Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

OK, going to do a running commentary for this classic episode. For this commentary, I will be using the English version as presented on the second volume of the Goodtimes DVDs (of which only three were released). This version is completely uncensored as opposed to the broadcast version which is sometimes edited for time and less often for content. I'm watching this on my Oppo Blu-ray player, which is known for it's quality upscaling ability.

Running Commentary - April, 20 2012

The pyramid the Black Knight (I'll refer to him by this name since I don't think he actually has one in the episode and even though his costume is more of a really dark blue) stole from the "Secret Weapons Laboratory" seems vaguely familiar to me. It's shaped like a pyramid. Might be a reference to something else.

The Halloween themed title card with the bats and Jack O' Lanterns that never appeared on CN is pretty awesome.

The girls are in a HS science lab, which is a very common setting for the first two seasons.

Clover makes a random comment about the chemical mixture Alex made being a great shade for eye-shadow, and Sam gets pissed because they're supposed to be focusing on the lab project. Vintage early TS.

Of course, Mandy is threatening to beat them in the school Halloween costume contest.

Mandy's voice seems a little restrained compared to Jenifer Hale's later performances of her. Still sounds like my lovely Mandy though.

Random short scene of Mandy and Clover playing some game show to represent Clover just trashing Mandy with a diss about her clothes already being a Halloween costume. I really liked short moments in the earlier seasons.

Liking Dominique's outfit with the bare midriff and thigh high stockings. a09.gif

The experiment blowing up doubling as a WOOHPing was kind of obvious and not as over the top as in other episodes. Still completely inexplicable logic wise.

Sam is also wearing some sexy thigh high stockings as well. I also dig Alex's long boots. Very nice. a09.gif

Clover's butterfly hairpin is cute in this episode. This is one thing TS was ground breaking on. The girls actually have different outfits every single episode (except for the few exceptions where they bring back a classic like Mandy's sexy tight black leather pants XD).

Jess Harnel's Jerry is a bit more suave and mysterious than Adrian Truss's. Probably going to go with him as the better Jerry.

Wishing Sam would move her knees apart on that couch/landing pad. a11.gif

Pogo-Bounce Sandals, Laser Heat Curling Irons, and Mighty Fine Expendable Mascara Brush. The gadgets were certainly a lot girlier during the first two seasons.

The other gadgets are obvious references. "Head for Cover Hover Boards" are a reference to Back to the Future II, and "Cat Fight Gloves with Retractable Claws" certainly reference Wolverine (with three claws coming out in-between the fingers).

Great quasi-upskirt shot of Sam's juicy thighs before Jerry says, "Geronimo." a09.gif

They're WOOHPed out of Jerry's office in some kind of rocket powered UFO looking thing. On the other hand, some of the earlier WOOHPings were a lot more complex.

The pyramid thing is called the END, short for "Electronic Nullification Device." Pretty amusing name.

The video quality on these DVDs is really excellent. I just wish Goodtimes made more of them. x___X The level of upscalling here proves to me an excellent looking HD version of the first two seasons is certainly very possible.

The Black Knight's warp tunnel the girls travel through looks sort of similar to a WOOHP tunnel.

Alex, "Oh no! You don't think we're in the Valley?" Lame but memorable joke. lol

Clover trades her watch for some guy's horse as "collateral." WTF? lol

And before I forget, the title, "Stuck in the Middle Ages with You," is obviously a reference to the 70's chart topper, "Stuck in the Middle with You" by Stealers Wheel.

Clover falls off the horse, "Bad horsey!" I thought she could straddle anything. LOL.

They're now being accused of being witches. lol

Some how Jerry is able to contact Clover on her Compowder from the present time. I have no idea how this is even possible. Jerry's GPS system though can apparently tell him she's in Midevil England. This part I think is memorable for some of the most unplausibly stretched logic in any TS episode. lol

Clover, "Of course, we're stuck in the middle ages!" This is one of the few times the title of the episode is referenced in dialogue.

Dungeons and Dragons reference by Clover. I'm surprised she even knows what that is.

Nice design for the partially in ruins castle. There also appears to be another castle in the background.

"Oozing and clumping? Mighty fine, my butt!" Clover in reference to the performance of the mascara gadget. If the tone of her voice was different, she could be calling her butt "mighty fine." XD

Sam and Alex are sure caught in a net rather easily. lol

Love all the background music for TS. I so wish I could have a CD collection of it or something.

Alex - "I've never stolen anything, except for maybe second base in co-ed baseball!" This line is famous for its sexual innuendo. xD Remind me to play baseball with Alex sometime. devil.gif She can use my bat. whistle.gif

Alex and Sam are apparently killed with boulders. lol Of course, some how all the rocks magically just avoided them and they are able to make an escape by using the laser curling irons on their chains (which were interestingly placed but not as fanservicey as other bondage situations). I don't know why they didn't do that earlier unless they were being watched the whole time, which I guess they may have been since they talk to the guards.

Now that I think about it, this Black Knight traveling by horse through portals thing is a reference to something else. I can't quite recall what though. Also, the time travel device with the two diamonds rubbing together has a really interesting design.

Fetishistic bondage time is here. Sam and Alex's bondage was rather tame, but Clover being chained by the neck with a dog collar type restraint to a chair is certainly more fetishistic.

The Black Knight is sort of handsome. This may be one of the reasons why people remember this episode so well, because of the villain wanting to make Clover his queen.

His voice is also somewhat familiar. Looking it up, I couldn't find any information on who he was played by. I'll try to find it in the credits later. Edit: The credits list Steve Blum and John Kassir. However, the don't say what parts they played. I'm going with John Kassir as the Black Knight, who is most famous for doing the voice of the Crypt Keeper from Tales from the Crypt! IMDB backs this up and lists him as Midevil Man/Madman in the episode. It also says he does a voice in Aliens.

He actually mentions "coming back from the future." lol

He tries to kiss her. XD Great scene. Clover doesn't want any of it, which is kind of OOC. She says he's starting to act "all kinds of creepy." lol

The all weather umbrella gadget acting as a force-field shield is kind of interesting. I'm pretty sure this is its only appearance.

The Black Knight may be spooning Clover's ass a bit as their riding together on his horse. XD

Clover complains about him not having an SUV instead of a horse. lol

The fire beam coming from the giant gyroscope tank thing the Black Knight has is pretty cool, especially when it's blasting the knights on horses and stuff.

Of course, Clover falls for the king, the good guy, who appears to certainly be older than her. lol

Nice laser shoulder canon on the Black Knight's armor. It's kind of reminiscent of Iron Man or Warm Machine.

"Just hand over the crown or I'll toast ya."

Clover - "If you're done with me, I'll be leaving now." Did something happen earlier between them that wasn't on camera? XD

Sam and Alex crawling up the castle with the Wolverine claws is cool looking. Too bad there isn't an upskirt angle. a11.gif

"That dress looks lovely on you." The Black Knight in reference to Clover now being in a more Midevil type dress while being chained to a rock. I wonder if he watched her change her clothes. XD

"You're going to need to lose the attitude, babe. My queen is all about obedience." Hilarious.

He's going to rule the kingdom and the entire world. What would a villain be if they didn't want to rule the world? Of course, that doesn't include all the TS villains that just want to get revenge for some petty reason, which I'm sure constitutes more than half of them.

He says "back to the future" again. lol

His plan involves accumulating wealth in the past so he's worth billions in the present. Actually a not too bad plan.

Alex lays very spread eagle on her stomach after falling down some steps in the suit of armor she jacked. Sam pulls her by her legs out of the way. lol

Holy shit. The next scene has Sam holding Alex on the ground with one hand over her mouth and the other hand over her left breast. XD Never noticed this one before!

Nice wink from Sam at Clover.

Clover - "This guy wants me to learn to play the harp, embroider silk tapestries, and eat peacock! How gross is that!" Definitely smell a double entendre. XD And it's not like you don't do that often Clover! lol

Like the veil attached to the back of Clvoer's Sayla (from Gundam) hair-do.

The biggest thing Clover is upset about in regards to the future possibly being changed so Beverly Hills no longer exists is not being able to beat Mandy in the Halloween contest. Yeah, overt obsession much? XD I'm sure she's never thought about Mandy during her private alone time at all. whistle.gif

Wow he just torched an entire village. Cool. XD

Love the slight techno/electronica vibe to a lot of TS's background music.

Sam - "OK girls, time to hover!" Another appearance of the "Sam is bad at one-liners" running gag.

The hover boards are definitely very cool!

And of course, the Black Knight accidentally destroys his own gyroscope-fire canon thing.

Clover - "We've got one more thing to do if we want to get back to the future." This is the third or fourth time this phrase has been used in this episode. Obviously, the writer really likes the film franchise.

Clover almost smooches the king after the Black Knight is defeated. Unfortunately, she's interrupted by pissed off town's people, and then Sam sends them back to the future. Long emotional good bye look before she's pulled into the portal. Awwww. XD I guess she didn't get laid this episode unless something happened with the Black Knight earlier off screen. xd

Arnold's Periodic Table of Elements costume is awesome. XD I totally forgot about that part.

Sam, Clover, and Alex are sitting in some seats surrounded by other people in costumes. I recognize Jason Vorhees, Freddy Kruger, Ghost Face (from Scream, not the Wu-Tang Clan), the Fly, the Wolfman, a half-assed Frankenstein, a gray Alien with a really big head, and what could be Darth Vader (hard to tell).

Mandy wins as a "Beverly Hills Style Witch"! Fucking awesome. Her costume is super fucking sexy as well. Love the really long gloves, boots, and the snake necklace thing! Pretty dominatrix-esque. The fangs and eye shadow are also great. Catlin and Dominique's witch costumes are sexy too! They also have cool bat masks over their eyes.

As Clover walks by, I also notice Pinhead from the Hellraiser series in the crowd.

LOL at Catlin and Dominique also being the judges!

Catlin - "No one likes a sore loser, Clover!" God, her voice is so cute here. Squeaky and high pitched. I love it! XD

Dominique - "And face it, your costumes just aren't authentic enough!" Dominique's voice is way more valley girl than I remember it. XD

Sam - "Forget it, Clover. These two Mandy clones know nothing about authenticity." Also forgot they were actually referred to as "Mandy clones" at some point in the show.

And Clover falls for another blonde guy dressed up as a king. As is the nature of Clover, she goes through guys like candy. XD

Alex - "Who knows Sammy, they say third times the charm." In reference to Clover being with three kings in one episode. lol

Interesting sparkly background of them all dancing with guys in Midevil costumes as it pans out into the credits.

Overall:

Another classic episode. Perhaps not one of my all time favorites, but certainly very memorable. The time travel and Clover romance, forced and unforced, certainly make this episode memorable and set it apart from other very early episodes. I also really liked the subplot with Mandy and Clover facing off in a Halloween costume contest, although it was a bit short screen-time wise.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KodeBreaker
post Apr 21 2012, 07:23 AM
Post #2

We cry lethean tears
Group Icon

Group: Uber Mod
Member No.: 8
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Clover/Britney
Favorite Anime: Hellsing Ultimate
Favorite Manga: Dimension W
Favorite Book: Mr. Mercedes
Favorite Musician(s): KoRn
Favorite Album: The Serenity of Suffering

Get ready for some replies. XD Really sorry I had to do it this way, post wouldn't let me quote 26, yes 26, times...lol

Edit by Syxx: Fixed the issue with number of quotes allowed, raising it to 200. I'll go ahead and fix this post now so it's easier to read. XD

QUOTE (Syxx @ Apr 20 2012, 05:07 PM) *
1) Clover makes a random comment about the chemical mixture Alex made being a great shade for eye-shadow, and Sam gets pissed because they're supposed to be focusing on the lab project. Vintage early TS.

1) Typical, I love it. biggrin.gif

2) Random short scene of Mandy and Clover playing some game show to represent Clover just trashing Mandy with a diss about her clothes already being a Halloween costume. I really liked short moments in the earlier seasons.

2) They should bring these back more. I remember Alex hog-tying Mandy in one of the episodes, I think it was "Aliens".

3) Clover's butterfly hairpin is cute in this episode. This is one thing TS was ground breaking on. The girls actually have different outfits every single episode (except for the few exceptions where they bring back a classic like Mandy's sexy tight black leather pants XD).

3) I would remember watching a new TS episode just to see what they were wearing. Pity that was so long ago...

4) Pogo-Bounce Sandals, Laser Heat Curling Irons, and Mighty Fine Expendable Mascara Brush. The gadgets were certainly a lot girlier during the first two seasons.

The other gadgets are obvious references. "Head for Cover Hover Boards" are a reference to Back to the Future II, and "Cat Fight Gloves with Retractable Claws" certainly reference Wolverine (with three claws coming out in-between the fingers).

4) I like the later gadgets more, but that's just me. It was probably wise of them to stick to the element of the show earlier on though.

5) They're WOOHPed out of Jerry's office in some kind of rocket powered UFO looking thing. On the other hand, some of the earlier WOOHPings were a lot more complex.

5) I remember laughing pretty hard at their WOOHPing in "Get Away". Gotta love it.

6) The pyramid thing is called the END, short for "Electronic Nullification Device." Pretty amusing name.

6) One thing I can tell you about TS...they KNOW their acronyms, damnit. XD I remember Alex cracking a joke about an "Up-whatty?" once. XD

7) The video quality on these DVDs is really excellent. I just wish Goodtimes made more of them. x___X The level of upscalling here proves to me an excellent looking HD version of the first two seasons is certainly very possible.

7) HD... *drool*

8) Some how Jerry is able to contact Clover on her Compowder from the present time. I have no idea how this is even possible. Jerry's GPS system though can apparently tell him she's in Midevil England. This part I think is memorable for some of the most unplausibly stretched logic in any TS episode. lol

8) I don't even. XD I can definitely remember this part as a "WTF" moment...

Jerry: Why Clover, you appear to be 1000 years in the past!

Clover: Like WHAAAAAAT?! *screams so loud Jerry's ears burst*

[/overreaction]

9) Dungeons and Dragons reference by Clover. I'm surprised she even knows what that is.

9) I'm surprised I don't know much of it. I've really only heard of the name.

10) "Oozing and clumping? Mighty fine, my butt!" Clover in reference to the performance of the mascara gadget. If the tone of her voice was different, she could be calling her butt "mighty fine." XD

10) Clover has a mighty fine butt, didn't you know? a05.gif

11) The Black Knight is sort of handsome. This may be one of the reasons why people remember this episode so well, because of the villain wanting to make Clover his queen

11) whistle.gif

12) His voice is also somewhat familiar. Looking it up, I couldn't find any information on who he was played by. I'll try to find it in the credits later. Edit: The credits list Steve Blum and John Kassir. However, the don't say what parts they played. I'm going with John Kassir as the Black Knight, who is most famous for doing the voice of the Crypt Keeper from Tales from the Crypt! IMDB backs this up and lists him as Midevil Man/Madman in the episode. It also says he does a voice in Aliens.

12) GET OUT. Really? I loved Tales from the Crypt! This is awesome information, thanks!

13) He tries to kiss her. XD Great scene. Clover doesn't want any of it, which is kind of OOC. She says he's starting to act "all kinds of creepy." lol

13) Clover doesn't kiss creepy men. =D Useful piece of info.

14) Of course, Clover falls for the king, the good guy, who appears to certainly be older than her. lol

14) Always the good guys. a24.gif

15) Nice laser shoulder canon on the Black Knight's armor. It's kind of reminiscent of Iron Man or War Machine.

15) Oh cool. I'll have to check that out again, along with the other tons of stuff you've mentioned, lol

16) "That dress looks lovely on you." The Black Knight in reference to Clover now being in a more Midevil type dress while being chained to a rock. I wonder if he watched her change her clothes. XD

16) Yes. The dress. And the rock chaining. How very DiD-ish. Loved every bit of it. Too bad Sam and Alex had to come rescue her...

17) Clover - "This guy wants me to learn to play the harp, embroider silk tapestries, and eat peacock! How gross is that!" Definitely smell a double entendre. XD And it's not like you don't do that often Clover! lol

17) They got that in?! Oh dear Lord. XD Bwaaaahaha. Oh come on Clover, the harp is a great instrument. tongue.gif And she doesn't eat p... waaaaaah XDXD

lol

18) Wow he just torched an entire village. Cool. XD

18) Kill it with fire?

19) The hover boards are definitely very cool!

19) Those were great! I'd love to see those again! They were Silver Surfer-esque IIRC...

20) And of course, the Black Knight accidentally destroys his own gyroscope-fire canon thing.

20) Like how most things go, the villain goes back to plan again...only for the same thing to happen again...and again...and this is why most villains never learn. Ignorance is bliss.

21) Clover almost smooches the king after the Black Knight is defeated. Unfortunately, she's interrupted by pissed off town's people, and then Sam sends them back to the future. Long emotional good bye look before she's pulled into the portal. Awwww. XD I guess she didn't get laid this episode unless something happened with the Black Knight earlier off screen. xd

21) Sad Clover is sad. sad.gif They need to slip in a good kiss in TS. Even if the show is directed towards a certain audience.

22) Arnold's Periodic Table of Elements costume is awesome. XD I totally forgot about that part.

22) I must have missed that too. Okay I really need to re-watch this episode now. XD

23) Sam, Clover, and Alex are sitting in some seats surrounded by other people in costumes. I recognize Jason Vorhees, Freddy Kruger, Ghost Face (from Scream, not the Wu-Tang Clan), the Fly, the Wolfman, a half-assed Frankenstein, a gray Alien with a really big head, and what could be Darth Vader (hard to tell).

23) Freddy Krueger? Ghost Face? Awesome.

24) Mandy wins as a "Beverly Hills Style Witch"! Fucking awesome. Her costume is super fucking sexy as well. Love the really long gloves, boots, and the snake necklace thing! Pretty dominatrix-esque. The fangs and eye shadow are also great. Catlin and Dominique's witch costumes are sexy too! They also have cool bat masks over their eyes.

LOL at Catlin and Dominique also being the judges!

24) I knew it! It was all a set-up, I tell ye! :'(

25) And Clover falls for another blonde guy dressed up as a king. As is the nature of Clover, she goes through guys like candy. XD

25) It's just not Clover without that, is it? Haha. Still love her.

26) Overall:

Another classic episode. Perhaps not one of my all time favorites, but certainly very memorable. The time travel and Clover romance, forced and unforced, certainly make this episode memorable and set it apart from other very early episodes. I also really liked the subplot with Mandy and Clover facing off in a Halloween costume contest, although it was a bit short screen-time wise.

26) I liked this episode for the fact that it took place in a different time period (I'm a sucker for time travel XD), for the hoverboards, and for Clover's hilarious antics throughout. XD She's just that great. XD clovergif.gif

You did a great review and I'm glad you did do it, danke schon Syxx. smile.gif

Can't we just be selfish for one more day...

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Apr 21 2012, 03:44 PM
Post #3

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Raised the max post limit to 200 and fixed your post. Sorry about that. I guess I didn't imagine we would need more than 20 quotes at some point. XD

2) They should bring these back more. I remember Alex hog-tying Mandy in one of the episodes, I think it was "Aliens".

That's another great scene. Super femslashy as well. z03.gif

10) Clover has a mighty fine butt, didn't you know? a05.gif

She certainly does. a09.gif

11) whistle.gif

I said him, not you. tongue.gif

12) GET OUT. Really? I loved Tales from the Crypt! This is awesome information, thanks!

No problem. XD That took a bit of research to find out. It's not listed on TV.com. Sometime I need to make a list of guest appearances or something for the website.

13) Clover doesn't kiss creepy men. =D Useful piece of info.

Just try not to come off as creepy when you want to kiss her. LOL.

16) Yes. The dress. And the rock chaining. How very DiD-ish. Loved every bit of it. Too bad Sam and Alex had to come rescue her...

Yeah it's a good DID scene. What would have happened if they didn't? LOL.

17) They got that in?! Oh dear Lord. XD Bwaaaahaha. Oh come on Clover, the harp is a great instrument. tongue.gif And she doesn't eat p... waaaaaah XDXD

lol

She doesn't eat peas. But she eats plenty of the other part. XD

You did a great review and I'm glad you did do it, danke schon Syxx. :smile:

You're welcome!

+Quote Post
Mezoroth
post Apr 21 2012, 06:51 PM
Post #4

Dangerously close to doing "The Voice"
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 15
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Them Luxe Cousins, or Mandy and Yvette lol
Favorite Anime: Geass, Bamboo Blades, Sailah Moonz
Favorite Manga: Hajime Ippo, Bamboo Blades
Favorite Comic: Empowered, Deadpool & Cable, Dylan Dog
Favorite Book: Zombie Survival Guide
Favorite Game: GTA, SF, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon, Yakuzas

I actually popped this one in last night after seeing a few of the comments and getting nostalgic. I'll give more thorough reply later, but this is a classic and is classicly my first ep of TS. Aside from the last 5 minutes I caught of one during a marathon, this was the first I threw onto tape.
...Good times...
I do quite like the art in this one. Seems more consistant with others in the first two seasons than the other super early eps.

GOT IT COACH
Retsupurae
Arrange Stream (japanese)

Head Abbot of the Shrine of Princess Kimball since 2006
GASP! A character sketch for me?! Thanks Marathon! :3

The first step is admitting you have a problem...come obsess with me ;_;

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Apr 21 2012, 09:04 PM
Post #5

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

I do quite like the art in this one. Seems more consistant with others in the first two seasons than the other super early eps.

Looking at the Episode List in the navigation bar, it was actually the 18th episode produced. For some reason, i thought it was a lot earlier than that. May have to do with it being with the earlier episodes on the DVD or being one of the first episodes that CN aired.

+Quote Post
Mezoroth
post Apr 21 2012, 09:40 PM
Post #6

Dangerously close to doing "The Voice"
Group Icon

Member No.: 15
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Them Luxe Cousins, or Mandy and Yvette lol
Favorite Anime: Geass, Bamboo Blades, Sailah Moonz
Favorite Manga: Hajime Ippo, Bamboo Blades
Favorite Comic: Empowered, Deadpool & Cable, Dylan Dog
Favorite Book: Zombie Survival Guide
Favorite Game: GTA, SF, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon, Yakuzas

Yeah, I know what you mean. It was like the fourth one ABC Family showed after Musicians, New Jerry & Getaway. Queen for a Day came along later in their airings. I didn't get CN until they were on season 2's latter half (WOW onward), so I'm not sure on their order of facts.
Sucks cause TS is SUCH a continuity heavy show, get one out of order and ya don't know which end is up. tongue.gif

GOT IT COACH
Retsupurae
Arrange Stream (japanese)

Head Abbot of the Shrine of Princess Kimball since 2006
GASP! A character sketch for me?! Thanks Marathon! :3

The first step is admitting you have a problem...come obsess with me ;_;

+Quote Post
NinjaNick101
post Apr 23 2012, 07:43 AM
Post #7

Ninja
Group Icon

Member No.: 198
Favorite Character:

It is indeed a classic TS episode. Great outfits from Clover (especially the hairpin, which eventually became useful) and Sam. It must've been so cool running into a time portal. Poor Alex and Sam getting witch hunted by townspeople. Definitely loved the hover boards. The backwards kick from Alex and Sam against the knights were awesome. I liked Mandy's acceptance speech when she won the contest. At least the spies got a happy ending.

+Quote Post
TB74
post Apr 25 2012, 02:38 AM
Post #8

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Member No.: 380
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Me + Kugimiya Rie :)
Favorite Anime: Maria-Sama ga Miteru
Favorite Comic: Philemon
Favorite Movie: The Big Lebowski
Favorite Book: The Complete Works of Howard Philips Lovecraft
Favorite Musician(s): Kalafina

Mandy had the cutest Halloween costume in this episode! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Chelle
post Mar 12 2013, 10:04 PM
Post #9

Spy Chic IV
Group Icon

Member No.: 554
Favorite Character:

WOW haha! I really loved this! I'm new here, so if you have any more commentaries let me know smile.gif

As always,
PeaceLoveTotally

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Mar 12 2013, 10:52 PM
Post #10

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Chelle @ Mar 12 2013, 05:04 PM) *
WOW haha! I really loved this! I'm new here, so if you have any more commentaries let me know smile.gif

Thank you! XD Glad you liked it!

I did commentaries on Queen for a Day and also every Season 5 episode. If you want an easy way to find them, use the Episode Guide on the top navigation bar. Each episode I did a commentary for has a link on there. Here's the direct link to it:

http://tsug.net/?autocom=jlogica_pagemaker...o=show&id=2

+Quote Post
TB74
post Mar 13 2013, 05:08 AM
Post #11

Queen Bee
Group Icon

Member No.: 380
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Me + Kugimiya Rie :)
Favorite Anime: Maria-Sama ga Miteru
Favorite Comic: Philemon
Favorite Movie: The Big Lebowski
Favorite Book: The Complete Works of Howard Philips Lovecraft
Favorite Musician(s): Kalafina

Clover makes a random comment about the chemical mixture Alex made being a great shade for eye-shadow, and Sam gets pissed because they're supposed to be focusing on the lab project. Vintage early TS.

Love that serious Sam and how she crashes her two friends' party. biggrin.gif

Mandy's voice seems a little restrained compared to Jenifer Hale's later performances of her. Still sounds like my lovely Mandy though.

Sounds a bit more natural too, IMHO. I like it this way. But not as funny as the over the top, whinny voice she usually has, that's sure.

Random short scene of Mandy and Clover playing some game show to represent Clover just trashing Mandy with a diss about her clothes already being a Halloween costume. I really liked short moments in the earlier seasons.

Those moments are often what makes TS so fun.

Liking Dominique's outfit with the bare midriff and thigh high stockings. a09.gif

Couldn't disagree here. Always thought Alex and Sam's nemesises were as sexy as the Spies. I wished we could've seen a bit more of Mandy with her two friends.

Sam is also wearing some sexy thigh high stockings as well. I also dig Alex's long boots. Very nice. a09.gif

Clover's butterfly hairpin is cute in this episode. This is one thing TS was ground breaking on. The girls actually have different outfits every single episode (except for the few exceptions where they bring back a classic like Mandy's sexy tight black leather pants XD).

Love when the Spies show some skin. Either thighs, belly or shoulders.

And characters having different clothes is indeed very rare in animation. I mean, Bart Simpson even made a joke about this in one episode (although they did wear other clothes at times, like at church or on some family holidays, or in the gym).

Wishing Sam would move her knees apart on that couch/landing pad. a11.gif

Great quasi-upskirt shot of Sam's juicy thighs before Jerry says, "Geronimo." a09.gif

I got to watch that episode again, if only for that! laugh.gif

Alex, "Oh no! You don't think we're in the Valley?" Lame but memorable joke. lol

Gotta love those naive replies. That's our Alex, alright.

Some how Jerry is able to contact Clover on her Compowder from the present time. I have no idea how this is even possible. Jerry's GPS system though can apparently tell him she's in Midevil England. This part I think is memorable for some of the most unplausibly stretched logic in any TS episode. lol

Another reason why TS episodes are so funny. No need for logic, as long as it supports the storyline. laugh.gif

Alex - "I've never stolen anything, except for maybe second base in co-ed baseball!" This line is famous for its sexual innuendo. xD Remind me to play baseball with Alex sometime. devil.gif She can use my bat. whistle.gif

ROFL

He tries to kiss her. XD Great scene. Clover doesn't want any of it, which is kind of OOC. She says he's starting to act "all kinds of creepy." lol

Don't agree here. She probably realized medieval charming princes weren't as charming as she thought. They smell, have crooked teeth, have real bad breath, etc. Remember, there was no soap of toothpaste back then, and Pasteur's discovery about germs was still to come. Add a guy acting creepy, and that's probably enough to turn Clover off, LoL!

Although this guy technically is not from the middle-ages, he probably has soap and toothpaste taken from future eras. Still, he may not be as charming as she'd expect, personal hygiene set appart, LoL.

Clover complains about him not having an SUV instead of a horse. lol

Typical, exagerated, spoiled teenager talk, here.

Of course, Clover falls for the king, the good guy, who appears to certainly be older than her. lol

Yeah. Kings are rich. So they can bath more regulary, and buy the rare, expensive perfurmes they had back then, LoL.

"You're going to need to lose the attitude, babe. My queen is all about obedience." Hilarious.

Typical non-medieval talk, here. laugh.gif

Holy shit. The next scene has Sam holding Alex on the ground with one hand over her mouth and the other hand over her left breast. XD Never noticed this one before!

Nice wink from Sam at Clover.

Okay. Gotta watch this episode again. Really. biggrin.gif

Mandy wins as a "Beverly Hills Style Witch"! Fucking awesome. Her costume is super fucking sexy as well. Love the really long gloves, boots, and the snake necklace thing! Pretty dominatrix-esque. The fangs and eye shadow are also great. Catlin and Dominique's witch costumes are sexy too! They also have cool bat masks over their eyes.

Very sexy indeed. Worth first place, IMHO. a09.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 07:57 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.