots randomly. So I don't know if this takes place in the 80's version of the future or something. It's slightly confusing. Although, I love the the 80's pop aesthetic and music. I think pop music kind of peeked in the 80's before becoming intolerable.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TB74
post May 8 2013, 07:36 AM
Post #2

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 380
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Me + Kugimiya Rie :)
Favorite Anime: Maria-Sama ga Miteru
Favorite Comic: Philemon
Favorite Movie: The Big Lebowski
Favorite Book: The Complete Works of Howard Philips Lovecraft
Favorite Musician(s): Kalafina

Love how the platinum blonde girl looks like Cindy Lauper. I mean, she's got the same kind of voice, super-spray-net-volume hair, clothes and attitude. Etc. This character is obviously inspired by the pop star. And since she's in a band...

Mostly, can't pass over how much these girls look like the spies, in a way. With a Mandy on top of that... omg.gif

And the jokes are so ... well. smile.gif

"What a great idea! A hunk in the trunk!"
"I never leave home without him!"

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post May 9 2013, 05:07 AM
Post #3

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (TB74 @ May 8 2013, 02:36 AM) *
Love how the platinum blonde girl looks like Cindy Lauper. I mean, she's got the same kind of voice, super-spray-net-volume hair, clothes and attitude. Etc. This character is obviously inspired by the pop star. And since she's in a band...

Mostly, can't pass over how much these girls look like the spies, in a way. With a Mandy on top of that... omg.gif

I love the character designs. They're kind of like some weird 80's anime/cartoon hybrid. Jett's design with the huge hair is awesome.

Yeah, as can be expected, my favorite character is the Mandy prototype. XD But that goes for everything. There's even some anime with Mandys in it that I love watching. XD

And the jokes are so ... well. smile.gif

"What a great idea! A hunk in the trunk!"
"I never leave home without him!"

Great double or triple entendre right there. laugh.gif There was also more in the episode. Bianca told Pierce, "Your head is already shrunk." XD I also found a few slightly yuri moments as well. xd

Sadly, there's no interesting fanfiction or fanart to be had. At least where I looked. Disappointing. I need something new to read.

This also reminds me that I really wish that TS would do a ship-wrecked episode like that. Of course, the fact I did an entire fanart contest revolving around that idea should have been a hint. XD

+Quote Post
stephdumas
post May 11 2013, 12:14 PM
Post #4

Spy Chic V
Group Icon

Member No.: 10
Favorite Character:

Speaking of 1980s fashion, Beverly Hills Teens isn't my cup of tea either. I preferred Kidd Video.

Or how about that comedy skit "You Can't do that on Television".

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post May 11 2013, 04:17 PM
Post #5

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (stephdumas @ May 11 2013, 07:14 AM) *
Speaking of 1980s fashion, Beverly Hills Teens isn't my cup of tea either. I preferred Kidd Video.

Or how about that comedy skit "You Can't do that on Television".

Would have been better without the disgustingly hokey live action segment. XD Also there's a significant lack of animated female tail, but I like the fairy girl in aerobics workout clothes. Maybe she would make up for it. XD

The second one borrows a ton from Monty Python. Not that I need to point that out.

Edit: I think I'm going to go ahead and buy Beverly Hills Teens on DVD for 9.99 with my Amazon Prime trial. I'm that interested. XD I also really like Jem, so this should be up my alley anyways.

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post May 13 2013, 03:22 AM
Post #6

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Bought the 32 episode collection on Amazon for 9.99 with my Prime trial. XD I'll have more comments on the show Wednesday. Hopefully, I can femslash it. XD

+Quote Post
TB74
post May 13 2013, 07:44 PM
Post #7

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Syxx @ May 12 2013, 11:22 PM) *
Bought the 32 episode collection on Amazon for 9.99 with my Prime trial. XD I'll have more comments on the show Wednesday. Hopefully, I can femslash it. XD

Can't wait for Wednesday!

tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post May 16 2013, 06:42 AM
Post #8

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Well, I did find one moment that seemed rather femslashy/fanservicey. It doesn't happen for about 45 or so seconds after the start point I set, but it happens suddenly, so it's funnier that way. Xd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...7oxPx6LQ#t=209s

The entire episode is very much worth watching too. XD

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post May 18 2013, 04:36 AM
Post #9

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Yeah, I found more stuff. XD

How about group stripping, showering and nudity? Is that fanservicey or femslashy enough? Here I got it on the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...cpq54iQY#t=139s

Also notice how it sort of looks like Bianca is cupping her breast while she's talking to and looking at Larke for a bit. whistle.gif

I may take some screenshots of some other stuff later if anyone is interested. There's a couple really over the top swimsuit and ass shots from another episode.

As far as things not concering the animation, the girls call eachother bimbos a lot, especially Bianca. Pierce also referred to "getting lucky tonight" with a female character. And another female character was referred to as a "dynamite box." I have to think that still meant the same thing in 1987. XD

+Quote Post
TB74
post May 18 2013, 08:07 PM
Post #10

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Lovely! laugh.gif

Pretty good finds you got there, Syxx. The moment that girl surfaces from below was really fun!

Post any other excerpts as you like. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post May 20 2013, 05:46 PM
Post #11

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

OK, I have more! Will also take screenshots in the future for some of the fanservicey bits, but I'll get around to that later.

Extremely adorable and obvious femslashy scene here after the dramatic rescue. The two characters are adversaries, so that definitely adds to slashability of it all. My favorite scene in the show so far obviously. XD Bianca's expressions say everything here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...-GOd3FVM#t=282s

And I thought I would give two examples of the extremely edgy dialoge this show has at certain moments.

This joke I think tops just about anything I've heard in Totally Spies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...s-GOd3FVM#t=49s

And here's Bianca using the b-word. LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...9bByZxNE#t=307s

+Quote Post
DOA_Kasumi24
post Jan 28 2014, 02:43 AM
Post #12

Loser

Member No.: 656
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: Ashita no Nadja
Favorite Manga: Ah My Goddess
Favorite Comic: Empowered
Favorite Book: Nancy Drew
Favorite Musician(s): Adele, Ellie Goulding
Favorite Game: Nancy Drew, Professor Layton

OH MY GOD, thank you so much for finding this show!!! wub.gif I am a complete sucker for light-hearted, goofy and over-the-top shows like this. I love the character designs; it is a nice mix of anime and Western cartoons( the eyes are especially anime like). And I gotta say, I can't get enough of Bianca. she's like an awesome prototype Mandy mandygif.gif I want to order the series from Amazon as soon as I can wub.gif

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Jan 28 2014, 06:51 AM
Post #13

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (DOA_Kasumi24 @ Jan 27 2014, 08:43 PM) *
OH MY GOD, thank you so much for finding this show!!! wub.gif I am a complete sucker for light-hearted, goofy and over-the-top shows like this. I love the character designs; it is a nice mix of anime and Western cartoons( the eyes are especially anime like). And I gotta say, I can't get enough of Bianca. she's like an awesome prototype Mandy mandygif.gif I want to order the series from Amazon as soon as I can wub.gif

You're welcome, Kasumi-Chan! XD I know, the show is great. I have the entire thing on DVD now. My favorite characters are Bianca (dark haired and bitchy, doesn't get much better than that) and Jett, the rocker valley girl (she's hilarious and adorable). XD I also like shipping Bianca with Larke, the main good girl. XDD The weird, slightly futuristic vibe to it in addition to everyone being spoiled rich is a lot of fun. xd

Anyways, I'm super happy to see you back, Kasumi!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2018 - 05:26 AM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.