post Mar 15 2019, 01:06 AM
Post #21

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,016
Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Mar 14 2019, 03:45 PM) *
Nice observations, hdc! Thanks for showing us some of Sam‚€™s hairstyles, she totally pulls off the Lara Croft one! I did manage to find one hairstyle which is a little... questionable ūŸ˜… For Clover and Alex, it‚€™s rare to see them with different looking hair but it‚€™s cool to see it when we get the chance! Usually when they‚€™ve fallen into water, dressed up or have used a gadget.

I‚€™ve totally noticed Sam‚€™s winks too! I think it‚€™s a very cute touch that shows us a bit of her playful side wink.gif Other wink sightings: when Sam catches Clover‚€™s falling in Nature Nightmare, and is about to take down the villain‚€™s assistant in Fashion Faux Pas.

One mannerism I‚€™ve noticed for Clover is how she shows off her confidence through her body language. The way she just casually leans on something/someone, sits with legs apart or one leg slightly up, holds herself etc. To me this emphasises her realness and supports her brash confident personality.

I actually like that semi-bun hairstyle, especially in the second pic where she and Clover are running. It does seem like that much hair would take a lot of washing, but if she asked for volunteers she might be pleasantly surprised ; )

I haven't seen either of those episodes yet so it's good to hear she keeps doing that in later seasons.

Clover definitely likes to get into people's space, pose seductively, and just brashly come on to them in general (1-5). Looking back, I can see you captured that tendency of hers nicely in your drawing of her trying to charm an annoyed Sam.

Sometimes it even happens to her (6).

Also, I notice your last screenshot collage offers several more strange sitting poses for her ; )

I think my favorite moment of sheer brass for her is where she takes Tassara's crown off her head and admires herself wearing it in the mirror while talking about what a great queen she'll make, while everyone else just stares at her, completely dumbstruck (7-9). I imagine Sam would really have gotten after her for that one.

For that matter, I could see manhandling royalty or the crown like that being a capital offense. If Tassara had a darker side, she might trump up charges against Clover, with the punishment being a private lesson in manners... ; )

Edit:

Another cute Sam mannerism I like is the way she tends to say "Whoaaaa" when the girls get WOOHPed, or she falls off a cliff, etc. Whereas Clover is best at high-pitched screaming. I think her best one is in "Game Girls" when Alex scares her by holographically turning herself into a dragon. I've heard that one reused at least twice in other episodes ; )

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hdc
post Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Post #22

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,016
Favorite Character:

I forgot this one from the end of Futureshock. Freud would have a field day with this.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Nextstopplease
post Yesterday, 09:05 PM
Post #23

Lackey

Member No.: 1,038
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Clover
Favorite Anime: K-ON!!
Favorite Movie: Studio Ghibli films, SPIDERVERSE
Favorite Book: Norwegian Wood
Favorite Game: Animal Crossing New Leaf

QUOTE (hdc @ Mar 15 2019, 02:06 AM) *
Clover definitely likes to get into people's space, pose seductively, and just brashly come on to them in general (1-5). Looking back, I can see you captured that tendency of hers nicely in your drawing of her trying to charm an annoyed Sam.

Also, I notice your last screenshot collage offers several more strange sitting poses for her ; )

Another cute Sam mannerism I like is the way she tends to say "Whoaaaa" when the girls get WOOHPed, or she falls off a cliff, etc. Whereas Clover is best at high-pitched screaming. I think her best one is in "Game Girls" when Alex scares her by holographically turning herself into a dragon. I've heard that one reused at least twice in other episodes ; )

Awesome points and screenshots! I do like to capture Clover's cheekiness and confidence in my drawings wink.gif And YES, I will not rest until I have found every single scene of Clover's sitting poses xD

I've noticed how the show likes reusing Sam's "Yeah!". Few examples are in "The New Jerry" when Scam's car blows up and Clover suggests using jetpacks to travel, and in "Soul Collector" when they successfully break into the library. I think they all have great screams but Clover definitely has a fantastic high-pitched one! Adds to her dramatic personality biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Today, 04:43 AM
Post #24

Spy Chic III
Group Icon

Member No.: 901
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Alex & Martin Mystery
Favorite Anime: Persona 4
Favorite Manga: Nausicaa
Favorite Comic: Generation X (early issues)
Favorite Movie: Persona 3 movies (1-4)
Favorite Book: Animator's Survival Kit
Favorite Musician(s): Michiru Yamane (Skullgirls)
Favorite Album: Castle Crashers OST
Favorite Game: Jewelion (did the art/animation)

Great insights and screenshots, everyone.
Love how active it is on this subject. a06.gif

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

My video game art/animation: http://www.tangerinepop.com/
However tough life gets, don't give up!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2019 - 06:21 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.