Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

Ok, this episode had finally aired on CN. So, time for another talkback!

Over all, I thought this was a pretty good episode:

Things I liked.

Definitley liked the use of old 80 year old geezers for villains. Some of the previous villains were older, but they never played the whole retired senior citizen angle before. Very entertaining and funny. XD Maybe also kinda feminist in a very strange, cooky way. XD

Good amount of action in this episode.

Things I Didn't Like:

Well not too much. Blaine was introduced, but I don't have enough reason to despise him yet other than obviously being a complete fake and really stereotyping Clover to get into her world. Although, Clover is that shallow. So yeah. XD I'm sure I will hate him after he "falls for Clover" for real or whatever nonsense they are setting up for.

Yuri/Yaoi Moments:

After the Granny gives Sam her X-Powder cozy, Sam says her favorite color is purple!!! Samandy alert. XD sammys.gifheart1.gifmandygif.gif

So Blaine loves volleyball, shopping, and romantic comedies, and they don't assume he's gay? XD

This is one of the first times where Clover went in drag as opposed to Sam, who usually ends up playing the role of the guy. XD

Clover meets Blaine in drag as an old man, and Blaine doesn't seem that surprised by it. LOL!

The Granny's leg-lock on Sam was slightly suspicous. Yes I went there. XD

Also the Granny seemed to be rather infatuated by Clover. Just an observation. XD

Other Fanservice things:

Clover wrote her number on Blaine's chest with sunscreen. Typical whore-ific behavior from Clover.

As mentioned in the old forum, the mints she throws at the girls look exactly like condoms! Excelent choice of weapon too, since those are obviously Clover's kryptonite.

Crazy Quotes:

Sam - "Come out with your snicker-doodles up!" This made me think of something else.

Sam (I think, and maybe not an exact quote) - "We're going to nail the granny!" Again sorry. laugh.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LauraD
post Apr 29 2010, 08:46 PM
Post #2

"Don't touch that dial!"
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Samdy
Favorite Anime: NGE, Dirty Pair, Lucky Star
Favorite Comic: Preacher, The Boys
Favorite Movie: Tenebre, Naked Lunch
Favorite Book: Ubik
Favorite Musician(s): The Damned, Clash, PIL
Favorite Album: 'Give Daddy The Knife, Cindy' - Naz Nomad

Pretty good episode - again I can't add too much to the above review other than this:

This is one of the first times where Clover went in drag as opposed to Sam, who usually ends up playing the role of the guy. XD

Clover meets Blaine in drag as an old man, and Blaine doesn't seem that surprised by it. LOL!

Clover meeting Blaine (who may possibly be gay) while cross-dressed certainly gives a new meaning to the term 'beard'....

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
"If crazy was pajamas I'd be in bed already."

+Quote Post
MikeV3jz
post Apr 30 2010, 04:49 AM
Post #3

RERORERORERO

Member No.: 67
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: Gundam Wing
Favorite Manga: Initial D
Favorite Movie: Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift
Favorite Book: magazines
Favorite Musician(s): Passion Pit
Favorite Album: all passion pit albums
Favorite Game: Spyro the dragon

beard?

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Apr 30 2010, 05:44 AM
Post #4

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (MikeV3jz @ Apr 30 2010, 04:49 AM) *
beard?

Beard refers to a straight person who knowingly goes with a gay person to a dance or some other public outing so that person can attempt to stay in the closet. Yes, I had to urbandictionary this one. XD Beard is today's special word.

+Quote Post
MikeV3jz
post Apr 30 2010, 09:27 AM
Post #5

RERORERORERO

Member No.: 67
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: Gundam Wing
Favorite Manga: Initial D
Favorite Movie: Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift
Favorite Book: magazines
Favorite Musician(s): Passion Pit
Favorite Album: all passion pit albums
Favorite Game: Spyro the dragon

oh ok i thought it was about facial hair lol

+Quote Post
LauraD
post Apr 30 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #6

"Don't touch that dial!"
Group Icon

Member No.: 2
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Samdy
Favorite Anime: NGE, Dirty Pair, Lucky Star
Favorite Comic: Preacher, The Boys
Favorite Movie: Tenebre, Naked Lunch
Favorite Book: Ubik
Favorite Musician(s): The Damned, Clash, PIL
Favorite Album: 'Give Daddy The Knife, Cindy' - Naz Nomad

QUOTE (MikeV3jz @ Apr 30 2010, 05:27 AM) *
oh ok i thought it was about facial hair lol

It was about both. See what I did there? tongue.gif

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
"If crazy was pajamas I'd be in bed already."

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jun 7 2010, 08:05 PM
Post #7

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

A couple more observations:

When Blaine mentioning love shoe shopping so much, Alex and Sam both get sweat-drops. I found this amusing. XD They may have assumed Clover was trying to hook up with a gay guy.

Also when Sam mentions purple being her favorite color, Alex and Clover get visibly irritated. I don't see any reason for this other than them being jealous of her getting the X-Powder cozy or something. I could read this another way and say thier annoyed because they know it has to do with her crush on Mandy and they don't approve. XDD

+Quote Post
ErikBigCloverFan
post Jul 4 2010, 01:37 AM
Post #8

Wannabe

Member No.: 41
Favorite Character:

Here are my thoughts on this ep:

1. I thought all three girls looked great at the Mali-U beach, especially Clover in her bikini.

2. WOW! That Blaine seemed like the perfect boyfriend for Clover, condisering he was so similar to her!

3. I felt so sorry for the girls when The Granny easily conned them and got away in their van.

4. I thought the girls looked so cute as senior citizens, especially Clover as a grandpa. I loved the way that male senior citizen asked them to play bridge.

5. During that fight, I'm relieved Alex didn't choke from The Granny's shoe odor!

6. Although Clover couldn't digitally change out of her grandpa costume, I'm glad her coffee date with Blaine turned out well when she told him she was trying out for a play.

7. It REALLY wasn't pretty to see The Granny and her two friends rob that bank! They're just as dangerous now as when they were young!

8. I really loved the way Clover was battling The Granny. I'm glad Clover punctured her boots with those money plates before she suffocated Sam! I'm also very glad that WOOHP hair spray froze the criminals and helped free the girls from those super-sticky mints.

9. I was so happy when Blaine & Clover decided to go on another date! They make a terrific couple!

Great episode! 4 stars. biggrin.gif

[

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Aug 23 2010, 11:09 AM
Post #9

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

Did anyone else think the whole scene in the bank was just weird?

-The way "Granny" hit that lady's hands with a ruler.
-Clover chucking a TV/Monitor at the Granny.
-Clover with a TV/Monitor dueling the Granny with a chair.
-The other old lady (I think Granny called her Booby?) throwing a net on Alex which promptly disappeared.
-Alex joking about bobby-pin machine guns than "Booby" starts firing at her with her bobby-pin machine gun.
-Granny's expanding granny-hose.
-Clover throwing money like it's a solid bladed object, though I guess they could be money plates as someone else said.
-The gooey mints that restrict movement.
-The way the icy perfume caught them too.

I wouldn't think any of them alone would be that odd (this is Totally Spies after all) but all of those together in one scene just seemed a little odd to me. Like the writers (and animators) were just really bored and/or creative and wanted to make a weird drawn out battle with old people robbing a bank. It was entertaining though.

The Granny is probably one of my favorite Totally Spies villains...she's just so different, and she made the episode pretty entertaining.

One last thing, Sam's favorite color is really purple? The main use of purple in Totally Spies is for Mandy. Pretty clever little hint there. J-Syxx already pointed it out, but I thought it was interesting to think about. I didn't catch it until my 4th viewing of this episode!

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Aug 23 2010, 09:34 PM
Post #10

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Milly x Kallen.
Favorite Anime: Noein
Favorite Musician(s): Fiat Lux, Jesper Kyd, Thomas Dolby
Favorite Album: Astronauts and Heretics.
Favorite Game: GTA: Vice City

QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Aug 23 2010, 07:09 AM) *
The Granny is probably one of my favorite Totally Spies villains...she's just so different, and she made the episode pretty entertaining.

Mine too. Marathon probably had too much fun coming up with ways to make "stereotypical old people junk" into evil villain gadgetry.

Yeah, that's a rainbow unicorn. Big Woop. Wanna fight about it? My blog (which yeah, still has free music). But no rainbow unicorns. We need to fix that.

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Aug 23 2010, 11:59 PM
Post #11

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

The main thing that went over with me was just how freaking femslashy this epiosde is. I mean it's like it went a step beyond just normal grandmotherly behavior. It was like she flirting with them at points. And believe me, something involving grandmothers is not something I would usually put on my yuri goggles for.

+Quote Post
Angie
post Mar 28 2011, 04:01 AM
Post #12

Lackey

Member No.: 281
Favorite Character:

Care to tell me what this episode was about?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 07:58 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.