Kira Yamato
post Jul 20 2015, 02:57 PM
Post #1

The Spetacular Resident Forum Bishounen Physicist
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 11
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Yuri count as a favorite pairing too, right?
Favorite Anime: Too many to list...
Favorite Manga: Yet again, too many to list...
Favorite Movie: Can't accurately count them...
Favorite Book: Sein und Zeit, Metaphysik, Summa Theologiae
Favorite Musician(s): Beethoven, Richard Wagner, Anton Bruckner
Favorite Game: Desurete, Bandori, BGHS, and Kancolle

After the poor performance obtained with AGE and Reconguista in G, Sunrise strikes again announcing another addition to its Gundam franchise.

Kidou Senshi Gundam Tekketsu no Orphans (Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans) tells the story of a group of orphans who fight together in order to survive in a post apocalyptic world which was devastated roughly 300 years before, during a great conflict known as The Calamity War.

The official announcement:

The series will be aired in October 2015. Hopefully Tekketsu no Orphans shall be much more original and interesting series, avoiding the failures archived by the last releases.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jul 20 2015, 04:03 PM
Post #2

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

I don't know onii-chan, I was kind of hoping for a moe series starring Sayla Mass.

Still, thanks for posting the preview and series announcement!

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Jul 21 2015, 07:23 AM
Post #3

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

I still wonder why so many Gundam series have to be "shounen". That is...a rag-tag group of boys (or just one boy)...that make everyone else look weak. They pilot giant mecha for crying out loud, why the same stereotypes over and over?

The main character, his face reminds me of...Attack on Titan. Something about it's artstyle always bothered me for some reason (not the reason I didn't watch it though)...so that's not helping anything.

Still, I was thinking about getting back into collecting Gunpla again, might buy some of these just for fun. Some pretty cool mecha designs so far.

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jul 21 2015, 07:48 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Jul 21 2015, 02:23 AM) *
I still wonder why so many Gundam series have to be "shounen". That is...a rag-tag group of boys (or just one boy)...that make everyone else look weak. They pilot giant mecha for crying out loud, why the same stereotypes over and over?

The main character, his face reminds me of...Attack on Titan. Something about it's artstyle always bothered me for some reason (not the reason I didn't watch it though)...so that's not helping anything.

Still, I was thinking about getting back into collecting Gunpla again, might buy some of these just for fun. Some pretty cool mecha designs so far.

Because it's a shounen series. laugh.gif I don't really agree with this idea that shows featuring boys make girls look weak. Could a Gundam series have a female main character? I guess, but you could also actually watch one of the gazillion other anime with female main characters too.

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Jul 22 2015, 09:10 AM
Post #5

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Syxx @ Jul 21 2015, 12:48 AM) *
QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Jul 21 2015, 02:23 AM) *

Because it's a shounen series. laugh.gif I don't really agree with this idea that shows featuring boys make girls look weak. Could a Gundam series have a female main character? I guess, but you could also actually watch one of the gazillion other anime with female main characters too.

But why is Gundam always "shounen"? It doesn't always fit.

I never said anything about making girls look weak. I said EVERYONE else, that includes grown men, because they are often chumps compared to the prodigy boys. That's one of the blights of shounen, the prodigy boys are typically better than everyone else. Screw experience, hard work, and training! Latent talent for the win...

Do any of those gazillion anime with female leads feature them piloting giant robots??
And I didn't just say the main character, I meant main characters. Several Gundam series have the shounen 5. Gundam Wing and G Gundam do (I love them by the way, just sayin') as well as some of the others. There's always a girl or two who seems like she'll be awesome and fight alongside them but it never happens. G Gundam teased really hard with this.

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Jul 22 2015, 04:17 PM
Post #6

The Spetacular Resident Forum Bishounen Physicist
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 11
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Yuri count as a favorite pairing too, right?
Favorite Anime: Too many to list...
Favorite Manga: Yet again, too many to list...
Favorite Movie: Can't accurately count them...
Favorite Book: Sein und Zeit, Metaphysik, Summa Theologiae
Favorite Musician(s): Beethoven, Richard Wagner, Anton Bruckner
Favorite Game: Desurete, Bandori, BGHS, and Kancolle

QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Jul 22 2015, 10:10 AM) *
But why is Gundam always "shounen"? It doesn't always fit.

I never said anything about making girls look weak. I said EVERYONE else, that includes grown men, because they are often chumps compared to the prodigy boys. That's one of the blights of shounen, the prodigy boys are typically better than everyone else. Screw experience, hard work, and training! Latent talent for the win...

Do any of those gazillion anime with female leads feature them piloting giant robots??
And I didn't just say the main character, I meant main characters. Several Gundam series have the shounen 5. Gundam Wing and G Gundam do (I love them by the way, just sayin') as well as some of the others. There's always a girl or two who seems like she'll be awesome and fight alongside them but it never happens. G Gundam teased really hard with this.

Very recently Sunrise tried to produce a more general show, in which the female cast could play a more prominent role: Reconguista in G. Aida Surgan and Raraiya Akuparl were initially intended to be skilled pilots, on par of beings like Klim Nick and (maybe) Captain Mask. It didn't work well. The series exhibited signs of rejection from Japanese viewers in its early stages, demanding the staff responsible for Reconguista in G (especially Gundam's "God", Yoshiyuki Tomino) to push Bellri Zenam for high levels of competence, making him a powerful (but inexperienced) Newtype and overshadowing the female cast.

On the other hand, it is fruitful to recall that even in the most "standard" Gundam series some female characters often obtained an important role as the story went on. A good example is Lacus Clyne from Gundam Seed: She started as the typical "pink princess" to become a highly skilled and intelligent politician. Indeed she was partially responsible for the end of the First Bloody Valentine War. Therefore one can say that, depending on the show, the female characters may even play a crucial role for the development of the story. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jul 22 2015, 09:03 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Sakura Wars, Iczer One, Gunbuster, Patlabor, Cross Ange, Kanazuki No Miko, etc. This is the problem when you stick with CN anime.

Several Gundam series have the shounen 5. Gundam Wing and G Gundam do (I love them by the way, just sayin') as well as some of the others.

These aren't even connected to the UC timeline. They're pretty much spin-offs closer to Super Robo Shows like Mazinger Z.

I said EVERYONE else, that includes grown men, because they are often chumps compared to the prodigy boys.

I think you're ignoring big plot elements here. The best pilots are usually newtypes. Amuro Ray is one. Mobile suits are designed to be piloted intuitively. So it makes sense that a young psychic would be a natural at piloting the Gundam.

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Jul 23 2015, 11:28 AM
Post #8

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

@Kira Yamato: I haven't heard much about Reconguista, but...it really just goes to "lol newtype boy is better than everyone else" instead of trying something different as it was originally planned?? Yikes.

Well, I know there's lots of cool, relevant, and important females in Gundam series that change over the course of the series and have a big impact on events and such. Relena Peacecraft from Gundam Wing is a favorite of mine. The female Zeon pilot from 08th MS team was cool too, but overall she's not that important to the overall story. (most of the main characters in 08th MS team aren't...) I just want some of them to be badass mecha pilots...Gundam is typically about politics and war, but GIANT ROBOTS ARE COOL and they know this. Share the cool, lol.

QUOTE (Syxx @ Jul 22 2015, 02:03 PM) *
Sakura Wars, Iczer One, Gunbuster, Patlabor, Cross Ange, Kanazuki No Miko, etc. This is the problem when you stick with CN anime.

I'll look into those sometime then, lol.

Cartoon Network hasn't shown Gundam in like a decade, lol.
It actually had one of the coolest Gundam series, one of the only UC series I saw all the way through. 08th MS Team. It was more grounded but it wasn't super dark and trigger-happy to its characters later on. The main character was a little better in combat than his comrades, but it was more from his creative thinking and unconventional techniques, not just "I'm born better than you" like the Newtypes. There was a woman amongst his team too, she got about as much screentime and relevance and usefulness in battle as her male teammates too.

These aren't even connected to the UC timeline. They're pretty much spin-offs closer to Super Robo Shows like Mazinger Z.

But the UC series are mostly the same. It's just one kid being better than everyone instead of five kids being better than everyone.

I think you're ignoring big plot elements here. The best pilots are usually newtypes. Amuro Ray is one. Mobile suits are designed to be piloted intuitively. So it makes sense that a young psychic would be a natural at piloting the Gundam.

Newtypes are boring. It's like being a Jedi or a Saiyan, better than everyone else based on your birth.

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jul 23 2015, 11:46 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Cartoon Network hasn't shown Gundam in like a decade, lol.
It actually had one of the coolest Gundam series, one of the only UC series I saw all the way through. 08th MS Team. It was more grounded but it wasn't super dark and trigger-happy to its characters later on. The main character was a little better in combat than his comrades, but it was more from his creative thinking and unconventional techniques, not just "I'm born better than you" like the Newtypes. There was a woman amongst his team too, she got about as much screentime and relevance and usefulness in battle as her male teammates too.

I hate 08th MS Team. Gundam isn't supposed to be grounded. The three elements it's supposed to have are grand scale scifi, comic book style mecha combat and political intrigue.

But the UC series are mostly the same. It's just one kid being better than everyone instead of five kids being better than everyone.

That's not a proper description of it at all.

Newtypes are boring. It's like being a Jedi or a Saiyan, better than everyone else based on your birth.

It's not like that. It's about the evolution of mankind due to being in space. And your way is boring. lol

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Jul 24 2015, 07:43 AM
Post #10

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Syxx @ Jul 23 2015, 04:46 AM) *
I hate 08th MS Team. Gundam isn't supposed to be grounded. The three elements it's supposed to have are grand scale scifi, comic book style mecha combat and political intrigue.

It's a side-story. I think the war in the original Gundam is the bulk of UC, with...Gundam X being 2nd most important? I'm not sure. Things like 08th MS Team, War in the Pocket, and...(no, not Stardust Memory, I think that's a bigger deal than a sidestory?) are still relevant to stuff, but the protagonists aren't exactly key players in the war and politics. And I really like that. Gundams and the universe from a different perspective.

That's not a proper description of it at all.

From what I've seen and heard, that's ultimately what it comes down to in terms of combat ability. Little prodigy boy, after a few fights, is beyond everyone else except Char / Char derivatives.

It's not like that. It's about the evolution of mankind due to being in space. And your way is boring. lol

You make it sound like mutants in X-Men, lol. What is my way, and how is it boring?

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jul 24 2015, 08:52 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

It's a side-story. I think the war in the original Gundam is the bulk of UC, with...Gundam X being 2nd most important? I'm not sure. Things like 08th MS Team, War in the Pocket, and...(no, not Stardust Memory, I think that's a bigger deal than a sidestory?) are still relevant to stuff, but the protagonists aren't exactly key players in the war and politics. And I really like that. Gundams and the universe from a different perspective.

It didn't cut the mustard for me. It didn't feel like a Tomino anime. It even has plot holes in regards to the time line if I'm right. It's overrated entry junk that was only popular because it was on Cartoon Network. Go watch Gundam Zeta if you want to see a real UC anime.

From what I've seen and heard, that's ultimately what it comes down to in terms of combat ability. Little prodigy boy, after a few fights, is beyond everyone else except Char / Char derivatives.

You're just looking for things to complain about. Amuro and Char are main characters. Of course they are focused on the most. I don't care about the shows that ripped off their story lines.

You make it sound like mutants in X-Men, lol. What is my way, and how is it boring?

X-Men didn't invent the idea. You're way is having everyone be normal and equal. It's boring. And there's plenty of important female characters including mobile suit pilots, you've only seen the stuff that's on CN.

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Jul 24 2015, 10:46 AM
Post #12

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Syxx @ Jul 24 2015, 01:52 AM) *
It didn't cut the mustard for me. It didn't feel like a Tomino anime. It even has plot holes in regards to the time line if I'm right. It's overrated entry junk that was only popular because it was on Cartoon Network. Go watch Gundam Zeta if you want to see a real UC anime.

Whatevs. For what it's worth, Gundam being on Cartoon Network is one of the only reasons the Gundam series has much popularity in the US. I think there was some Gundam model kits and such before Gundam Wing, but it was only in like specialty stores. After Gundam Wing they sold model kits at freaking Target, those were the days, lol.

I don't think I want "real" UC anime. Too serious from what I hear.

You're just looking for things to complain about. Amuro and Char are main characters. Of course they are focused on the most. I don't care about the shows that ripped off their story lines.

My point was that the main reason for them being so skilled is like "birthright lol" kind of thing. And someone being the main character is never a good reason for them to be better than everyone else.

X-Men didn't invent the idea. You're way is having everyone be normal and equal. It's boring. And there's plenty of important female characters including mobile suit pilots, you've only seen the stuff that's on CN.

I know. I was just making a reference. Still an X-Men X Gundam Crossover...hmm...(what? The X-men can defeat Sentinels...)
That's not my way Syxx. My way is for little girls to be better than everyone else.

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Jul 24 2015, 10:49 AM
Post #13

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Back on topic...
Found a link with lots of pictures of Gunpla and some art of the main character and his bro squad.

http://amiamiblog.com/amiamiblog/2015/7/16...ns-announcement

I think I really like the green "grunt" mech. It's those super high heels. Will probably pick one up.

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jul 24 2015, 07:18 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Whatevs. For what it's worth, Gundam being on Cartoon Network is one of the only reasons the Gundam series has much popularity in the US. I think there was some Gundam model kits and such before Gundam Wing, but it was only in like specialty stores. After Gundam Wing they sold model kits at freaking Target, those were the days, lol.

Horse hockey. Gundam was famous before CN. That's like saying CN made Eva. It's probably the most significant anime in history as far as changing the course from what was before.

I don't think I want "real" UC anime. Too serious from what I hear.

You're not entitled to an opinion for not having watched Zeta. Also, Gundam is scifi. It's not slice of life comedy.

My point was that the main reason for them being so skilled is like "birthright lol" kind of thing. And someone being the main character is never a good reason for them to be better than everyone else.

By the time Zeta rolled around, Amuro was kicked to the bumper. And I don't mean figuratively, it was a plot point. You don't know what you're talking about. And it's not like he destroyed the Death Star, that's not his storyline at all. His storyline is a tragedy on some level. There's nothing to do with a birthright. Yes, he was a skilled pilot and a newtype, so what?

That's not my way Syxx. My way is for little girls to be better than everyone else.

So you have double standards? You realize mahou shoujo is already a genre right? lol

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 09:15 AM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.