IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Totally Spies DVD Discussion (New US Season 1, 2 and 3 DVDs on the Way!)
akumashogun
post Dec 27 2013, 12:51 AM
Post #61

Loser

Group: Members
Member No.: 638
Favorite Character:

Hey I bought volume 2 of Beverly Hills Teens at the same time as the season set too (along with the series of Beetlejuice).

Still nothing new about a getting the season 2 problems fixed. We gotta start some kind of campaign. Not just to get the problem fixed, but it might get them to consider releasing seasons 4, 5,6 and the movie.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Dec 27 2013, 01:07 AM
Post #62

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

QUOTE (akumashogun @ Dec 26 2013, 06:51 PM) *
Hey I bought volume 2 of Beverly Hills Teens at the same time as the season set too (along with the series of Beetlejuice).

Still nothing new about a getting the season 2 problems fixed. We gotta start some kind of campaign. Not just to get the problem fixed, but it might get them to consider releasing seasons 4, 5,6 and the movie.

If you get something like that started, I'll definitely support it.

And thumbs up on Beverly Hills Teens. I'm actually trying to do a fanfic based on it. XD

+Quote Post
akumashogun
post Dec 27 2013, 03:37 AM
Post #63

Loser

Member No.: 638
Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Syxx @ Dec 26 2013, 05:07 PM) *

And thumbs up on Beverly Hills Teens. I'm actually trying to do a fanfic based on it. XD

Chronologically speaking, the characters from BHT could be as old as the Spies girls parents.

Yeah, could definitely see Bianca as Mandy's aunt.

Or, you know, time travel. WOOHP has it.

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Dec 27 2013, 03:54 AM
Post #64

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (akumashogun @ Dec 26 2013, 09:37 PM) *
QUOTE (Syxx @ Dec 26 2013, 05:07 PM) *

Chronologically speaking, the characters from BHT could be as old as the Spies girls parents.

Yeah, could definitely see Bianca as Mandy's aunt.

Or, you know, time travel. WOOHP has it.

Doesn't Beverly Hills Teens take place in the future? Well, a weird 80's version of the future, but that seems to be the case I think with all the robots and everything. XD

Mandy I think is probably influenced principally by two characters, Bianca and Alexandra from Josie and the Pussycats.

+Quote Post
Pira
post Jan 7 2014, 07:04 AM
Post #65

Loser

Member No.: 648
Favorite Character:

Thanks for showing me the image of the box set! biggrin.gif

Hmm, I see...wow, so it's almost feels like it's worth getting both versions of the seasons (being that I love the artwork for the individual seasons). aaaah, this is so hard to figure out! Thanks again though, it's just fantastic we have those sets and don't have to always use fan uploads and stuff.

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Jan 7 2014, 07:09 AM
Post #66

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Pira @ Jan 7 2014, 01:04 AM) *
Thanks for showing me the image of the box set! biggrin.gif

Hmm, I see...wow, so it's almost feels like it's worth getting both versions of the seasons (being that I love the artwork for the individual seasons). aaaah, this is so hard to figure out! Thanks again though, it's just fantastic we have those sets and don't have to always use fan uploads and stuff.

You're very welcome! ^ ^ I'm very happy about having the DVDs too. Most of the episodes online are bad quality TV recordings, so it's super nice to see them in such high quality on my own TV.

+Quote Post
T C
post Jan 27 2014, 04:19 PM
Post #67

Lackey

Member No.: 568
Favorite Character:

I just checked and it seems I'm experiencing the missing audio on the two episodes as well. And it's not a small tiny segment of missing audio either, it's like the entire minute or more of the end of the episode missing :-/

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Jan 27 2014, 05:38 PM
Post #68

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (T C @ Jan 27 2014, 10:19 AM) *
I just checked and it seems I'm experiencing the missing audio on the two episodes as well. And it's not a small tiny segment of missing audio either, it's like the entire minute or more of the end of the episode missing :-/

Thankfully, it was only Season 2, since I already had DVDs for it. Maybe they'll fix it eventually. O__O

+Quote Post
Pira
post Feb 11 2014, 08:02 PM
Post #69

Loser

Favorite Character:

About season 2. I actually just brought it, but what's the main difference between having the current Season 2 set compared to the older Season 2 set? I recently just found it and it's going pretty cheap right now, and reading about the audio issues in the current set makes me want to get that Season 2 set now...

Any real differences? I'm guessing the menus will be at the very least, but is there any extras in the older set?

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Feb 11 2014, 08:28 PM
Post #70

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Pira @ Feb 11 2014, 02:02 PM) *
About season 2. I actually just brought it, but what's the main difference between having the current Season 2 set compared to the older Season 2 set? I recently just found it and it's going pretty cheap right now, and reading about the audio issues in the current set makes me want to get that Season 2 set now...

Any real differences? I'm guessing the menus will be at the very least, but is there any extras in the older set?

It has a French audio option but with no English subtitles. I also think the video quality isn't as good. It's definitely more compressed. So you get digital motion artifacts when stuff is moving fast on the screen. It also looks softer. Not extremely softer, but it's noticeable. The new DVDs appear to be a lot closer to what the video masters probably look like with a much cleaner and sharper presentation.

My opinion, stick with the newer DVDs and watch the bit of missing audio on YouTube. The older DVDs were great when there was nothing else available and were an improvement over the SD broadcast version, but I think they're kind of obsolete now.

Edit: And I just did a comparison with Starstuck on both DVDs to reenforce the above conclusion.

+Quote Post
Pira
post Feb 11 2014, 09:03 PM
Post #71

Loser

Favorite Character:

Got it, just brought Wild Style also so feeling pretty good about my purhases now! smile.gif

By the way, WOW your fast in replies!

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Feb 12 2014, 12:18 AM
Post #72

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Pira @ Feb 11 2014, 03:03 PM) *
Got it, just brought Wild Style also so feeling pretty good about my purhases now! smile.gif

By the way, WOW your fast in replies!

You're welcome! If you need anything else, please ask. ^ ^

+Quote Post
KendallMGfan
post Feb 19 2014, 04:16 AM
Post #73

Wannabe

Member No.: 664
Favorite Character:

Sad to hear that Season 2 has an audio glitch on two episodes. Luckily I already have the Canadian Season 2 DVDs. Thankfully the price has gone down quite a bit on Amazon and Barnes and Noble so I am so adding these to my collection.

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Feb 19 2014, 04:24 AM
Post #74

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

I'd still go with the new DVDs over the Canadian release. The picture quality is definitely superior. Hopefully, they fix this at some point though.

+Quote Post
KendallMGfan
post Feb 19 2014, 07:41 AM
Post #75

Wannabe

Member No.: 664
Favorite Character:

This glitch actually doesn't surprise me all that much. This is an Indie company and they have had issues with dvd sets in the past such as Bobobo and Zatch Bell. I hope the new Winx Club DvDs are decent.

+Quote Post
Mezoroth
post Feb 21 2014, 02:07 AM
Post #76

Dangerously close to doing "The Voice"
Group Icon

Member No.: 15
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Them Luxe Cousins, or Mandy and Yvette lol
Favorite Anime: Geass, Bamboo Blades, Sailah Moonz
Favorite Manga: Hajime Ippo, Bamboo Blades
Favorite Comic: Empowered, Deadpool & Cable, Dylan Dog
Favorite Book: Zombie Survival Guide
Favorite Game: GTA, SF, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon, Yakuzas

I actually got my season 3 DVDs last week. So far so good. Enthralled that it's SEASON 3 ON DVD.
Figure keep my season 2 Canadian discs over the new releases. Even if picture quality better, that dual language is more my speed.
Big thanks to those that took the chance a few months ago with the big set. Hopefully you've gotten any issues fixed, but the reviews/reports from you guys saved me some dosh.

GOT IT COACH
Retsupurae
Arrange Stream (japanese)

Head Abbot of the Shrine of Princess Kimball since 2006
GASP! A character sketch for me?! Thanks Marathon! :3

The first step is admitting you have a problem...come obsess with me ;_;

+Quote Post
brassair
post Mar 9 2014, 11:44 PM
Post #77

Wannabe

Member No.: 660
Favorite Character:

Just got my set and I enjoying watching them. Even though my sister said I've seen them a thousand times it was quite a while ago.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2018 - 03:53 AM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.