post Apr 28 2010, 08:01 PM
Post #1

Wannabe

Group: Members
Member No.: 57
Favorite Character:

GOOD! They removed the song biggrin.gif

The episdoe was good overall.

I liked Mindy's Cousin and how she showed up to be at Mali College!

Although Mindy's cousin has a texas accent sleep.gif D: (I do not hate texans I hate there accent)

PS Sorry for spelling talkback wrong i was typing fast XD
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Apr 28 2010, 08:14 PM
Post #2

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

Ok time for antoher talkback. Also going to include my previous running commentary in this post. XD But first a few added comments.

Still have to say this episode was kinda average mostly due to lame villain. However, it is significant for the appearance of our goddess Mandy and her country cousin Mindy. Also I don't know why I'm mentioning this publicly, but I couldn't keep my eyes off of Sam's legs in this episode. XD The girls overall suddenly seemed slightly more curvalicous in this episode for some reason. XD

Still gotta think there is some sexual symbolism going on with them being squished together inside a giant clam. XD Also probalby the jet plane through the doughntu as well. XD

Also the bean ending makes more sense this time around since they obviously still had the device that makes things bigger instead of returning it to its proper owners. Clover will probalby get good use out fo that I'm sure. XDD

Also another line I just picked up on. Sam - "Clover open your mouth." XD Sorry I'm terrible.

Running J-Syxx commentary from Jun 13 2009, 10:14 PM (with two added comments):

Watching this entire episode for the first time. Gonna post my thoughts as I watch as I've done for other episodes:

Spy guy's costume is reminiscent of the one from Mario Bava's Diabolik and Beastie Boys' Body Movin' parody except its black instead of white.

Jerry - "I'm afraid your perky days are over girls." XD

I love how afraid they are of having jobs. Excelent stuff. XD Alex must be the poorest of the girls, because she's actually had them before in episodes.

Diner girl outfits are kinda cheezy but funny because they won't leave no stone unturned as far as dressing them up in fetishistic costumes. lol

Yay Mandy!

Introduction of Mindy. lol Clover is right about her accent though, imo. Couldn't we have had her sexy French cousin or something instead? I dunno, but I guess they were trying to make her annoying on purpose, so I can't fault them for that.

I like how the spies kick the professor's ass so fast. lol

Kinda weird how the professor looks young and wears 70's clothes.

The black spy suits are sexy. xD

"The old dangling drain-pipe routine." Well I guess we now know Alex would be good at pole-dancing. XD

Too bad they cut the scene during the "changing outfits the old-fashioned way" segment. XD (Added comment of soemthing I just picked up on: And they said the professor was watching them!)

Sam is in drag again, obviously trying to go for the world record. (Added comment did this happen in this cut of the episode, because I can't recall it? Maybe I wasn't paying attention hard enough O__O)

Alex - "Time to put this assignment to bed.. a flat-bed that is." That was almost as bad as a Sam one-liner.

Ok, I know they make Alex seem babyish sometimes, but why is she wearing a bib? XD

Mindy after opening her and Mandy's door-room after hearing noise - "We're like trying to meditate and stuff." I wonder what that entails. lol

I understand the idea of Super Spies having x-powders, but why do the girls also have video cell-phones they can talk to their cafe boss on while his hands are free. I'm pretty sure nothing like that exists yet. XD

Alex looks hot in her outfit. xD

Wow random, yuritastic glomp between Clover and Alex when the ground starts shaking.

The Inflatus Project has to be the stupidest plot-devices yet. It made the entire world larger just by being fired at the ground???

Again are there triangles on the seats of the jet for a reason? XD

LOL, the UPWATI joke never gets old.

And wow at Alex's "UPWATI" costume! O__O UPWATI indeed. (Check messed-up screenshot thread soon).

Clover - "So what can you do?" Professor Freemont - "Acquire your assets!" XD

All three girls are stuck together, scrunched up in a giant clam. Don't think I need to say any more about that one. Yes, I probably need to talk to Dr. Freud soon. XD

Wow fanservicey breast shot.

Did Sam just say "stitch" as in situation ala Kim Possible. WTF?

Ok chase scene.

Spy vs. Spy reference in dialogue.

The jet gets stuck in a giant donut, again I wonder if I'm only imagining the sexual symbolism here. XD

Jerry sure likes erasing people's memories. Scary.

That sure is a scary, psychedelic painting in their "dorm room"/beach resort.

Mandy and Mindy are so sexier in the waitress uniforms. XD

Mindy - "Free drinks rule!" I don't know why I find that funny.

Wow WTF at the ending with them getting their job back by making the biggest bean their boss has ever seen. And he's riding it like in Dr. Strange Love.

Also weird how Clover spanked Mandy and Mindy to the moon with a pan. Its suddenly gone mushroom-induced Looney Toons on us. Also nice shot of Clover's ass. XD

Edit: I guess they're actually barista uniforms, but it was hard to tell with the pink coffee beans on the hats and everything.

Overall:

Not a terrible episode, but kinda boring too. Probably only note-worthy due to Mindy's first appearance, weird pervy giant clam scene, and weird giant coffee-bean ending.

Edit: Threads merged.

+Quote Post
Mezoroth
post May 3 2010, 08:40 PM
Post #3

Dangerously close to doing "The Voice"
Group Icon

Member No.: 15
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Them Luxe Cousins, or Mandy and Yvette lol
Favorite Anime: Geass, Bamboo Blades, Sailah Moonz
Favorite Manga: Hajime Ippo, Bamboo Blades
Favorite Comic: Empowered, Deadpool & Cable, Dylan Dog
Favorite Book: Zombie Survival Guide
Favorite Game: GTA, SF, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon, Yakuzas

So now that this ep has appeared on CN, Mr. Syxx, and after watching other season 5 eps online, has Mindy grown on you at all? tongue.gif
Also, while Freemont may be a bit lame, its to me in a style like that of Dan Hibiki, which is in a humorous/awesome way. (and in a secindary main character, seven win streak sorta way, lol)

GOT IT COACH
Retsupurae
Arrange Stream (japanese)

Head Abbot of the Shrine of Princess Kimball since 2006
GASP! A character sketch for me?! Thanks Marathon! :3

The first step is admitting you have a problem...come obsess with me ;_;

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jun 4 2010, 08:09 PM
Post #4

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

Just noticed something else, but I think there may be a painting of Mughi, Kei and Yuri's lovable pet/partner in Dirty Pair in the spies' dorm room. It's in the earlier part of the episode and not when they come back after they think Mandy and Mindy may have taken their dorm room (a different painting appears then). He's like psychadelic colors there, but it looked like the same shape as Mughi to me. If so, that will be the second direct Dirty Pair reference in the series.

QUOTE (Mezoroth @ May 3 2010, 09:40 PM) *
So now that this ep has appeared on CN, Mr. Syxx, and after watching other season 5 eps online, has Mindy grown on you at all? tongue.gif

I like Mindy slightly more than I did last year, but I still would just rather see Mandy solo. Noone needs to be stealing her glorious spot-light. lol

+Quote Post
ErikBigCloverFan
post Jul 4 2010, 01:35 AM
Post #5

Wannabe

Member No.: 41
Favorite Character:

Here are my thoughts on this episode:

1. I really felt sorry for the girls, especially Clover, when they learned they had to get part-time jobs to pay for their penthouse dorm.

2. It was bad enough for them working at the coffee shop with Virgil as their supervisor, but things sure got worse when their first customer turned out to be Mandy! However, it REALLY got worse when Mandy introduced them to her equally mean cousin, Mindy!!!

3. I also felt it was a good idea for them to sign up for that spy class to take their minds off things. I loved how they showe their professor what they can do.

4. It WAS kinda sad when they were performing that "fake" spy mission and they didn't know it was a real crime!

5. I really wanted to cry when not only the school dean arrested the girls, but also Mandy & Mindy moved into their dorm! I DID love how Clover convinced Virgil that they were too sick to work. I'm also glad Jerry was able to help bust them out.

6. It was sad when Fremont caught the girls when they were battling him. I'm glad that expanding bubble gum Clover used freed them before the tide drowned them.

7. During the air chase, it was painful seeing the girls avoid everthing being enlarged around them! I DID love how Sam made Fremont enlarge a donut sign and end up getting his plane stuck in it!

8. It was nice of Jerry to get them back in Mali-U and lift their rent situation with their dorm.

9. I loved when the girls enlarged that coffee bean so Virgil could rehire them. I applauded Clover for the way she got rid of Mandy & Mindy!!!

Good ep. 4 stars. biggrin.gif

[

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Aug 22 2010, 09:13 AM
Post #6

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

This was the first episode of Season 5 that I saw, and the first episode of Totally Spies that I saw in years! So...it's special to me for that reason. This is actually the 4th time I've seen it...

Does anyone else love Mandy's outfit in this episode?

I have nothing wrong with how she normally wears her hair, but seeing her put it up like that is interesting. Also notice how in that shot it looks like she's not wearing anything under her jacket.

That's Priscilla there near the bottom left, right?

After getting the idea of "Where's Priscilla?" from another thread I've started noticing her in episodes that I haven't before.

About the "old-fashioned" costume changing, note that they just put those clothes over their spy outfits.

Did anyone else think the damage done in this episode was a little too over the top? Freemont made freakin' lava erupt in town, destroying some cars and probably, a few buildings...and if anyone else was in the streets, well...too bad for them. A few deflations would hardly fix all the damage done. You'd think something as powerful as the Inflatus Project with have dramatically better security.

Also...since when was Vergil this short?

One last thing...Mandy said something near the end like, "Ewww!! Did you losers have a get-out-of-jail-free card or something?" Something unusual happened to the Spies, Mandy knew about it, and her memory of it wasn't erased!

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 12:39 AM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.