Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

A little late because I completely missed the east coast airing.

A pretty average episode, made interesting by Mandy dialing up the bitchiness to 11 and Alex being even dumber than usual. I tell you what though, that villainess was pretty butch, and her voice was really irritating.

In other near things, more maid outfit fanservice, and in a not so neat thing, this is actually Mindy's last appearance in the series. So much wasted potential ;_;
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mezoroth
post May 28 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #2

Dangerously close to doing "The Voice"
Group Icon

Member No.: 15
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Them Luxe Cousins, or Mandy and Yvette lol
Favorite Anime: Geass, Bamboo Blades, Sailah Moonz
Favorite Manga: Hajime Ippo, Bamboo Blades
Favorite Comic: Empowered, Deadpool & Cable, Dylan Dog
Favorite Book: Zombie Survival Guide
Favorite Game: GTA, SF, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon, Yakuzas

I just had a thought: Britney in thaT campus patrol outfit. XD what. you. got.
A damn shame that its Mindys last stand, but she will have a strong role in the Mez verse, for certain.
En Taro Adun, Mindy-kins.

GOT IT COACH
Retsupurae
Arrange Stream (japanese)

Head Abbot of the Shrine of Princess Kimball since 2006
GASP! A character sketch for me?! Thanks Marathon! :3

The first step is admitting you have a problem...come obsess with me ;_;

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jul 7 2010, 08:22 PM
Post #3

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

Yeah, one new thing I noticed was there was some obvious yuri subtext going on here. Mandy and Mindy start bickering like a couple when hologram Alex is ignoring them. Its when Mindy says something about her trying to support her. XD Definitely slashy.

I need to do a commentary on this episode at some point.

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Aug 13 2010, 09:23 AM
Post #4

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

Mandy pretty much wins at life for that.

Funny you should mention the slashiness of Mandy and Mindy in this episode J-Syxx...something I've noticed abut Season 5 that intrigues me. Mandy doesn't show any interest in boys in the entire season!! I remember her always wanting to steal Clover's current boyfriend, or at least, fairly often. None of that at all. Mindy never showed any interest in boys at all. Could THAT be the reason Mandy decided to go to Mali-U to hang out with Mindy?

Also, near the end when Sam and Clover were the volunteer campus patrol (or whatever it was exactly) and they caught Mandy accidentally littering...Clover knew exactly what lipstick was on the can and that Mandy was wearing that exact lipstick!! (opaline orchard shimmer gloss?) I know Clover's good with that kind of stuff, but didn't it seem a little out there for her to know exactly what lipstick Mandy was wearing? Maybe she's tasted it before...

Also, it looks like Mandy's wearing those jeans again...and that same top with the practically bare back...probably my favorite Mandy outfit.

One last thing, I thought it was interesting how Clover caught that girl after the "Sewer Volcano!"
Attached Image

I actually really liked this episode due to all this. Not to mention I kind of liked the "butch" villain, Maid Meredith. Not her goals though, I don't particularly approve of that, "Good, if I have it my way, they'll name a hole in the o-zone after me!"

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Aug 14 2010, 04:48 PM
Post #5

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

Funny you should mention the slashiness of Mandy and Mindy in this episode J-Syxx...something I've noticed abut Season 5 that intrigues me. Mandy doesn't show any interest in boys in the entire season!! I remember her always wanting to steal Clover's current boyfriend, or at least, fairly often. None of that at all. Mindy never showed any interest in boys at all. Could THAT be the reason Mandy decided to go to Mali-U to hang out with Mindy?

Nice observation. XD I really never noticed this. Clover was definitley over every guy, and Sam and Alex had a couple episodes where there were, but never Mandy. Maybe it could just be that Mandy wasn't in a third of the epiosodes (mostly the threeparters). But maybe she's shacking up with Mindy in more ways then one. XD You know some college experimentation fueled by the amount of respect they obviously have for eachother over anyone else.

One last thing, I thought it was interesting how Clover caught that girl after the "Sewer Volcano!"

Great find! XD

And yeah Mandy in a tub in boots has to be the best visual the entire season. a09.gif

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Aug 15 2010, 12:12 PM
Post #6

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

Yeah...I really think that Mandy and Mindy possibly have something going on. Which is curious because they are so similar, whereas Mandy and Clover also have a lot in common but they seem to hate each other, even calling each other arch rivals. Then again, Mindy and Clover are pretty different still, so I guess it's those little things...

Which reminds me, I'm not sure if I made it clear what my comment about Clover knowing exactly what lipstick Mandy was wearing was supposed to mean...
I'll modify a part of one of Katy Perry's songs:
Clover: "I kissed a girl, and I liked it, the taste of her opaline orchard lipstick! I kissed a girl, just to try it, I hope my boyfriend don't mind it!"
(and yes, I can sort of imagine that song applying to Clover if she got a little intimate with another girl...)

QUOTE (J-Syxx)
And yeah Mandy in a tub in boots has to be the best visual the entire season. a09.gif

I actually consider that an understatement! That very image has become one of my favorite things about Totally Spies, and cartoons in general. I would love to see a high-res wallpaper size version with no station logo obscuring the picture at all! It strongly urges me to switch allegiance to Mandy and build a shrine in her honor. I'm really not kidding here, it might be better if I was, but I'm not.

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
SpykyTurtle318
post May 10 2015, 05:02 AM
Post #7

Spy Chic
Group Icon

Member No.: 883
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: Totally Spies!
Favorite Game: Monopoly

Lol. I know you all love Mandy x Mindy, and I'm not saying I don't, but there are also other possible explanations for Mandy not being as much of a jerk/stealing Clover's boyfriends in this season as before. She's not in many episodes, especially ones giving her more than just a few lines. She's older, so maybe she's a li'l more mature. The Mali-U campus is much larger than Beverly High, so I'll bet she and the spies don't run into each other quite as often (though they share a dorm house...) In high school they were unavoidable rivals... now, maybe they just try to avoid each other altogether. Except this ep blows that last theory out of the water, but lol that's what I'm going on so far. And ultimately, she's got Mindy. whistle.gif laugh.gif

BTW, love the pic of Clover catching that woman. XD I noticed it too, but didn't pause it.

SpykyTurtle318

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 09:44 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.