Member No.: 380
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Me + Kugimiya Rie :)
Favorite Anime: Maria-Sama ga Miteru
Favorite Comic: Philemon
Favorite Movie: The Big Lebowski
Favorite Book: The Complete Works of Howard Philips Lovecraft
Favorite Musician(s): Kalafina

Sheesh... Why is it that all that I buy doesn't last more than a couple of years? I mean, just touching a PC once made it turn off. I must be generating some EMF, otherwise I'm just f***ing cursed.

I did drop my laptop about a year ago... Didn't close my bag properly, so it slipped out. >.<

It cost me about $400 to fix it back then, but it was much less than a replacement, which would've cost about $3000 (yeah, that's a top of the line MacBook Pro used for video editing back when I was shooting on a regular basis). Other than the broken monitor glass, the only trace it was dropped was a crushed-in corner on the body and monitor lid. No big deal. Oh, by the way, shortly after, my car died (engine and transmission) and about a month and a half later, I slipped on ice and dropped my camera on the frozen asphalt of a parking lot. Murphy's law at work, dammit!!!

But back to my laptop. Well, it just stopped working... No warning signs it was about to fail. Won't boot, now. Hopefully it's just a small issue. I don't want to pay for a new MacBook (even the most basic one costs about $1000), but I may have to, since I'm using a computer in class at university AND to earn a living as a photography teacher. Most of my files are proprietary Mac software ones (.pages, .fpc, etc.), so I can't use a PC. And the old Mac PPC I dusted off to write these words is too old to support the software that can run those files. All this old beast can do is go on the web (no streaming) and be used to answer emails. Ugh...

Hopefully it's not a the beginning of a new cycle of mishaps like last years... Wish me luck, guys. I'm a bit depressed, for I was hoping I could pay some debts and buy a kendo bogu with my tax return. I'd hate to see it all go in a new laptop, and I don't expect to get my tax return before January 2015 at best, so that's a lot of time without my laptop. And semester final exams are coming fast... sad.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Nov 11 2014, 09:42 PM
Post #2

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

I think you can download programs to convert your files so they aren't Mac anymore.

I solved this problem of how much of a scam laptops are by just buying a net book for mobile computing. They're like laptops, but with slightly smaller screens and less price gouging. If I remember right, my net book cost about $200. I bought it over the internet. The only thing it can't do is run videogames with polygons. I use it it do everything else including running photoshop, watching videos and playing Simpsons: the Arcade Game. I even got around the no wallpaper thing with the basic version of Windows it uses with a third party program. Just make sure you buy one with Windows 7 installed, since Windows 8 is a horrendous piece of shit. I've had mine for about two years now.

+Quote Post
TB74
post Nov 13 2014, 11:16 PM
Post #3

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Group: Members
Favorite Character:

Good news, my laptop's back. It cost me $129 to have it checked, and thought they couldn't find why it wouldn't boot, they were able to fix the issue by removing and re-inserting the memory chips into their slot... I could've done this in about five minutes, but since I didn't know what caused the issue, it's all fair game, as they spent about five hours checking for the source of the problem.

It could happen again, though, so I'm currently looking for some used laptop with the same specs as mine that I could use for spare parts in case mine goes down again. To have a spare motherboard, a spare DVD drive, spare fans, etc., could prove useful. I don't want to switch systems yet, and I hope my actual laptop will last until I've completed my bachelor's degree...

+Quote Post
ren shizu
post Nov 16 2014, 01:31 PM
Post #4

Spyssassin V
Group Icon

Member No.: 27
Favorite Character:

coincidence. my smartphone broke down today and i just got this a few months ago! D: i hate technology!!!

Nothing is forever except death

+Quote Post
TB74
post Nov 16 2014, 10:10 PM
Post #5

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Yeah, that's always frustrating when the technology that's supposed to help you breaks down or won't work. sad.gif

+Quote Post
ren shizu
post Nov 18 2014, 03:02 PM
Post #6

Spyssassin V
Group Icon

Member No.: 27
Favorite Character:

Indeed! It just makes me so mad. Anyway, I brought it to the repair centre and they might just reformat everything. but i have a feeling my phone is officially a goner. guess need to buy a new one. good thing all the phones right now are on christmas sale including the ones that were released a month ago. i found one that has high MP. good for videos and selfies.[you'll definitely see the difference soon TB74. you know what i mean. LOL!] its the latest model and a few bucks cheaper than my current smartphone. for now, i'll be using my old phone for important calls and texts only. it's theft-proof because its so old! XD

Nothing is forever except death

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 07:00 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.