Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

Ok, gonna do a new talkback for this episode after it aired on CN. I previously wrote a very long running commentary that I will also add to the end of this thread. I think I pretty much convered freaking everything but here's a few things I missed.

Clover is all hornified again at the prospect of finding boys in Paris. Blaine who? XD I mean she was begging him to marry her two episodes ago, and now she sounds like she's back to hoping for a one girl gang bang. XD It would be funny if they were still together and then he found out she was cheating behind his back on the other side of the world. But then again, Blaine is freaking forgetable and did nothing but try to kill people, play volleyball, and use annoying petnames, so I can't blame her.

Clover - "Wax much?" XDD I wonder exactly where they needed to wax. XD

Overall, I liked this epiosde a lot more than I did at the end of the previous commentary. Was kinda derivative, but I miss the more regular type TS episode plot formations, so it's all good. Also still masive win for those two very yuri Sam/Alex dogpiles. XD

Running commentary posted on August 16 2009, 02:38 AM:

Ok, decided to watch this episode next. Below will be my running commentary:

Banana based weapon. Looks like it steals something from monkies (agility?), unlike Nola's Time Banana. XD

Guard - "Halt! Who's monkeying around in there?" Jesus christ. XD

Dead Languages 101. God this nails the inanity of most college courses perfectly. I love the TS writers. XD

Sam finds the class exciting. Hilarious.

The extra fluffy couch still isn't as good as the yuri landing-pad from season 1 and 2.

LOL at Jerry not letting Clover borrow the beret.

Ok, so this is the episode they go to France in, which explains why they were in Europe in the other episodes I did commentaries for. XD

I hope they can sneak Mandy into this episode. I'm going through withdrawl.

Awesome at Euro-WOOHP being below the Eiffel Tower. lol

Creepy, effeminate French guy talking about interrogating Francois for something. Wish I could understand the rest of what he's saying in that cheaply done accent. xD

Alex has French cousins? LOL Must be from her dad's side I guess. Even worse she seems to be rather romantically/sexually excited at the possibility of meeting said French cousins, thinking they will be hot guys. Incest much? XD Although, this is from the makers of Martin Mystery, so I'm not too surprised.

The women's gymnastics team of Romania. lol

Alex - "We were so close to escaping."

Like the instant model on the catwalk to model the gadget. Sexy. Also sexy that SAC seem to be swooning at her. XD

One of their weapons appears to be a whip of some sort. S&M much?

Wow that sure made it seem like they changed in front of Jerry. O__O Him coughing put it over the top. Very Sailor Moon-esque and suggestive.

I don't know why there was a sudden rainbow as part of their transportation, but ok. XD

Alex - "Romania. Birth place of the head of lettuce." I wonder if Tara4Ever has seen this episode. lol

Clover, rubbing her butt, "I dunno, but it hurts." lol

Ok, commercial break with them being chased by very in shape, young females. Going good so far. XD

The Romanian woman sounds Russian. If you ever talked to real Romanians you should know they sound like Count Dracula. XD

They're really nervous when she pulls something out of her shirt. XDD

The girls always seem to hold hands when they're scared. lol

The gymnast coach is kinda hot though, not super hot, but passable for a TS character. Xd

Sam - "The gymnastics team seems to be alive and well, well, even if they are a little harsh on the eyes." Proves Sam looks at other girls in a sexual manner if she judges them like that. XD

Clover - "And harsh on the rest of our bodies too! They were on us like stink on a monkey!" XD

Clover crossing her legs. Wow I notice everything. XD

LOL at them saying the work week in France is supposed to be way short.

Looks like Alex is going to have a chance to make out with her cousins later i the episode.

LOL at random people wearing berets because its France.

Chibi monkey Alex was cute.

Sam finding a scrap of something on a bush. Getting deja-vu from the Fugitives here.

Clover's suggestion that the gymnasts were working out with the monkies was slightly creepy. xD

LOL at Jerry almost hitting the other boat and the captain being pissed.

Wow they're going to pose as a rival gymnastics team. This episode is like made up of bits and pieces of old TS episodes. lol

A team from a country named Woohpstanza. That's almost as bad as "the spies" or "the woohpettes."

Looks like we should be seeing a lot of leg though and maybe ass and crotch shots. So maybe it won't be so bad. XD

LOL at Jerry almost killing more people with his boat. Hilarious.

Random Sam holding Clover's shoulder. Love it when they're so touchy, feely with each other. XD

Looks like Alex's relatives are old. Maybe no incest after all, but you never know. XD

And yeah Alex's aunt was giving her some serious glomping, "Get some love from your Auntie *something I can't prounce*!" to which Sam comments, "Wow! That's a lot of love!" XD

LOL at Alex's ugly little cousin with the bucked teeth.

I bet that smelly cheese tastes good. XD

Alex's fat aunt took her by the hand and is now dancing with her. lol

Clover's gym leotard shows off her ass well.

Sam seems to like going drag the most. She almost always wears a mustache too I noticed. XD

LOL at Alex with the afro.

LOL at the Romanian gymnast hitting her breasts and then straddling the ropes upside-down like a monkey. xD

Clover - "And leave me in here with them?" Sounds like she's afraid of getting raped. XD

LOL at Clover's phony foreign accent.

Sam and Alex are spying in the women's locker room. Win? XD And they actually hid inside a locker. lol

This banana shooting lasers is really making me wonder if the writers of TS have visited here. XD

And Alex and Sam fell on top of each other in a spooning position when they fell out of the locker. XDD Marathon sure is pushing the limits again after they got away from wretched CN. lol Wish that stupid ad wasn't in the way on the video so I could get a better look though.

Lots of wide leg-splitting from the monkey enhanced romanian gymnasts. lol

They played the chase/action song from Ski Trip for a second. Nice and nostalgic.

After she got hit with the chalk, Clover touched her chest in a weird way. XD

And Clover has grown Fist of the North Star-ish/Sabertooth-ish side-burns. XD

Romanian coach - "Ok ladies, enough exhibition, eliminate the competition!"

Alex - "Clover, you totally have a mustache!" Evidence of the script and the animation not necessarily adding up. XD

Alex - "You know how I know this is really bad? Because with Clover usually nothing comes before boys!" Hahahaha. XD

Alex and Sam holding onto each other's hands at a random time again. lol

LOL at them trapping all those gymnasts inside that telephone booth. Sort of a fan-servicey idea.

Wow another yurirific pose with Sam on top of Alex again. I love you Marathon for these. XD

LOL at Clover's bad breath and fleas.

The laser whip has came out. S&M time. XD

A crack at European electornics/appliances being cheap. lol

Saved by Jerry's stupid sail-boat. lol

The antidote to the monkey-chalk is a flash-light? Seriously, wtf? That's crack-induced TS logic for you.

Super, anti-climatic ending, but nothing to out of the ordinary for Totally Spies.

Clover is un-hypnotized and has a serious banana craving. The real question is what she will do with said banana. XD

Alex's French farm-girl outfit is cute, also Sam's short jean-shorts.

LOL at Clover still having fleas.

LOL, Alex isn't related to them after all, and she wanted to work on the family farm and everything!

Haha, they're all snooty and hate her now that she's not family. XD

Sam has to go to the "museum of very old things. LOL!

Wow, Jerry whistled the Gilligan's Island theme song. Nice. XD

Ending shot of the Eiffel Tower seemed appropriate.

Sam and Alex's super yuri moment is repeated in the credits. There can't be any other reason to chose to do that. They definitely love the yuri as much as we do, I think. xD

Overall:

Very average episode with extremely derivative plot elements of past TS episodes. Perhaps it was slightly elevated by the weird Euopean atmosphere, Alex's fake relatives nonsense, a couple of good yuri dog piles, and a couple other fanservicey moments.

However, over all definitely average. Maybe not as unwatchable as the worst TS episodes, I was still entertained and there was some funny stuff, but nothing that really stands out at all. I think a better choice would've been to have the gymnasts not wear white panty-hose.

Also, biggest complaint, no Mandy. This has been at least 3 episodes straight I've watched without my raven-haired goddess. I'm beginning to really miss her.

Edit: Again I like this epsiode a bit more now as mentioned at the top. And LOL at how long this commentary is. XD

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post May 6 2010, 12:24 AM
Post #2

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

Finally got Crimson open, WE'RE DOING IT LIVE!

Wow that language is so made up

Nice cushion

Why do they have such a hard on for Paris?

Wow, the V in Sam's top goes LOW

Classy office is classy

Alex, that's incest XD

Shopping for boys? You're still in a relationship, you slut

Is this really necessary for gadgets?

That pilot guy has been there FOREVER

Nadia Yadia? Really?

Haha, I like how they thought she was pulling out a gun

God, I do not like Alex's voice.

Aunt? Maybe on her father's side, then again, he didn't sound French. AT ALL.

Her father definitely wasn't a farmer XD

Ok, the chick in the audience in the pink is hot.

Why is Sam always cross dressing?

Aren't those some of the co-eds from mali U? Get more extras Marathon!

Nadia is so on to your bull crap girls XD

DNA? Why is it always DNA?

awesome music is awesome

And here we go with the transformation fetish

Kill the competition? And be allowed to participate? Somehow I don't think you thought your cunning plan all the way through

Too much chalk? YOU THINK? You only threw the WHOLE DAMN BUCKET on her :|

Dang, those chicks are diesel

And here's Jerry, right on time, and with the villain!

Why does everyone lose their memory when restored?

There's Sam with another low top again

Wow, they turned to haters

I like Clover's boots

Haha, I see what he whistled there.

ALSO, on a random note, Sam, Clover, and Alex are in today's Episode of The Amazing Spiez!, and Megan seems to be taking clues from Clover on how to get male attention.

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post May 6 2010, 12:43 AM
Post #3

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

^ Removed a certain three letter word from your commentary. It's again this rule:

A. Slurs. Posting slurs and bigoted language aimed against a certain race, ethnicity, country of origin, or sexual orientation are not allowed here and is a bannable offense. Some leeway will be given to context, if a word is used in a non-offensive, non-racist manner. However, I suggest not trying to press your luck.

We're pretty fucking lose with every other kind of language around here, so I'll just give you a warning to alert you of your mistake. If you want to say a character seems gay or something, just use the word gay or something else that is a lot less offensive.

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post May 6 2010, 12:50 AM
Post #4

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

*Searches saved file as he's forgotten what he said already*

Oh, my bad. I'll go on and fix that

+Quote Post
Mezoroth
post May 6 2010, 04:29 AM
Post #5

Dangerously close to doing "The Voice"
Group Icon

Member No.: 15
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Them Luxe Cousins, or Mandy and Yvette lol
Favorite Anime: Geass, Bamboo Blades, Sailah Moonz
Favorite Manga: Hajime Ippo, Bamboo Blades
Favorite Comic: Empowered, Deadpool & Cable, Dylan Dog
Favorite Book: Zombie Survival Guide
Favorite Game: GTA, SF, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon, Yakuzas

ALSO, on a random note, Sam, Clover, and Alex are in today's Episode of The Amazing Spiez!, and Megan seems to be taking clues from Clover on how to get male attention.

Yeah, I'm trying to determine if I'm docking some of her cool points for that. All I know is that they were at Mali U. They could've gone ONE extra step and had a quick 5 minute cameo of you-know-who and Y'ALL-know-who......if only to torment Jsyxx with an image of Mandy in Spiez art style. devil.gif

Anyway, I watched this one live (since it was like 45 minutes after I got up today, lol) and it was still interesting that they threw them into Europe for an arc to break the c-c-combo season 4 had started of everything happening locally. Though of the Europe trilogy, I think I like tommorrow's ep, Pizza Guys, the most of 'em. Mostly a from combos of little things that make me smile, but more on that tomm. in the talkback thread.
This one was okay, just covering the bases for leotards and psuedo-transformation fans, heh heh.

GOT IT COACH
Retsupurae
Arrange Stream (japanese)

Head Abbot of the Shrine of Princess Kimball since 2006
GASP! A character sketch for me?! Thanks Marathon! :3

The first step is admitting you have a problem...come obsess with me ;_;

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post May 6 2010, 06:29 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

I think the Euro Trilogy was my favorite of the arcs I've seen (haven't watched the Jazz Hands arc yet). Evil Shoe Designer was also a fantastic episode imo.

And if I was completely insane, I'd think they were listening to my suggestions from years ago to add more continuity into the show. This is the first real season where stuff that happens in earlier episodes keeps having an impact on later episodes, and obviously the season with the most multi-episode story arcs.

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post May 6 2010, 07:15 PM
Post #7

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ May 6 2010, 02:29 AM) *
And if I was completely insane, I'd think they were listening to my suggestions from years ago to add more continuity into the show.

You're not far off. Michel himself once came to TSPA for a live chat, and one of the suggestions leveled at him was more continuity.

It's also the reason Britney has a larger role in this season, and why G.L.A.D.I.S. was killed off.

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post May 6 2010, 07:23 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (GrandMasterGalvatron @ May 6 2010, 07:15 PM) *
QUOTE (J-Syxx @ May 6 2010, 02:29 AM) *
And if I was completely insane, I'd think they were listening to my suggestions from years ago to add more continuity into the show.

You're not far off. Michel himself once came to TSPA for a live chat, and one of the suggestions leveled at him was more continuity.

It's also the reason Britney has a larger role in this season, and why G.L.A.D.I.S. was killed off.

I don't think I buy that TSPA was the reason for those changes though, they may have gotten similar feedback from elsewhere. I remember them stating that they got a lot of feedback about Britney even before that. You also have to remember TS is bigger in Europe than the US. I always found TSPA's self-importance more than a bit annoying. xD

+Quote Post
ErikBigCloverFan
post Jul 22 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #9

Wannabe

Member No.: 41
Favorite Character:

Here are my thoughts on this episode:

1. I thought it was nice of Jerry to give the girls a tour of WOOHP's European branch in Paris.

2. While investigating that gym, it was NOT pretty to see them get attacked by those crazed gymnasts. I was relieved they convinced the trainer, Nadia, they weren't spies.

3. At the zoo, it was funny seeing Alex enjoy the monkey cage. I thought her chibi monkey look was so cute!

4. I thought it was nice when Alex met her Parisian relatives. I loved how they taught her their customary dance.

5. I thought Clover was fantastic as a gymnast on her own! That is...until Nadia doused her with that monkey-DNA powder that caused her to act like the other crazed gymnasts!!! It was sad AND scary to see Clover attack Sam & Alex "gorilla-style!!!" I was so relieved when Jerry showed up in his boat with Nadia and then Alex used that antidote to cure Clover and the other gymnasts! It was funny to hear Clover say she had a sudden craving for a banana!

6. I felt sorry for Alex when that French farm family told her she wasn't related to them.

7. I'm so glad Sam & Clover got away quickly when Jerry offered them another boat ride!

Pretty good ep. 4 stars.

[

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Jul 23 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #10

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

Hmm...I forgot that Clover started talking about boys again BEFORE she thought Britney might try and snatch Blaine up. I don't think that they broke up behind the scenes over the telephone, because in that episode Clover calls Blaine her boyfriend still. Oh well...whatever!

I also thought it was weird that Alex pictured some "attractive" guys when thinking of what her cousins were like. Come on Alex, you're not like that...

But I did like how the Spies were blushing when the model wearing the leotard 'gadget' walked out. I don't blame them...she was cute...

Clover still looks good even with monkey fur on her face, at least, I think so anyway.

Alex's farmgirl outfit at the end is totally adorable.

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 09:45 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.