Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

Well my internet went out right while I was watching the video, so I guess I'll post this talkback tomorrow. I didn't actually get to finish it. It crapped out right as the spies were talking to Jerry after the mission.

First big thing to note was that the auto-translation for the subtitles was absolute shit for this episode. It seemed OK for Part I, but it was off the rails for this episode, translating the villain's name as "King Money," "Sam, Alex, Clover" as Sarah McLaughlin, and A+ to "apple capital attack."

So yeah, I'm going to need to watch this again at some point since that obviously affected my viewing experience.

I did like this episode though because there was a lot of Mandy, and when there is a lot of Mandy, I'm happy. Xd My favorite part of the episode was probably the Monona Vogue parody with Mandy doing dance moves by moving her hands and arms around.

Like the previous episode, violence was at a bare minimum, so it was more of a series of chase scenes than fighting. That's understandable given what this episode was made for, and I don't think it will reflect on Season 6 as a whole.

I did, however, like the Versailles statue gollums. They were pretty cool. I thought the fight scenes were still entertaining, although they obviously had to be limited. I also liked the bean that grows into a tree gadget.

I loved the part about Mandy thinking she was Marie Antoinette. It was perfect. Unfortunately, the dialogue got put through a blender so I wasn't able to get many of the jokes with her being in character as her. I also have to say if Mandy is Marie Antoinette, then Sam should be Lady Oscar. z03.gif Of course, there should be a different ending here for this version Rose of Versailles. x_X

Other weird stuff, I'm pretty sure Plunkett references Al-Queada at one point, and Clover mentions Windows 8. Am I right? I really hope those are able to make it into the English version.

As for fanservice/subtext, I did notice a couple bits. Alex blushes strangely as she straddles the fish statue and it starts vibrating and moving. Pretty nice. a09.gif Also, Sam appears to be very concerned again about Mandy's safety, much more so than her partners, which is in line with Sam/Mandy fanon. Sam also seems glad when Mandy is back to normal again. Sam-icon.png heart1.gif Mandy-icon.png

It was also nice I think that Trent factored in very little here at all, so we got more Mandy!

Over all, I liked watching it, but it's obvious they are holding back a bit due to it being produced for the Palace. Still, lots of Mandy looking very cute in a themed costume will make me enjoy anything!

Edit: Finished the episode. Only additional comment is that Trent needs to get his hand the fuck off Mandy's hand! mad.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mezoroth
post Jun 25 2013, 08:22 AM
Post #2

Dangerously close to doing "The Voice"
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 15
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Them Luxe Cousins, or Mandy and Yvette lol
Favorite Anime: Geass, Bamboo Blades, Sailah Moonz
Favorite Manga: Hajime Ippo, Bamboo Blades
Favorite Comic: Empowered, Deadpool & Cable, Dylan Dog
Favorite Book: Zombie Survival Guide
Favorite Game: GTA, SF, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon, Yakuzas

TOP LEL I CALLED IT
I mentioned to Justin in a PM when I first saw this ep that'd you'd pick right up on that Alex statue bit first time through. This show. XD

I actually haven't tried google translating the subs for this, so I really am curious about the Al Quiada and Windows 8. Maybe googles drunk.

Yeah I can't wait for this ep in English to see Jen Hale cut loose with Mandy.

GOT IT COACH
Retsupurae
Arrange Stream (japanese)

Head Abbot of the Shrine of Princess Kimball since 2006
GASP! A character sketch for me?! Thanks Marathon! :3

The first step is admitting you have a problem...come obsess with me ;_;

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jun 25 2013, 08:38 AM
Post #3

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

QUOTE (Mezoroth @ Jun 25 2013, 03:22 AM) *
TOP LEL I CALLED IT
I mentioned to Justin in a PM when I first saw this ep that'd you'd pick right up on that Alex statue bit first time through. This show. XD

How could anyone not notice this? She was totally feeling the vibration there for a moment. If only this scene went on longer. whistle.gif

I actually haven't tried google translating the subs for this, so I really am curious about the Al Quiada and Windows 8. Maybe googles drunk.

Yeah I can't wait for this ep in English to see Jen Hale cut loose with Mandy.

Al Queda and Windows 8 are also in the French subs. So I guess those may really be in there. Did Justin do those?

I think Plunkett thinks they have been abducted by Al-Queda. LOL.

+Quote Post
T C
post Jun 25 2013, 08:50 AM
Post #4

Lackey

Group: Members
Member No.: 568
Favorite Character:

I think the auto translation for part I was came from Justin's French subs that he transcribed himself. He has yet to do that for part II I think, so the auto translation was probably translated from the French auto-caption which is ALWAYS off lol

Anyway, did you guys see Alex stick the key up the statue's butt? Hahaha

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 09:44 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.