IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ideas for the next fanart contest? May announce it soon.
Ghidra
post Jul 12 2015, 06:04 AM
Post #1

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

Going to put out the last contest's results tomorrow, but what should we do for the next fanart contest?

I think I want to do another swimsuit contest, but how about we add yuri to it somehow? XD Maybe a beach date or lovers tropical vacation contest or something? Good idea?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Jul 12 2015, 07:28 AM
Post #2

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

How about a conveniently censored nudity theme. That is, everyone has to be naked, but certain body parts have to be obscured by something, not a censor bar or anything...

Well, actually, your idea would allow nudity (like my hula girl picture, lol), so whatevs. Maybe I just want everyone to draw naked people.

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
NinjaNick101
post Jul 12 2015, 08:52 AM
Post #3

Ninja
Group Icon

Member No.: 198
Favorite Character:

I'm up for a swimsuit contest or a nude beach contest.

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Jul 12 2015, 10:53 AM
Post #4

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (NinjaNick101 @ Jul 12 2015, 01:52 AM) *
I'm up for a swimsuit contest or a nude beach contest.

Nude beach. Such a better way to describe what I was going for, and makes more sense and is less random too, lol.

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
stephdumas
post Jul 12 2015, 11:57 AM
Post #5

Spy Chic V
Group Icon

Member No.: 10
Favorite Character:

I'll go with the swimsuit contest.

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Jul 12 2015, 02:46 PM
Post #6

The Spetacular Resident Forum Bishounen Physicist
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 11
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Yuri count as a favorite pairing too, right?
Favorite Anime: Too many to list...
Favorite Manga: Yet again, too many to list...
Favorite Movie: Can't accurately count them...
Favorite Book: Sein und Zeit, Metaphysik, Summa Theologiae
Favorite Musician(s): Beethoven, Richard Wagner, Anton Bruckner
Favorite Game: Desurete, Bandori, BGHS, and Kancolle

The idea concerning a swimsuit contest seems to be a nice one. On the other hand, if I can give a few suggestions I would go with something in the following directions:

1. Bloomers contest - I believe most ecchi/moe artists are aware that bloomers are an essential approach to draw spicy, sexy pictures. Why not considering them into a contest? I would love to see how the spies as well as Mandy would look wearing these. lol

2. Monster Girl contest - Since I'm following Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou I started to think that it would be awesome drawing the spies as "monster girls". I wonder how Sammie would look like when depicted as an elf, or maybe a lamia! I know this idea is crazy, but it is fun as well! XD

Anyway, another approach for a swimsuit contest would be considering as it is done in Bikini Warriors:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Well... I'm sorry if my ideas are stupid. tongue.gif I'm not that creative. lol

+Quote Post
NinjaNick101
post Jul 12 2015, 07:33 PM
Post #7

Ninja
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Maybe a spy vs. villain catfight. The place to fight is up to you.

+Quote Post
KatiraMoon
post Jul 12 2015, 08:20 PM
Post #8

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 29
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Mandy/Alex
Favorite Musician(s): Lady Gaga, One Republic, Sia.
Favorite Game: Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim.

new contest, awesome. <3
beach or swimsuit theme sound good.

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Jul 13 2015, 07:09 AM
Post #9

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Kira Yamato @ Jul 12 2015, 07:46 AM) *
The idea concerning a swimsuit contest seems to be a nice one. On the other hand, if I can give a few suggestions I would go with something in the following directions:

1. Bloomers contest - I believe most ecchi/moe artists are aware that bloomers are an essential approach to draw spicy, sexy pictures. Why not considering them into a contest? I would love to see how the spies as well as Mandy would look wearing these. lol

2. Monster Girl contest - Since I'm following Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou I started to think that it would be awesome drawing the spies as "monster girls". I wonder how Sammie would look like when depicted as an elf, or maybe a lamia! I know this idea is crazy, but it is fun as well! XD

Anyway, another approach for a swimsuit contest would be considering as it is done in Bikini Warriors:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Well... I'm sorry if my ideas are stupid. tongue.gif I'm not that creative. lol

A monster girl contest was actually proposed years ago, around Halloween. But we never got around to it because a summer contest took too long (my fault, naturally). Would love to have a monster girl contest some time.

I just discovered Bikini Warriors a few days ago. Like the outfits but I don't like what I hear about it. Still, a "bikini armor" contest would be fun!

QUOTE (NinjaNick101 @ Jul 12 2015, 12:33 PM) *
Maybe a spy vs. villain catfight. The place to fight is up to you.

Up to me? I guess that means they'd fight on a nudist beach...

I mean, who wouldn't want to see Clover and Mandy having a catfight, pulling each other's hair and stuff, both of them naked!?

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
TB74
post Jul 13 2015, 08:11 PM
Post #10

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Member No.: 380
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Me + Kugimiya Rie :)
Favorite Anime: Maria-Sama ga Miteru
Favorite Comic: Philemon
Favorite Movie: The Big Lebowski
Favorite Book: The Complete Works of Howard Philips Lovecraft
Favorite Musician(s): Kalafina
Favorite Game: Sunless Sea

A few random ideas:

- The Spies in dresses! Sexy, classy dresses, I mean. Alex, Clover and Sam are on a mission, and they need to seduce a villain/villainess or some other character during a party held at some rich person's mansion. So they bring out the big guns: dresses that leave the entire back naked, others that stop just bellow the buttocks, some that show a nice cleavage, etc. As long as they're meant to seduce yet remain classy, anything goes!

- The Spies caught pants down, literally! Some character actually walks in on one or more Spies as she's/they're changing! Would allow for that "creatively censored" nudity mentioned by Stasis. I certainly can imagine Clover looking over her shoulder with suggestively seductive eyes as Alex accidentally walks on her while she's dropping her skirt down her legs. Or a distressed Mandy covering her naked breasts with her arm and her privates with a skirt as a blushing and confused Sam tries (but fails) to turn her eyes away.

- Smooch. Draw one of the Spies as she's kissing another character. Close shot or not, super sexy or plain classy, your choice. As long as the characters are in a loving embrace (or a forced one, LoL), all's good.

The bikini contest isn't bad at all, but since we already had a deserted island contest with makeshift clothes (most of them bikinis), maybe this could wait a bit. Or we could add an additional level of challenge — like having the Spies underwater (scuba diving or just diving, for instance).

I also like the monster Spies idea. I certainly can picture myself Clover growing bat-wings and a scorpion tail as she's transformed into some succubus... or imp! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
KatiraMoon
post Jul 14 2015, 04:01 AM
Post #11

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 29
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Mandy/Alex
Favorite Musician(s): Lady Gaga, One Republic, Sia.
Favorite Game: Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim.

QUOTE (TB74 @ Jul 13 2015, 09:11 PM) *
A few random ideas:

- The Spies in dresses! Sexy, classy dresses, I mean. Alex, Clover and Sam are on a mission, and they need to seduce a villain/villainess or some other character during a party held at some rich person's mansion. So they bring out the big guns: dresses that leave the entire back naked, others that stop just bellow the buttocks, some that show a nice cleavage, etc. As long as they're meant to seduce yet remain classy, anything goes!

- The Spies caught pants down, literally! Some character actually walks in on one or more Spies as she's/they're changing! Would allow for that "creatively censored" nudity mentioned by Stasis. I certainly can imagine Clover looking over her shoulder with suggestively seductive eyes as Alex accidentally walks on her while she's dropping her skirt down her legs. Or a distressed Mandy covering her naked breasts with her arm and her privates with a skirt as a blushing and confused Sam tries (but fails) to turn her eyes away.

- Smooch. Draw one of the Spies as she's kissing another character. Close shot or not, super sexy or plain classy, your choice. As long as the characters are in a loving embrace (or a forced one, LoL), all's good.

The bikini contest isn't bad at all, but since we already had a deserted island contest with makeshift clothes (most of them bikinis), maybe this could wait a bit. Or we could add an additional level of challenge — like having the Spies underwater (scuba diving or just diving, for instance).

I also like the monster Spies idea. I certainly can picture myself Clover growing bat-wings and a scorpion tail as she's transformed into some succubus... or imp! laugh.gif

I like the idea with the dresses very much. Already getting art ideas XD

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
NinjaNick101
post Jul 14 2015, 06:15 AM
Post #12

Ninja
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Yeah, I like the dress idea as well.

+Quote Post
stephdumas
post Jul 14 2015, 12:40 PM
Post #13

Spy Chic V
Group Icon

Member No.: 10
Favorite Character:

QUOTE (TB74 @ Jul 13 2015, 04:11 PM) *
A few random ideas:
The bikini contest isn't bad at all, but since we already had a deserted island contest with makeshift clothes (most of them bikinis), maybe this could wait a bit. Or we could add an additional level of challenge like having the Spies underwater (scuba diving or just diving, for instance).

An underwater theme, that could be a cool idea and let's extend it with an aquatic theme like water park, pool where they do a swimming race, synchronized swimming or water polo and diving from a high-diving platform.

+Quote Post
TB74
post Jul 14 2015, 05:28 PM
Post #14

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Member No.: 380
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Me + Kugimiya Rie :)
Favorite Anime: Maria-Sama ga Miteru
Favorite Comic: Philemon
Favorite Movie: The Big Lebowski
Favorite Book: The Complete Works of Howard Philips Lovecraft
Favorite Musician(s): Kalafina
Favorite Game: Sunless Sea

QUOTE (stephdumas @ Jul 14 2015, 08:40 AM) *
QUOTE (TB74 @ Jul 13 2015, 04:11 PM) *
A few random ideas:
The bikini contest isn't bad at all, but since we already had a deserted island contest with makeshift clothes (most of them bikinis), maybe this could wait a bit. Or we could add an additional level of challenge like having the Spies underwater (scuba diving or just diving, for instance).

An underwater theme, that could be a cool idea and let's extend it with an aquatic theme like water park, pool where they do a swimming race, synchronized swimming or water polo and diving from a high-diving platform.

Had a feeling a theme like this would please you. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Sep 24 2016, 07:40 PM
Post #15

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

Just to update on the fanart contest situation. I'm considering pushing the Christmas contest, which hasn't been closed yet, to the forefront again and then finishing the summer fun contest after that. This would mean hopefully getting new entries for both contests, but I think it makes more sense to do focus on the Christmas contest first since it's Fall now.

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Sep 26 2016, 03:39 AM
Post #16

Spy Chic II
Group Icon

Member No.: 901
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Alex & Martin Mystery
Favorite Anime: Persona 4
Favorite Manga: Nausicaa
Favorite Comic: Generation X (early issues)
Favorite Movie: Persona 3 movies (1-4)
Favorite Book: Animator's Survival Kit
Favorite Musician(s): Michiru Yamane (Skullgirls)
Favorite Album: Castle Crashers OST
Favorite Game: Jewelion (did the art/animation)

Hm, I was wondering if anyone else was going to enter the Cruise Ship contest and when it was going to close. Think I've seen one other entry besides my own. Didn't realize there was another contest that never ended.

The weather is still really hot in NorCal (100 degrees tomorrow), so the pretend cruise could be ending in the next week or so. We could just tell whoever's left here to wrap it up in the next week.

Then people will have three months or so to get something for Christmas.

But you're in charge, so it's your call. wink.gif

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

My video game art/animation: http://www.tangerinepop.com/
However tough life gets, don't give up!

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Sep 26 2016, 11:26 AM
Post #17

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

I totes forgot about the Christmas contest, and I've really been meaning to do the cruise ship one. Maybe if I say my plan I'll be more inspired to draw it? My idea is Violet x Milan!

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 02:54 AM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.