Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

Ok, time for a new talkback. After watching this episode again, I definitley have to say I like this episode. In fact, I liked the whole "Britney Trilogy." It's a little wonky at times, but that's part of the allure of Totally Spies I think. XD Over all, just very enjoyable episode.

Best part of course was to see Britney and Alex on good terms with eachother. In fact, on such good terms they were pretty much all over eachother the whole episode. XD I have to think that Britney may have the hots for Alex due to her obvious buttering up to her to the point it begins to confuse Sam and Alex. Despite the whole T-Bone/Blaine thing, definitely have to say the yuri-detector was going off in this episode.

Also glad to see Captain Hayes back. The fact he is just obssessed with celebrities is pretty hilarious, and any episode that makes fun of celebrities and celebrity worhsip is rather amusing.

I also thought the sub chase scene with Sam piloting the submarine by shoulting out navigation orders was very cool and a nice way to mix up the action in a TS episode.

Anotehr comment is if Blaine is Clover's boyfriend, then why was Clover hitting on any with a penis is the last several previous episodes? XD Oh yeah, that's becasue she's a whore. XD Sorry, I forgot. devil.gif

More comments, observations, and subtext, refrences anc crap I picked up on in my commentary from last year:

Running commentary posted May 3 2009, 07:55 PM:

Ok, watching the final part of the Britney Trilogy now. My random thoughts as I watch:

They have palentology class where they can destroy real artifacts (or fake ones). Pretty high end, but they are rich.

Why are there class bells ringing in this college like its still high school? WTF? XD

Wow Britney is sure buttering up to Alex. *yuri alert*

Britney is petting Alex as a pussy-cat. Obvious symbolism here? XDDD

Wow femslashsy interaction, but then she kissed T-Bone on a magazine. XD I think she's just trying to suck up to her.

Britney looks good in hip hop gear.

Wow Clover is talking about chocolate facials while getting rubbed down by black guys. XDDDD

Alex and Sam have their hands all over Britney, and ultra Britney dog pile while they're in the WOOHP tunnel and when they land. XD

Jerry called T-Bone, Mr. Bone. XD

New season 5 jet again, I miss the old one. This one's kinda blah.

Alex ate a burrito, are they trying to maker her more Mexican? XD

Wow Alex and Britney surrounded by hearts as they talk about their close bond. XDD

I like how Britney just slinks her shoulder over Alex's. This one has reached a .3 on the yuri scale so far. XD

Alex - "I always wanted to be in a hottub with T-Bone." Jesus. XD

LOL at T-Bone being mad the lipstick isn't the right shade when Britney puts it on him.

Mandy's hair-color isn't fake, you bitch! XD

Random philosophy reference to prove their in college. lol

Clover - "I really hate it when they run." lol

LOL at the T-Bone having a plushie of himself.

Alex - "I thought hot dogs were supposed to make you feel good." WTF? XD

Britney is touching Alex a lot this episode.

Cool, I thought they would bring Captain Hayes back. I hope Metro has seen this episode.

LOL at Sam being dressed like Jon Benet Ramsey.

Jackson John cameo, and the random celebrites from season 2 and 3.

Captain Hayes - "Books? Don't you know print is dead." XD

More talk about Clover getting a facial. lol

LOL at the plot to flood the world and kill everyone who isn't a celebrity. XDDD

Captain Hayes throwing his own body guard at them was pretty cool.

Sam, turned off the water machine by throwing something at the control panel. Ok, but you can't question hilarious TS logic.

Nice how Clover grabbed Sam's hand before running away. Xd

The submarine chase/battle scene was awesome, and I like how Sam just took over captaining it. Pretty cool scene.

Alex - "And the best part is we're going to be together forever" *puts arm over Britney* *cut to scene of Britney and Alex running together as blushing chibi teddy-bears holding hands surrounded by hearts* XDDD

Nice interwoven hand embrace between Alex and Britney.

Blaine! Ugh! Fuck that mother fucker! Ugh Britney likes him too. Booooooo! She already has two bishie partners, give me a break.

Clover - "You stay away from my boyfriend!" Like you only have one, you fucking whore!

Alex - "Ugh, I never liked her!" Enjoy the veal. lol

Overall, great episode. Interesting, unusual plot, funny returning villain, plenty of good pop-culture parody, and great actions scenes (especially with the submarine). The fact it included Britney and lots of yuritastic Britney/Alex scenes made it that much better. Only downside is the later part was intermixed with Britney straight scenes, but tis the nature of Totally Bicurious Spies. XD

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jun 18 2010, 08:15 PM
Post #2

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Tried to spot who some of the random celebrities were in this episode. Of course there's the likely suspects from episodes like A Spy Is Born I and II and Evil Airline Much, but I also spotted Bill Gates. I don't know if he appeared in an earlier episode. Maybe the one with Oprah, who also appears in this episode, Evil Heiress Much. I also just realized Jackson John's outfit is taken from George Harrison's uniform on the cover of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I must be really slow for not realizing this earlier. XD

Also I have to say all three of these episodes were really over the top femslashy. Alex - "Ugh! I never liked her!" I think that about says it all. XD

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Jul 29 2010, 12:08 PM
Post #3

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

The red-head with the pink and white outfit from Evil Heiress Much? was in this! I don't know if she appeared in any other episode, but her appearance really stood out to me so I remembered her right away.

Anyway, I really liked most of the episode, but the last minute or so almost ruined it. Doesn't mean Britney doesn't like Alex still, and vice versa. Alex is just upset that Britney showed interest in a guy. (T-Bone was a different cause, speaking of which it WAS hilarious when he said the lipstick wasn't his color, and that he was "more of an autumn" like he knows what kind of lipstick he should be wearing, plus the T-Bone plushie in the hotel made me laugh) It's too obvious, with all the scenes of Alex and Britney holding each other with hearts flying around, I don't recall seeing stuff like that for BFFs or whatever in any other show or anything, that's what people who are in love do. I think Jerry was just being a troll, randomly sending Britney to WOOHP Australia after she got closer with them. He does like to troll the spies, but it's usually harmless like random WOOHPings. Oh well.

And Blaine, gosh, I don't know what to think of him. At first it was like, here's these dude who says he likes everything Clover does, and he's being all nice even though she showed up to their first date dressed like an old man. Then we discover Blaine's supposed to eliminate Clover, should've known. She finds out he tried to blow her up, but she still sort of likes him. They are in a drawn out fight at the beach, and she still sort of likes him. When they find out they are both "good" (assassins usually aren't "good", but hey) and make up. Then Blaine tries to take down Geraldine single-handedly, but fails, Clover tries too, but also fails (dramatically less so then Blaine), blah blah blah, oh guess what, Jerry's sending Blaine to Australia! I actually kind of liked him at this point, he tried to defeat the person who tricked him into attacking Clover and he wanted to try and keep their relationship even though they'd be on the other side of the planet. Then his face shows up in Evil Hotel and it's like eh, don't like him anymore. He went from "alright" to "urgh" in an episode he wasn't actually in! It annoys me. But mainly for Britney and Alex's sake.

Oh well, sorry for the ranting.

Anyway, Captain Hayes must be a fan of Final Fantasy VIII. His hotel was highly reminiscent of the Gardens (except they weren't equipped for combat)

Oh, and Alex was talking about hot TUBs. To check I watched a couple seconds on YouTube...and it DID sound like she might have said hot dogs after I saw your post, but I'm sure she was talking about hot tubs. That's what they were in before they got sent to the Evil Hotel and Alex complained about it.

Hmm...what else? Sam's outfit with the cowboy hat was totally awesome. I'd like to see her wearing cowboy hats more often.

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jul 29 2010, 06:30 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

The red-head with the pink and white outfit from Evil Heiress Much? was in this! I don't know if she appeared in any other episode, but her appearance really stood out to me so I remembered her right away.

I saw a pink haired female with the celebrities, but I don't think it was her. The color of her hair was wrong as well as her skin tone.

Anyway, I really liked most of the episode, but the last minute or so almost ruined it. Doesn't mean Britney doesn't like Alex still, and vice versa. Alex is just upset that Britney showed interest in a guy.

Yup, you could definitely read it both ways. It could be a combination of both too. Britney is definitley a love/hate thing with Alex.

And you've seen this video I made right? XD Although watching the episode again, there were one or two moments that I should've included (maybe I'll do yet another version of it XD):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ickzDQWjI7k

Oh, and Alex was talking about hot TUBs. To check I watched a couple seconds on YouTube...and it DID sound like she might have said hot dogs after I saw your post, but I'm sure she was talking about hot tubs. That's what they were in before they got sent to the Evil Hotel and Alex complained about it.

Yeah, I checked this out later and you're right. I just heard it wrong.

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Jul 30 2010, 09:14 AM
Post #5

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

I saw a pink haired female with the celebrities, but I don't think it was her. The color of her hair was wrong as well as her skin tone.

Oh, sorry, I should have specified, I wasn't talking about Milan:

I was talking about this girl:

I'm pretty sure she was in Evil Hotel. She was just one of the rich people captured by Milan, by her design stood out to me, so she was easy for me to recognize.

Yeah, I checked this out later and you're right. I just heard it wrong.

There are a lot of random moments in Totally Spies, but think how random it would have been if she really was talking about hot dogs.

Yup, you could definitely read it both ways. It could be a combination of both too. Britney is definitley a love/hate thing with Alex.

And you've seen this video I made right? XD Although watching the episode again, there were one or two moments that I should've included (maybe I'll do yet another version of it XD):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ickzDQWjI7k

That video was...interesting. The name was very misleading until I realized what it meant. Gosh, if that isn't enough proof for Britney x Alex, I don't know what is.

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
SpyHunter29
post Aug 3 2010, 08:28 PM
Post #6

Lackey

Member No.: 119
Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Jul 30 2010, 05:14 AM) *

I'm pretty sure she was in Evil Hotel. She was just one of the rich people captured by Milan, by her design stood out to me, so she was easy for me to recognize.

Ah, yes. As I like to call her, Not Britney Spears. Because it's much cooler than going with the first name the show's writers could think of.

QUOTE (Catherine)
I have neither Catherine nor the boyfriend. The man of the favor is a person who likes DDR. The man with the tightened body is very sexy."

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Aug 3 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (SpyHunter29 @ Aug 3 2010, 09:28 PM) *
QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Jul 30 2010, 05:14 AM) *

Ah, yes. As I like to call her, Not Britney Spears. Because it's much cooler than going with the first name the show's writers could think of.

They usually come up with fantastic names for characters though. Like Jackson John, the Michael Jackson/Elton John amalgam in a Sgt. Pepper's uniform. Just awesome. But you are right in assuming she is a Britney Spears parody. That's at least what I got out of it.

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Aug 4 2010, 08:56 AM
Post #8

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Britney Spears, huh? I had no idea. Speaking of parody names of rich famous people in Totally Spies, I liked how Milan's name was a parody of Paris Hilton. Milan Stilton. I think she herself is a parody of her, even without the name.

Oh yeah, something else I wanted to mention about this episode. On the subject of Clover saying Mandy's hair color is fake. Think of it as a weird compliment. After all, Clover thought the fake waterfall was beautiful before she saw it was manmade, so by saying it's "as fake as Mandy's hair color" would imply that Clover liked Mandy's hair color at one point, fake or not.

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
SpyHunter29
post Aug 7 2010, 02:07 AM
Post #9

Lackey

Member No.: 119
Favorite Character:

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ Aug 3 2010, 04:33 PM) *
They usually come up with fantastic names for characters though. Like Jackson John, the Michael Jackson/Elton John amalgam in a Sgt. Pepper's uniform. Just awesome. But you are right in assuming she is a Britney Spears parody. That's at least what I got out of it.

QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Aug 4 2010, 04:56 AM) *
Britney Spears, huh? I had no idea. Speaking of parody names of rich famous people in Totally Spies, I liked how Milan's name was a parody of Paris Hilton. Milan Stilton. I think she herself is a parody of her, even without the name.

See, I don't know, because to me it shows that the writers couldn't be bothered to come up with more original names. Like you said, some of these pastiches would've worked without having to rip off the name as well. But hey, I've been burned by The Fairly OddParents before.

QUOTE (Catherine)
I have neither Catherine nor the boyfriend. The man of the favor is a person who likes DDR. The man with the tightened body is very sexy."

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Aug 7 2010, 05:50 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (SpyHunter29 @ Aug 6 2010, 09:07 PM) *
QUOTE (J-Syxx @ Aug 3 2010, 04:33 PM) *

QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Aug 4 2010, 04:56 AM) *

See, I don't know, because to me it shows that the writers couldn't be bothered to come up with more original names. Like you said, some of these pastiches would've worked without having to rip off the name as well. But hey, I've been burned by The Fairly OddParents before.

I've always thought this show had the best names. Hell, even their moms have interesting names. I don't really care about the direct parodies having similar names to the real world counterparts. It's kind of an intentional part of the comedy. Milan Stitlon vs. Paris Hilton is pretty humorous to me.

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post Aug 7 2010, 08:18 AM
Post #11

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

If you don't like the name bit, stay away from TAS. That show does it in spades (Lol Stony Falcon and Slick Mick)

+Quote Post
ErikBigCloverFan
post Aug 24 2010, 01:49 AM
Post #12

Wannabe

Member No.: 41
Favorite Character:

Here are my thoughts on this episode:

1. It was really nice to see Alex & Britney finally get along with each other.

2. I felt so sorry for Clover when she couldn't get reservations to that underwater hotel. I lovd the scene the dream scene where she was getting a massage while wearing a bikini.

3. I loved how Alex & Britney gladly accepted the mission just so they could meet their favorite celebrity!

4. I loved seeing Alex & Britney go wild while making sure T-Bone was ok. It was scary seeing them all get sucked into that whirlpool in his swimming pool! I'm sure glad Britney put that oxygen lipstick on them all before they all drowned!

5. I'm glad Sam & Clover didn't drown when, while battling that bellhop, he flushed them down that waterfall.

6. It was so sad that, while rescuing Alex & Britney from the hotel room, Capt. Hayes captured them all and started flooding the room! I'm so glad Britney used the WOOHP hair dryer to over-inflate the balloon furniture so they could bust out!

7. I loved when Alex & Britney got all the celebs to the sub while Sam & Clover battled Capt. Hayes and his bellhops.

8. I thought the underwater chase was intense! I'm glad they made Hayes crash his hotel in the process and sent him flying to shore!

9. Hayes had a whole lot of nerve asking those celebs for their autographs, after all the chaos he put them through!

10. It was sad to see Britney leave. It was funny when Clover didn't want her to team up with Blaine, as well as Alex disliking her again.

A great ep. 4 stars.

[

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Sep 2 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

I noteced there was a bottle of champagne in Alex and Britney's hotel room. I think this marks the first time actual alcohol has appeared in a TS episode.

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Sep 3 2010, 12:32 PM
Post #14

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

It wasn't "Alex and Britney's room" just the room they happened to land in. And gosh, you sure do notice lots of random little things that I don't notice until you point them out.

Like Clover grabbing Sam's hand.
Attached Image
Attached Image

I think it's interesting, I don't recall seeing that happen much between them. That kind of thing is usually done for someone who isn't as good at running or is scared or something. Sam seemed perfectly fine there, I guess Clover just wanted to hold her hand.

And oh, the bonding that Alex and Britney do in this episode is still quite interesting. They say it's best friend-ish and sister-ish, but it just seems to be so much more lesbian-ish, with the many scenes of them embracing with hearts flying every where. Like this:
Attached Image

Sooooo cute!

And the way Britney holds Alex here is cute too.
Attached Image

Well...changing subject here. I said before that the Aquavita Resort resembles a Garden from Final Fantasy VIII.
Here's the resort being mobile:

Attached Image

And here's Balamb Garden:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2007...rden_Area_4.jpg
Yeah, they have their differences but their are quite a few similarities.
One being...the fact that both can become mobile and fly around. Captain Hayes' was a water vessel, while the Gardens' in FFVIII could fly through the air, albeit not too high.

I don't know, maybe it's just a coincidence.

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Sep 3 2010, 05:16 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

It wasn't "Alex and Britney's room" just the room they happened to land in.

It was the one they were sent to anyways. I wasn't really suggesting anything else. Although, that would be pretty awesome if they did reserve a room together. a11.gif

And oh, the bonding that Alex and Britney do in this episode is still quite interesting. They say it's best friend-ish and sister-ish, but it just seems to be so much more lesbian-ish, with the many scenes of them embracing with hearts flying every where. Like this:

Hell, it was like three episodes of subtext. Britney is all over her both phsyically and with the dialogue the whole time. She definitely didn't give Sam or Clover that kind of attention, although I don't think they would've minded. The original episode, Alex Quits, is pretty much the classic lesbian jealousy storyline as well (another example: http://tsug.net/index.php?autocom=arcade&a...=play&g=784 XD). And thanks for pointing out the extreme slashyness of the ending. I don't know why I didn't get that the first time I watched it.

And here's Balamb Garden:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2007...rden_Area_4.jpg
Yeah, they have their differences but their are quite a few similarities.
One being...

I don't see a resemblance, but it does look familar. So it is probalby taken from something. Unless of coruse we are just remember the design for "Bling Jet" from Captain Hayes' other episode.

I think it's interesting, I don't recall seeing that happen much between them. That kind of thing is usually done for someone who isn't as good at running or is scared or something. Sam seemed perfectly fine there, I guess Clover just wanted to hold her hand.

I think I noticed this too, but good find. The spies randomly touch eachother for no reason a lot, especially in the eariler seasons.

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Sep 4 2010, 12:07 PM
Post #16

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Hmm...Clover wanted two rooms when she was trying to make a reservation, I assume she'd get a room with Sam and then Britney and Alex would get their room. That would have been interesting...too bad. I don't know about anybody else, but I think getting a room with someone in a super fancy underwater hotel seems really...romantic. Sure, getting two rooms for two would be far less expensive than four individual rooms, but still...

The Britney arc was probably my favorite of the four 3 episode arcs in Season 5 (the others being the Blaine Arc, the France Arc, and the Jazz Hands Arc) First of all, Britney! Second of all, Britney and Alex's relationship in the episodes and it's development. It was interesting seeing her go from "I hate her, she's perfect" to "We'll be together forever!" in just a few episodes. Which just made me think, maybe the whole reason she said she hated Britney's perfection is because she doesn't feel good enough for her...though I guess that's what you meant by "classic lesbian jealousy storyline"! And I thought you already pointed out the slashiness of the ending yourself.

And I'm sad that I didn't see those two episodes you mentioned. They both sound like they would have made these 3 episodes all the more interesting.

About Balamb Garden, does this picture look more like the Aquavita Resort?

I don't know, there's something about it that reminded me of this.

About Clover grabbing Sam's hand, I only noticed it because you mentioned it in your talkback! It was easy to locate it to screencap it too because your thoughts were in the order of appearance. I know they touch each other a lot, but I think this is the first time I saw one of them do the "grab hands and then start running" thing.

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Sep 5 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

though I guess that's what you meant by "classic lesbian jealousy storyline"

Well, not exactly. In the original episode, Alex Quits, it's more like Alex got extremely jealous due to Britney's addition to her group. Sam and Clover were like really trying to butter Britney up in that episode and were all chummy with her. Alex definitely did not like that. So I think it was more like Alex getting jealous of Britney for getting attention from Clover and Sam.

So originally, it was more Clover/Alex/Sam and Clover/Britney/Sam subtext. By the time of this three parter, those feelings between the two definitely got switched around to heavy Alex/Britney subtext. I'm not complaining at all definitely. Clover/Alex/Sam is slightly boring to me, although well supported through out the show I think. xD

And I'm sad that I didn't see those two episodes you mentioned. They both sound like they would have made these 3 episodes all the more interesting.

Well, Escape from WOOHP Island is already up (at some other place you know about XD). I will also mention that Alex Quits, from Season 2, the first appearance of Britney, is up now too. It's also the the uncut version ala what appeared on Canadian DVD.

About Clover grabbing Sam's hand, I only noticed it because you mentioned it in your talkback!

Yeah, I notice so much stuff, I guess I end up forgetting most of it. XD

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 09:44 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.