deadmanOmega
post Jun 7 2010, 05:52 PM
Post #21

Loser

Group: Members
Member No.: 106
Favorite Character:

QUOTE (alan @ Jun 4 2010, 06:19 PM) *
I suppose you saw that it is possible to find the movie in english on youtube now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff64whPleqo...feature=related

Thanks, I think I have seen the the movie 5 times, first on Youtube in french and second on Disney channal Asia and three times in English youtube. Speaking about the movie I enjoyed it alot, just wish the producers don't recycle some background characters and next year TS will be 10 years old hopefully we get some anniversary specials like a toy line of 5 inch figures or something new. Sure time flies fast sad.gif

ore tai yo do ko kamen raida braku RX!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBMKnUMaU_4
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shockwave
post Feb 14 2011, 02:58 PM
Post #22

Loser

Member No.: 14
Favorite Character:

Watched it yesterday on YouTube, really enjoyed and laughed loudly several times. How so you guys never mentioned Egyptian sequence, I couldnt stop laughing. Several other visual gags were awesome too. Second time I burst when I heard Clover's line about conformity. Quite witty. I wish they have done more lines like that. More hot scenes would be great too, series had much more hotiness in every single episode I think. Bathers, towel scene and Mandy x-raying were not enough. As for fanservice, I'm sorry, but Sam and Clover pairing is more obvious to me. I spotted them holding hands when they walked in Fabutopia (Sam was holding Alexs hand too, but not so clearly visible)and later they 'hugged for impact' leaving Alex alone. Overall, I really liked it contrary to what I expected. Gonna watch it again I think.

PS Forgot to mention that Alex in the Egyptian sequence reminded me of Natalya Varley in the 'A she-prisoner of the Caucasus' movie, particularly when the kidnappers were singing 'If I were a sultan' song. Check it out on YouTube. Quite similar, dont you think?

+Quote Post
cloverfan
post Jul 6 2011, 10:41 PM
Post #23

Lackey

Member No.: 323
Favorite Character:

I really enjoyed the film, some genuine funny moments, loved the villain.

A couple of things I noticed, Clover seemed to be slimmer, [or do I need glassses, lol]

Sam walked towards camera, [so to speak], the sexiest walk ever, it seemed very suggestive.

Would have liked to see an appearance by Britney, also there seemed to be too much footage of them at school.

I would have liked to have seen more hot scenes, but I guess they had to cater for their target audience.

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post May 31 2016, 05:02 AM
Post #24

Spy Chic II
Group Icon

Member No.: 901
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Alex & Martin Mystery
Favorite Anime: Persona 4
Favorite Manga: Nausicaa
Favorite Comic: Generation X (early issues)
Favorite Movie: Persona 3 movies (1-4)
Favorite Book: Animator's Survival Kit
Favorite Musician(s): Michiru Yamane (Skullgirls)
Favorite Album: Castle Crashers OST
Favorite Game: Jewelion (did the art/animation)

Finally saw the movie over the weekend for the first time in six years on DVD thanks to iOffer.com.

As usual, I'm really late to the party here.

Had some wine for a mild buzz to further boost the experience tongue.gif

As others have mentioned, the art/animation are incredible. I noticed they teamed with a Korean studio in the credits.

Loved the crowd scenes, extra expression to characters, action, etc.

Not only was the plane chase incredible, but having Alex accidentally eject was brilliant to up the danger & make it even more interesting. WOOHP training with the giant robot. And the martial arts near the end.

The Russian guy was a non-typical henchman compared to typical animation imo.
Instead of a being just a bumbling fool that angers the main villain, he built the most amazing space station ever (with help I assume) and a fleet of shuttles, was a killer pilot & and fighting expert.

I listened carefully to the music, and caught a really short bit of Fabu on the Catwalk for his flashback. Funny thing is the song is a lot longer & really good. Check it out on iTunes.

Official WOOHP Training is a great song imo (a few silly "breaks"), but good length & very "hype". tongue.gif

Les Casiers de Bev High and Chai Latte Groove. I don't recall hearing these in the movie. Why? It's sooo good. Please check them on iTunes. Maybe I missed them. Missing from the album are the songs with vocals: Walk Like an Egyptian & the end credits song. I wonder if a rights issue keeps them from selling them?

Lots of great character stuff throughout. And a very enjoyable origin story.

I'm curious about where they transferred from. In Evil Graduation, Clover mentions she's a native SoCal (plus her voice & personality indicate this strongly). What's funny is how when she goes to buy the boots at the beginning, she's told she can't afford them. That seems an odd gag, since her family seems loaded throughout the series.

Speaking of family, I've always been curious if she has a dad. This indicates her mom is single or has a crush... (7:24)

But I wonder where Sam & Alex moved from. Maybe Alex is from the San Fernando Valley, since she ended up being sent there for her blackmail scene. Interesting that she was using the bus in this movie, yet gets a limo ride in Alex Gets Schooled. Either her parents get a big increase in income, or they just splurge on something important once in a while.

The blackmail scenes were made funny by the tumbleweed (Alex), silly black & white prison stripes (Clover), and dumping water on a computer (Sam). But before that, Sam has a nightmare, which I thought was really a nice bit of character development.

Humor is fun, but used too often, prevents real empathy, unlike a more serious scene.

Inside gags I didn't see in the older posts: (3:03)

The hat is a nod to Martin Mystery 3-20 (Terrorland). Check it out! (Heck, all of MM if you're up for it)

The girl with glasses that goes into the Fabulizer is a character from MM.

I could go on more & more, but am out of time. Just going to end with another clip of animation (2:35-3:00).

Work like that just makes me want to thank the artists so much. Inspiring for me in what I do. cool.gif

My video game art/animation: http://www.tangerinepop.com/
However tough life gets, don't give up!

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Jun 7 2016, 02:01 AM
Post #25

Spy Chic II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Update: end credit music is "Gold Guns Girls" by Metric. The song was also used in the movie Zombieland (2009)

Now you know where to find it in iTunes. Though I mostly have pure instrumental music, I plan on getting that song. So good!

Hope you enjoyed the previous post! Feel free to discuss.

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jun 20 2016, 01:14 AM
Post #26

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

QUOTE (jettmanas @ May 31 2016, 12:02 AM) *
Finally saw the movie over the weekend for the first time in six years on DVD thanks to iOffer.com.

As usual, I'm really late to the party here.

Had some wine for a mild buzz to further boost the experience tongue.gif

As others have mentioned, the art/animation are incredible. I noticed they teamed with a Korean studio in the credits.

Loved the crowd scenes, extra expression to characters, action, etc.

Not only was the plane chase incredible, but having Alex accidentally eject was brilliant to up the danger & make it even more interesting. WOOHP training with the giant robot. And the martial arts near the end.

The Russian guy was a non-typical henchman compared to typical animation imo.
Instead of a being just a bumbling fool that angers the main villain, he built the most amazing space station ever (with help I assume) and a fleet of shuttles, was a killer pilot & and fighting expert.

I listened carefully to the music, and caught a really short bit of Fabu on the Catwalk for his flashback. Funny thing is the song is a lot longer & really good. Check it out on iTunes.

Official WOOHP Training is a great song imo (a few silly "breaks"), but good length & very "hype". tongue.gif

Les Casiers de Bev High and Chai Latte Groove. I don't recall hearing these in the movie. Why? It's sooo good. Please check them on iTunes. Maybe I missed them. Missing from the album are the songs with vocals: Walk Like an Egyptian & the end credits song. I wonder if a rights issue keeps them from selling them?

Lots of great character stuff throughout. And a very enjoyable origin story.

I'm curious about where they transferred from. In Evil Graduation, Clover mentions she's a native SoCal (plus her voice & personality indicate this strongly). What's funny is how when she goes to buy the boots at the beginning, she's told she can't afford them. That seems an odd gag, since her family seems loaded throughout the series.

Speaking of family, I've always been curious if she has a dad. This indicates her mom is single or has a crush... (7:24)

But I wonder where Sam & Alex moved from. Maybe Alex is from the San Fernando Valley, since she ended up being sent there for her blackmail scene. Interesting that she was using the bus in this movie, yet gets a limo ride in Alex Gets Schooled. Either her parents get a big increase in income, or they just splurge on something important once in a while.

The blackmail scenes were made funny by the tumbleweed (Alex), silly black & white prison stripes (Clover), and dumping water on a computer (Sam). But before that, Sam has a nightmare, which I thought was really a nice bit of character development.

Humor is fun, but used too often, prevents real empathy, unlike a more serious scene.

Inside gags I didn't see in the older posts: (3:03)

The hat is a nod to Martin Mystery 3-20 (Terrorland). Check it out! (Heck, all of MM if you're up for it)

The girl with glasses that goes into the Fabulizer is a character from MM.

I could go on more & more, but am out of time. Just going to end with another clip of animation (2:35-3:00).

Work like that just makes me want to thank the artists so much. Inspiring for me in what I do. cool.gif

The movie was kind of underwhelming to me. The only scene I can even remember was the Walk Like an Egyptian scene, which is was fun I guess because it was a Bangals song in a TS movie. Maybe I just need to re-watch it again on Blu-ray, but it's still unreleased on home video in North America.

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Jun 20 2016, 03:49 AM
Post #27

Spy Chic II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Cool, thanks for the reply. I was hoping to get some discussion from all that typing. tongue.gif
If it's been a long time (like me), maybe give it a shot since you love TS as one of the main people for the site.

The art & animation are fantastic (imo). Plus I love that they did the origin story.
Music is great; I bought the end credits song on iTunes: Gold, Guns, Girls, Gold by Metric.

If anyone has any ideas on what you think they were trying to say at 7:24 in that first clip I posted, feel free to speculate!
What was Stella doing that for & does Clover have a dad? Hmm- z31.png

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jun 20 2016, 07:45 AM
Post #28

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

QUOTE (jettmanas @ Jun 19 2016, 10:49 PM) *
Cool, thanks for the reply. I was hoping to get some discussion from all that typing. tongue.gif
If it's been a long time (like me), maybe give it a shot since you love TS as one of the main people for the site.

The art & animation are fantastic (imo). Plus I love that they did the origin story.
Music is great; I bought the end credits song on iTunes: Gold, Guns, Girls, Gold by Metric.

If anyone has any ideas on what you think they were trying to say at 7:24 in that first clip I posted, feel free to speculate!
What was Stella doing that for & does Clover have a dad? Hmm- z31.png

Art was good from what I remember, but they transferred the de-aged characters designs and the pig over to Season 6, which was really bizarre since they're should be 5 seasons between them chronologically.

I found the origin story pretty under-whelming. I think there should have been more drama with Mandy to explain their feud. Mandy just hating because they were new or whatever was a little weak imo.

+Quote Post
Ackie
post Sep 29 2016, 08:52 PM
Post #29

Lackey

Member No.: 888
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: None
Favorite Manga: None

I'm watching the movie again, which I think is only my second time, then I'll start watching season 1.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2017 - 05:50 AM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.