Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

I'll be doing the talkbacks for this week.

This episode was definitely in my top 5 for the season. Senor Starchy is also in my top 5 villains for the season as well. Pretty classy and really skilled to boot. I mean come on, the dude rolls around in mexican pimp wear XD

The episode also did good to play on the hypocritical nature that bot Sam and Clover seem to have (haven't seen it much from Alex). Also there's the return of Dean, and the usual all girls swooning over him bit (Syxx is gonna hate that). Once again, Clover forgets she has a bf elsewhere. I wonder if she'd be into polygamy XD

Another thing I liked was how Clover was such a jerk, that even the robot caught a complex with her.

More later, gotta bail for now. Discuss away!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post May 24 2010, 08:21 PM
Post #2

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Game: Senran Kagura

Ok, I'm gonna do a talkback. Watched this on a pretty old tv in 480i, so not as great as if I was home. Still liked this episode though. A few comments though before a repost my pretty exhaustive commentary from the old forum:

Things I Liked

Really loved the whole plot with Clover's ego going out of control and Sam and Alex getting really pissed about it. Just fantastic. XD

Also I relaly found Senor Startchy to be a humorous villain. This episode also had some pretty good action sequences.

Things I Didn't Like

Senor Startchy didn't really have a background. Most villains have some kind of beef at least. This was left unexplained.

Dean appeared. And Clover, Alex, and Sam still apparently want to jump him and tear his clothes off. I still don't like him though. XD

Yuri Moments

Biggest yuri moment in this thing was definitely Clover getting rub downs from Virtualoso. XD Also later Sam seemed really excited about Clover sharing Virtualso with her and Alex. XD I would like to see Virtualoso come back if they do a new season. XD

Clover's Sex in the City

Clover's office (that has a hot tub!) being connected directly to Jerry's office was pretty fucking insane. This was even put over more by the fact she walked into Jerry's office in only a towel and sat on his desk. XD

Other Shipping Things

Obviously more Dean vs. Spies junk, but that's a given.

Other Fanservice Stuff

Senor Startchy's "starch" that shot out from his wrists definitely resembled sperm, and this fact was played up by the animators over and over again. XD

When Alex gets pissed of while talking to Clover while she's in the hover-limo, it looks like she's having some fun with both her breasts and her hands. XD

References

Senor Startchy's starch shooters were definitely taken from Spider-Man's web shooters.

The WOOHP annual picnic taking place in the Zoo continued canon from Season 2.

Overall

Felt this was a pretty great episode. Maybe a few tiny flaws, but still it was very entertaining and had a amusing b-plot with Clover's ego going out of control.

And for even more observations, here's my commentary from last year:

Running Commentary from August 15 2009, 10:21 PM

Ok, gonna watch this episode now. Skipping ahead a bit, because I think there may be some content here for my new Clover video. XD Anyways, here is my running commentary:

Senor Starchy icing a cat for no reason = funny.

His starch shooter is an obvious Spider-Man reference.

The starch was an familiar color and consistency. lol

So I'm guessing the annual picnic is always at the zoo? Well at least they're acknowledging Season 2 again.

Sam's top is kinda sexy with how its cut. Alex's is tomboy-rific.

Dean. Yeah I knew he was in this episode, but I still hate the fucker.

I like how Sam and Clover locked hands after seeing him though. lol

And they're still all over him. God I wrote that fanfic chapter exactly like that before this even came out.

I like the anime/robot girl. She reminds me of that chick from that kid's show though. xD

Clover winning the award was kinda lame. lol

Ok, so Clover is getting a female robot slave. This episode just got more interesting. XD

I don't understand why the animals in the Beverly Hills Zoo are robotic now, but ok.

Enter arrogant Clover versus jealous Sam and Alex subplot. lol

The crazy robot gorilla is kinda creepy.

LOL at Clover not letting Sam and Alex use the hover-limo. So bitchy. XD I love the episodes where she is absolutely intolerable.

LOL at Alex and Sam riding the bus in noir gangster garb. XD

LOL at the gum stuck to Alex's ass.

The Al nickname appears again.

Yes, Clover is a total bitch.

Looks like Alex is grabbing her breasts when she's angry. lol

Alex to Clover - "Get off your buff-duff and get movin!" Wow.

Two of the boys in overalls Clover signs an autograph for are from an older episode. Don't remember which one though. Could possibly be Aliens or Spies on the Farm.

Awesome at Alex calling Clover a flake.

Bobo isn't the only one who would have munchies for you. XD

LOL at the strange banana Alex chibi.

Alex - "Ok, its officially time to give this egg the slip." What?

Still like them firing the lasso from their crotches. XD

Senor Starch is officially my new favorite villain. XD "Olay! Olay! Adios!" His weapons are also reminiscent of b-rate Spider-Man villains.

Alex - "Doesn't she know how hard it is to transport a fake-ape on a city bus!" XD

Yes, Clover telling the robot where to massage her was great. It also appears she's getting massaged on her ass. XDDD

Wow, holy shit, that shot makes it look like Clover is nude while she's getting the massage. Animators were definitely having fun. XD

Nice, Clover is talking to them in a towel. Love it. xd

Chibi-fighting in a towel; Clover sitting on Jerry's desk in a towel. XD

And wow at Clover's legs on Jerry's desk in the towel. Haha, how could that not be fan-service?

Too bad you can't see anything when Clover is falling down the WOOHP tunnel. xd

Fuck you Dean!

Ok, now that "starch" just looks like splooge. XD

Clover - "This guy is really miffing me!" LOL

Wow, even an android got annoyed by Clover's bitchyness.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the first time something that looks like that has been squirted at Clover's mouth. God I love the people who make this show. They have no shame. XD

It sounded like Sam was going to call Clover a bitch, but she called her a "big meany-head" instead. lol

If I knew about the "Black-Hole Bucket Transporter" I may have not made Ginsu Automatic Worm-Hole Dispenser (or GAWD for shot) for my fic, but oh well. I'm not even using this season as canon. XD Its not like they haven't had a thousand gadgets with the same function anyways. If I was really insane, I would think they copied this from me, but I'm not quite that crazy yet. XD

Clover still has cum on her mouth. Definitely using this episode for clips. XD

So Clover is pretty much in body-sauna with splooge on her lips. Xd

LOL at Sam and Alex teasing Clover about not freeing her. Awesome.

Probably not the first time Clover has had such a huge bukake. XD

LOL at Clover's hair. Again they always transform her to make her look stupid. XD

Senor Starchy - "This looks as good a place as any to start starching up this limp world for good." lol

Senor Starchy - "I guess I just wasn't firm enough with you."

Probably a decent boob shot there when Alex almost falls down the chasm.

Helicopter pilot - "Mmm... Marshmellowy." lol

Wow a pole-vault made out of dried splooge.

Senor Starchy - "What wrong? The competition too stiff for you?" XD

And now he's shooting it from his crotch. Jesus christ.

LOL, dried splooge sword.

And he lost by buakakeing himself. lol

LOl at Clover getting hurt by the high-five.

Sam - "Lets just say you put the "ick" in WOOHP-tastic."

Sam - "Throw in your assistant and we have a deal." Alex - "Totally! After that mission I could so use a massage." Yes, yuri robot sex orgy coming up. Don't disappoint me Marathon. xD

Instead they try to gang rape Dean in a hot-tub. Booooooooooooooo! He also tries to escape, OOC but even more annoying.

The shot of them hugging wet is cute. lol

Overall:

Very good episode I think. Every time SCA get pissed at each other it makes for an interesting plot. Also throw in a funny badguy, anime robot-girl, some fanservice, and a lot of sexual innuendo and you get an interesting episode. Only bad point was Dean, who I wish would fucking die. This episode would've been perfect if it had Mandy or Britney or someone else instead.

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post May 24 2010, 08:23 PM
Post #3

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Yeah, I was supposed to let you do them this week, but I was able to watch it today anyways. I'll go ahead and merge the two threads now. XD

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Aug 10 2010, 10:48 AM
Post #4

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

First of all, Dean is incredibly bland and generic, that voice isn't doing him any favors. It's a bit odd to see the Spies obsessing over such a plain looking guy. I mean, he's not bad looking, he's just really ordinary looking.

Second of all, Senior Starchy is shooting out starch. My guess is that since he has two compartments on his back, on is for dry starch and the other contains something like hot water. When he tries to be Spider-Man, the two mix and fire out a sticky yellow (note: yellow) starchy substance that makes thing stiff. Pretty much what starch does to clothing, only turned into a bizarre weapon. I think you are taking the "subtext" thing a little too far in this situation J-Syxx...

Third...that outfit Clover wore to the WOOHP picnic looks familiar...

It's the outfit she picked for Tara! z25.png Notice how Clover's skirt appears to be shorter. Either she's a little taller, or she had it customized, in a way that's not surprising of her.

Fourth...I really like Virtualoso. It's a shame she only got to be in one episode, and the last we saw of her was getting starched. They don't even bother to show her get out. Anti-robot bias rears it's ugly head. Fortunately, Sam mentions her implying that she is fine. A cute android girl that's good at massaging girls is quite interesting. Clover lost her office thanks to Dean, but what about her other WOOHP-tastic perks? No one mentioned her losing those! She should still have that limo, and her personal android servant Virtualoso. There wasn't many episodes left in the season, they could have kept her and the limo for the last few episodes. It would have been an interesting twist if you ask me.

Finally...I love Virtualoso's face when Clover is being a super diva. (why isn't there a "Favorite" icon for Virtualoso yet!?)
Attached Image

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Aug 10 2010, 04:20 PM
Post #5

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

When he tries to be Spider-Man, the two mix and fire out a sticky yellow (note: yellow) starchy substance that makes thing stiff. Pretty much what starch does to clothing, only turned into a bizarre weapon. I think you are taking the "subtext" thing a little too far in this situation J-Syxx...

Well, I really have to disagree again. I mean a little bit of it was shot at Clover's mouth and stayed there for several minutes. XD I'm not the one who animated that. I'm just pointing it out. It's also slightly yellowish white, not really straight up yellow. Maybe the person who wrote this script had a different idea, but when the animators got it they definitely went to town with it. This is also a TS trope. Materials that looked like *insert bodily substance* have been exploited in at least in 4 or so other epiosdes. Definitely not for this much in an episode though. I was half surprised this even aired on tv.

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Aug 12 2010, 10:20 AM
Post #6

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Well, I'd prefer not to think about it that way because I thought Senor Starchy (I actually wrote Senior Starchy earlier, lol) had some pretty creative tricks. Near the end...he turned a bungee belt cord into a pole vault, leaves into throwing stars, and his tie into a sword! Thinking of his starch being...something else, makes the whole thing totally awkward. Then again, your idea makes Starchy's defeat much more amusing, a bit gross, but amusing. I'd rather not talk about it anymore, but hey, I see it one way, and you see it another. That's fine! Is that agreeing to disagree or am I confused?

Anyway, on another subject...about that chibi fight scene...notice the angle that Alex's got...

I wonder what's she looking at...

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Aug 12 2010, 04:49 PM
Post #7

Queen Bee III
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Aug 12 2010, 05:20 AM) *
Well, I'd prefer not to think about it that way because I thought Senor Starchy (I actually wrote Senior Starchy earlier, lol) had some pretty creative tricks. Near the end...he turned a bungee belt cord into a pole vault, leaves into throwing stars, and his tie into a sword! Thinking of his starch being...something else, makes the whole thing totally awkward. Then again, your idea makes Starchy's defeat much more amusing, a bit gross, but amusing. I'd rather not talk about it anymore, but hey, I see it one way, and you see it another. That's fine! Is that agreeing to disagree or am I confused?

Anyway, on another subject...about that chibi fight scene...notice the angle that Alex's got...

I wonder what's she looking at...

I'm not saying that it wasn't actually some kind of startch based compound as far as "canon" goes. All I'm saying is that it was portrayed in the artwork in a completley super suggestive fashion. Think of it like a double entendre or something. XD It wouldn't really be my preference to view it as a big burkake fest, but it's obvious the animators were having a lot of fun with it. Just my obseveation. Don't blame me. XD

Over all, this was one of the most suggestive TS episodes ever. Clover sitting on Jerry's desk in a towel was like a 10.5 on the holy shit did I just see that metere as well. XD She has really good legs too. O__O Don't tell Mandy I said that. XD And nice observation with the screenshot!

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Aug 13 2010, 10:49 AM
Post #8

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

Yeah, okay, I guess I sort of misinterpreted what you were saying.

And Clover in a towel, gosh...she's so...bold.

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
SpykyTurtle318
post May 9 2015, 05:40 AM
Post #9

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 883
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: Totally Spies!
Favorite Game: Monopoly

QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Aug 13 2010, 05:49 AM) *
Yeah, okay, I guess I sort of misinterpreted what you were saying.

And Clover in a towel, gosh...she's so...bold.

Jerry's smile. XD

Idk why I thought this was funny, but Sam's line: "You know we don't like to drag you into our girl fights, Jerr..." See, he's just way too old for them and not their type. tongue.gif

Peesonally, I like Dean. I like the idea of a male WOOHP spy that they all fall in love with, and every recurrence adds to that plot. The execution of the idea does leave much to be desired, though; boring voice (no offense to voice actor--it's a pleasant voice, but not what I would expect from a hot guy), a very thin personality (from what I've picked up from him... which isn't much, other than the "there's enough Dean for everyone" line), and boring overall appearance. And yes, Clover apparently has entirely forgotten her "future spouse" Blaine, living oj the other side of the world, but let's be honest, this is Clover we're talking about. tongue.gif But Dean is okay in my book.

SpykyTurtle318

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 12:39 AM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.