Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

Time for a new talkback!

Things I LIked

I really enjoyed this episode. Loved Milton the over the top Theater 101 Professor. Also loved the device that changed different characters into characters from his play who can only repeat one line over and over again. XDD

Mandy makes the hottest astronaut ever! heart1.gif heart1.gif heart1.gif I would definitley want to explore the final frontier with her. devil.gif

Liked the out of control train scene. Those always work, I don't know why. XD

Things I Didn't Like

I can't really think of much. I liked this episode. Only criticism I can think of was that it was slightly derivative of "Totally Switched," but it was different enough that I don't really care.

Yuri Moments

Love the scene with Mandy and Mindy falling asleep with their heads resting on top of eachother. Awwwwwwww. heart1.gif z03.gif

Half way decent dog pile on Jerry's couch. Better than most the dissapointing ones this season. XD

There was scene at the end where it looked like Sam was poking Alex's boobage. XD

I liked all the talk about Sam and Alex going to the beach alone. Yes, I have a one track mind.

Clover's Sex In the City

Clover was trying to shack up with her professor. XD Just great.

Clover's earler bf was dumb as a caveman and seemingly couldn't even produce words. Also funny.

Other Fanservice/Shipping Stuff

Mindy's french maid outfit was definitely fetishitic. I wouldn't mind hiring her to do some dusting and polsihing. a11.gif

One of them mentions the "three S's" that wears them out. That immediately made my mind go some place. XD I think this was between just Alex and Sam as they were coming back from the beach, so this could also be a yuri moment. XD

Jerry wanting to hook up with them on their trip back to the beach was also hilarious. Seeing Jerry in his UK flag swim trunks I'm sure was exciting for a small segment of his fans. XD

Weird/Disturbing Stuff

Even Alex didn't escape the brain wipe this time. It's pretty disrubing. I feel sorry for Mandy, she's probalby had her brain wiped ten times by now. lol

References

Jerry repeatedly appearing as a statue I think may be a reference to Get Smart.

The poster for Pulp Fiction appeared again.

I also saw a poster for "The Rat Pack" in Milton's office. I'm guessing its the one with Cory Haim maybe as opposed to Sinatra's Rat Pack. I dunno. O__O

The final frontier thing Mandy was shouting definitely seemed like a throwback to Star Trek.

Milton's name made me recall Milton, the poet and author, but this probalby wasn't an actual reference since he wasn't a playwright as far as I know.

Over All

Loved the episode! That's all I ahve to say. lol

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post May 21 2010, 08:18 PM
Post #2

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

Surprised you didn't pick up on the one line about exposure that Clover made. XD

I think I missed this one due to various shenanigans. I'll have to watch again, and maybe do the running commentary again.

Also Mindy in the maid outfit is all kinds of win. It's almost like she's Ms. Fanservice for this season. Now if only she'd cosplay as Cammy for a while XD

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post May 21 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #3

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:

Surprised you didn't pick up on the one line about exposure that Clover made. XD

Hmm, you may be right. Dang, I let one get by me. lol

Also Mindy in the maid outfit is all kinds of win. It's almost like she's Ms. Fanservice for this season. Now if only she'd cosplay as Cammy for a while XD

That would be good with Mandy as Chun-Li of course. XD Mandy and Mindy could also do Morrigan and Lilith for even more win.

+Quote Post
GrandMasterGalva...
post May 22 2010, 03:11 AM
Post #4

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ May 21 2010, 04:37 PM) *
That would be good with Mandy as Chun-Li of course. XD Mandy and Mindy could also do Morrigan and Lilith for even more win.

Mandy does not have the chest or the thighs to do a decent Chun-Li cosplay XD

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post May 22 2010, 05:01 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (GrandMasterGalvatron @ May 22 2010, 04:11 AM) *
QUOTE (J-Syxx @ May 21 2010, 04:37 PM) *

Mandy does not have the chest or the thighs to do a decent Chun-Li cosplay XD

Lies! Mandy's body is perfect. She has the chest and thighs for anything. soldier.gifa62.gifsoldier.gif

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post May 22 2010, 10:24 PM
Post #6

The Spetacular Resident Forum Bishounen Physicist
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 11
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Yuri count as a favorite pairing too, right?
Favorite Anime: Too many to list...
Favorite Manga: Yet again, too many to list...
Favorite Movie: Can't accurately count them...
Favorite Book: Sein und Zeit, Metaphysik, Summa Theologiae
Favorite Musician(s): Beethoven, Richard Wagner, Anton Bruckner
Favorite Game: Desurete, Bandori, BGHS, and Kancolle

Frankly I am not that exigent. I think Totally Spies seems to show many attractive and interesting contents. Perhaps Marathon could give more details to villains and their plans.

The unique complain is that TS still lacks in romance. Of course I am not necessarily talking about yuri. It would be nice to see Sam or Alex getting a boyfriend and having a proper relationship. Marathon could even go further, exploring more the personality of the characters in the show. I know this is not really the purpose of the series but... oh well... maybe I am now being exigent.

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post May 22 2010, 11:31 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Nessiah @ May 22 2010, 10:24 PM) *
Frankly I am not that exigent. I think Totally Spies seems to show many attractive and interesting contents. Perhaps Marathon could give more details to villains and their plans.

The unique complain is that TS still lacks in romance. Of course I am not necessarily talking about yuri. It would be nice to see Sam or Alex getting a boyfriend and having a proper relationship. Marathon could even go further, exploring more the personality of the characters in the show. I know this is not really the purpose of the series but... oh well... maybe I am now being exigent.

Not that I have anything against characters in my shows having bfs, but TS to me works because of the "girl power" aesthetic. If you add males to predominately into it, it messes up that girly aesthetic, and it isn't the same show anymore. I kinda think that's part of the reason why yuri is popular in TS shipping.

+Quote Post
Trillium
post May 23 2010, 12:54 AM
Post #8

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Milly x Kallen.
Favorite Anime: Noein
Favorite Musician(s): Fiat Lux, Jesper Kyd, Thomas Dolby
Favorite Album: Astronauts and Heretics.
Favorite Game: GTA: Vice City

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ May 22 2010, 07:31 PM) *

Not that I have anything against characters in my shows having bfs, but TS to me works because of the "girl power" aesthetic. If you add males to predominately into it, it messes up that girly aesthetic, and it isn't the same show anymore. I kinda think that's part of the reason why yuri is popular in TS shipping.

Plus, one of the things I hate most about some "girl power" shows is their constant belief that in order for our female cast to be happy, they all need a boyfriend, and as a result, these boys suck and pretty much exist as eye candy, and to resort to that super fun idea that girls can not be happy unless they are in a relationship (see Flora and Helia for a good example of this). Can't we have one show where the girls stay single, strong and happy the whole time? I know "Powerpuff Girls" fits, but there's a part of me that thinks they did that because five year olds and romance don't mix without becoming creepy.

Yeah, that's a rainbow unicorn. Big Woop. Wanna fight about it? My blog (which yeah, still has free music). But no rainbow unicorns. We need to fix that.

+Quote Post
Kira Yamato
post May 23 2010, 01:46 AM
Post #9

The Spetacular Resident Forum Bishounen Physicist
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 11
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Yuri count as a favorite pairing too, right?
Favorite Anime: Too many to list...
Favorite Manga: Yet again, too many to list...
Favorite Movie: Can't accurately count them...
Favorite Book: Sein und Zeit, Metaphysik, Summa Theologiae
Favorite Musician(s): Beethoven, Richard Wagner, Anton Bruckner
Favorite Game: Desurete, Bandori, BGHS, and Kancolle

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ May 22 2010, 11:31 PM) *

Sheesh... it was just a thought. tongue.gif Perhaps my suggestion is not adequate because Totally Spies is not a show intended to have strong connections with reality. Therefore it may be pointless trying to develop the personality of the characters, that is giving them a link to the real world.

Another problem is that some authors think that the male characters should have well defined behavior. Why does this mean ? It means that they will be like shonen or shoujo males. Indeed both classes usually lead to characters who have "artificial" feelings.

QUOTE (Trillium @ May 23 2010, 12:54 AM) *
Plus, one of the things I hate most about some "girl power" shows is their constant belief that in order for our female cast to be happy, they all need a boyfriend, and as a result, these boys suck and pretty much exist as eye candy, and to resort to that super fun idea that girls can not be happy unless they are in a relationship (see Flora and Helia for a good example of this). Can't we have one show where the girls stay single, strong and happy the whole time? I know "Powerpuff Girls" fits, but there's a part of me that thinks they did that because five year olds and romance don't mix without becoming creepy.

Well... this is just a matter that some authors lack on creativity to make characters without appealing to stereotypes. Indded this falls into my previous argument. Authors usually choose to create either stupid males or sensible ones. They do not give them a behavior which mix both patterns (among others). Therefore it seems pretty obvious to me that most males shall be idealized constructs. XD

+Quote Post
SpykyTurtle318
post May 8 2015, 06:07 AM
Post #10

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 883
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: Totally Spies!
Favorite Game: Monopoly

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ May 21 2010, 03:37 PM) *

Hmm, you may be right. Dang, I let one get by me. lol

a60.gif: "Hey, look! An announcement for a new theatre class at Mali-U! I bet the artsy-sensitive guys will be all over it! I'd better sign up for this right away. I can't wait to be exposed to an entirely new class of guys. Ciao!"

SpykyTurtle318

+Quote Post
KatiraMoon
post May 9 2015, 01:56 AM
Post #11

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 29
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Mandy/Alex
Favorite Musician(s): Lady Gaga, One Republic, Sia.
Favorite Game: Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim.

"It is mankind's destiny to explore space!" mandygif.gif

Mandy was hilarious in this episode.

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
SpykyTurtle318
post May 27 2015, 03:27 PM
Post #12

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 883
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: Totally Spies!
Favorite Game: Monopoly

QUOTE (angelickitty89 @ May 8 2015, 08:56 PM) *
"It is mankind's destiny to explore space!" mandygif.gif

Mandy was hilarious in this episode.

mandygif.gif "Space: The Final Frontier!"

SpykyTurtle318

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 09:45 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.