Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

Time for a new talkback!

I thought this was a decent episode, maybe not extraoridnary, but good. The main thing of course that made it interesting is Sam's acting secret about "Project Secret Partnership" and trying to hide it from Alex and Clover. It's too be continued and my interest is peaked. XD

Sushi Bob was also an amusing character, but I think he needed slightly more characterization. I for one liked the idea of having them fight giant octupi most of the episode. Pretty amusing.

Fanservice Stuff

Sam - "I've had enough water sports for one day." Holy shit. XD This is a record for perviest line in Season 5 I think.

The idea of them slipping out of their bondage with sliperly soy sauce was rather fanservicey. BTW, I love soy sauce.

I still like how the UPWATI fits over the crotch like a thong. XD

Yuri/Yaoi Stuff

I was hoping they would joint Sam in the shower after Alex and Clover found they also reeked of fish. XD

I think there was one good three way huge in this episode. It's a staple. XD

Overall

Decent episode, but not great. Interesting thought due to Sam double-timing Alex and Clover, and apparently feeling pretty bad about it.

I'm also feeling hungry for sashimi now. sushi11.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mezoroth
post May 14 2010, 11:56 PM
Post #2

Dangerously close to doing "The Voice"
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 15
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Them Luxe Cousins, or Mandy and Yvette lol
Favorite Anime: Geass, Bamboo Blades, Sailah Moonz
Favorite Manga: Hajime Ippo, Bamboo Blades
Favorite Comic: Empowered, Deadpool & Cable, Dylan Dog
Favorite Book: Zombie Survival Guide
Favorite Game: GTA, SF, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon, Yakuzas

I was hoping for more characterization for Sushi Bob too. More personality development. I actually had a spot for him in TS5, but I think he came off "meh" on me. It's been awhile since I've seen this one, did he have a stock TS villain voice (you should know the one by now. Master Marios voice is sorta an example). I'm pretty sure it wasn't the exaggerated asian-american voice I would've picked, or I'd remember it. XD
Considering the b-story is pretty important for this arc, it kinda ended up smushing the character the villain could've been. I feel bad that they ended up starting this arc on a Friday. Not only is the cliffhanger killer because of the weekend, but the next ep is widely considered (I'm pretty sure) a favorite for the season.

Sam - "I've had enough water sports for one day." Holy shit. XD This is a record for perviest line in Season 5 I think.

Wait, how is this setting records? Maybe it was context, but are watersports widely considered teh sex now? I'm just wondering why it got Jysxx to bust out the bold font, is all.

GOT IT COACH
Retsupurae
Arrange Stream (japanese)

Head Abbot of the Shrine of Princess Kimball since 2006
GASP! A character sketch for me?! Thanks Marathon! :3

The first step is admitting you have a problem...come obsess with me ;_;

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post May 15 2010, 12:14 AM
Post #3

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Wait, how is this setting records? Maybe it was context, but are watersports widely considered teh sex now? I'm just wondering why it got Jysxx to bust out the bold font, is all.

I'm not explaining what the term watersports means. XDDD Also there is no way that wasn't put in there on purpose. It's not like they were watersking or anything at that point. lol

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post May 15 2010, 02:25 AM
Post #4

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

It was a pun involving the constant being in water for the mission. There's no way it's referring to what you think it is.

Normally, I let you go with these, but this time, you're waaaaaay off the mark XD

As for this episode, it probably could have been longer or something. It seemed a bit cluttered with trying to tell two stories at once, then again, it does have the cliff hanger ending.

Also, if Clover's a professed vegetarian, why does she eat sushi? Especially the kind in this episode.

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post May 15 2010, 03:47 AM
Post #5

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

It was a pun involving the constant being in water for the mission. There's no way it's referring to what you think it is.

Normally, I let you go with these, but this time, you're waaaaaay off the mark XD

It so is. I'm not backing down on this. XD It's a double entendre:

A double entendre is a figure of speech in which a spoken phrase is devised to be understood in either of two ways. Often the first meaning is straightforward, while the second meaning is less so: often risqué, inappropriate, or ironic.

It's designed to be interpreted two ways. That's how cartoons get in those pervy references in dialogue. Like Clover can't say, "Hey, you wanna fuck?" So she'll say things like, "Want to help me study biology?" The subversive nature of TS to me is very obvious and one of the things I like most about the show. XD

+Quote Post
Trillium
post May 16 2010, 12:56 AM
Post #6

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Milly x Kallen.
Favorite Anime: Noein
Favorite Musician(s): Fiat Lux, Jesper Kyd, Thomas Dolby
Favorite Album: Astronauts and Heretics.
Favorite Game: GTA: Vice City

QUOTE (GrandMasterGalvatron @ May 14 2010, 10:25 PM) *
Also, if Clover's a professed vegetarian, why does she eat sushi?

Some vegetarians are weird and won't eat meat but think fish is o.k. My sister is one of those.

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ May 14 2010, 11:47 PM) *
A double entendre is a figure of speech in which a spoken phrase is devised to be understood in either of two ways. Often the first meaning is straightforward, while the second meaning is less so: often risqué, inappropriate, or ironic.

It's designed to be interpreted two ways. That's how cartoons get in those pervy references in dialogue. Like Clover can't say, "Hey, you wanna fuck?" So she'll say things like, "Want to help me study biology?" The subversive nature of TS to me is very obvious and one of the things I like most about the show. XD

Like "corn inspector"! Kids (and SG) were probably all "Cute, she's playing off the undercover thing to get a boy". The rest of us were like "She wants his cock."

Yeah, that's a rainbow unicorn. Big Woop. Wanna fight about it? My blog (which yeah, still has free music). But no rainbow unicorns. We need to fix that.

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post May 16 2010, 08:41 PM
Post #7

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

I can understand that, and there's a slagton of quotes where I picked up on that. I just think a reference to...that seems a bit extreme, especially given who said it.

Then again, it's always the quiet ones...

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post May 17 2010, 01:05 AM
Post #8

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (GrandMasterGalvatron @ May 16 2010, 09:41 PM) *

I can understand that, and there's a slagton of quotes where I picked up on that. I just think a reference to...that seems a bit extreme, especially given who said it.

Then again, it's always the quiet ones...

It doesn't have to be in character for her. The point is having her say something outrageous. They've also done plenty of other things just as extreme. As was mentioned here recently the girls being visually bukakkied is a running theme in all seasons. XD

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Sep 7 2010, 08:47 PM
Post #9

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Ok, well I was watching this again today. I think I noticed something that could be censorship of the same variety that appeared in Evil Sorrority. Near the fifteen minute mark, the CN box in the corner extended again to tell us KND was on next for like one second. Oddly, it didn't happen at the same time as in Evil Sorrority, but at the middle of the episode. The box also extended to cover Sam's crotch. It caught my attention because it was while she was wearing her Upwati. If you know the Upwati, its a pretty fanservice gadget and includes a tiny strap that goes up the crotch like a little thong or something. XD Again, I don't really see this as being a coincidence.

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Sep 8 2010, 10:02 AM
Post #10

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

I never really realized the "thongness" of the Upwati's...Anyway I didn't realize if or when that ad appeared. There are multiple scenes with them in the Upwati's in this episode so I don't know if it's actually ad censorship...

I think this episode set the record for the most "That doesn't make any sense" moments. At least for me it does.

Here's what I mean
1. Turning little octopi that are already made into sushi (meaning already dead) into giant living octopi.
2. Camouflage doesn't make you disappear, and it certainly does work that well or that fast.
3. If Sushi Bob's food was so terrible, how did he manage to get the funds for a secret underwater lab that he doesn't hesitate to destroy to try and take out the Spies?
4. How did he get the tech for a small light gun that rivals the Inflatus Project in ability?

I know Totally Spies has lots of moments like that but this actually annoyed me instead of amused me...

I think the Octopus thing is why. How often do we see a punch or kick actually connect? If it's not blocked or avoided, there's a flash or something so we don't see it actually hit. But more than once we see one of the Octopi smack the Spies to the ground? It's not okay to see people get hit by hands and feet but it's okay to see people get hit by giant tentacles? Bizarre.

Also, Clover and Alex are usually smarter than to retreat by hiding in a locker when your foes saw you go in. I mean come on. And Sam flaking on them?

Was anyone else annoyed with her? ...We find out in the next episode that the Secret Partnership is between Sam and Jerry, so Jerry was basically telling her that spying on Jazz Hands was more important than supporting Clover and Alex on a mission...great. Based on the context of when she ditched them, it would have made more sense if she was partnering with Jazz Hands...

To be perfectly honest this might be my least favorite episode of Season 5. It's not bad, I just didn't like it much.

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Sep 8 2010, 04:47 PM
Post #11

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

never really realized the "thongness" of the Upwati's...Anyway I didn't realize if or when that ad appeared. There are multiple scenes with them in the Upwati's in this episode so I don't know if it's actually ad censorship...

You could probably make out that part of the UPWATI in other scenes, but in this scene Sam was moving towards the camera. So it was probably extra gratuitious.

Here's a shot from around the time the ad covered her from another website that took the shot from the Canadian broadcast a couple years ago. You can definitely see the part of the UPWATI that looks like the thong here. XD

Attached Image
[

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Sep 18 2010, 06:43 PM
Post #12

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Milly x Kallen.
Favorite Anime: Noein
Favorite Musician(s): Fiat Lux, Jesper Kyd, Thomas Dolby
Favorite Album: Astronauts and Heretics.
Favorite Game: GTA: Vice City

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ Sep 7 2010, 04:47 PM) *
Ok, well I was watching this again today. I think I noticed something that could be censorship of the same variety that appeared in Evil Sorrority. Near the fifteen minute mark, the CN box in the corner extended again to tell us KND was on next for like one second. Oddly, it didn't happen at the same time as in Evil Sorrority, but at the middle of the episode. The box also extended to cover Sam's crotch. It caught my attention because it was while she was wearing her Upwati. If you know the Upwati, its a pretty fanservice gadget and includes a tiny strap that goes up the crotch like a little thong or something. XD Again, I don't really see this as being a coincidence.

This does not happen in the original airing. Unless they got complaints, I'm surprised they would change it. And that the former statement implies that CN apparently doesn't watch anything before they air it, unless they had a goof and had planned to do it that way from the start. This is the only explanation that doesn't make them look totally stupid.

Yeah, that's a rainbow unicorn. Big Woop. Wanna fight about it? My blog (which yeah, still has free music). But no rainbow unicorns. We need to fix that.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 12:39 AM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.