IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does Totally Spies deserve a rebuild?, Fund it!
jettmanas
post Today, 01:17 PM
Post #41

Spy Chic III
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 901
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Alex & Martin Mystery
Favorite Anime: Persona 4
Favorite Manga: Nausicaa
Favorite Comic: Generation X (early issues)
Favorite Movie: Persona 3 movies (1-4)
Favorite Book: Animator's Survival Kit
Favorite Musician(s): Michiru Yamane (Skullgirls)
Favorite Album: Castle Crashers OST
Favorite Game: Jewelion (did the art/animation)

QUOTE (Ryofu @ Mar 18 2019, 08:20 PM) *
Marvel Rising has a nice artstyle, and has some interesting female friendships, such as Kamala & Doreen (Squirrel Girl), Doreen and others, stuff w/Gwen, and so on.

I can't really take the SJW make-overs of those characters seriously. They took away Miss Marvel's costume and femininity and made her dress in a coservative body suit as Captain Marvel, and then made the new Miss Marvel into a Muslim fangirl (I wonder if she supports the state of Israel or is like Representatives Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib and thinks it shouldn't exist, hmm laugh.gif). Gwen Stacy should be dead, and what they did to Squirrel Girl's character design was ridiculous. That America character was probably the biggest abortion in comics sales ever, yet Marvel still wants to promote her via a cartoon.

I think Marvel's time in the lime light may be eclipsing soon. Everyone I know is giving up on it after End Game. That doesn't include me though. I haven't seen a Marvel movie since the first Deadpool (and an official MCU movie since Avengers 1) and haven't bought a Marvel Comic since 2012. But that's just me though. I used to be a big Marvel fan, but then they gave the entire thing to Twitter/Tumblr clique people to run into the ground. Whatever people think of Totally Spies, at least it has existed separate of Starbucks's hipster political correctness (even mocking it at times). I wonder how much longer that will last? lol

Interesting points on Marvel; I did get the point on them pushing some agendas. Didn't realize that on Twitter/Tumblr.
And I agree on TS being separate from all that- likely due to the fact of it being a French-Canadian production and/or the creators' vision.

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

My video game art/animation: http://www.tangerinepop.com/
However tough life gets, don't give up!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2019 - 05:46 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.