post May 25 2016, 08:34 PM
Post #1

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 16
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Mandy/Sam

I haven't done any video for a long long time. But yesterday, I started this one. Well, maybe not my best video, but my first (the first of all ?) video on Geraldine / Clover. z36.png z03.png

(Then, I hope this topic is in the right place unsure.gif

(Oh and if the video doesn't work here, you can click on this link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efQeDm1kUWI ).

I'm french I can make some mistakes ^^'
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post May 25 2016, 10:06 PM
Post #2

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

QUOTE (darksmelo @ May 25 2016, 03:34 PM) *
I haven't done any video for a long long time. But yesterday, I started this one. Well, maybe not my best video, but my first (the first of all ?) video on Geraldine / Clover. z36.png z03.png

(Then, I hope this topic is in the right place unsure.gif

(Oh and if the video doesn't work here, you can click on this link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efQeDm1kUWI ).

Thanks for sharing! I fixed the embed so it worked. Use this guide to help you next time:

http://tsug.net/index.php?showtopic=1575

I really like the theme, song and clips you chose. XD Very nice. Is that Britney Spears? The effects at the beginning of the video are really cool too. Too bad about some of those video errors. I have no idea what would cause that since I usually use Windows Movie Maker.

+Quote Post
TB74
post May 25 2016, 11:21 PM
Post #3

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Member No.: 380
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Me + Kugimiya Rie :)
Favorite Anime: Maria-Sama ga Miteru
Favorite Comic: Philemon
Favorite Movie: The Big Lebowski
Favorite Book: The Complete Works of Howard Philips Lovecraft
Favorite Musician(s): Kalafina
Favorite Game: Sunless Sea

Pretty good for a first attempt... the jittery bug is damn annoying, unfortunately. What doesn't help is that it often matches the rhythm of the song, so it looks like it was done on purpose, but the implementation went wrong. >.<

Still, loved it. Reminded me to read my Clover x Geraldine fanfic again... biggrin.gif

Keep up the good work, Melo!

+Quote Post
darksmelo
post May 26 2016, 08:56 AM
Post #4

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Yes, it's "Criminal" by Britney Spears.

It was done with Pinnacle, but it's awful : even when I try several times to create again the video, it bugs. I may try to create the video with movie maker, but I'll have to do it all over again a19.gif

+Quote Post
TB74
post May 27 2016, 02:33 AM
Post #5

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (darksmelo @ May 26 2016, 04:56 AM) *

It was done with Pinnacle, but it's awful : even when I try several times to create again the video, it bugs. I may try to create the video with movie maker, but I'll have to do it all over again a19.gif

From what I heard regarding Pinnacle, that could be the result of your PC not having enough power to export. The problem with Pinnacle is that when it exports, it also plays back the video at the same time (even if sometimes it looks like the playback window isn't playing anything. It depends on the version of your software, of course—some don't do it. Other software don't playback the video when encoding it in the export version, allowing for less bugs. Strange, though, because your video isn't in HD, so it shouldn't be causing issue unless your PC is very old.

If tis problem is indeed the one you have on your hands, consider that it's like trying to export a movie from Pinnacle while watching some HD movie on your computer at the same time. That requires either a lot of RAM or a lot of video RAM, usually both. If your computer lacks a bit in either department, it can wreak havoc on your exported file.

The solution many users found was to export in AVI instead of MPEG4 (and then use another software to convert the AVI into a web-friendly movie if the website you post your movie on doesn't support AVI). AVI is much less demanding than MPEG4 for export, but it's not supported on all websites (YouTube supports both AVI or MPEG4).

Others found a strange workaround: they resized the playback window so that the buttons were as big as possible and the image as small a possible. Weird, but it worked for a lot of people.

So maybe you'd like to try that (provided you haven't tried already) before re-editing your movie again.

Hope you find a way to fix it.

+Quote Post
darksmelo
post May 27 2016, 07:49 AM
Post #6

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (TB74 @ May 27 2016, 02:33 AM) *
QUOTE (darksmelo @ May 26 2016, 04:56 AM) *

From what I heard regarding Pinnacle, that could be the result of your PC not having enough power to export. The problem with Pinnacle is that when it exports, it also plays back the video at the same time (even if sometimes it looks like the playback window isn't playing anything. It depends on the version of your software, of course—some don't do it. Other software don't playback the video when encoding it in the export version, allowing for less bugs. Strange, though, because your video isn't in HD, so it shouldn't be causing issue unless your PC is very old.

If tis problem is indeed the one you have on your hands, consider that it's like trying to export a movie from Pinnacle while watching some HD movie on your computer at the same time. That requires either a lot of RAM or a lot of video RAM, usually both. If your computer lacks a bit in either department, it can wreak havoc on your exported file.

The solution many users found was to export in AVI instead of MPEG4 (and then use another software to convert the AVI into a web-friendly movie if the website you post your movie on doesn't support AVI). AVI is much less demanding than MPEG4 for export, but it's not supported on all websites (YouTube supports both AVI or MPEG4).

Others found a strange workaround: they resized the playback window so that the buttons were as big as possible and the image as small a possible. Weird, but it worked for a lot of people.

So maybe you'd like to try that (provided you haven't tried already) before re-editing your movie again.

Hope you find a way to fix it.

Well if it's a problem with the PC's power, it's surprising ^^'
I explain :
I've done a video with Pinnacle before, on my older computer, 4 go of ram, and it wasn't powerful enough to play a game I really wanted so I changed. Now, I have a computer with 6 go of ram (I can even put 2 go of ram more) and a Nvidia 850 GTX card. Intel Core I5 (while I was I3 on the ancient computer).

But what's strange is that, when we pay attention, the party of the video that bugs are only those which are from episode 5 of the season 6. I hope it will work on movie maker, otherwise i'll have to find and download this episode again.

Thanks for your help smile.gif

+Quote Post
TB74
post May 27 2016, 05:28 PM
Post #7

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (darksmelo @ May 27 2016, 03:49 AM) *
Now, I have a computer with 6 go of ram (I can even put 2 go of ram more) and a Nvidia 850 GTX card. Intel Core I5 (while I was I3 on the ancient computer).

With such specs, you should be able to edit and export full HD movies without any issues, so it's certainly not your PC! You have a quite evolved computer, not an old dinosaur... laugh.gif

Well, hope you can fix things in MM.

smile.gif

+Quote Post
TotallyMari
post Oct 9 2016, 11:55 PM
Post #8

Wannabe

Member No.: 891
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Clover/Tara
Favorite Anime: Mikakunin De Shinkeikou
Favorite Manga: Card Captor Sakura
Favorite Comic: Spider Man/Spider Verse
Favorite Movie: Deadpool
Favorite Book: The Young Elites Book Series
Favorite Game: Nights of Azure

This is pretty good. Definitely an interesting pairing, and the song ties it all together nicely.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2017 - 05:44 AM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.