IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pokemon Generation 6! X and Y Revealed!, You're gonne love it.
CrowSama
post Jan 9 2013, 02:43 AM
Post #1

Love doesn't have to be scary...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 75
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Suzuna/Nozomi
Favorite Anime: Naruto, Pokemon, Bakugan
Favorite Manga: Strawberry Panic!
Favorite Comic: Yu+Me= Dream
Favorite Movie: House Bunny, Mean Girls, The Simpsons Movie
Favorite Book: The Host by Stephanie Meyer
Favorite Musician(s): deadmau5
Favorite Game: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

You heard me, 6th generation of Pokemon.

...Keep your pants on, I'm not done yet.

Missed a bit 'cause your mind was too busy being blown? Don't worry. I'll take it nice and slow so your imploded brain cells can keep up.

What's going to be cool about this set of games is several things, but I'd like to start with the release date. In addition to being the first 3DS game for the main franchise, as well as the first main series game to be released that isn't a colored version, it will be the first game to share a global release date. In the past, Japan usually gets the games anywhere from 1-3 months in advance from other parts of the world. This time, they're promising a single release date for the entire world, meaning everyone gets it at the same time. Not only does this mean that there will be much less spoilers out by the time we get our hands on these games, but it means a whole global battling and trading community that will start off on the same page.

And yes, you heard me right. This game will be on the 3DS, which means if you're like me and haven't ponied up for one yet, you better. However, I would advise waiting on the console itself. My friends and I believe that (as they've done in the past with many pokemon games) they will release a special console with the game upon release, one that will usually come in a bundle. They did it with Ruby and Sapphire, and recently with Black and White versions of the DSi. These usually come with the specially designed console, a case available under no other circumstances, and one of the games.

Alright, enough with this fact crap. Let's get what you wanna see. The Pokemon.

Attached Image

This guy is your grass starter. You got water and ground types? This guy eats those for breakfast. One part hedgehog, one part mole, a billion parts awesome. Any questions? There better not be. Not too much is known about any of these guys.

Attached Image

See this thing? Frickin' right that's a Fennec Fox. Yeah, not just a regular fox, and it's your fire starter. This thing is gonna singe the grass off your lawn while your house burns to the ground, then afterwords be all cute and make you love it. You know you love it.

Attached Image

You're laughing right now, but wait until this guy blows you away with a water gun, 'cause this guy's your water starter. He may look goofy, but he's 2000% hardcore. Better hide your fire types, 'cause this guy is bringin' it.

Not enough for ya? Okay, let's talk LEGENDS.

Attached Image

Now I know your mind is still in pieces. This is a legend with no name, known only as "Y" because of the shape he represents. This guy looks like some kinda awesome vulture dragon cross, and if I had to guess some kind of either dark or fire type. Barely anything is known about the legends.

Attached Image

This guy is known as "X". I know. Those antlers. Too bad. This majestic bastard won't let you mount 'em on your wall. (What are you, Team Rocket? Have some class.) This one is projected to be some kind of psychic or steel type, and has up to now been compared to Arceus, the creator of all Pokemon introduced in Gen 4. (That's right. He's so majestic he's being comared to the Pokemon god.)

That's all anyone knows about the games. Nobody knows an exact release date, except for October of this year. More info is expected to come out before then, probably in the form of a movie. Pokemon Intl. has a habit of taking a previous gen movie and throwing a next gen Pokemon into it. Take for instance the Zoroark movie, that was a Gen 4 movie with 2 Gen 5 Pokemon in it. At least. That's what they've done since the beginning.

So help me if you don't keep your pants on I'm not gonna finish this post.

Keep your RSS feeds honed in on Pokemon's website and youtube page for more updates. Also keep an eye on Bulbapedia, they tend to get all sorts of little tidbits.

I'll update when new info comes out. Until then, try and catch 'em all.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jan 9 2013, 02:48 AM
Post #2

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

Thanks for all the info, Crow! That was a nice article. It's sad though I haven't moved beyond Red and Blue yet though. XD That video makes me want to get a 3DS though. lol

+Quote Post
CrowSama
post Jan 9 2013, 02:50 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Almost immediate update of speculation. According to the japanese game logos pictured below, they've got the trademark Double-Helix associated with Genetics and DNA. The "X" and "Y" could represent genetics and more biological stuff for this generation. These helixes are not seen in the American/English logos for the games.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jan 9 2013, 05:07 AM
Post #4

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

QUOTE (CrowSama @ Jan 8 2013, 08:50 PM) *
Almost immediate update of speculation. According to the japanese game logos pictured below, they've got the trademark Double-Helix associated with Genetics and DNA. The "X" and "Y" could represent genetics and more biological stuff for this generation. These helixes are not seen in the American/English logos for the games.

Attached Image

This is getting a little bizarre. xD Maybe it has to do with strange, ghastly genetic experiments on Pokemon. lol

+Quote Post
KodeBreaker
post Jan 9 2013, 11:50 PM
Post #5

We cry lethean tears
Group Icon

Group: Uber Mod
Member No.: 8
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Clover/Britney
Favorite Anime: Hellsing Ultimate
Favorite Manga: Dimension W
Favorite Book: Mr. Mercedes
Favorite Musician(s): KoRn
Favorite Album: The Serenity of Suffering

Other than the games finally being 3D, I'm not quite feeling this one. Yet.

Can't we just be selfish for one more day...

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Jan 10 2013, 01:17 PM
Post #6

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

I'm always excited for new Pokémon games!

My favorite starter so far is the Fire one, that Fennec fox, SO CUUUUUUUTE! But I always wait until I see all their forms to decide. And the last starter I used is Tepig (I don't like using the same type twice in a row)

I won't bother speculating on Legends types, not anymore. After the white winged fox that's a Fire Dragon, and the black hornet gargoyle that's an Electric Dragon, I just can't guess any more.

So, what will the third version be? Pokémon Z?

I need to get a 3DS soon, and get past my Pokémon back log (SoulSilver, Black, Black 2, Conquest, Ranger: Guardian Signs) Yikes.

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
CrowSama
post Jan 10 2013, 01:54 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

More information has been revealed. This actually came out yesterday, but I had to work last night otherwise I'd have put it up here.

The names of the Legendaries have been released. Pokemon Y is Yveltal (ee-VELL-tall) and Pokemon X is Xerneas (ZURR-neeE-us) It's not clear what types they are or any other information on them, but at least we have names.

Attached Image

Pardon me now I have to go berate Pokemon Company INTL. to make a Yveltal plush right now.

+Quote Post
CrowSama
post Jan 11 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

More news. Went out to get something at Gamestop and I was able to pre-order Pokemon Y for myself. They didn't mess with the version mascots this time, Pokemon Y has Yveltal and Pokemon X has Xerneas. You can pre-order these games now, though the release date is not until sometime in October this year.

+Quote Post
stephdumas
post Feb 18 2015, 03:02 AM
Post #9

Spy Chic V
Group Icon

Member No.: 10
Favorite Character:

Sorry for reviving this thread with an off-topic sidenote a06.gif I spotted this clip featuring various fanarts of Ash with Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, Serena with the song "the trouble with girls" from Scotty McCreary.

It's been a long while I didn't saw Pokemon. a06.gif I miss the old VA of Ash, Misty and Brock (Rachel Lillis, Veronica Taylor and Eric Stuart).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 07:32 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.