Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

Ok, time for another talkback! This is actually one of my fave episodes from Season 5. I loved the completely wacky villain. The whole shoe designer fashion thing was pretty nostalgic as far as Season 1 and 2 plots go, and I liked it for that reason too. The shoe gadgets were very entertaining, and I especially liked the Alex running up the Eiffle Tower scene. XD Also hilarious b-plot with the obviouly not-straight Guiome. XD If they ever do another season, they should bring him back. XD

Anyways, I think I covered pretty much everything from my last talkback on this so I'll just repost that:

From TSUG Archives, posted April 26 2009, 10:00 PM:

Ok, just watched this episode for the first time. Gonna make a new thread, although it will probably be no-sold by everyone like 75 percent of my new threads any more. XD

General comments:

Liked the shoe designer villain in this episode. He was completely goofy and his terrible French accent was hilarious. I think I like these kinds of villains the most.

The villian's super platforms were pretty awesome and hilarious to watch. I liked the other shoe weapons as well. The action scenes while not fantastic, we're good.

The b-plot with Gui was pretty funny. I'm glad they brought him back again just to make the girls look like idiots. Clover's allusions to him being gay were pretty amusing as well. I like how Sam kicked his ass into the pool at the end. XD The b-plots where their attempts to pursue boys blow up in their faces are definitely preferable to what happened with Dean, Blaine, etc.

I liked the scene with Alex running up the Eiffle Tower, pretty awesome even if physically impossible (even with the shoes). XD

I liked Jerry's laderhosen and the fact he showed up later holding a stereotypical loaf of French bread. XD They've made him into such a nut since around the third season.

It was funny how they got their own gadgets and woohped their selves, but I guess they wanted to mix it up a bit.

LOL at Sam being "anatomically correct" for cleaning pools. Funny stuff.

Sam - "Ok as we can be considering we were almost churned into spy-butter." Really they give her the dorkiest one-liners on purpose. XD

Weird observations:

Jerry's voice sounded off in this episode for some reason.

I guess they dropped the after episode interviews this season although they still use the same CGI.

Fanboy/girl observations:

Most suggestive lines:

I like this line by Clover - "Or have you also forgotten that Guiome isn't interested in girls, just his work." Pretty much cutting to the chase there. XD

Clover - "Looks like he's into girls after all." I wonder if they would've tried to censor this on CN. I wouldn't put it past them, honestly.

Clover - "I think he said something about a proposition!" She then blushes. Jesus christ. XD

Clover - "Ok, its official our boss is the biggest freak ever!" XD

When they're woohped it looks like Sam is riding on Clover like a sled.

The Vision Expanding Eye-Patch is and obvious reference to Kill Bill I think.

The "laces" ropes that get continually tighter has to have been included for some fetishistic reason. They also look like "tentacles" when they first attack. xD

I think there was a cameo by the chick on that magazine Phoebe was reading in Forward to the Past at the fashion show.

Overall:

I definitely liked this episode. While maybe not the best episode ever, I'll definitely give it a thumbs up.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post May 7 2010, 08:21 PM
Post #2

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

See, I just waited for you to post the thread this time XD

Anywho, from the top!

-------------------------------------
Ouch, that's pretty mean

She's kinda hot

Wow, that guy is totally reaching around

Oh lawd HIM again?!

Wow, Alex's hair looks good like that

Language failure

At least there are subtitles

Damn, the ad blocked his text

OSHI Giant tornado!

Look at that girl with them daisy dukes on!

Lol yodeling outfit

Lol ceiling exit

LOL WOOHPing failure

That's a big boat

That's a big word for Alex

FAIL! It's always Clover's fault

DOUBLE FAIL

Denture paste came in handy after all

Close one

Alex is extra fine when her hair is wet

Well, she's half right

He understands English, interesting

Dang, that dude just shoved them

LOL at that outfit

Those are some crazy platform shoes

He looks pretty cool in the face

And he just walks away. Priceless

LOL ram'd

It's a ring now you can take a hit and not die

That guy again eh?

Lol spiders in the sign

that ladder, it's like mirror's edge all over again

dentist shoes, interesting

LOL captain planet hair

Lol clover's on point

This is Clover's favorite mission, so many chances for shoes.

More BDSM?

Axe to grind, as usual

Oh man, they're about to get served

AT least he didn't try to kill them

oh..spoke to soon

Whoa, she is FINE, especially with that outfit

OH WOW, they DID mention Clover creating the outfits

I like this dude's style

Dang, that chick has some big hips

Those boots are sweet

Awesome music time!

Nice move Alex!

That's a she Sam...or IS it?

Wow, those guys are dumb

Surprised Clover didn't volunteer to wear the shoes

Badass Alex was badass, she can move that leg pretty high too >_> dry.gif

At least he tried to run

Suddenly daytime

I bet clover will still buy his boots

Clover wants to know every detail eh?

No shit Sam

Wow, that was mean, she's totally like Diana

---------------------------------------------------------

I might have to take some screen caps from this one too!

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Jul 24 2010, 12:16 PM
Post #3

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

I wonder how Clover felt, knowing that her favorite shoe designer went evil because he got slammed in Fashion Slam? (a magazine called Fashion Slam, it's the little silly things like this that make me really love this show!) Maybe that's why she let Alex take him down, she didn't wanna injure the guy who's made like almost every shoe she's ever worn...

I think it was interesting though, there's this guy that's been mentioned several times by Clover (I remember an episode were she stole a girls' boots that were made by him from way back when...) who's never been seen, and when he does, he's a villain! I remembered his name so it was kinda surprising to see it happen. Most Totally Spies villains just pop up for that episode, then are never seen again. I mean, there wasn't any buildup for him to become a villain, but it was still a different approach, and I thought it was interesting.

Alex looks awesome with an eyepatch, they should've used that gadget more.

I also thought it was interesting that Sam called that girl a cowboy, and referred to her as "he"...maybe it was a guy? After all, some of these fashion people are a little eccentric, so an effeminate guy dressed like a cowgirl with a skirt doesn't seem too farfetched...

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jul 24 2010, 05:36 PM
Post #4

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Jul 24 2010, 12:16 PM) *
I wonder how Clover felt, knowing that her favorite shoe designer went evil because he got slammed in Fashion Slam? (a magazine called Fashion Slam, it's the little silly things like this that make me really love this show!) Maybe that's why she let Alex take him down, she didn't wanna injure the guy who's made like almost every shoe she's ever worn...

I think it was interesting though, there's this guy that's been mentioned several times by Clover (I remember an episode were she stole a girls' boots that were made by him from way back when...) who's never been seen, and when he does, he's a villain! I remembered his name so it was kinda surprising to see it happen. Most Totally Spies villains just pop up for that episode, then are never seen again. I mean, there wasn't any buildup for him to become a villain, but it was still a different approach, and I thought it was interesting.

Alex looks awesome with an eyepatch, they should've used that gadget more.

I also thought it was interesting that Sam called that girl a cowboy, and referred to her as "he"...maybe it was a guy? After all, some of these fashion people are a little eccentric, so an effeminate guy dressed like a cowgirl with a skirt doesn't seem too farfetched...

Wow that's a really great observation. Don't have the file for Evil GLADIS Much right now, but you may be right about those being his boots in that episode. The ones that Clover steals off of some poor, unsuspecting woman's feet. Very cool.

I think this happened once before though. Violet Vanderfleet from Season 4 appears in Halloween. She's Chucky's mom and is referred to as Mrs. Vanderfleet, has the same hair, etc. It's kinda funny if she did dump her bratty son on her path to wanting to eliminate all the men of the world. XD

Shirley from Power Yoga Much is another character that had a non-villain appearance as a work-out instructor in either Season 1 or 2.

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post Jul 24 2010, 08:45 PM
Post #5

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ Jul 24 2010, 01:36 PM) *
I think this happened once before though. Violet Vanderfleet from Season 4 appears in Halloween. She's Chucky's mom and is referred to as Mrs. Vanderfleet, has the same hair, etc. It's kinda funny if she did dump her bratty son on her path to wanting to eliminate all the men of the world. XD

I am nearly 100% certain that those two are sisters and not the same character. If only because Violet's entire scheme was started because she had absolutely TERRIBLE luck in the dating field. Every man she ever loved had left her for another woman, so I doubt she ever had the opportunity to have/raise a child.

That, and Violet's 30. The other one looked to be a far cry from that.

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jul 24 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (GrandMasterGalvatron @ Jul 24 2010, 08:45 PM) *
QUOTE (J-Syxx @ Jul 24 2010, 01:36 PM) *

I am nearly 100% certain that those two are sisters and not the same character. If only because Violet's entire scheme was started because she had absolutely TERRIBLE luck in the dating field. Every man she ever loved had left her for another woman, so I doubt she ever had the opportunity to have/raise a child.

That, and Violet's 30. The other one looked to be a far cry from that.

Well, I'm not sure. First of all, it could be her husband cheating on her that made her snap. She could also be a single mother. Secondly, I just watched that part of Halloween to see if you were right. She still looks pretty spanking hot and not that old imo. It may be the "mom voice" she is using that gives you that impression. She has the same hair color (it's like a shade of maroonish purple), but it's done differently. Still there is no way imo that these were just coincidences.

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post Jul 24 2010, 09:50 PM
Post #7

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ Jul 24 2010, 04:58 PM) *
She has the same hair color (it's like a shade of maroonish purple), but it's done differently. Still there is no way imo that these were just coincidences.

These I agree with. It's a definite call back, though in what way is debatable it seems.

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Jul 26 2010, 11:36 AM
Post #8

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

I only remembered about Yves Mont Blanc's boots because I thought his name sounded funny when I first heard it, it's the way Clover said it. Maybe not "funny" but...different? I thought that he was mentioned at some other point, but a quick check denies that.

Also, I forgot to mention, Guillaume...Looking back, I think he was the first "cute guy of the day" that I actually thought was...well, cute. Back in Evil Valentine's Day I think. I'd like to think it's not because he's french...Most of the other "cute guys of the day" just didn't seem to be all that attractive looking...like Dean for example. Just some random babble...ignore me.

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
ErikBigCloverFan
post Aug 24 2010, 01:43 AM
Post #9

Wannabe

Member No.: 41
Favorite Character:

Here are my thoughts on this episode:

1. It was nice to see Guillaume the pool boy again. It was also nice to see Sam get a date with him.

2. On the yacht, it was scary when Clover accidentally sat on the controls and Sam & Alex got dragged through the water! It got worse when Clover tripped and got knocked cold while trying to help! I'm just glad Sam was able to stop the boat in time with that adfesive!

3. At the warehouse, I loved seeing Clover go wild over all the different shoe styles!!!

4. It was kinda sad when they learned that Yves Mont Blanc was the villain, considering he was Clover's favorite designer. It was funny seeing Sam & Alex get mad at Clover when she asked for his autograph!

5. It was weird the way Yves was controlling those critics with those shoes.

6. I was relieved when Sam used the WOOHP shoe horn to free them before those shoelaces crushed them!

7. It sure was intense seeing the girls battle those controlled critics.

8. I loved when Alex climbed the Eiffel Tower in those boots and knocked out Yves!

9. I'm glad Sam knocked Guillaume into the river when she learned from Jerry that he only wanted her to be an assistant pool worker!

Very good ep. 4 stars.

[

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Aug 31 2010, 09:28 AM
Post #10

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Watching this again I noticed Sam made a funny face at Clover before they met Guillaume.
Attached Image

Attached Image

It was hard to catch because it was fast so it came out a bit blurry. It's right after Clover says that Guillaume isn't interested in girls, just his work.

Also, again, I thought it was strange how Sam called that one fashion designer a "cowboy" and used "he" to describe them.
"I need to figure out how to cool this Cowboy's heels before he turns me into swiss cheese!"

Notice how she says "cool" and then decides to push an ice sculpture at them. Love the puns.

But that character isn't even the one wearing a cowboy hat, Sam must be really confused.

According to Sam, that's a guy. What do you think, looks like a trap?

One last thing:

When Yves said he wanted revenge, I didn't think it would involve making the fashion designers do that.

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Aug 31 2010, 05:26 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

According to Sam, that's a guy. What do you think, looks like a trap?

There's been a lot of parts in Season 5 where the animation doesn't exactly match the script. Alex mistaking a bus for a van in Evil Sorrority and Muffy's pink heel actually being purple come to mind. I think part of it has to do with the English script being written first and the French animators having issues translating part of it. XD

It was hard to catch because it was fast so it came out a bit blurry. It's right after Clover says that Guillaume isn't interested in girls, just his work.

Over all, I just love how overt Clover is being about "he doesn't like girls" thing. Pretty ballsy for a cartoon.

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Aug 31 2010, 11:18 PM
Post #12

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Milly x Kallen.
Favorite Anime: Noein
Favorite Musician(s): Fiat Lux, Jesper Kyd, Thomas Dolby
Favorite Album: Astronauts and Heretics.
Favorite Game: GTA: Vice City

QUOTE (GrandMasterGalvatron @ May 7 2010, 04:21 PM) *

Damn, the ad blocked his text

This. Anyone have a translation of that? I took French in High School (which is the smart thing to do, considering how many Spanish speaking people are in the U.S.) for three years and remember nothing.

Maybe it's funnier if I don't know. I could pretend he said something filthy!

QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Aug 31 2010, 05:28 AM) *

When Yves said he wanted revenge, I didn't think it would involve making the fashion designers do that.

Want to sig so much.

*insert Michael Ian Black's "Nazi Party" joke here*

Yeah, that's a rainbow unicorn. Big Woop. Wanna fight about it? My blog (which yeah, still has free music). But no rainbow unicorns. We need to fix that.

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Oct 16 2010, 05:56 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Jul 24 2010, 06:16 AM) *

So I was watching the "scary, random citizen gets it opening piece" for "I Hate the Eighties." And there's another blatant Yves Mont Blanc reference. There's a girl chatting to one her friends about the shoes she just bought and she lifts up a bag and it has the initials YMB on it. She doesn't even mention him by name, but you know its a reference:

Attached Image

It also appears to be the same girl wearing the same boots that Clover steals in "Evil G.L.A.D.I.S. Much?" So that creates kind of a continuity error there unless she went back and bought another pair:

Attached Image

Got to love all the references and self-references in this show. XD

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 09:44 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.