Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

Time for another talkback.

I have to say I really enjoyed this episode. Why you ask? Because you could cut the sexual tension between Britney and Alex with a knife. That's why.

While the plot was nothing remarkable, I still enjoyed it and liked the super flaming Richard Simmons-esque villain. XD That has to be like 5th super flaming villain I can remember since Maniac Mani in Season 4, so it's definitely a trend now. XD He's also probably something liket the 42nd ex-WOOHP employee to go evil.

I kinda wish Britney could be in every episode for like an entire season. Yes, I find her hot and adorable. XD

One bad thing about wathcing this in better picture quality, it seems Sam used the eye-liner gadget to break into Mandy's room and didn't actually have a key like I thought earler. Damn't. XD Still super slashy though, including how Sam was the one who knew Mandy's schedule.

Also Clover and Sam obviously still have the hots for Britney as demonstrated by them going chibi to fight over who got to investigate with her. XD Lots of yuri subtext in this episode and even more yuri observations in my previous commentary from last year below:

Running commentary posted May 2 2009, 05:14 PM:

Ok, gonna watch the second episode of the Britney Trilogy now. Like the last thread, I'll just post my comments as I watch:

Alex has another job. She's the only character who really has part-time jobs on this show. I wonder if she's poorer than Clover and Sam.

Britney looks good in that jump-suit. xD

Wow, Alex still hates Britney. wtf lol

Aww, Britney is so nice. I want to hug her.

Am I crazy for thinking Mandy almost kicking Sam in the face was mildly sexy/flirtatious? XD

Sounds like a remix to Mandy's theme. I want OSTs damn't.

The Emergency WOOHP Request versus talking to Jerry on the X-Powder was pretty weird.

WOOHP landing not as fanservicey as possible, but I liked Britney holding on to Sam's leg. xD

Wow obvious Sam crotch shot. XD

More very slight fanservice with Alex rubbing her butt. XD

Alex's barista uniform is pretty cute.

Jerry - "An oldie but goodie." Britney - "Just like Alex" *touches her shoulder* Alex - Grrrrrrrr! XD

Why does Sam have the key to Mandy and Mindy's dorm-room? XD holy shit XD And she also seems to know an awful lot about their schedule. (Edit: As previous stated Sam actually used a gadget, it msut have been bad video quality on the file I watched it on last time that confused me.)

Mandy and Mindy share a bunkbed. I bet Mandy's on top. XD

Another flaming villain. TS sure has gotten a lot gayer since Season 3.
XD

I love how Britney just knows super obscure information like the thing about the Brazilian music only being available in that museum.

Seriously one of the girls has dressed in drag in every new episode I have watched. WTF, man? XD

Clover - "I had to hide behind Mandy's workout clothes. Ahhhhh." XD Interesting Clover was the one hiding in Mandy's closet.

They used a new jet in this episode as opposed to the funky one they usually use.

Alex - "Britney control your beast!" Britney - "I think it means she likes you." lol!

Alex - "Oh, let me guess, you want me to stand guard again?" Britney - "After what happened last time, maybe it's better if the lamas keep watch for us." Burn! XD

Britney - "Who wants to be on my team?" Clover and Sam wrestling eachother for it as chibis - "Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me!" Ok this episode is officially femslashy. XD

Sam - "Master Mario. Now where have I heard that name?" Super Mario Bros. perhaps? Xd

I'm sure you could get some pretty good screenshots from them crawling around all fours so much in the air shafts. XD

Clover looks good with her hair in a pony-tail.

WOOHPies is kind of a lame term, but it was probably meant to be.

Sam and Britney are the ones who are hypnotized. Makes sense to me.

Putting Clover and Alex in the beach ball in the ocean as torture was pretty strange, but it was pretty funny when they landed on those chicks sun-bathing. XD

Decent dog-pile with Clover's crotch over Alex's butt. XD

Britney grabbing onto Clover on her bike was kinda cute. Yes, I have a one-track mind. xd

I think Master Mario was supposed to be a parody of Richard Simmons, but he needed a fro and striped shorts or something to pull it off better.

Just realized there's no evidence at all so far of Britney digging guys. Her reaction to the guys Clover checks out was kinda non-existent. There was that part in season 3 where she shows them her bishie partners, but I can only recall SAC swooning over them.

On that note, the ending was pretty Alex/Britney femslashy.

Over all:

I though this was a pretty average episode that was perhaps raised to a slightly higher level simply from the presence of Britney and some femslashyness (especially them breaking into Mandy's dorm room XD). (Edit: I like this episode more now, like most Season 5 episodes I watched on CN. Watching tv on your computer screen in baldy encoded video definitely takes away from of the experience.)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post May 13 2010, 03:03 AM
Post #2

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

I watched both episodes, but was unable to do my running commentary (I'll do it later). However, this episode is one of the main reason I wish they would have just permanently added Britney to the cast and just had a core team of four (much like TAS). She just works so well with the girls, it's a natural fit.

I did like how she really cares for the other girls though. Didn't want them to see that image and all.

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jun 17 2010, 08:22 PM
Post #3

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Favorite Character:

Watching this again, I'm definitely getting the sense the Britney is hitting on Alex big-time. Of course you can read it as Britney trying to get in Alex's good favors, but she is really over the top with it. That's how subtext works though. It's designed so you can read one thing on the surface and then soemthing else underneath that.

Second thing I noticed new was that Mandy clearly checks out Sam as she's walking past her after their conversation about WOOHPersizing. XD It's like really short, but it's there. She turns to look right at her. XD

Also the entire air-vent scene is again reminiscent of Aliens.

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post Jul 27 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #4

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

This aired again today. I think it's probably my fave episode of the season. Though this time I noticed that Britney inadvertently came off as a bit of a jerk towards the middle of the episode. The reactions were still amusing though.

Though why Alex would again think that Britney's trying to replace her is anyone's guess. Really wish they hadn't decided to reuse that previously resolved plot point.

Oh, and common sense would have said to put the scrunchies on BEFORE infiltrating the exercise class, but of course, this is TS =P

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jul 27 2010, 09:09 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (GrandMasterGalvatron @ Jul 27 2010, 10:04 PM) *
This aired again today. I think it's probably my fave episode of the season. Though this time I noticed that Britney inadvertently came off as a bit of a jerk towards the middle of the episode. The reactions were still amusing though.

Though why Alex would again think that Britney's trying to replace her is anyone's guess. Really wish they hadn't decided to reuse that previously resolved plot point.

Oh, and common sense would have said to put the scrunchies on BEFORE infiltrating the exercise class, but of course, this is TS =P

I think the subtext fro the replacement thing is she is really just jealous because she steals Sam and Clover's attention away from her. That's definitely what I get out of it. lol I think this was demonstrated again by Sam and Clover fighting over eachother to team up with her like she was a hot guy or something. XD

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Jul 28 2010, 11:42 AM
Post #6

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

It did seem like Mandy was kind of checking out Sam when she walked by. I mean, I don't recall Mandy doing that often, she doesn't waste her time looking at other people when she's walking past them.

Also, the dart board with the picture of Sam, Clover, and Alex's faces seemed to have less darts on Sam. At least, none of the darts were on her face.

I like how Britney made fun of Alex nicely. It seemed like she was making fun of her at times "Maybe we'd be better off if the Llamas stood watch!" but somehow making it sound nice. I guess it's because she's talking to Alex...

I can't help but think Britney's llama bit Alex's hair because Britney was riding it, "I think it means that she likes you!" Kind of subtle, but not too much.

Also, because I felt like it, I was browsing through some screenshots on Woohp.org, and they are really easy to take out of context.

Clover's talking, so Sam's looking at her, but look at were Sam's eyes are focused.

Britney sure looks upset. Like she's trying to avoid looking at Clover's butt.

It's obvious they aren't close enough, but the angle suggests Britney hands are really close to Alex's chest. I know, I'm stretching it.

Sam looks flustered because Mandy was checking her out.

Britney: "Why couldn't I ride with Alex?"

I know it's a good idea to hold onto the person in front of you when riding a motorcycle-type vehicle, but I thought you usually put your hands around their stomach, not their chest?

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jul 28 2010, 04:39 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

It did seem like Mandy was kind of checking out Sam when she walked by. I mean, I don't recall Mandy doing that often, she doesn't waste her time looking at other people when she's walking past them.

Oh yeah, I noticed this too. I mean Mindy doesn't look at her like that, it's only Mandy. XD She also checked her out like this in Eraser too. I made like ten screenshots of it.

And nice finds on the screenshots. I'd take some myself for here for Season 5 episodes, so I can look for similar crazy shots, but the video files I had I don't think were high enough quality. That might change since Season 5 has been in the US in HD for a while now. The animators are notorious for this kind of stuff. XD

I know it's a good idea to hold onto the person in front of you when riding a motorcycle-type vehicle, but I thought you usually put your hands around their stomach, not their chest?

She probalby got in the mood. Some girls just love riding morotcycles for reasons I won't get into. XD

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Jul 30 2010, 10:20 AM
Post #8

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

Looking back at some screenshots from Eraser, omigosh...I forgot how Mandy was all over Sam in that episode. Meanwhile, Clover was oiling Alex's back...You'd think I would have remembered this episode better, but I hated those creepy slimes so much I must have tried to forget it. I guess.

Anyway, back to WOOHPersize Me, I thought this was the episode where Clover talks about "babelicious boys", but I can't confirm. I mean, what's that supposed to mean? Babelicious...boys? That makes me think of some kind of...umm...dual gendered person? Babelicious means something like..."delicious babes"? Boys aren't "delicious babes". This shows another side of Clover that we don't see often.

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Mezoroth
post Jul 31 2010, 04:41 AM
Post #9

Dangerously close to doing "The Voice"
Group Icon

Member No.: 15
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Them Luxe Cousins, or Mandy and Yvette lol
Favorite Anime: Geass, Bamboo Blades, Sailah Moonz
Favorite Manga: Hajime Ippo, Bamboo Blades
Favorite Comic: Empowered, Deadpool & Cable, Dylan Dog
Favorite Book: Zombie Survival Guide
Favorite Game: GTA, SF, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon, Yakuzas

Watched this one in Puerto Rico with me younger sibs, and my face-palming father, lol. I provided expert commentary on key issues such as why Britney is awesome. Also caught Evil Sorority last week...imagine explaining the most yuri-tasticly awesome episode to aforementioned family. XD

GOT IT COACH
Retsupurae
Arrange Stream (japanese)

Head Abbot of the Shrine of Princess Kimball since 2006
GASP! A character sketch for me?! Thanks Marathon! :3

The first step is admitting you have a problem...come obsess with me ;_;

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Aug 1 2010, 02:07 AM
Post #10

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Milly x Kallen.
Favorite Anime: Noein
Favorite Musician(s): Fiat Lux, Jesper Kyd, Thomas Dolby
Favorite Album: Astronauts and Heretics.
Favorite Game: GTA: Vice City

QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Jul 30 2010, 06:20 AM) *
Anyway, back to WOOHPersize Me, I thought this was the episode where Clover talks about "babelicious boys", but I can't confirm. I mean, what's that supposed to mean? Babelicious...boys? That makes me think of some kind of...umm...dual gendered person? Babelicious means something like..."delicious babes"? Boys aren't "delicious babes". This shows another side of Clover that we don't see often.

It applies to boys who look like...girls? Like ummm....Bridget?

QUOTE (Mezoroth @ Jul 31 2010, 12:41 AM) *
Watched this one in Puerto Rico with me younger sibs, and my face-palming father, lol. I provided expert commentary on key issues such as why Britney is awesome. Also caught Evil Sorority last week...imagine explaining the most yuri-tasticly awesome episode to aforementioned family. XD

If there is ever a DVD, there should be commentary tracks by the fans on it. If "Scissor Sisters" did it, why can't anyone else?

Yeah, that's a rainbow unicorn. Big Woop. Wanna fight about it? My blog (which yeah, still has free music). But no rainbow unicorns. We need to fix that.

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Aug 1 2010, 03:28 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

I'm pretty sure it's acceptable vallery girl (or whatever) speak to refer to a guy as a babe. Not really reading any subtext in that one. lol

+Quote Post
ErikBigCloverFan
post Aug 24 2010, 01:48 AM
Post #12

Wannabe

Member No.: 41
Favorite Character:

Here are my thoughts on this episode:

1. Aw, poor Alex is still jealous of Britney! Even Alex's spicy coffee didn't affect her.

2. I was as surprised as the girls were to see everyone, including Mandy & Mindy, doing WOOHP exercises. Even Jerry didn't like what he saw! Plus, Alex looked upset when the others WOOHPed without her!

3. I didn't blame Alex for getting upset for standing guard outside while the others investigated Mandy & Mindy's dorm. At least, she did a good job distracting them when they returned early so the girls could escape

4. It wasn't pretty to see Sam & Alex get beaten up by those guards. It wasn't any prettier with Clover & Britney. I'm just glad they all escaped through the air vent.

5. During the hypnotic workout, it was sad to see Sam & Britney accidentally get hypnotized.

6. After Master Mario trapped Alex & Clover in a plastic bubble and sent them adrift, I was relieved when Alex used the laser mascara to pop a hole and get them back to shore.

7. After dehypnotizing everyone, I'm glad the girls stopped Mario when Alex used the WOOHP boomerang to make that tire destroy his motorcycle instead of WOOHP.

8. I was so happy when Britney told Alex that she would never replace her, and they hugged.

Good episode. 4 stars.

[

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 09:44 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.