Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

I think one of the most controversial characters in Totally Spies is Britney. She tends to be a love her or hate her character. I think that has to do with how she doesn't seem to have any faults and made Alex feel insufficient before since she's such a skilled spy who Clover and Sam both fawn over. In Season 5 though, we got a little bit more character development. She seems to be fine with both being Alex's friend and playing on her nerves a bit subtly!

Anyways, I think I will vote for the middle option. She's cute and slightly interesting, but certainly not a favorite.

What do you think about Britney? Britney-icon.png

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KodeBreaker
post Aug 2 2015, 04:13 PM
Post #2

We cry lethean tears
Group Icon

Group: Uber Mod
Member No.: 8
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Clover/Britney
Favorite Anime: Hellsing Ultimate
Favorite Manga: Dimension W
Favorite Book: Mr. Mercedes
Favorite Musician(s): KoRn
Favorite Album: The Serenity of Suffering

Britney is amazing, but I think she had a hell of a lot of potential and Marathon just didn't expand on it or take advantage of it. I was dreadfully disappointed to not see her in Season 6.

That said, I love her because I'm a sucker for side characters that don't nearly get enough love, and I'm starting to like her almost as much as Clover. Funnily enough, that means if we saw her more often that might make me like her less, lol.

Can't we just be selfish for one more day...

+Quote Post
stephdumas
post Aug 2 2015, 08:45 PM
Post #3

Spy Chic V
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10
Favorite Character:

QUOTE (TerminalGT @ Aug 2 2015, 12:13 PM) *
Britney is amazing, but I think she had a hell of a lot of potential and Marathon just didn't expand on it or take advantage of it. I was dreadfully disappointed to not see her in Season 6.

+1, I agree and if and it's a big "if" there's a season 7, I hope Britney will do a cameo appearance and I go a step further by wishing a spin-off series featuring Britney.

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Aug 2 2015, 10:00 PM
Post #4

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (stephdumas @ Aug 2 2015, 03:45 PM) *
QUOTE (TerminalGT @ Aug 2 2015, 12:13 PM) *

+1, I agree and if and it's a big "if" there's a season 7, I hope Britney will do a cameo appearance and I go a step further by wishing a spin-off series featuring Britney.

At one point there was a rumor about a spin off with Britney and Dean. I'm kind of glad it didn't actually happen.

+Quote Post
TB74
post Aug 2 2015, 11:35 PM
Post #5

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Member No.: 380
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Me + Kugimiya Rie :)
Favorite Anime: Maria-Sama ga Miteru
Favorite Comic: Philemon
Favorite Movie: The Big Lebowski
Favorite Book: The Complete Works of Howard Philips Lovecraft
Favorite Musician(s): Kalafina

I really like her. She's sort of a "good in everything but expert in nothing", showing the perfect balance of every skill a spy may need (strength, agility, speed, stamina, intelligence, etc.), yet been beaten in every single aspect by either Alex, Clover and Sam.

I agree about Season 1, Britney's personality wasn't much developed. However, in Season 5, she appears in three consecutive episodes, during which we get to discover what kind of girl she is. I especially loved her sarcastic humor...

I remember the scene where Alex is supposed to stand guard in front of Mandy's dorm to warn Britney, Clover and Sam if their nemesis and her cousin returned to their dorm. But Alex abandons her surveillance to grab herself a coffee from a nearby vending machine. In the meanwhile, Mandy and her cousin return, forcing Alex's friends to hide in Mandy's dorm while Alex makes a diversion that allows them to escape.

Later in the episode when they infiltrate the villain's lair, Alex asks her friends if they want her to stand guard again. Britney replies that she'd rather trust the llamas for this job. laugh.gif

Plus I like her great looks, so I'd marry her without hesitation. Even if she doesn't seem to be as flirty as Clover. wink.gif

+Quote Post
stephdumas
post Aug 5 2015, 06:14 PM
Post #6

Spy Chic V
Group Icon

Member No.: 10
Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Syxx @ Aug 2 2015, 06:00 PM) *
At one point there was a rumor about a spin off with Britney and Dean. I'm kind of glad it didn't actually happen.

Hard to said, if it's executed properly, the idea could had work. Then on the other hand, there was a photo of her 2 teammates we saw in "Escape from WOOHP island" and I think it was a lost opportunity to not used them for an episode or spin-off.

The Amazing Spiez on the other hand, seems to have worked more or less well then originally planned.

+Quote Post
Soloik
post Aug 7 2015, 12:45 PM
Post #7

Wannabe

Member No.: 882
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: Totally Spies
Favorite Manga: Death Note
Favorite Comic: Batman
Favorite Movie: Lord of War
Favorite Game: Medievil

Britney is really an interesting character.
She's the perfect spy, with the best physical and mental abilities. And besides, she is humble. Really, I love that.
A spin-off of Britney would be really interesting but it will never happen. Shame ...

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Aug 7 2015, 05:03 PM
Post #8

The Great Mysterious Astrophysicist Bishounen
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 11
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Yuri count as a favorite pairing too, right?
Favorite Anime: Too many to list...
Favorite Manga: Yet again, too many to list...
Favorite Movie: Can't accurately count them...
Favorite Book: Sein und Zeit, Metaphysik, Summa Theologiae
Favorite Musician(s): Beethoven, Richard Wagner, Anton Bruckner
Favorite Game: Desurete, Azur Lane, Kancolle, and GF

Frankly I have a sort of love and hate relationship towards Britney.

I always portrayed her as a "saltless" character mostly because she does not seem to have a really distinctive personality. I mean, let's observe Clover's example: she may sometimes be a pain in the ass, but her personality is catchy. On the other hand, Briteny does not seem to show many atractive social traits. Besides I think she is pretty much the Jack of All Stats in comparison to the spies.

On the other hand, Britney surely adds a sort of Applied Phlebotinum to the series, especially if one takes into account the rivalry between her and Alex. Nevertheless, I still think Mandy's "Alpha Bitchness" is much more interesting to watch. XD

QUOTE (Soloik @ Aug 7 2015, 02:45 PM) *
Britney is really an interesting character.
She's the perfect spy, with the best physical and mental abilities. And besides, she is humble. Really, I love that.
A spin-off of Britney would be really interesting but it will never happen. Shame ...

You're surely an optimistic one. I don't think Britney is that perfect. lol

Edit: I guess Galvatron is going to kill me because of my comments towards Britney. tongue.gif

~~Kancolle - SS Fleet ~~

Latest Artbook & Doujin Reviews:

Fantasia Bunko Utopia (NEW)
Hot Winter (NEW)

+Quote Post
KodeBreaker
post Aug 7 2015, 05:45 PM
Post #9

We cry lethean tears
Group Icon

Group: Uber Mod
Member No.: 8
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Clover/Britney
Favorite Anime: Hellsing Ultimate
Favorite Manga: Dimension W
Favorite Book: Mr. Mercedes
Favorite Musician(s): KoRn
Favorite Album: The Serenity of Suffering

For the longest time, I always thought her name was Brittney. :V

Can't we just be selfish for one more day...

+Quote Post
TB74
post Aug 8 2015, 08:39 AM
Post #10

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Member No.: 380
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Me + Kugimiya Rie :)
Favorite Anime: Maria-Sama ga Miteru
Favorite Comic: Philemon
Favorite Movie: The Big Lebowski
Favorite Book: The Complete Works of Howard Philips Lovecraft
Favorite Musician(s): Kalafina

QUOTE (Kira Yamato @ Aug 7 2015, 01:03 PM) *
I always portrayed her as a "saltless" character mostly because she does not seem to have a really distinctive personality. I mean, let's observe Clover's example: she may sometimes be a pain in the ass, but her personality is catchy. On the other hand, Briteny does not seem to show many atractive social traits.

Agreed. It's only in Season 5, when she visits Alex, Clover and Sam at Mali-U that she finally gets a personality of her own (i.e., an optimistic girl who's reliable, who speaks her mind, who's sarcastic at times and who's a good teammate at least that's what she seemed to me), but even then, it's still not developed much. Before that, she was only interesting because of how Alex would react in her presence.

However, if the writers developed that personality, they could turn her into an interesting character. But I doubt it will happen, for I believe the writers see her only as a recurring secondary character.

+Quote Post
MetroNorthMallRa...
post Aug 20 2015, 06:42 AM
Post #11

It's Britney bitch!
Group Icon

Member No.: 7
Favorite Character:
Favorite Musician(s): Britney Spears
Favorite Album: Femme Fatale

My opinion of her is right down the middle, so I vote for 'she's all right.' I really don't like nor dislike her. She's just kinda "there" for me honestly.

+Quote Post
SecondClass
post Feb 23 2018, 06:47 AM
Post #12

Loser

Member No.: 1,015
Favorite Character:

She almost falls into Mary Sue levels for me, due to her small amount of actual character traits (the main ones are "friendly" and "skilled"), but she's the rare type of thin character that actually manages to be very entertaining and likable. I don't know if it's her design/VA, or maybe her relationship with Alex, but I think she's a good addition to the show.

+Quote Post
Ryofu
post Feb 24 2018, 02:00 AM
Post #13

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (SecondClass @ Feb 23 2018, 12:47 AM) *
She almost falls into Mary Sue levels for me, due to her small amount of actual character traits (the main ones are "friendly" and "skilled"), but she's the rare type of thin character that actually manages to be very entertaining and likable. I don't know if it's her design/VA, or maybe her relationship with Alex, but I think she's a good addition to the show.

Looking back, I think she might be a parody of Kim Possible if that makes sense with the timeline between Season 2 and Kim Possible taking TS's time slot on ABC Family. Kim Possible was obviously a ripoff of the TS concept, so I think they would have reason to take jabs back at her, and they did in more specific ways in Season 3 by Sam being embarrassed about how pathetic it is to be flown around by celebrities.

So with that in mind, Britney is a Mary Sue on purpose to make fun of Kim Possible who brags about how she can do "anything." That contrasts her against Sam, Clover and Alex who all have big flaws and need to work as a unit to make up for their own shortcomings. She's also a great character of course to play up Alex's insecurities and then later they tried to morph that into femslashy friendship later on. Britney of course is smart enough to know Alex has issues with her, but ignores it because she's such a good girl I guess.

+Quote Post
jettmanas
post Feb 26 2018, 04:04 AM
Post #14

Spy Chic III
Group Icon

Member No.: 901
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Alex & Martin Mystery
Favorite Anime: Persona 4
Favorite Manga: Nausicaa
Favorite Comic: Generation X (early issues)
Favorite Movie: Persona 3 movies (1-4)
Favorite Book: Animator's Survival Kit
Favorite Musician(s): Michiru Yamane (Skullgirls)
Favorite Album: Castle Crashers OST
Favorite Game: Jewelion (did the art/animation)

Hm, active topic again- cool. Seems I voted years back (I think), but never commented.

Good insights. I can't think of much to add except I really liked her, especially in Season 5.
I wrote a fanfic where the team visits her & Blaine at WOOHP Australia. biggrin.gif

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

My video game art/animation: http://www.tangerinepop.com/
However tough life gets, don't give up!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2018 - 07:01 AM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.