Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

Time for a new talkback.

Things I Liked

Umm, this episode was prettty average leaning towards "blah." So I can't think of much.

Liked Alex adopting another chibized animal. Very cute. I guess Alex's love for cute animals is pretty much part of her character now.

Also liked Alex's bad driving being applied to to those jet-skates or whatever they were. XD

Having a can of dolphin friendly tuna as a school mascot was somewhat witty.

Things I Disliked

Again very boring and very average episode. It was definitley lacking that extra x-factor that makes better Totally Spies episodes enjoyable.

The villain was also really lame and somewhat irritating. School rivalry is also a weak backstory for a super villain. I guess they were trying to make the plot more college-centric, but still it was pretty weak.

Yuri Moments

At the mascot winner ceremony Sam was sitting next to Mandy! Yes. XDD a61.gif heart1.gif a62.gif Also like how it was made to seem normal. Bad point is tht Mandy had no dialogue in this episode, but appearing on screen is better than nothing I guess.

There was some moment where Sam took Alex's hand and Clover was almost massaging her shoulders before a group hug. I probably watch for this stuff too closely. XD

Other Fanservice Stuff

The bondage wraps that continue to get tighter was definitley fanservicey.

Alex was forced to do toe scratching. This is the second time this has appeared in this season. XD

If Clover really is dating Blaine in a long-distance relationship, he's probalby be cheated on aproximately 7,648 times by now.

References

I thought maybe Room 416 was some kind of reference, but I can't recall anything using that right now.

The seagull costume is kind of reminiscent of the Vulture from Spiderman.

Overa All

Very boing episode. This was like a lame Arnold-centric episode with a douchier Anrold or something. It was coming off of some pretty great episodes though, but I guess all of them can't be winners.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Black Fatima
post May 19 2010, 08:52 PM
Post #2

Am I any less important?
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: N/A
Favorite Anime: Sailor Moon
Favorite Manga: Sailor Moon
Favorite Comic: N/A
Favorite Movie: To Kill A Mocking Bird
Favorite Book: To Kill A Mocking Bird
Favorite Musician(s): Too many to name.
Favorite Album: N/A
Favorite Game: Tomb Raider

I didn't like the villian's voice or laughter. >< That was something that I could have done without. But other than that it was a good episode. ^^

MASQUERADE.

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post May 19 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #3

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

I though Alex was extra cute in the mermaid outfit

+Quote Post
MikeV3jz
post May 20 2010, 04:45 AM
Post #4

RERORERORERO

Member No.: 67
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: Gundam Wing
Favorite Manga: Initial D
Favorite Movie: Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift
Favorite Book: magazines
Favorite Musician(s): Passion Pit
Favorite Album: all passion pit albums
Favorite Game: Spyro the dragon

QUOTE (GrandMasterGalvatron @ May 19 2010, 05:58 PM) *
I though Alex was extra cute in the mermaid outfit

+1 on that laugh.gif

I found this episode kind of boring as well and the villian was kind of eh,I really didnt like the plot either

+Quote Post
SpyHunter29
post Aug 5 2010, 05:14 PM
Post #5

Lackey

Member No.: 119
Favorite Character:

Okay, I don't think I could watch this episode anymore. Mainly because Mali-U's a collective D-bag for changing their mascot into something no sane college would ever choose - and without giving any warning! Politically correct my pants!!

I don't have a screenshot for it, but that phone number Clover slapped on the one boy's forehead was a French number instead of American. They both have the same number of digits (10) but are grouped differently (0#-##-##-##-## vs. ###-###-####).

And have you ever looked at the logo for Riptide University? ONOZ RED FALCON!!

QUOTE (Catherine)
I have neither Catherine nor the boyfriend. The man of the favor is a person who likes DDR. The man with the tightened body is very sexy."

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Aug 5 2010, 05:47 PM
Post #6

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

QUOTE (SpyHunter29 @ Aug 5 2010, 06:14 PM) *
Okay, I don't think I could watch this episode anymore. Mainly because Mali-U's a collective D-bag for changing their mascot into something no sane college would ever choose - and without giving any warning! Politically correct my pants!!

That was literally the only thing good with the episode. TS is like an extreme parody of the vapidness of certain people. Of course their mascot would be a can of dolphin safe tuna. Making fun of that kind of shallow political correctness in the elite was hilarious. I was more annoyed by the other political correctness that reared its head for no reason. Like Sam having to break the 4th wall to explain the "clip his wings" comment. Or having to explain why they were hurting the cat's hearing to help them escape thing. Then why not just write it in another way that didn't require in dialogue explanation? This episode definitely had an extremely weak script, especially compared to other episodes in Season 5 (except for maybe Totally Dunzo Part II).

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Aug 6 2010, 10:44 AM
Post #7

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

The villain in this episode was totally lame, totally annoying, and the way he got away from the Spies in his basement was downright embarrassing. Still not my least favorite Totally Spies villain though.

The "Dolphin-safe can of tuna" mascot outfit was amusing, and it did help beat the villain, but I really wanted to see Alex in that mermaid outfit (well, I mean, we did see her in that outfit in the video)...But gosh, the Dean sure is a troll, having a girl wearing the mermaid mascot outfit during the ceremony then giving Alex that tuna can outfit.

Speaking of the ceremony, I really liked how Mandy and Mindy were sitting right by Sam, Clover, and Alex and actually seemed slightly interested in what was going on. I guess they wanted to see Alex dressed like a Mermaid. Mindy even looks happy. And yeah, Mandy sitting that close to Sam was interesting. And gosh, Mandy and Mindy passed up a prime opportunity to mock Alex's tuna can costume. As if Mandy would miss out on an opportunity to make fun of them!

I thought the sand castles were entertaining. A sphinx, a spiral tower, and some others I can't recall.

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
SpykyTurtle318
post May 8 2015, 05:32 AM
Post #8

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 883
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: Totally Spies!
Favorite Game: Monopoly

Dean Franklin (about Alex):"Due to her great submission, she's been chosen to be your new mascot!"

Alex with long hair looks odd. Stranger than that was Mandy and Mindy. . . I thought they looked rather lifeless and stiff--definitely not normal. Why are they even sitting with "those losers" Sam, Clover, and Alex? tongue.gif

SpykyTurtle318

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 07:57 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.