Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

Ok just finihsed this epiosde again on CN, so time for yet another talkback.

Things I Liked

Muffy was definitely a fun villain. Love her out there character design, over the top presonality, and her voice actress did a really good job with her perky/kooky character.

Any plot from TS surrounding sororities is going to get the thumbs up from me. XD Of course the yuri and fanservice possibilities for those types of scenarios are great.

Mandy's school girl outfit was fucking hot. heart1.gif ___ heart1.gif

Also liked how Mandy and Mindy signed up at the same sorrority as Clover. It was strange how they helped the spies at the end capture Muffy, but I liked it. XD

Decent action too with them fighting the robots, sorority girls, etc.

No Blaine. Hopefully it stays that way untill the Britney arc where he's mentioned briefly but does not actually appear.

Some pretty funny and out there moments, which I will describe below.

Things I Didn't Like

I can't really think of anything. This was a good episode. XD

Yuri/Yaoi Refencecs

Huge, obvious reference to DEBS which is of course both a teenage spy flick and a lesbian romance comedy. XD

Multiple super, fanservicey yuri shots of the girls rolling around with the braninwashed sorroity girls on the floor. Definitely saw a few that would make awesome screenshots.

The moment when Mandy and Mindy take Clover arm in arm as they walk down the street. Awww. XD

Semi-decent WOOHP dogpile when they were WOOHPed. Definitely better than previous episodes fanservice wise when they land on the couch. XD

Mindy said something about doing a perky attack on the girls. XD

Sam referred to Muffy as "Muff." XDDDD

Samandy moment: When Sam was trying to grab Mandy's pendant, it definitely looked like she was trying to grab her boobs. XDDDD

I'm sure some of the perks Mandy and Mindy were referring to in sorrority life weren't completely expounded on. XD

Other Fanservice Things

Jerry's voyeurism into their penthouse is off the charts. Better yet Sam called him out on it, asking him why he had such a wry grin. XD

Sam seems willing to do interesting favors for Jerry for Christmas and his birthday, when she mentions scratching his toe will be both his birthday and Christmas presents. XD

When Clover takes her hands over her curves, mentiong the "Freshman 15." The Freshman 15-40 also comes from alcohol consumption. I will also say she's right, the girls are looking slightly more curvy. There's a great shot of Sam's boobs somewhere in this episode. XD

Again Mandy's schoolgirl outfit, with the tiny skirt + tie. O____O a09.gif

Homages

Again, big obvious reference with the names of one of the sororities to DEBS, the cartoonish teenage spy movie/lesbian romantic comedy. XD I'm glad the makers of TS have obviously seen it. Yes take a hint from that film to give us more Samandy please. XD

The spie's motorcylce helmets from Eraser (famous Samandy episode XD) appear again in this episode.

Weird Plot Hole Moments

Where they arrest "Muff" in front of Mandy and Mindy in their unforms. XD Maybe they thought they were dominatrix unfiorms. whistle.gif

Over All

Great episode. Definitely one of my faves from Season 5.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post May 4 2010, 08:40 PM
Post #2

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

Aside from Muffy, I think the thing I liked most about this episode was Alex and Sam (but mostly Alex) beating the hell out of everyone. It was like watching the Ninja rule in effect or something.

Also good lord, Jerry's not even into the Clarks' grill as much as he's into Team Spies's. I'm starting to become annoyed for the girls XD

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post May 4 2010, 08:46 PM
Post #3

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Also good lord, Jerry's not even into the Clarks' grill as much as he's into Team Spies's. I'm starting to become annoyed for the girls XD

Yeah, dude is a straight up voyeur and is basically trying to tease the spies about it. It's freaking canon. I don't even need to go into other examples (Ok, I will, he showed up while Sam was changing before and WOOHPed her out of the shower once. XDD), because it's just there. Dude is a pervy old man. XD

Also something slightly suggestive (or perhaps my mind is just in the gutter again XD) was that Jerry mentioned being stiff while he was a statue. XD

+Quote Post
Black Fatima
post May 4 2010, 08:48 PM
Post #4

Am I any less important?
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: N/A
Favorite Anime: Sailor Moon
Favorite Manga: Sailor Moon
Favorite Comic: N/A
Favorite Movie: To Kill A Mocking Bird
Favorite Book: To Kill A Mocking Bird
Favorite Musician(s): Too many to name.
Favorite Album: N/A
Favorite Game: Tomb Raider

I didn't like Mindy's voice. I can handle Mandy's but not Mindy's. Dx

Other than Mindy's voice it was okay episode.

Who would leave a broken heel at a crime scene? Do anyone ever think of those things?

MASQUERADE.

+Quote Post
Mezoroth
post May 4 2010, 09:33 PM
Post #5

Dangerously close to doing "The Voice"
Group Icon

Member No.: 15
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Them Luxe Cousins, or Mandy and Yvette lol
Favorite Anime: Geass, Bamboo Blades, Sailah Moonz
Favorite Manga: Hajime Ippo, Bamboo Blades
Favorite Comic: Empowered, Deadpool & Cable, Dylan Dog
Favorite Book: Zombie Survival Guide
Favorite Game: GTA, SF, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon, Yakuzas

Seconding the love of Mandys outfit. The tie, the skirt, the thigh highs. <3 Definetly my fav Mandy outfit. They also slightly recycle it for Britney, with hawt results. I think Mindys outfit is alsomy fave for her. Mez like them type of low cut sweaters. >:)
Also like Muffy in general, from quirky design to voice. (i believe its Jen from 6teen) This is also a favorite ep of mine.

Also, in regards to why Jerry is in SCAs faces more than the Clark team, I think its because Jerry is well aware of the existence of Chris Hansen, abd wishes not to "have a seat over there". XD

GOT IT COACH
Retsupurae
Arrange Stream (japanese)

Head Abbot of the Shrine of Princess Kimball since 2006
GASP! A character sketch for me?! Thanks Marathon! :3

The first step is admitting you have a problem...come obsess with me ;_;

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Jul 21 2010, 11:12 AM
Post #6

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

I know this topic is about...2 months old? But Evil Sorority was on again yesterday...so...

I love this episode, one of my favorite episodes of all. First of all, Muffy Pepperidge is awesome, probably my favorite Totally Spies villain. Secondly, this episode doesn't have any fights with guys, monsters, or other weird things, it's an all-girl brawl, and that's awesome. (well, the Spies did own some robots but that was a minor scene) There were other things, like seeing Clover be all chummy with Mandy and Mindy, and stuff.

Okay, some things I thought were "interesting"...when Clover is approaching Muffy's sorority place, she comments how beautiful it is, then says something like, "I can't wait to go inside and met some equally attractive new friends!" while blushing...it's pretty obvious she's not just interested in boys from this one scene alone. When Sam is fighting a mind-controlled Clover, she catches her and says, "All is fair in love and war Clover!" the way she caught her implied she wasn't talking about war...And like I mentioned earlier I totally dig all girl brawls.

I actually thought it was unfair that Muffy was sent to WOOHP prison, I mean...she didn't really cause that much damage compared to most other villains. Like that jerk from Evil Graduation, attacked people with explosives and almost fried the entire senior body after kidnapping them! He just got an attitude adjustment, but Muffy makes some girls fight each other and causes a few windows and pots to get broken and she goes to prison? Unfair treatment much? Who knows, maybe Muffy just got an attitude adjustment after being locked up, and then released later?

By the way, I love it when Muffy says she'll have "unlimited power" by taking over every Sorority.

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jul 21 2010, 09:25 PM
Post #7

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Jul 21 2010, 12:12 PM) *
I know this topic is about...2 months old? But Evil Sorority was on again yesterday...so...

I love this episode, one of my favorite episodes of all. First of all, Muffy Pepperidge is awesome, probably my favorite Totally Spies villain. Secondly, this episode doesn't have any fights with guys, monsters, or other weird things, it's an all-girl brawl, and that's awesome. (well, the Spies did own some robots but that was a minor scene) There were other things, like seeing Clover be all chummy with Mandy and Mindy, and stuff.

Okay, some things I thought were "interesting"...when Clover is approaching Muffy's sorority place, she comments how beautiful it is, then says something like, "I can't wait to go inside and met some equally attractive new friends!" while blushing...it's pretty obvious she's not just interested in boys from this one scene alone. When Sam is fighting a mind-controlled Clover, she catches her and says, "All is fair in love and war Clover!" the way she caught her implied she wasn't talking about war...And like I mentioned earlier I totally dig all girl brawls.

I actually thought it was unfair that Muffy was sent to WOOHP prison, I mean...she didn't really cause that much damage compared to most other villains. Like that jerk from Evil Graduation, attacked people with explosives and almost fried the entire senior body after kidnapping them! He just got an attitude adjustment, but Muffy makes some girls fight each other and causes a few windows and pots to get broken and she goes to prison? Unfair treatment much? Who knows, maybe Muffy just got an attitude adjustment after being locked up, and then released later?

By the way, I love it when Muffy says she'll have "unlimited power" by taking over every Sorority.

They definitley played up the whole slashy aspect of the episode. It's pretty much lined with subtext and I'm still noticing new tidbits each time I watch it. I can't remember what they were off the top of my head right now, but there was definitely a lot of suggestive dialogue. I didn't hear the "Muff" line this time. Maybe it was becuase I was too zoned out or something. I hope it wasn't edited out this time.

And beyond the direct reference to DEBS, the lesbian spy movie, I noticed one of the girls in PEP looked like Najica from Najica Blitz Tactics:

Maybe just a coinciden though.

+Quote Post
ErikBigCloverFan
post Jul 22 2010, 10:49 PM
Post #8

Wannabe

Member No.: 41
Favorite Character:

Here are my thoughts on this episode:

1. I really liked the way the girls did a great job battling those security robots at the lab.

2. I didn't blame Clover for getting upset when Mandy & Mindy joined the same sorority as her!

3. It was so sad to see Clover and the sorority attck those other sorority groups, since they were being controlled by those hypnotic pins.

4. I thought Sam & Alex were terrific battling those PEP girls! It's too bad they got caught and Muffy placed those hypno-pins on them. I AM glad Alex spritzed herself with that WOOHP perfume earlier to be immune to it, then freed Sam, and then escaped the bus together.

5. Once again, I thought Sam & Alex were awesome battling those PEP girls, including Clover! I'm glad they used the WOOHP boom box to return them all to normal. I'm ALSO glad they sent that annoying Muffy to WOOHP prison!

A good ep. 4 stars.

[

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Jul 24 2010, 12:23 PM
Post #9

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

I think Sam called her Muff still...not sure though.

And DEBS was the name of one of the sorority's right? I wonder what that is supposed to imply...hmm...

Also...
QUOTE (ErikBigCloverFan @ Jul 22 2010, 03:49 PM) *
I'm ALSO glad they sent that annoying Muffy to WOOHP prison!

Awww...I'm sad now...
morrigan-puzzle-scared.gif

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jul 24 2010, 05:56 PM
Post #10

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Jul 24 2010, 12:23 PM) *

And DEBS was the name of one of the sorority's right? I wonder what that is supposed to imply...hmm...

Also...

Awww...I'm sad now...

She said it the first time I watched it on CN, I may have just been too zoned out the second time and missed it.

And yea DEBS is definitely a reference. If you've ever seen it before, it has really TSesque elements:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWSyv4z1_PA

They also took a shot at Kim Possible before with Sam complaining about having to have hitch a ride with a celebrity in Truth or Scare.

And its hilarious how much they downplay the lesbian element of the film in that trailer for marketing purposes. It's the main plot of the film. It's like live-action Sam x Mandy almost. XD

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Aug 23 2010, 09:31 PM
Post #11

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Milly x Kallen.
Favorite Anime: Noein
Favorite Musician(s): Fiat Lux, Jesper Kyd, Thomas Dolby
Favorite Album: Astronauts and Heretics.
Favorite Game: GTA: Vice City

"Where's Priscilla" is the best game ever to play while watching TS.

After the "Thinly Veiled Sexual Innuendo Drinking Game"*.

* - Must be 21 (or legal drinking age) to play. Trillium is not responsible for your inevitable liver damage.

Yeah, that's a rainbow unicorn. Big Woop. Wanna fight about it? My blog (which yeah, still has free music). But no rainbow unicorns. We need to fix that.

+Quote Post
Mezoroth
post Aug 23 2010, 09:52 PM
Post #12

Dangerously close to doing "The Voice"
Group Icon

Member No.: 15
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Them Luxe Cousins, or Mandy and Yvette lol
Favorite Anime: Geass, Bamboo Blades, Sailah Moonz
Favorite Manga: Hajime Ippo, Bamboo Blades
Favorite Comic: Empowered, Deadpool & Cable, Dylan Dog
Favorite Book: Zombie Survival Guide
Favorite Game: GTA, SF, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon, Yakuzas

^ Indeed. We may need to start a thread for the Priscilla game. The loop just started, so theres plenty of time to get a running total for all the eps.
Also, I've been meaning to forever, but we need to start a "Random Background Character Lore" thread. After Mela started with Barry in seasons 1/2, I have so many I've pulled, and it sounds like you guys are catching me up. But we need to extend the mythos of TS in any way we can, lol

GOT IT COACH
Retsupurae
Arrange Stream (japanese)

Head Abbot of the Shrine of Princess Kimball since 2006
GASP! A character sketch for me?! Thanks Marathon! :3

The first step is admitting you have a problem...come obsess with me ;_;

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Aug 23 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #13

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

And I just noticed the girl in white and red (under Captain Afro) who looks like discount Clover. That or Marathon threw in a very sneaky reference to "Defenders of Space", and it's "Bootleg Korean Clover".

Yeah, that's a rainbow unicorn. Big Woop. Wanna fight about it? My blog (which yeah, still has free music). But no rainbow unicorns. We need to fix that.

+Quote Post
ErikBigCloverFan
post Aug 24 2010, 02:03 AM
Post #14

Wannabe

Member No.: 41
Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Jul 24 2010, 08:23 AM) *

Also...

Awww...I'm sad now...

Oh, no! I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.sad.gif

If I had known you were a huge fan of that character, I never wou;d've made that comment. cry1.gif cry2.gif

This is why I don't deserve any friends...at all. cry1.gif

[

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Aug 24 2010, 10:07 AM
Post #15

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

@ErikBigCloverFan: Don't worry about it! I was kidding a little. I didn't like how they actually showed Muffy in prison complaining (talk about adding insult to injury!) but I understand why she was arrested and why someone might not like her (she is a criminal after all) Calling a character annoying doesn't mean you don't deserve any friends. Different people have different opinions, and it's fine that you don't like Muffy.

As a matter of fact, I'm a big fan of Clover too! She might be my real favorite character (Overall! There's just something that fascinates me about Stacy and Muffy and the fact that they managed that from one episode must mean something!) I've just always liked her and her "boy-crazy, shop-a-holic" ways.

@Trillium: "Where's Priscilla?" is fun indeed. I hope you don't mind that I was posting some of my findings in some other threads!

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Aug 24 2010, 09:58 PM
Post #16

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Aug 24 2010, 06:07 AM) *
@Trillium: "Where's Priscilla?" is fun indeed. I hope you don't mind that I was posting some of my findings in some other threads!

Nah. I missed her during "Evil Professor". Any help to possibly confirm that she is in as many Season 5 episodes is nice, and helps build show continuity.

(Didn't see her in "The Granny". Not sure where she'd pop up there.)

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Aug 25 2010, 09:54 PM
Post #17

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Mezoroth @ May 4 2010, 05:33 PM) *
Also like Muffy in general, from quirky design to voice. (i believe its Jen from 6teen)

Came in here (again) to add this. IMDB says nothing, but wiki agrees with me and Mez, so I'm going with yes.

Also shame on all of you for not mentioning Alex calling the bus a "minivan". I know she's not the brightest bulb in the bunch, but you'd hope she knew the difference between a bus and a minivan. Or the writers.

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Aug 26 2010, 09:31 AM
Post #18

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Hmm...two things I noticed that I hadn't before.

When Clover walks off with Mandy and Mindy (nice scene by the way) their hair and outfits are a little roughed up. The next time we see them, before they round up any other Sorority girls, their hair and outfits seemed to be a bit more roughed up. I can only imagine why.

When Sam and Alex sneak into the Pep House, when they overhear Muffy talking before the scene switches over to her, you hear her say something about "last year" and how she was an Engineer. I'm guessing she was studying engineering last year at Mali-U, and that's how she knows how to work with the mind controlling micro-chip. Also...since I can't help myself, I'd like to think Stacy also took some kind of engineering class the previous year at Mali-U, because she obviously knows a fair bit about engineering mecha...so maybe they did meet!?

Some other things I noticed before but kind of forgot...
Clover blushes a lot when she first goes to the Pep House. When she imagines the other sorority girls being attractive, and she's still blushing when Mandy and Mindy show up and talk to her, and she blushes again when Muffy gives her the lyrics page for the Pep song.

Muffy is one of the few villains that doesn't try to kill the Spies at all. She just tried to recruit them to her Sorority (her mind-controlled Sorority that is) I gotta respect her for that.

I love this episode because I still greatly enjoyed it without taking into account the lesbian undertones (would overtones be more accurate?)

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
CrowSama
post Aug 26 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #19

Love doesn't have to be scary...
Group Icon

Member No.: 75
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Suzuna/Nozomi
Favorite Anime: Naruto, Pokemon, Bakugan
Favorite Manga: Strawberry Panic!
Favorite Comic: Yu+Me= Dream
Favorite Movie: House Bunny, Mean Girls, The Simpsons Movie
Favorite Book: The Host by Stephanie Meyer
Favorite Musician(s): deadmau5
Favorite Game: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

This episode should be considered a health hazard when wearing yuri-goggles. Just saying.

Oh btw, I noticed that when Sam and Alex busted in to Muffy talking to all the girls behind the fireplace and after Muffy tells them to attack, that to the far left of the screen there is a short haired brunette with a white collared shirt, dark blue tie and black pants. This made me think of an ex that dumped me around this time of year, and how she said that she would be going to college in california. I lol'ed and said "Good to see college is working out so well for you." It made my day quite honestly.

EDIT: fixed grammar errors, originally posted this from my iPod ^^;

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Aug 26 2010, 10:25 PM
Post #20

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Aug 26 2010, 05:31 AM) *
When Sam and Alex sneak into the Pep House, when they overhear Muffy talking before the scene switches over to her, you hear her say something about "last year" and how she was an Engineer. I'm guessing she was studying engineering last year at Mali-U, and that's how she knows how to work with the mind controlling micro-chip. Also...since I can't help myself, I'd like to think Stacy also took some kind of engineering class the previous year at Mali-U, because she obviously knows a fair bit about engineering mecha...so maybe they did meet!?

If WOOHP knew there was an "evil gene", I'm sure it's connected to a "build crazy mechanical shit" gene, as plenty of villains have put together insane stuff over the course of the show.

Unless they all used scientists.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 07:57 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.