Member No.: 8
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Clover/Britney
Favorite Anime: Hellsing Ultimate
Favorite Manga: Dimension W
Favorite Book: Mr. Mercedes
Favorite Musician(s): KoRn
Favorite Album: The Serenity of Suffering

(*continuing from Topic Description* but didn't introduce me to, as I saw the .hack//SIGN anime on YTV back in '04 =D I just didn't know what the hell it was and was too lazy to research! Then Tracy got me looking it up again...and I've fallen in love with it ever since! But anyway...)

Sooner or later you knew I was going to post this. tongue.gif I love this series too much to not bring it up. Apologies to anyone who finds me going rather crazy right about now, lmao

http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/.hack//Wiki - you need this link to try to understand the series

This series I have found absolutely amazing. It's rather obscure, but it's very, ve-ry nice. Both the early quadrilogy (released 2002-2004) and following trilogy of games (released 2006-2007) came out for the PS2 and have exceedingly impressive gameplay, graphics, BGM, characters, and have the best continuous plot line I have ever perceived, but I'll only give you the very beginning and a short timeline since I'm too damn lazy to try and explain EVERYTHING tongue.gif :
----
Basically, a man named Harald Hoerwick created "Fragment" (the pre-cursor to "The World" MMORPG, in that series), after his love Emma Wielant died. He based the game on Emma's poem, the "Epitaph of Twilight". And from there, it all spiralled...

Timeline: Fragment --> The World R:1 (SIGN --> Games) --> The World R:2 (Roots --> G.U. Games) --> The World R:X (Link)
----
Of the .hack series, there are most certainly anime, manga, novels, and even a rendered movie. But the games stood out most for me, which is why I put the topic in this section.

My favourite character from the entire series would have to be Atoli, from the G.U. Games (Atoli btw is currently in my sig, the blonde one on the left. She was also in my avy last time, if you missed it XD). She starts off really annoying, naive (ironically like the protagonist of G.U., Haseo, who she hooks up with at the end of the final game), dependant on others (especially Sakaki, who took advantage of her...though he kind of took on Atoli's own symptoms) and vain, but as the story progresses she becomes very strong-willed and can form opinions on her own...though still retaining her overwhelming optimism and cheerfulness. She looks exceedingly similar to the girl Haseo was trying to save from a coma (Shino). Also (and this is my opinion) SHE DOES NOT HAVE AN ANNOYING ENGLISH VOICE ACTOR AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH tongue.gif

I do also like Alkaid from the same trilogy. She's a fighter (daaaaaayum wink.gif ) ...she and Atoli kinda had a feud going between them about who would go do training with Haseo when he was training for the Holy Palace Tournament...it was funny. XD You know what? Here.

Alright, I'm done here for now. If you have any questions about this series, I'll be on *checks time* later today or tomorrow, I suppose, to have an (hopefully) adequate answer to them. smile.gif

Also, sorry if you feel I worship this series. I very nearly do. XD

Can't we just be selfish for one more day...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Jul 15 2011, 02:32 PM
Post #2

The Spetacular Resident Forum Bishounen Physicist
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 11
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Yuri count as a favorite pairing too, right?
Favorite Anime: Too many to list...
Favorite Manga: Yet again, too many to list...
Favorite Movie: Can't accurately count them...
Favorite Book: Sein und Zeit, Metaphysik, Summa Theologiae
Favorite Musician(s): Beethoven, Richard Wagner, Anton Bruckner
Favorite Game: Desurete, Bandori, BGHS, and Kancolle

That's really funny. I have already heard LOTS of good things (let me be emphatic: LOTS) about this series, but I never played it. sad.gif I already read its manga version and I found it very interesting and deep. Perhaps I should stop playing games like Project Diva and stick up for other different series. lol

Anyway, don't worry Termy ! If you call yourself crazy, what would I be called then ? XD Probably I am just a crazy otaku. lol

+Quote Post
KodeBreaker
post Jul 15 2011, 05:36 PM
Post #3

We cry lethean tears
Group Icon

Group: Uber Mod
Favorite Character:

Oh yes, I read a few of the mangas (XXXX, Alcor, G.U.+...and 4koma, but that was a parody XD) and they're quite nice. I just wish my collection was more complete. sad.gif

And yeah, I was worried that I was going overboard, but thanks. XD

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post Jul 15 2011, 11:32 PM
Post #4

The Spetacular Resident Forum Bishounen Physicist
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 11
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Yuri count as a favorite pairing too, right?
Favorite Anime: Too many to list...
Favorite Manga: Yet again, too many to list...
Favorite Movie: Can't accurately count them...
Favorite Book: Sein und Zeit, Metaphysik, Summa Theologiae
Favorite Musician(s): Beethoven, Richard Wagner, Anton Bruckner
Favorite Game: Desurete, Bandori, BGHS, and Kancolle

Since you opened a thread about it, why not posting some images ? ^^ Let me start:

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Pi looks so cute ! wub.gif I love the illustrations made by Sadamoto-san.

+Quote Post
KodeBreaker
post Jul 16 2011, 05:58 AM
Post #5

We cry lethean tears
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Haha! Images are indeed good, and Sadamoto is indeed a very good artist. Thanks for sharing those, especially such large images since I have a hard time finding large images. XD

Hmm. Pi...she isn't my favourite character, but is quite far from being a character I'd hate. She remains very business-like throughout GU, though there are several moments where she gets quite teary, silly...or pissed off. Especially when Haseo kept calling her an 'old hag'. XD (she's actually 24)

+Quote Post
Alteiriaa
post Jul 28 2011, 11:41 PM
Post #6

Definatly a Thing

Group: Members
Member No.: 363
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Favorite Manga: .hack//XXXX
Favorite Movie: UHF
Favorite Book: Lord of The Rings
Favorite Album: Up!
Favorite Game: .hack//G.U

I just didn't know what the hell it was and was too lazy to research! Then Tracy got me looking it up again...and I've fallen in love with it ever since! But anyway...

whistle.gif
for the record, I regret nothing.

To contribute to the conversation, though, Pi is actually a good character. Not my favorite, by any means, but she is still very cool. I like Alkaid more, but I think that's more personality. And then there is Natsume but that's another thing altogether. ^^

+Quote Post
KodeBreaker
post Jul 28 2011, 11:46 PM
Post #7

We cry lethean tears
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Yeah yeah, I know you don't. tongue.gif

And NATSUME. Ahahaha. Best side character ever. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 07:34 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.