Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

Um, kinda out of it due to going to the dentist and being high on novacaine. So, I'm not going to make as many comments as usual. Maybe I'll be able to observe more on the re-run. O__O

Anyways, I really liked this episode. Definitley enjoyed this trilogy. Although, the final part wasn't as dramatic as it could be, it was definitely a very fun, enjoyable episode.

I liked Mime World. I would probably got there if this was a real place. I also loved the petting zoo, and how much Alex loves petting zoos. Xd Petting zoos rock.

I also liked the mine boxes and mime bondage rope. I also like how it wasn't explained how this even worked other than Jazz Hands just being extraordinarily good at mime. Hilarious TS logic right there.

Sam was cute as Miss Spirit Fingers even though she sucked at mime. XD I don't blame Jazz Hands for wanting to shack up with her. XD

I think I'm out of comments now. Only downside was no Mandy, a22.gif but still great episode.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mezoroth
post May 18 2010, 08:53 PM
Post #2

Dangerously close to doing "The Voice"
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 15
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Them Luxe Cousins, or Mandy and Yvette lol
Favorite Anime: Geass, Bamboo Blades, Sailah Moonz
Favorite Manga: Hajime Ippo, Bamboo Blades
Favorite Comic: Empowered, Deadpool & Cable, Dylan Dog
Favorite Book: Zombie Survival Guide
Favorite Game: GTA, SF, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon, Yakuzas

Yeah, as I mentioned in the previous talkback the epic of the middle episode kinda takes away from the finishing one. There are still some good points to it as Syxx mentioned, just hard to top the SCA brawl and star-spangled Mindy.
Hope you enjoyed the story arc continuity approach, cuz its one shot business as usual here on out.

GOT IT COACH
Retsupurae
Arrange Stream (japanese)

Head Abbot of the Shrine of Princess Kimball since 2006
GASP! A character sketch for me?! Thanks Marathon! :3

The first step is admitting you have a problem...come obsess with me ;_;

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post May 18 2010, 11:30 PM
Post #3

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Mezoroth @ May 18 2010, 09:53 PM) *
Yeah, as I mentioned in the previous talkback the epic of the middle episode kinda takes away from the finishing one. There are still some good points to it as Syxx mentioned, just hard to top the SCA brawl and star-spangled Mindy.
Hope you enjoyed the story arc continuity approach, cuz its one shot business as usual here on out.

Actually, I relaly liked this episode. As a stand alone episode it's great. Maybe not as the end to dramatic three parter, but I did enjoy it, and it was definitley fun. The TS style three-parter or even two-parter seems to be to make certain episodes connected, but still able to stand on their own. That's kind of demonstrated by the fact each episode has a completley different sub-plot (this time it's Jerry's hair-tonic). So it's almost like three mini-arcs connected. Kind of different I guess, but I like them. Would still like to see the all-balls-out three parter at some point, though.

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Aug 9 2010, 11:13 AM
Post #4

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

Jazz Hands...I don't know why but he's probably one of my favorite male TS villains. His mime obsession always amused me, how he wanted to turn everyone into Mimes. And how Sam, Clover, and Alex had to deal with that in his original appearance. His ability to make invisible walls around people cracked me up because it didn't really make any sense. When his sentence was up in Evil Sushi Chef and he said he wanted to put his life of evil miming far behind, I actually thought there was a chance he would. It would have been an interesting twist, especially if they kept the "Operation: Secret Partnership" and stuff...spying on him but it turned out he really did give up evil. Then again, Totally Spies doesn't seem like the kind of show to have a villain switch sides. Either way, Mime World actually looked kinda cool, and hey, I can dig a guy who isn't afraid to wear make-up (there are exceptions to that of course!)

So...to be honest, I was a bit disappointed when after his plans failed he just went to "capture the girl" and escape. Pretty much the most cliche thing a male villain can do. On the other hand, Sam kind of was leading him on in a sense..."You are a misunderstood genius!" "I'm your biggest fan!" "For me, it was an overbearing sense of duty to serve the greatest mime in the world!" And dressing like a cute mime girl didn't help, because it was pretty obvious Jazz Hands is obsessed with mimes. I mean...she was lying, and there's never an excuse to kidnap somebody...but I don't know. I just know I liked how Sam ended up beating him with the rose he gave her, "Keep your Jazz Hands to yourself!" Love the puns in this show.

One more thing I'd like to mention. When Clover and Alex find out that Jazz Hands' machine turns people into "militant mimes" (that's awesome by the way) Clover says something like, "No one deserves to be mimed! Well, except Mandy."

Is it just me, or does Clover randomly mention Mandy A LOT? It's like she's obsessed or something, she always seems to be thinking about her, even when they are spying and fighting bad guys. And hey, maybe she wants to see what Mandy looks like as a Mime. She only complained about Miss Spirit Fingers name, not her appearance. Sometimes I think Clover's boy-obsession is to hide something. Like she feels insecure about it and goes out with as many boys as possible to try and cover it from others and herself. Just an idea...

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Aug 9 2010, 05:11 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Is it just me, or does Clover randomly mention Mandy A LOT? It's like she's obsessed or something, she always seems to be thinking about her, even when they are spying and fighting bad guys. And hey, maybe she wants to see what Mandy looks like as a Mime. She only complained about Miss Spirit Fingers name, not her appearance. Sometimes I think Clover's boy-obsession is to hide something. Like she feels insecure about it and goes out with as many boys as possible to try and cover it from others and herself. Just an idea...

There was also a line a few episodes ago in a non-Mandy episode from Alex about how tight Mandy's new jeans were. XD

That's an interesting idea. I kinda used it before in a fanfic for Mandy. I don't know if I would do that again though, because I think it requires too much suspension of belief. For Clover, I think she deifnitely likes guys A LOT. One thing, certain people kind of discount in this show though (and all cartoons) is the possibility of playing both sides of the field. I could definitely see Clover's super libido extending beyond her own gender. xd

People also love playing up the sexual tension inherent in the rival vs. archrival characters dynamics, so slashing them is very easy. I kinda lost ineterst in this pairing though due to Samandy, which I'm obviously obssessed with. XD

And last night I was watching an anime where the archrivalry thing definitely took on a very yuri conotation at least from the "bad-girl's" point of view with Lady Topaz in Detatoko Princess. Just freaking awesome and hilarious. I wish they would translate the manga too. O__O

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Aug 10 2010, 11:03 AM
Post #6

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

It was Alex that said that? Guess she's got Mandy on the brain too.
Earlier in the season Clover makes a comment about Mandy's grip as well. She's referencing Mandy at a shoe sale, but she didn't specify what Mandy was using that grip on.

My idea would be that Clover sort of likes Mandy, but thinks Mandy hates her so she takes that frustration out by dating as many boys as possible, so that Mandy would be jealous or something (not of Clover, of the boys she was going out with...) I don't know, I'm probably looking into this too much. They do have a lot in common though...but on the other hand...that's the problem, they have TOO much in common, and that's the main reason why they argue and compete so much (not so much in Season 5 though)...whereas Sam and Mandy are almost opposites, but still have some similarities. There is a lot more evidence for Sam x Mandy then Clover x Mandy, but I still like both ideas...

I want to do something with this idea though, maybe a picture? I'm not good at writing stories...
Maybe some other time.

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Sep 9 2010, 08:03 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Another thing I thought was interesting aobut this episode is that I'm pretty sure this was the first the X-Powders were portrayed as having a vibrate setting. lol

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post Sep 11 2010, 04:19 AM
Post #8

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

You know, I JUST noticed that when watching it yesterday. Made me chuckle.

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Sep 11 2010, 09:33 AM
Post #9

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

The first time I saw this episode I thought it was my cellphone vibrating...lol. Same with the episode when something else vibrates before Jerry calls them...I think it was a framed photo in their Penthouse? It's just such a distinct and particular sound. Reminds me that my dog barks whenever there's a door bell sound on TV...

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Angie
post May 24 2011, 04:30 AM
Post #10

Lackey

Member No.: 281
Favorite Character:

Jazz's crush on Sam was cute, but he doesn't deserve her as his Queen.

+Quote Post
Angie
post May 24 2011, 04:30 AM
Post #11

Lackey

Member No.: 281
Favorite Character:

Jazz's crush on Sam was cute, but he doesn't deserve her as his Queen.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 09:43 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.