Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

Ok, it's officially aired in the US. So I'd say it's time for a talkback! XD

Personally, I really, really liked the movie. May have not been the greatest animated film ever made, but it really delivered for me personally as a TS fan and as a fan of animated films in general.

Things I liked:

The animation and backgrounds I felt were great. Wasn't kinda sure about it based on earlier trailers, but I was proven wrong after watching this thing in 1080p on Direct Tv. The detailed backgrounds, bright color schemes, etc. all worked together well to create an immersive experience.

Comedy was funny. I laughed several times at the gags. Definitely witty enough for a great Totally Spies outing.

I also liked the plot. While nothing that ground breaking, it was just presented in a very fun way that didn't take itself extremely seriously like most TS episodes. Just a lot of fun.

Villains I also felt were good. Tad being the arrogant douche in Dean's uniform was great. I also liked Fabu and his Russian goon.

Mandy was very over the top. I liked her a lot here, especially when she grabbed onto a curtain and swung down a balcony like Tarzan. XD

Things I didn't like:

The used Jerry's couch from 3rd-5th season instead of the heart shaped landing pad. This kind of creates a plot hole. Worse though is they could've used it as an excuse for gratuitous yuri dog piles. XD They did use "compowders" isntead of "x-powders" so I give them credit for at least keeping that consistency

Not enough Mandy. XD I wasn't expecting her to be all over the movie, but still I need MOAR. Hopefully, she can figure more predominantly into the plot of the next TS thing they do.

Yuri/Yaoi moments:

Mandy checking out Sam near the begining, eyeing her while saying, "There's something I need to take care of," defintiely set off the Samandy alarm. XD sammys.gif heart1.gif mandygif.gif

Second Samandy moment, out of all the students she could choose to stalk, Sam chooses Mandy.

Third moment, before they break into her room Sam is using the infrared sunglasses. It may be my imagination, I need to watch this over again more closely, but I think she could see through her nighty to her lingerie. XD Her eyes did have an adverse reaction to something she saw, maybe a lot more of Mandy than she was expecting. XD

Some decent Sam/Clover/Alex moments too. LOL at them getting stuck together during the hug.

I'm also pretty sure I spotted one of them fondling the other's breast while they were hugging on the rocket. XD

There was one Sam/Alex dogpile, although not as gratuitous as in the regular episodes unfortunately. My main complaint here there weren't more of those. This is a TS staple Marathon. XD

Sam goes undercover in drag as Clover's husband and Alex's father. XD Alex looked adorable in that dress btw.

Lastly, Fabu seems rather flaming, which was cool. I definitely like the more over the top probably gay TS villains.

Other Random Fanservice things:

There's two shots where you can see a lot of Clover ass crack. XD

Clover calling out Jerry on being a pervert for monitoring them as they grow up was great. She even tried to call the police! XD The extreme blackmail that followed afterwords just proves how creepy WOOHP really is.

Homages I noticed:

The mirror maze scene from Enter the Dragon was reproduced. Pretty cool.

Michael Jackson's moonwalk. In fact, Fabu seems like a pretty big homage to Michael Jackson in general. He looks very close to later years "white" Michael Jackson. This was probalby being worked on before he died I think.

Sailor Moon with Clover's hilarious costume designs. Hilarious reference.

The WOOHP space ships also looked familiar. I can't remember what they're from, but they're from something. Could be the space shuttle in Alien they used to land LV-426. Maybe something else though.

TS itself. There's probalby hundreds of cameos by different characters in there. Also the young version of Sam/Alex/Clover used their 80's-fied designs from I Hate the 80's.

Memorable dialogue:

There was definitely some funny quotes in there, but I can't remember much of them right now other than something like, "Alex, hold on, we're coming." Sorry, I'm fucking terrible. XD

There was also another weird one from Sam about docking. XD

Other fun things:

I liked Oinky. Very funny, although I wonder what happened to him. I hope he didn't end up as Christmas dinner or something. XD

More evidence Clover is a whore. She's immediately throwing herself at the older guy working for WOOHP after 1 second on the job, and also reveals later she has a "black book" she gets a lot of use out of. XD

Weird things:

The audio and animation became out of sync during the last few minutes of movie, making Sam talk with Alex's voice, etc. Technical difficulties much?

Umm, that's everything I can think of right now. Might add more when as it comes back to me or when I watch it again.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mikei
post Apr 26 2010, 01:42 AM
Post #2

Wannabe

Group: Members
Member No.: 57
Favorite Character:

I liked all the animation except the cars/buses. They kinda looked out of style and didnt fit in with the backround.

Everything else was nice.

+Quote Post
Dixon
post Apr 26 2010, 01:45 AM
Post #3

Loser

Member No.: 63
Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Mikei @ Apr 26 2010, 09:42 AM) *
I liked all the animation except the cars/buses. They kinda looked out of style and didnt fit in with the backround.

Everything else was nice.

have u recorded it, i really really wanna watch it

+Quote Post
LauraD
post Apr 26 2010, 01:59 AM
Post #4

"Don't touch that dial!"
Group Icon

Member No.: 2
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Samdy
Favorite Anime: NGE, Dirty Pair, Lucky Star
Favorite Comic: Preacher, The Boys
Favorite Movie: Tenebre, Naked Lunch
Favorite Book: Ubik
Favorite Musician(s): The Damned, Clash, PIL
Favorite Album: 'Give Daddy The Knife, Cindy' - Naz Nomad

I was VERY pleased with this outing of TS - You caught most of the main points of homage it seems Mr Syxx, and I totally agree that there needed to be much moar Mandy - she truly brought the bitch! tongue.gif

You could really tell that Marathon spent their money wisely on the film, because it definitely shows up on the screen. But I was looking at the returns on the movie, and at least according to Wikipedia (accurate source that THEY are! [/sarcasm]), it was just north of 5 million Euro to produce, and had a return of just south of 2 million in it's first 4 weeks. I hope that's not true, because that would put the kibosh on any sequels... 0.o

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
"If crazy was pajamas I'd be in bed already."

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Apr 26 2010, 02:09 AM
Post #5

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (LauraD @ Apr 26 2010, 01:59 AM) *
I was VERY pleased with this outing of TS - You caught most of the main points of homage it seems Mr Syxx, and I totally agree that there needed to be much moar Mandy - she truly brought the bitch! tongue.gif

You could really tell that Marathon spent their money wisely on the film, because it definitely shows up on the screen. But I was looking at the returns on the movie, and at least according to Wikipedia (accurate source that THEY are! [/sarcasm]), it was just north of 5 million Euro to produce, and had a return of just south of 2 million in it's first 4 weeks. I hope that's not true, because that would put the kibosh on any sequels... 0.o

I wonder how often that was updated though. If it didn't make all its money back in the theater, there will be good news in the sense they will definitely be trying to get their money back via home video releases. I mean seriously, if they don't release this on DVD or bluray in North America, they're stupid.

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post Apr 26 2010, 02:12 AM
Post #6

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

Animation was top notch, but that's what you'd expect for the kind of budget they had.

Cameos, Cameos, CAMEOS! XD Arnold, Tara, Triple Threat, Milan, and all the extras you can shake a stick at!

Now as far as the writing, it was like an extended TS episode. Pretty good, though not without a few faults.

The Good:
*Emphasizing that Team Spies did indeed start out as complete screwups
*WOOHP being made to look like a competent and serious organization
*Fabu and his assistant. They were pretty fun characters.
*Seeing a male version of the spy suits. It's about time
*Tad being The Starscream. I think in all of the 5 seasons, there has never been a Starscream. They've usually just been evil.

The Bad
I only have one real gripe with this movie: CONTINUITY ERRORS!
There are so many, you could make a drinking game and get tanked early on. Just to list a few:
*Season 3-5 WOOHP office
*X-Power with the quick change function. They called it the compowder, but it looked and acted exactly like the upgrade. Especially jarring if you remember they spent a good five minutes geeking out over the upgrade
*Jet Pack backpack is the season 3-5 version with wings
*Clover designing the spy suits: I'll be nice and call this one a retcon, because the only evidence to the contrary was a line in season 4
*Alex driving and not getting the cast near killed: I can be lenient on this one, but I gotta say, they didn't play it for laughs as much as they've done in the past.

The Random:
*Is it me, or is the entire student body at Bev High made of gigantic arseholes? No wonder Arnold told them off!
*Sam having to be restrained from beating the slag out of Mandy = WIN
*I think this is the first time they've really played on Clover's being blonde. She made Alex look pretty smart with the way she was acting
*Man, Mandy played "The Libby" trope in full force! It's like she was mean for the sake of being mean. Though I gotta say, they did a good job of her being less of a slut and more of a pimp. Way more than I can say for Clover! XD

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I should have wrote my impressions as I was watching it XD

+Quote Post
Sasami
post Apr 26 2010, 04:27 AM
Post #7

Loser

Member No.: 47
Favorite Character:

Reporting in from Washington.

The movie just got over, and I must say that I was excited, this year has been a nostalgic blast and the news of them bringing back a TS lineup might make me tune into CN daily like I did as a tot.

ONTO THE MAIN FOCUS.

I thought the animation in this movie was AH-mazing!! I especially like how they emphisize the Beverly Hills accent (The man's voice over the intercom in Bevhigh especially.) There was a more Japanse-esque style to what I remember though, which was alright with me because all the girls looked especially cute.

The plot was okay I thought. It didn't zing me, but it certainly wasn't a bad one. It was the way the characters interacted with and thought throughout the story that made the movie worthwhile. It was refreshing to see how our spies actually became friends, however I was peeved at the 3-5 season landing couch. I WANTED MY HEART BED. The time frame was totally off.

Ms. Skritch and Mandy were potrayed wonderfully as the bitchy characters. I thought that the way Skritch recovered a strand of Sam's hair was brilliant, as if she was this demented, over the top, out-to-get-you type of mentor. I especially like how Mandy got around the scenes, swinging across the mall, strutting at school, and pushing every minor character out of her way to get to where she wanted.

I must admit, the villians were well thought out. During the movie, the mystery was very compelling and I wasn't sure what to expect. I like the idea of the side fringe and chisled features as the "Pretty" look, it's very overused nowadays. (I'm more of a staight-banged sort of gal)

However one part of the movie confused me. When Fabu was revealing his evil plan and sent Ted strapped to the Diamond tip rocket to blow up earth, I understood it all up until I see Fabu riding in a decked out spaceship BACK TO EARTH.
I mean serriously, how do you expect to run your own world of Glamour, when you're HEADED BACK TO THE DESIGNATED BOMB SPOT?
Was there even a reason he appeared other than just to appear?

However, besides some minor plotholes the movie was a very well rounded and sculpted film which made me very satisfied to say in the least.

(LOL @ Sailor Moon refrences + Yuri Moments <3)

+Quote Post
Mezoroth
post Apr 26 2010, 05:18 AM
Post #8

Dangerously close to doing "The Voice"
Group Icon

Member No.: 15
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Them Luxe Cousins, or Mandy and Yvette lol
Favorite Anime: Geass, Bamboo Blades, Sailah Moonz
Favorite Manga: Hajime Ippo, Bamboo Blades
Favorite Comic: Empowered, Deadpool & Cable, Dylan Dog
Favorite Book: Zombie Survival Guide
Favorite Game: GTA, SF, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon, Yakuzas

Watched it with the crew that I was going to bribe with a free meal if it t'was to be a theatre release. Very amusing to watch with people who barely know the series, save everything they know of my rediculous attraction to it.

One thing you guys didn't mention? CN's promos for the "2 new series". Yeah, cuz this Totally Spies series is brand new to CN. Never on before. Nope. Not at all. Nevermind this movie we're showing of it. rolleyes.gif Also note that they used clips Thing For Muscians as well. Nothing says brand new like clips from 2001. Oh CN, you delight me. XD
Also, the sheer amount of TAS that flashed during said ads practically adds up to a full episode of it. I got to delight in explaining ZOMG Spiez to my friends, most of you guys probably had to grimace through it.

Glad to see it in general, both the movie in english and the show itself back on CN. Although I had to explain to my friend that "the Korean one" (he means a63.gif of course) wasn't in this one with a tear in me eye...

TS itself. There's probalby hundreds of cameos by different characters in there.

I mentioned it in the other thread for the movie, but theres a SHITTON of Martin Mystery NPCs among the extras. The glaringest one was when Clover was at that cafe near the beginning and her cards were getting declined. The clerk/waitress was Jenny with a hair swap. Outfit right outta a season 3 Martin episode. (I should do a lot more Martin season 3 screencaps to back all this up) But damn, so many of the others in "mob" scenes were from episodes of Martin, the rest from the latter parts of TS. Several from Evil Sorority, I noticed, as well as the "Hey! That's!" characters like Muffy and Milan.

I only have one real gripe with this movie: CONTINUITY ERRORS!
There are so many, you could make a drinking game and get tanked early on.

I already knew of the continuity errors, so I planned ahead and armed myself with a 40 of Colt 45 (it gives you a hangover while you drink! Facisinating!) and just sipped everytime I found myself pointing something out. Also drank to TS physics, Mandy attraction, NPC sighting, Amazing Spiez promo...
Dammit TS, you gave me a headache!

Cameos, Cameos, CAMEOS! XD Arnold, Tara, Triple Threat, Milan, and all the extras you can shake a stick at!

Arnold and Tara wuz there? Did they get recolored at all? I didn't notice them.

GOT IT COACH
Retsupurae
Arrange Stream (japanese)

Head Abbot of the Shrine of Princess Kimball since 2006
GASP! A character sketch for me?! Thanks Marathon! :3

The first step is admitting you have a problem...come obsess with me ;_;

+Quote Post
MikeV3jz
post Apr 26 2010, 07:15 AM
Post #9

RERORERORERO

Member No.: 67
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: Gundam Wing
Favorite Manga: Initial D
Favorite Movie: Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift
Favorite Book: magazines
Favorite Musician(s): Passion Pit
Favorite Album: all passion pit albums
Favorite Game: Spyro the dragon

I watched this movie earlier today and i had it recorded on my DVR.

But today i was insanely happy too see it,I liked the movie and that Russian guy was awesome lol

things i liked:

*The Russian guy
*the animation quality
*Fabu's space impala

Funny things:
*Jerry's carboard box
* Clover's spy outfit drawings
*Alex covered in moles(i think),Sam having green skin,Clover's giant eyebrows
*Ted accepting death when he was on the missle in space lol
*Sam shooting her belt onto the missle while it was taking off

The only dialouge that i thought was funny was Alex saying her middle name was foam lol

well thats all i can remember for now

+Quote Post
Dixon
post Apr 26 2010, 12:15 PM
Post #10

Loser

Member No.: 63
Favorite Character:

since u had it recorded, can u upload it??? it doesn't air in the country and many people don't get to watch it too, please if u can upload it, please do it. THX smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Apr 26 2010, 02:14 PM
Post #11

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Oh yeah, I forgot something important! When they're creeping around Mandy's room, you can see a big purple bra on the floor. XD

Also that woman's towel getting ripped off was a good moment. XD

I already knew of the continuity errors, so I planned ahead and armed myself with a 40 of Colt 45 (it gives you a hangover while you drink! Facisinating!) and just sipped everytime I found myself pointing something out. Also drank to TS physics, Mandy attraction, NPC sighting, Amazing Spiez promo...
Dammit TS, you gave me a headache!

Reminds me I still need to get blasted while watching TS. I think I may have done it while watching Eraser, but I can't remember. XD I'm sure it will make the comedy about five times more hilarious at least.

+Quote Post
alan
post Apr 26 2010, 05:14 PM
Post #12

Loser

Member No.: 26
Favorite Character:

QUOTE (LauraD @ Apr 26 2010, 03:59 AM) *
it was just north of 5 million Euro to produce, and had a return of just south of 2 million in it's first 4 weeks.

I read that somewhere:
"Cartoon Network also picked up the $20 million feature film "Totally Spies! The Movie,"

So i think it can help... laugh.gif but i know it was with two series too, but it helps anyway i think.
And i have no idea of the cost of a season of a serie like that, the first one, the fifth one... no idea.

+Quote Post
MikeV3jz
post Apr 26 2010, 06:30 PM
Post #13

RERORERORERO

Member No.: 67
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: Gundam Wing
Favorite Manga: Initial D
Favorite Movie: Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift
Favorite Book: magazines
Favorite Musician(s): Passion Pit
Favorite Album: all passion pit albums
Favorite Game: Spyro the dragon

i need to figure out a way to get the movie from my dvr

+Quote Post
alan
post Apr 27 2010, 05:05 PM
Post #14

Loser

Favorite Character:

In the original movie, Fabu had a german accent (because Lagarfield has german origins), and the other one has a russian accent, do they kept it in the English version ?

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post Apr 27 2010, 05:33 PM
Post #15

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Fabu's assistant has a Russian accent, but Fabu himself doesn't have any kind of accent. He actually sounds kinda queer.

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Apr 27 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #16

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Milly x Kallen.
Favorite Anime: Noein
Favorite Musician(s): Fiat Lux, Jesper Kyd, Thomas Dolby
Favorite Album: Astronauts and Heretics.
Favorite Game: GTA: Vice City

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ Apr 25 2010, 09:39 PM) *
The used Jerry's couch from 3rd-5th season instead of the heart shaped landing pad. This kind of creates a plot hole. Worse though is they could've used it as an excuse for gratuitous yuri dog piles. XD They did use "compowders" isntead of "x-powders" so I give them credit for at least keeping that consistency

I have a solution.

Remember Futureshock and all those Boogie Gus episodes? Sam Clover and Alex went back and forth through time so much that they eventually arrived in a universe where the heart shaped landing pad NEVER EXISTED. It was always couch.

Yeah, that's a rainbow unicorn. Big Woop. Wanna fight about it? My blog (which yeah, still has free music). But no rainbow unicorns. We need to fix that.

+Quote Post
LauraD
post Apr 28 2010, 02:48 PM
Post #17

"Don't touch that dial!"
Group Icon

Member No.: 2
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Samdy
Favorite Anime: NGE, Dirty Pair, Lucky Star
Favorite Comic: Preacher, The Boys
Favorite Movie: Tenebre, Naked Lunch
Favorite Book: Ubik
Favorite Musician(s): The Damned, Clash, PIL
Favorite Album: 'Give Daddy The Knife, Cindy' - Naz Nomad

As far as the whole couch/gadget thing goes, I'm guessing that if they ever air seasons 1-2 again it can be considered a continuity error. If not, then it can can be seen as a retcon.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
"If crazy was pajamas I'd be in bed already."

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Apr 28 2010, 03:47 PM
Post #18

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

^ Could your photoshops/redraws rock any more ass? sammys.gifheart1.gifmandygif.gif That may be a good one for the eventual fanfiction archive. XD

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post May 3 2010, 11:21 PM
Post #19

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Just rewatched the opening while testing this HQ version I got, and NOW I noticed Tara. She was in the Gym at the very beginning! XD

Ought to go through and take screens

+Quote Post
alan
post Jun 4 2010, 05:19 PM
Post #20

Loser

Favorite Character:

I suppose you saw that it is possible to find the movie in english on youtube now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff64whPleqo...feature=related

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 07:57 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.