Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

Ok, this episode has officially aired in the US, so time for a talkback.

I've seen this episode before via my computer monitor, but I still think it holds up as one of the best Season 5 episodes.

Things I Liked:

I really liked the plot of the entire school being abducted to relive their high school days forever. Pretty original, and the setting of graduation also adds extra significance to it.

Chet as the tweaked out quarterback/prom king was great for a villain. Not only that but he actually has some depth since he's obviously the result of the pressures and "class structure" of high school. Obviously, when he graduates he'll just be another asshole like everyone who graduates from high school losing his position and importance. This of course drove him crazy, which is demonstrated by the fact he wants them to make him meatloaf in a cardboard kitchen. Criticizing these kinds of douchebags I felt was great. XD

Also great due to having Arnold's best moment in the show when told the rest of the high school to go fuck their selves. Just excellent, although I wonder if he actually graduated since they left him behind. XD

Also gotta love anytime Mandy works together with the Spies even though it was brief. Also liked the fact she was arrogant enough to wear a designer cap and gown that was different from everyone else.

It was also good to watch this show in 1080p. Still a few slight aliasing problems over directv, but definitely a great improvement picture quality wise over previous Totally Spies viewings.

Things I Didn't Like:

Can't really think of anything. Only things I can think of was that Chet could've appeared in prior episodes to demonstrate his importance to the school or that the Mali-U decision came really suddenly at the end, but it's not really a big deal. This is Totally Spies after all.

Yuri Moments:

Obviously we get another crying, emotional, three way glomp from Sam/Clover/Alex, which has pretty much become a cliche for them at this point. They may as well be married for christ's sake.

One Samandy moment was again that Sam chooses to work with Mandy again and refers to her as "bait" (she must think she's desirable then Xd). I'm seeing a pattern here. XD

I also liked how Catlin and Dominique were fanning Mandy in the pool. Those two definitely enjoy being her slaves. XD

Other Fanservice Stuff:

When Clover opens her pajama top you can tell she doesn't have a bra on. XD I also like the fact she had to graduate in her slippers. She deserved that imo. XD

I think there was a line about Sam not wanting to go in a dirty hole. Sorry, I'll take my mind out of the gutter now. XD

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LauraD
post Apr 27 2010, 12:10 AM
Post #2

"Don't touch that dial!"
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Samdy
Favorite Anime: NGE, Dirty Pair, Lucky Star
Favorite Comic: Preacher, The Boys
Favorite Movie: Tenebre, Naked Lunch
Favorite Book: Ubik
Favorite Musician(s): The Damned, Clash, PIL
Favorite Album: 'Give Daddy The Knife, Cindy' - Naz Nomad

This was a great episode, and Chet was awesome in that he was certainly near the top of the TS "Batshit Crazy" meter. Definitely a 7.5 out of 10. One positive aspect of Chet's personality is that instead of simply reliving his past high school glory in quiet desperation ala' Al Bundy, he was extroverted enough to want to include his entire class.....FOREVER!! Bwahaha!!

Of interest to me was Jerry's comment at the end where he states that Chet's attitude was "being adjusted". I'm assuming this will be done at the 'WOOHP Reeducation Camp'. B.F. Skinner would be proud.

Favorite quote from Chet: " I'm glad you girls came back so I can discipline you properly!" Be still, my heart! heart1.gif

Poor Arnold... Even after his epic 'FU' moment, he still can't catch a break. I haven't seen the rest of season 5 yet, but can anyone tell me if he appears in any more episodes, or do they simply later discover his skeletal remains still trapped in the roof vent?

Mandy's cunning and treachery always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, and this episode was no exception. I still hold a flickering hope that Marathon will realize the error of their ways post - 'ZOMG Spiezzzzz', and create a show devoted to the real star of TS... ^^

Overall, a strong installment in the series.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
"If crazy was pajamas I'd be in bed already."

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post Apr 27 2010, 01:07 AM
Post #3

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

QUOTE (LauraD @ Apr 26 2010, 08:10 PM) *
Poor Arnold... Even after his epic 'FU' moment, he still can't catch a break. I haven't seen the rest of season 5 yet, but can anyone tell me if he appears in any more episodes, or do they simply later discover his skeletal remains still trapped in the roof vent?

Nope. This is the last appearance in the series for Arnold, Caitlin, and Dominique.

Also Syxx, it was Clover who didn't want to go in the hole, and then promptly complained about being covered in worm shit. XD

Things I liked:
*Arnold being Valedictorian. Sorry Sam, try harder XD
*Arnold's big "Screw You" to the class. Crowning Moment of Awesome indeed!
*Mandy's dress getting thrashed. Gotta say, she had that coming
*Seeing Phoebe in the crowd. Totally slipped my mind the last time I saw this.
*Chet's big ass Final Boss Machine. Gotta say, that was pretty cool looking

Things I disliked:
*I think the only thing that really bothered me was the slap-dash resolution to the splitting problem. Dropping possible career advancement plans for the sake of staying together? Gotta say, that's not very smart girls. I think that's just something I'll have to hold against the characters though, especially after seeing the movie.

Syxx's posts are always a joy to read XD

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Apr 27 2010, 01:43 AM
Post #4

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

^Thanks. LOL.

Also something else, Chet's football bombs reminded me of the football bombs in the skateboard level of Yo! Noid. Yes, TSUG is awesome enough to reference that game twice in one week.

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Apr 27 2010, 07:48 PM
Post #5

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Milly x Kallen.
Favorite Anime: Noein
Favorite Musician(s): Fiat Lux, Jesper Kyd, Thomas Dolby
Favorite Album: Astronauts and Heretics.
Favorite Game: GTA: Vice City

I haven't seen this episode yet, but after rewinding to the end of it to save tape space, I noticed CN aired the credits for "The Amazing Spiez" and NOT TS at the end.

I knew CN was dumb as rocks for not paying attention to a Season 2 episode title, but to air credits to a different show? That's a whole new level of dumb.

Note: May not apply to those watching the non-East coast feed.

Yeah, that's a rainbow unicorn. Big Woop. Wanna fight about it? My blog (which yeah, still has free music). But no rainbow unicorns. We need to fix that.

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post Apr 27 2010, 08:03 PM
Post #6

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Trillium @ Apr 27 2010, 03:48 PM) *
I haven't seen this episode yet, but after rewinding to the end of it to save tape space, I noticed CN aired the credits for "The Amazing Spiez" and NOT TS at the end.

I knew CN was dumb as rocks for not paying attention to a Season 2 episode title, but to air credits to a different show? That's a whole new level of dumb.

I watched the West Coast Feed yesterday, an they did the same thing.

Today, the East Coast feed had the proper credits but the French opening (which sucks BTW)

STRANGE, ISN'T IT

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Apr 27 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #7

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Trillium @ Apr 27 2010, 08:48 PM) *

I didn't notice that. Must be cause they always scrunch the hell out of credits for some promo. Still not as bad as the messed up dub at the last 30 seconds or so of the movie. XD It was still messed up on the second showing too.

+Quote Post
ErikBigCloverFan
post Jul 4 2010, 01:23 AM
Post #8

Wannabe

Member No.: 41
Favorite Character:

Here are my thoughts on this episode:

1. I was just as sad as Alex was, thinking they'd split up after graduation.

2. It sure was funny seeing Clover rummage through her room looking for the perfect graduation outfit.

3. I'm glad Jerry showed up to jet the girls to the ceremony on time because Alex set the clock wrong. I loved the way they parachuted down...with Alex landing on top of Mandy!!!

4. I also got kinda emotional seeing the girls give themselves a group hug before leaving high school.

5. I must admit, I liked hearing Arnold's valedictorian speech. That is...until Chet knocked everyone out with a sleeping gas!

6. Although I DID like how Mandy distracted Chet, I hated how she just sat by while the girls were getting their butts kicked while trying to capture him.

7. I'm really glad the girls were able to escape that fake kitchen through the vent and to the roof.

8. It was scary seeing the girls try to outrun Chet. I'm glad they escaped by digging under the force-field.

9. When they returned, I loved how the girls used their gadgets to stop Chet's machine. I also loved Alex tossed a rock through it's tank cannon to stop it.

10. I loved when Alex suggested that they all got to Mali-U instead of seperate schools.

11. Seeing them all graduate was a nice way to end the episode!

A good ep. 3 stars. biggrin.gif

[

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Aug 5 2010, 11:54 PM
Post #9

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

I have questions.

Who is this and why isn't there any more art of her? She's cute.

Dibs and such.

We totally need a "Favorite Unnamed Background Character" topic. It'll give us something new to discuss that we've never touched on.

Yeah, that's a rainbow unicorn. Big Woop. Wanna fight about it? My blog (which yeah, still has free music). But no rainbow unicorns. We need to fix that.

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Aug 6 2010, 11:51 AM
Post #10

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

I second the idea of a "Favorite Unnamed Background Character" topic!

Anyway, I wish that this was the first episode of Season 5 I saw as opposed to second to last! Oh well.

Interesting episode. Sad to see them leave Bev High but an interesting change of pace. Chet was totally nuts. Kidnapping all the seniors and attempting to blow some of them up with football bombs (I actually had that idea before, though it's been done several times as far as I know) not to mention almost frying them in his poorly made force field that amplifies heat...and yet he gets away with an attitude adjustment instead of being sent to prison, and gets to graduate next year, which means another year of high school! Not as much as he wanted but he'd still like that. I felt they were too nice to him considering what he did. When stealing a top secret microchip gets you a decade in prison or something like that. Odd priorities WOOHP has.

Poor Arnold, I'm sure he gets out, but they didn't even show that. He always annoyed me a little, but he still deserves a little more than that. At least he got to talk, I don't think Catlin and Dominique said anything but I don't recall. Then again they have always been Mandy's silent and loyal servants.

Speaking of which, wouldn't it have been awesome to be Catlin z08.png or Domique? z07.png I mean, you'd get to be around Mandy all the time, you'd get to worship her in person, do all kinds of things for her, and they are pretty cute themselves which would also be fun. I personally would rather be Catlin, all that hair! It would've been sad after graduation because Mandy went to Mali-U and they didn't. I wonder what they did? I want to know! (hmmm, I talk about some random things don't I?)

Since I like taking pictures out of context, here's something to think about:

Doesn't it look like Clover and Mandy were desperately trying to hug each other but Sam, Clover, Dominique, and Catlin are holding them back? Stupid Chet! Don't interrupt!

Also...Mandy upskirt shot!

You don't see anything, but...interesting angle.

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Aug 6 2010, 03:49 PM
Post #11

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Poor Arnold, I'm sure he gets out, but they didn't even show that. He always annoyed me a little, but he still deserves a little more than that. At least he got to talk, I don't think Catlin and Dominique said anything but I don't recall. Then again they have always been Mandy's silent and loyal servants.

I think Catlin calls Mandy's custom graduation robe "dope."

Speaking of which, wouldn't it have been awesome to be Catlin z08.png or Domique? z07.png I mean, you'd get to be around Mandy all the time, you'd get to worship her in person, do all kinds of things for her, and they are pretty cute themselves which would also be fun. I personally would rather be Catlin, all that hair! It would've been sad after graduation because Mandy went to Mali-U and they didn't. I wonder what they did? I want to know! (hmmm, I talk about some random things don't I?)

Alsogoing by the ending of Ski Trip, they also get certain other strong benefits as well. XD

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Aug 6 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #12

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

And the more I think about it, the more Chet's float breaking apart to reveal a more sinister vehicle reminds me of "Animal House"

If Marathon can slap a really clever and sneaky Pat Benatar reference into TS, who's to say they weren't thinking "Deathmobile" in this episode.

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post Aug 7 2010, 08:21 AM
Post #13

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Trillium @ Aug 5 2010, 07:54 PM) *
I have questions.

Who is this and why isn't there any more art of her? She's cute.

Dibs and such.

We totally need a "Favorite Unnamed Background Character" topic. It'll give us something new to discuss that we've never touched on.

I do believe her name is Priscilla. She was in a previous episode, which involved Sam being adored by nerds. Eventually they moved on to this girl.

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Aug 18 2010, 10:28 AM
Post #14

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

I assumed Priscilla was only in that one scene, but she appeared in several! I just saw this episode again, and after Trillium pointed her out I was looking for her.

Attached Image

She also appeared in the scene where Chet throws his foam glove that Mandy catches (she's one of the people who's trying to catch it) but the YouTube video I caught that 4th shot from didn't have that scene for some reason...
You might be wondering why I posted that 3rd shot from the Season 5 opening...Look at the black haired girl on the left...doesn't that look like Priscilla with black hair? Peculiar.

I think Caitlin said "Heck yeah!" and Dominique said "So dope!"...it's better than nothing.

Also...Chet...he said he was captain of the Bev High wrestling team. That's supposed to explain why he knows to catch, block, and perform jump kicks!?

Also, when Jerry captured Chet, the Spies asked Jerry if he had room for "one more"...I'm going to assume they were referring to Arnold.

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Aug 22 2010, 04:09 AM
Post #15

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Also...Chet...he said he was captain of the Bev High wrestling team. That's supposed to explain why he knows to catch, block, and perform jump kicks!?

He's also the star quarter back, but I'm assuming you got that part. lol

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 12:39 AM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.