Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

Haven't been as excited about a game announcement in eons. And it's going to have 2D sprites! Seems Capcom is listening to fans again. Characters on my wish list (Morrigan and Chun-Li are given):

Cammy
Lilith
Q-Bee
Hsien-Koh
Karin
Elena
Dr. Strange
Dr. Octopus
The Lizard
Ultron
Psylocke
Susan Storm
maybe some other Marvel sexpots like White Queen, Ms. Marvel, Elektra, etc. XD

Info from the Cammy group on DA:

According to news site Event Hubs, Marvel vs Capcom 3 is all but confirmed and was shown at Capcom´s Captivate event in Hawaii. The game will apparently be playable at this year´s E3.

Here´s the known details so far:

• Confirmed characters so far are Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, Storm and a few others will return.

• The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 development team said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes on the disc.

• This will be another 2D fighter — gameplay-wise — but will be something of a cross between the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 4.

• The rumored release date is late 2010 or early 2011 on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, no plans right now for other systems.

• The game will run in 1080p resolution.

• It will be a disc-based release.

• Apparently the game will have unlockables again.

• Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be playable at this year's E3 which is held on June 15 - 17th.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
darksmelo
post Apr 19 2010, 07:46 PM
Post #2

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 16
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Mandy/Sam

I like Capcom for Resident Evil, and I like Marvel for Spiderman, but the way they seemed to make fun of us with the last game Spiderman on Ps2 makes me hate them. Really, Spiderman in 2D ???? It's ridiculeous, I like Spiderman for the way we can move in the sky, the way we have the impression to be in the air, the way he moves and how he is agile ect... In 2D it was ridiculeous... And you could have been the red Spiderman or the black... Only in speaking with people and responding gently or not... RIDICULOUS ! And then, no story, we understand nothing in it ! If you want a video of this incredible shit I bought 40€ ;

Since this, I prefer Capcom, I have the impression that they don't take their buyers for idiots.

I'm french I can make some mistakes ^^'

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Apr 19 2010, 08:55 PM
Post #3

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Milly x Kallen.
Favorite Anime: Noein
Favorite Musician(s): Fiat Lux, Jesper Kyd, Thomas Dolby
Favorite Album: Astronauts and Heretics.
Favorite Game: GTA: Vice City

The guy who started shilling this as official news a couple weeks back DID call the roster of SFIV perfectly, so the idea that something is coming seems pretty likely, as he probably has some source inside of Capcom. Or is just REALLY lucky.

QUOTE (darksmelo @ Apr 19 2010, 03:46 PM) *
Really, Spiderman in 2D ???? It's ridiculeous, I like Spiderman for the way we can move in the sky, the way we have the impression to be in the air, the way he moves and how he is agile ect... In 2D it was ridiculeous...

Part of the sheer kick-assness of the first "Spider-Man" for Playstation was that feeling of being able to do anything...in 3D. I've played through it a bunch of times (probably will again), because it really is a blast. Worth grabbing now if you can get it for cheap...and aren't one of those terrible graphics whores.

I also thought "Spider-Man 2" for PS2 was also sweet, but honestly, any time I spent having fun with it would be worth it, since I got it for free due to a BB cashier/system error.

Yeah, that's a rainbow unicorn. Big Woop. Wanna fight about it? My blog (which yeah, still has free music). But no rainbow unicorns. We need to fix that.

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Apr 19 2010, 09:37 PM
Post #4

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

I still think the best Spiderman game is (2D) Maximum Carnage. XD I wonder if I can still by the sound-track by Green Jelly. xd

The guy who started shilling this as official news a couple weeks back DID call the roster of SFIV perfectly, so the idea that something is coming seems pretty likely, as he probably has some source inside of Capcom. Or is just REALLY lucky.

I'm glad Marvel is licensing to Capcom again. A lot of the more recent Marvel games have just looked completely dull in comparison to Capcom's fighters.

One comment though, since they're using the Hulk, I hope they use new sprites or alter them or something. "Smart Hulk" hasn't been current in the Marvel universe since the mid-90's I think.

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Apr 19 2010, 11:50 PM
Post #5

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ Apr 19 2010, 05:37 PM) *
I still think the best Spiderman game is (2D) Maximum Carnage. XD I wonder if I can still by the sound-track by Green Jelly. xd

Somebody once called "Spider-Man: Lethal Foes" (Write up with pictures here) the best 2D Spider-Man game ever. The review I posted doesn't agree, but since the only way you're probably going to play it is through emulation (it's JDM only) it can't hurt to try it. The biggest problem is that it is in Japanese, so the storyline is going to be confusing unless you find a patched version, but you can probably make sense of how to at least play it despite the language barrier. This isn't the Slayers" RPG for SNES or anything.

And I want something like Marvel vs. Capcom vs. Tatsunoko vs. SNK. vs. Ninja Turtles vs. Sega vs. DC vs. MK vs. Anybody With A Goddamn Chip on Their Shoulder (this means you Reni Wassulmaier).

Yeah, that's a rainbow unicorn. Big Woop. Wanna fight about it? My blog (which yeah, still has free music). But no rainbow unicorns. We need to fix that.

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post Apr 20 2010, 06:49 AM
Post #6

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

I have only three characters on my wish list:

B.B. Hood
Deadpool
Viewtiful Joe

I will main this team forever and ever XD

+Quote Post
darksmelo
post Apr 20 2010, 12:11 PM
Post #7

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 16
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Mandy/Sam

The Spiderman you're talking about is better than the one I told you in 2D, and yes, the one you have talked about isn't ridiculous. But in the one I hate, we can't use the cobweb against villains, and I don't find the spiderman really agile. So, where is the pleasure to play at Spiderman if there isn't any differences with a game where a human is fighting without power... Even the deplacements in the air are ugly.
Not like this :

Here it's beautiful enough, the background isn't ugly, and it was some years before. In "Spiderman, webs of shadow" on PS2, we can't fight villains when we are on a wall. Really, it's not the same console, not the same year, and the better of theses spiderman in 2D is the one before. The time of the game is really short in plus.

I'm french I can make some mistakes ^^'

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Apr 20 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #8

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL!

Also feel free to play the: Who are the shadows? game.

I see Felicia, Captain America, Chun Li and Deadpool. So far.

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Apr 20 2010, 09:18 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Trillium @ Apr 20 2010, 08:59 PM) *
OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL!

Also feel free to play the: Who are the shadows? game.

The guy with the flashing thing above his eye is Cable, although they have his silhouette pointing in the wrong direction at some point. I also see Dr. Doom, Ibuki, and Magneto in different silhouettes. I guess the Ibuki could be Feclia, but they're both portrayed as crouching sometimes, but I go with Ibuki.

Anyways more news. Apparently the roster will be 30 charactrs, which isn't too bad. Bad news is it doesn't actually use sprites (but has 2D gameplay ala SF4(thank god)). I'm sure it will be a cool game though.

Captivate 2010: Marvel vs Capcom 3: Game Details and Artwork

More details on Marvel vs Capcom 3's gameplay and features has surfaced.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 will feature 3D characters on a 2D plane, like the Street Fighter 4 titles and Tatsunoko vs Capcom. It will not, however, use the graphics engine from those games. The game will use an "advanced version" of MT Framework, the same engine used in Lost Planet 2 and Resident Evil 5. Both titles are known for their stunning graphical detail.

"Each version of MT Framework gets better than the previous version," Marvel vs Capcom 3 producer Ryoto Niitsuma said. "A lot of key staff are involved with this game and they wanted to use the engine they are more comfortable with."

Chris Baker, manager of licensed games at Marvel Studios, called the title a "beautiful, beautiful game."

Capcom's Seth Killian says that the shaders that will be used on each character will make them visually distinct in motion.

"You could see him sitting in a comic book frame," Killian said, "and maybe one day you will."

Marvel vs Capcom 3 will also have a robust musical score. At least 100 pieces of music, including remixes of favorites from previous Marvel vs Capcom games, will be present along with original scores.

The game will feature around 30 characters. Niitsuma-san says that time constraints have led the team to settle on that number of characters, even though the game can support any number of characters.

New characters via DLC are certainly possible, although Capcom's Seth Killian states that there are no plans set in stone at this time.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 will also feature a strong storyline, unlike previous titles in the series. For a game that features Marvel characters who are popular because of compelling stories, this is a great improvement to strive for.

"It's important that game's have strong stories for Marvel," says Chris Baker. "With fighting games it's not as essential as an action game or role playing game but we are very much insisting there be some cohesive kind of story for this game."

Game Details:

Release Date: Spring 2011
Genre: Fighting
Platform: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

After a decade of waiting, iconic Marvel and Capcom characters join forces again in a re-envisioned team fighting game for a new generation. Fill the shoes of legendary characters from the most beloved franchises in entertainment as you battle in a living comic book brought to life in a VS. fighting game for the first time by Capcom’s MT Framework. Get set for the ultimate faceoff when Marvel vs. Capcom 3 hits Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in Spring 2011.

Features:
• Innovative graphics and gameplay bring the Marvel and Capcom Universes to life: Powered by an advanced version of MT Framework, the engine used in Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2, now comes to Marvel vs. Capcom 3, bringing beautiful backgrounds and character animations to the forefront.

• Evolved VS. Fighting System: Wild over-the-top gameplay complete with signature aerial combos, hyper combos and other original systems. The evolved battle system takes the exciting mind-reading game to a whole new level!

• 3-on-3 Tag Team Fighting: Players build their own perfect team and use Assist Attacks and each character’s special moves to create their own unique fighting style.

• Living Comic Book Art Style: See the most adored characters from the Capcom and Marvel universes brought to life in a “moving comic” style, blurring the boundaries between 2D and 3D graphics.

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post Apr 20 2010, 10:28 PM
Post #10

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

Woot, Deadpool all but confirmed. That's one down, two to go! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MikeV3jz
post Apr 23 2010, 08:45 PM
Post #11

RERORERORERO

Member No.: 67
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: Gundam Wing
Favorite Manga: Initial D
Favorite Movie: Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift
Favorite Book: magazines
Favorite Musician(s): Passion Pit
Favorite Album: all passion pit albums
Favorite Game: Spyro the dragon

I'm planning on getting this game,i wonder if Sheva will be in it?

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Apr 23 2010, 09:11 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (MikeV3jz @ Apr 23 2010, 09:45 PM) *
I'm planning on getting this game,i wonder if Sheva will be in it?

You mean Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, right? If so she's from Mortal Kombat which is owned by Warner Bros. (who I'm guessing bought out Midway). So yeah she's definitely not going to be in this game since she's not Capcom.

+Quote Post
MikeV3jz
post Apr 23 2010, 09:16 PM
Post #13

RERORERORERO

Member No.: 67
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: Gundam Wing
Favorite Manga: Initial D
Favorite Movie: Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift
Favorite Book: magazines
Favorite Musician(s): Passion Pit
Favorite Album: all passion pit albums
Favorite Game: Spyro the dragon

no Sheva from Resident Evil 5

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Apr 23 2010, 09:43 PM
Post #14

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

I want Phoenix Wright in this. There's a decent chance he might make it in, considering just how much the Internet wants him in. Mostly for the lulz.

+Quote Post
Mezoroth
post Apr 23 2010, 11:26 PM
Post #15

Dangerously close to doing "The Voice"
Group Icon

Member No.: 15
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Them Luxe Cousins, or Mandy and Yvette lol
Favorite Anime: Geass, Bamboo Blades, Sailah Moonz
Favorite Manga: Hajime Ippo, Bamboo Blades
Favorite Comic: Empowered, Deadpool & Cable, Dylan Dog
Favorite Book: Zombie Survival Guide
Favorite Game: GTA, SF, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon, Yakuzas

Also, Akubutts. But he was a given since he's a token scary challenger-boss in any fighter Capcom makes. But I think that's his firey-spikey doo in the left-center-top of the box graphic.

I want Phoenix Wright in this. There's a decent chance he might make it in, considering just how much the Internet wants him in. Mostly for the lulz.

Well in the first MVC they had a random set of striker characters (before you used fellow team members for strike attacks) with a smattering of obscure and fan fav. characters. Arthur from Ghouls n Ghosts was one of such, so maybe they'll bring back some random striker function, which would suit Wright fine. Though the constant OBJECTION!! spamming would be pretty broken. XD
Also, Capcom puts out the GTA series in the Japan (I've seen a Japanese promo for Liberty and Vice City Stories that opens with Cap's logo), so maybe a Tommy Fuck Yeah! Vercetti striker? Hey, Solid Snake was in Smash Bros. It could happen.

Trying to think of who I'd want in...so long as we get MegaMan or Zero (thank god they got the right Zero for Tatsunoko v Capcom. BTW, anyone with a Wii? Go play it. Now. It's domestic now, you have no excuse tongue.gif) I'll be good. I'm not to familiar with Capcom's line up past SF, MM, and a few other games like Final Fight etc.
It's the sad realization that the only characters I'd want in this game (umm, see if you can guess, considering what this forum/site is for) have no affiliation with either Marvel or Cap.
Marathon vs. Capcom? Maybe if France becomes super kawaii-desu cool one day, it may happen...

!
Actually wait. Holy shit. Remember how Disney and Marvel are the same company now? ohmy.gif What if Disney balls Capcom into putting some of their doods in by holding the Marvel rights hostage? Wanna put Donald Duck on yo team, boy? laugh.gif
Also, in before "but they could put Shego in it, and that would be hawt!", because it would be.

GOT IT COACH
Retsupurae
Arrange Stream (japanese)

Head Abbot of the Shrine of Princess Kimball since 2006
GASP! A character sketch for me?! Thanks Marathon! :3

The first step is admitting you have a problem...come obsess with me ;_;

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Apr 24 2010, 12:10 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Mezoroth @ Apr 24 2010, 12:26 AM) *

Also, Akubutts. But he was a given since he's a token scary challenger-boss in any fighter Capcom makes. But I think that's his firey-spikey doo in the left-center-top of the box graphic.

Well in the first MVC they had a random set of striker characters (before you used fellow team members for strike attacks) with a smattering of obscure and fan fav. characters. Arthur from Ghouls n Ghosts was one of such, so maybe they'll bring back some random striker function, which would suit Wright fine. Though the constant OBJECTION!! spamming would be pretty broken. XD
Also, Capcom puts out the GTA series in the Japan (I've seen a Japanese promo for Liberty and Vice City Stories that opens with Cap's logo), so maybe a Tommy Fuck Yeah! Vercetti striker? Hey, Solid Snake was in Smash Bros. It could happen.

Trying to think of who I'd want in...so long as we get MegaMan or Zero (thank god they got the right Zero for Tatsunoko v Capcom. BTW, anyone with a Wii? Go play it. Now. It's domestic now, you have no excuse tongue.gif) I'll be good. I'm not to familiar with Capcom's line up past SF, MM, and a few other games like Final Fight etc.
It's the sad realization that the only characters I'd want in this game (umm, see if you can guess, considering what this forum/site is for) have no affiliation with either Marvel or Cap.
Marathon vs. Capcom? Maybe if France becomes super kawaii-desu cool one day, it may happen...

!
Actually wait. Holy shit. Remember how Disney and Marvel are the same company now? ohmy.gif What if Disney balls Capcom into putting some of their doods in by holding the Marvel rights hostage? Wanna put Donald Duck on yo team, boy? laugh.gif
Also, in before "but they could put Shego in it, and that would be hawt!", because it would be.

Actually Megaman is pretty boring to me. They should go more left-field and bring out Pharaoh Man or Wood Man or someone like that.

And I think they should maybe just make a big game with all the female hotties from Capcom, SNK, and maybe a few other characters. XD I know it's my one track mind again, but I think it would be fun. If not Capcom really needs to dump the "female life bar" and other things that make the female characters weaker than their male counterparts in recent games.

+Quote Post
Mezoroth
post Apr 24 2010, 12:57 AM
Post #17

Dangerously close to doing "The Voice"
Group Icon

Member No.: 15
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Them Luxe Cousins, or Mandy and Yvette lol
Favorite Anime: Geass, Bamboo Blades, Sailah Moonz
Favorite Manga: Hajime Ippo, Bamboo Blades
Favorite Comic: Empowered, Deadpool & Cable, Dylan Dog
Favorite Book: Zombie Survival Guide
Favorite Game: GTA, SF, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon, Yakuzas

If not Capcom really needs to dump the "female life bar" and other things that make the female characters weaker than their male counterparts in recent games.

This is one of the first lols that came with MegaMan9. "Hey! There's finally a female Robot Master! Hey! She takes less hits to kill than any of the other bosses!" Kinda takes the punch out of the shattering of the Robot Master glass ceiling.

GOT IT COACH
Retsupurae
Arrange Stream (japanese)

Head Abbot of the Shrine of Princess Kimball since 2006
GASP! A character sketch for me?! Thanks Marathon! :3

The first step is admitting you have a problem...come obsess with me ;_;

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Apr 24 2010, 01:52 AM
Post #18

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Mezoroth @ Apr 23 2010, 07:26 PM) *

It's either him or Dormammu. The internet is debating this as we speak.

Also top of left side is Super Skrull.

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Apr 24 2010, 02:07 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Trillium @ Apr 24 2010, 01:52 AM) *
QUOTE (Mezoroth @ Apr 23 2010, 07:26 PM) *

It's either him or Dormammu. The internet is debating this as we speak.

Also top of left side is Super Skrull.

I'd say Akuma. And I agree about Super Skrull, which is a pretty cool choice btw. He better be in the final game.

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Apr 25 2010, 12:37 AM
Post #20

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ Apr 23 2010, 10:07 PM) *
I'd say Akuma. And I agree about Super Skrull, which is a pretty cool choice btw. He better be in the final game.

The third option for flaming head guy is "Ghost Rider", but I don't see that. I think I've figured out most of the shadows except for the female one behind Deadpool. The unmentioned on left hand side is probably (from top to bottom) Dr. Doom, Dante and Frank West, whose moveset I wondered about.

...Holy shit this is amazing. Especially that shopping cart.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 07:35 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.