IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Totally Duzno Part 2 Talkback, The big finale!
GrandMasterGalva...
post Jun 1 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #1

This is the end for you!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Britney X Me
Favorite Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Favorite Comic: Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe
Favorite Game: Destiny

Ok, let's cut to the chase. I've been suspending disbelief while watching this show for the longest time, but this finale doesn't make sense even by this show's conventions.

For a show that at least halfway pretends to be realistic, saying that villainy is genetic is a huge stretch. Especially when 90% of the show's villains weren't generally evil people, but got screwed over by *insert person/situation here*

But even with that malarkey, the ultimate solution to global crime is to push a button and all the evil magically goes away...

Seriously, what kind of crack were they smoking when they came up with this?

Irritation aside, the two parter has a very strong starting, and even the final boss battle (which really reeks of a super sonic boss in the Sonic games) was pretty cool. Of course, there is always plus points for Britney being there, and there was a really good shocker with the truth about Jerry's Mom.

I also appreciated using Mandy's and Britney's Season 1/2 themes, and for the team finally owning up to erasing Mandy's memories a million times.

There's also quite a bit of fanservice here as well, with the flashback scene, and the manual applying of the spy suits.

Overall I think for a series finale, it's actually pretty weak. It's like they tried to go out with a bang, but then chickened out in the last moment. I'm still gonna be sore about the flanderization of Blaine, as well as the fact that Clover jumped right on him like she hadn't been with a man since he'd been gone. There's also Mindy absent with no explanation at all.

Oh, and this thing kinda screws up the timing on TAS as well. If they're gonna last more than two seasons, they're gonna have to address the gene thing at some point. Though I'd prefer the whole thing be retconned but w/e.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Jun 1 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #2

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Milly x Kallen.
Favorite Anime: Noein
Favorite Musician(s): Fiat Lux, Jesper Kyd, Thomas Dolby
Favorite Album: Astronauts and Heretics.
Favorite Game: GTA: Vice City

QUOTE (GrandMasterGalvatron @ Jun 1 2010, 04:32 PM) *
But even with that malarkey, the ultimate solution to global crime is to push a button and all the evil magically goes away...

Seriously, what kind of crack were they smoking when they came up with this?

I want to give them points for actually trying to do a proper series finale with an ending rather than just ending it out of nowhere (or getting some sort of "Alf" screwjob) but that ending is BULLSHIT. It's like they wanted to end it, had no idea and went "Durr, let's just eliminate all evil! Than they won't need WOOHP no more!"

Yeah, that's a rainbow unicorn. Big Woop. Wanna fight about it? My blog (which yeah, still has free music). But no rainbow unicorns. We need to fix that.

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jun 1 2010, 10:09 PM
Post #3

Straight from the Underground
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Sam x Mandy
Favorite Anime: Ikkitousen
Favorite Manga: Hayate X Blade
Favorite Movie: Tenebre
Favorite Musician(s): Goblin

Over all

Ignoring the moronic ending, that while TS-esque in it's utter-ridiculousness is still irritating, I didn't like this episode much. Part 1 was much better.

Things that sucked other than the "conclusion"

One thing that I felt sucked is that they have Britney, Blaine, and Dean in the episode and they basically do nothing but get tentacle raped for ten minutes.

I'm also kinda annoyed the Samdyness wasn't apparent in this episode like the last one, and I'm really pissed off they treated her so badly at the end there with Clover even making a crack about wiping her brain all the time. Ugh.

Only good things

Mandy had a decent amount of speaking part in this episode. I'm glad at least she didn't get ignored in this supposed finale.

I found Mandy's crack about the robot being "Mr. Gropey" both funny and pretty freaking edgy even for TS. Thumbs up on that at least.

Jerry's mom was smoking hot in the past. Although that's kinda creepy since she has to be like 90 now. She also resembled Pam strangely.

Most creepy moments

Blaine trying to make out with Clover in the basement. And Blaine calling her Clovey. Ughhh. He does realize she's been fucking behind his back for the past 13 or so episodes, right? I guess he really likes sloppy seconds.

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Jun 2 2010, 07:28 PM
Post #4

License to Skill

Member No.: 18
Favorite Character:
Favorite Anime: Kanon
Favorite Comic: Squee!
Favorite Movie: Spirited Away
Favorite Musician(s): Ayumi Hamasaki, OLIVIA & Namie Amuro
Favorite Game: Pokemon SoulSilver

I pretty much agree with Syxxy on almost everything xD Like, I saw some of part 1, and when I realized that part 2 was the finale, I was SOOO disappointed :S Like, it wasn't a bad episode, but for a finale, it was pretty anti-climatic. They should have had ALL the WOOHP spies do stuff instead of just Sam, Alex, and Clover D: And why did they randomly act so mean to Mandy at the end too?? Like, I don't even like Mandy but it seriously bothered me O_o;

They could've made it sooooo much better lmao...

+Quote Post
Mezoroth
post Jun 3 2010, 01:29 AM
Post #5

Dangerously close to doing "The Voice"
Group Icon

Member No.: 15
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Them Luxe Cousins, or Mandy and Yvette lol
Favorite Anime: Geass, Bamboo Blades, Sailah Moonz
Favorite Manga: Hajime Ippo, Bamboo Blades
Favorite Comic: Empowered, Deadpool & Cable, Dylan Dog
Favorite Book: Zombie Survival Guide
Favorite Game: GTA, SF, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon, Yakuzas

I think between this kinda screw over ending and a spin-off series that's about as far away as possible from what we wanted (granted, it's not Totally Dean or anything, so sigh of relief), I suspect that this was Marathon's attempt at trolling us.

Which I have to admit, I'll tip my hat to it, cuz I do love a good troll. XD

GOT IT COACH
Retsupurae
Arrange Stream (japanese)

Head Abbot of the Shrine of Princess Kimball since 2006
GASP! A character sketch for me?! Thanks Marathon! :3

The first step is admitting you have a problem...come obsess with me ;_;

+Quote Post
deadmanOmega
post Jun 7 2010, 05:57 PM
Post #6

Loser

Member No.: 106
Favorite Character:

Nice season ending episode with most of the main charcters included and some new ones as well like Blaine. Also very sad episode for me. As all good things it must came to an end and we can't have every thing we want. sad.gif

ore tai yo do ko kamen raida braku RX!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBMKnUMaU_4

+Quote Post
CrowSama
post Jul 14 2010, 06:56 PM
Post #7

Love doesn't have to be scary...
Group Icon

Member No.: 75
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Suzuna/Nozomi
Favorite Anime: Naruto, Pokemon, Bakugan
Favorite Manga: Strawberry Panic!
Favorite Comic: Yu+Me= Dream
Favorite Movie: House Bunny, Mean Girls, The Simpsons Movie
Favorite Book: The Host by Stephanie Meyer
Favorite Musician(s): deadmau5
Favorite Game: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

I dislike the fact that they erradicate all evil from the world with a single press of the button. Then there's the fact that Britney, David and the other guy are there and they just stand around when they should be HELPING. WTF are they thinking??
David: *wow Clover is so hot I'm gonna tap that so hard tonight*
Britney: *wow Alex is so hot I'm gonna tap that so hard tonight*
SERIOUSLY YOU LAZY PPL!! YOU HAVE JETPACKS.
Jerry's Mom: MILF*..... *when she was 20
I think the reason Mindy wasn't present is because she would have argued with Mandy against treating the spies nicely, and wrecked that whole "What the hell is Mandy even here???!" element to the finale.

All-in-all, I want a season 6.... An organization figures out how to recreate the evil gene, and makes an organization of evil spies to try and take out whoop.... and mabye a new hot female head of whoop???

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Jul 15 2010, 12:33 AM
Post #8

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (CrowSama @ Jul 14 2010, 02:56 PM) *
All-in-all, I want a season 6.... An organization figures out how to recreate the evil gene

We don't even need to do this. Since TS never followed the formula of episode by episode continuity, they could always just randomly go back to High School and call it "TS: The Lost Missions" or something.

I mean, shit, if you watch The Amazing Spiez they say they go on like, Mission 656. I don't know if that's just code or the 656th mission. If it's the latter, TS scrapped the mission barrel at like, 125 of 650.

Yeah, that's a rainbow unicorn. Big Woop. Wanna fight about it? My blog (which yeah, still has free music). But no rainbow unicorns. We need to fix that.

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jul 15 2010, 06:21 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Trillium @ Jul 15 2010, 12:33 AM) *
QUOTE (CrowSama @ Jul 14 2010, 02:56 PM) *
All-in-all, I want a season 6.... An organization figures out how to recreate the evil gene

We don't even need to do this. Since TS never followed the formula of episode by episode continuity, they could always just randomly go back to High School and call it "TS: The Lost Missions" or something.

I mean, shit, if you watch The Amazing Spiez they say they go on like, Mission 656. I don't know if that's just code or the 656th mission. If it's the latter, TS scrapped the mission barrel at like, 125 of 650.

I don't really know if I want them to do this. I mean having them in high school is great, but we have four seasons of that. Just put those on Bluray and then produce some kind of sequel with the spies + Mandy.

I gotta think if they did a new season like that and just set it during high school again, it would produce so many continuity errors and plot holes, it would be insane.

Maybe they could do another prequel film though. One with Macker the Safe Cracker since their first run in with him has never been animated except via a flashback scene.

+Quote Post
CrowSama
post Jul 15 2010, 01:46 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ Jul 15 2010, 01:21 AM) *
Maybe they could do another prequel film though. One with Macker the Safe Cracker since their first run in with him has never been animated except via a flashback scene.

I agree, another film regardless of the villain would be good, but if they do that I think they should do a series of either 3-4 movies, pre or post. The thing is that I just don't want to see TS die out.... but Amazing Spiez can die. tomorrow. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sammie
post Jul 16 2010, 02:48 PM
Post #11

Jerry's #1 Fangirl!

Member No.: 120
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: SamxJerry
Favorite Anime: Honey and Clover
Favorite Manga: Black Jack
Favorite Comic: Deadpool
Favorite Movie: The King & I
Favorite Book: Les Miserables
Favorite Musician(s): Billy Joel, Spitz, Maroon 5
Favorite Album: Sazanami CD
Favorite Game: Dragon Age

I agree, this episode was a bit sloppy.

My biggest issue is the way the Mandy plot was handled.

The girls shouldn't have taunted her like they did, and they should've apologized and try to make peace with Mandy. What sort of role models are we setting up for the young viewers, am I right?

Not to mention Jerry living with his Mom is muy creepy. Would Season 1/2 Jerry do that? Hell no!

Ridding the world of the evil gene? Evil is a choice and/or the result of the life you lived! It's not genetic! WTF?

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jul 16 2010, 08:19 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Sammie @ Jul 16 2010, 02:48 PM) *
I agree, this episode was a bit sloppy.

My biggest issue is the way the Mandy plot was handled.

The girls shouldn't have taunted her like they did, and they should've apologized and try to make peace with Mandy. What sort of role models are we setting up for the young viewers, am I right?

Not to mention Jerry living with his Mom is muy creepy. Would Season 1/2 Jerry do that? Hell no!

Ridding the world of the evil gene? Evil is a choice and/or the result of the life you lived! It's not genetic! WTF?

The only thing I disagree with you about is Jerry being a major mama's boy. I think that has definitely been canon since Mommies Dearest in Season 2. So that part of it was definitely believable to me. Jerry is a completely eccentric werido, but I think that's one of the things that makes him interesting. lol

And I was kinda annoyed at how Sam bieng worried about Mandy's safety didn't continue past Part 1. I've probalby already gone over that, but ome how it feels like these episodes weren't written by the same person.

Actually this is a very common plot device in films. Just watch Alien 3 or Cat O' Nine Tails. The idea is that a double Y chormosome causes someone to be criminally deviant. It's completely scienc fiction though. And it was still used terrible as a plot device of the worst kind in this episode.

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Jul 16 2010, 10:36 PM
Post #13

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Sammie @ Jul 16 2010, 10:48 AM) *

Hating TS for science mistakes is silly. If we had a nickle for every time TS basically said "Fuck you laws of science!" we'd all be very rich.

Still a stupid plot device though:p

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jul 17 2010, 02:19 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (Trillium @ Jul 16 2010, 10:36 PM) *
QUOTE (Sammie @ Jul 16 2010, 10:48 AM) *

Hating TS for science mistakes is silly. If we had a nickle for every time TS basically said "Fuck you laws of science!" we'd all be very rich.

Still a stupid plot device though:p

It's based on old theories. They were mostly disproven though, so its more science fiction now. But this was believed for a short while. From wikipedia:

When chromosome surveys were done in the mid-1960s in British secure hospitals for the developmentally disabled, a higher than expected number of patients were found to have an extra Y chromosome. The patients were mischaracterized as aggressive and criminal, so that for a while an extra Y chromosome was believed to predispose a boy to antisocial behavior (and was dubbed the "criminal karyotype").

Again, I kinda liked this in films like Alien 3 and Cat O' Nine Tails. I don't think it was suggested though that evil people only had the DNA difference. It's just something like a double Y chromosome could produce really anti-social, violent behavior liking making you into a rapist or a serial killer. Maybe being a serial killer being suggested as bieng genetic is similar to wanting to be a super villain in the TS world.

TS of course refers to it as a "villain gene" so it's not the same thing exactly, but similar. People definitely suspect really crazy people of having some kind of DNA difference some how but it's not proven.

However, how this was implemented in the plot and "solved" was absolutely moronic.

+Quote Post
CrowSama
post Jul 17 2010, 02:38 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ Jul 16 2010, 09:19 PM) *
It's based on old theories. They were mostly disproven though, so its more science fiction now. But this was believed for a short while. From wikipedia:

When chromosome surveys were done in the mid-1960s in British secure hospitals for the developmentally disabled, a higher than expected number of patients were found to have an extra Y chromosome. The patients were mischaracterized as aggressive and criminal, so that for a while an extra Y chromosome was believed to predispose a boy to antisocial behavior (and was dubbed the "criminal karyotype").

Again, I kinda liked this in films like Alien 3 and Cat O' Nine Tails. I don't think it was suggested though that evil people only had the DNA difference. It's just something like a double Y chromosome could produce really anti-social, violent behavior liking making you into a rapist or a serial killer. Maybe being a serial killer being suggested as bieng genetic is similar to wanting to be a super villain in the TS world.

TS of course refers to it as a "villain gene" so it's not the same thing exactly, but similar. People definitely suspect really crazy people of having some kind of DNA difference some how but it's not proven.

However, how this was implemented in the plot and "solved" was absolutely moronic.

I learned in bio class that having 2 y chromosomes was either really good or really bad... I cant remember, I just remember jotting notes down that day so I dont remember any details. The human mind fascinates me sometimes.

I have to agree with Syxx on this one, Sammie. It's been fairly cannon. Though when I stopped watching it for a while, I kind of forgot about it. So when I saw the ending and Jerry was staying with his mom I'm like:
"REALLY!!?!?!? This guy has grey hair and has a GINORMUS bald spot that I really couldn't say was intentional... whatever, the creator obviously just wanted Jerry to represent his life..."

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Jul 17 2010, 03:19 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (CrowSama @ Jul 17 2010, 03:38 AM) *
QUOTE (J-Syxx @ Jul 16 2010, 09:19 PM) *

I learned in bio class that having 2 y chromosomes was either really good or really bad... I cant remember, I just remember jotting notes down that day so I dont remember any details. The human mind fascinates me sometimes.

I have to agree with Syxx on this one, Sammie. It's been fairly cannon. Though when I stopped watching it for a while, I kind of forgot about it. So when I saw the ending and Jerry was staying with his mom I'm like:
"REALLY!!?!?!? This guy has grey hair and has a GINORMUS bald spot that I really couldn't say was intentional... whatever, the creator obviously just wanted Jerry to represent his life..."

Jerry's mum is a parody of the queen. She's like 84 and still gets around. I think that's how he can retire and still live with his mom. lol

And I meant evil people didn't have to have the double Y chromosome, but it produced certain insane behavior. That typo is corrected now. XD

+Quote Post
Trillium
post Jul 17 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #17

Out Stranglin' Pixies.
Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ Jul 16 2010, 10:19 PM) *

Like how the U.S. used to castrate criminals back in the 40s just in case being a criminal was "genetic", and their kids would be criminals too.

Pretty glad we don't do that anymore.

+Quote Post
Stasis Muffin
post Aug 17 2010, 11:35 AM
Post #18

Spyssassin II
Group Icon

Member No.: 136
Favorite Character:
Favorite Pairing: Muffy x Stacy
Favorite Musician(s): Hannah Montana

First of all, Mandy's little chocolate chip cookies looked sorta tasty. I love cookies, and cookies baked by Mandy? Wouldn't that be interesting to try...

Yeah, the episode was a little silly. All the worlds evil being caused by a "villain gene" that can be neutralized by some nifty little device? I mean, honestly, that would be pretty awesome if something like that could actually be made...but hey, kinda hard to believe, you know? Still...look at it this way...you might think this could be an excuse for them to not be Spies anymore, but hey...doesn't eliminating all the evil in the world seem a little too good to be true? Like it wouldn't last...even a month or so? The girls even talked about if evil returns they would be ready to be super spies again! I think THAT leaves plenty of room for another season or something.

Since I usually care about some of the little things rather than the main plot, I'll go back to that. And I have quite a bit to say about it.
-Did anyone else think it was totally bizarre how the robot was throwing oranges at the Spies? It actually made me laugh it was so random.
-Contrary to the Samdyness of the previous episodes, it was Clover that wanted to help Mandy. Clover wanted to help Mandy after she was caught, and Clover didn't want to leave her with the robot. It was Sam that convinced Clover that they should leave Mandy and run away! If you really wanna stretch it, you could consider it as Sam being afraid of showing too much concern for Mandy that Clover and Alex would figure something out...
-I liked seeing Mandy trying to negotiate with the robot by offering it cookies.
-Did anyone else think it was interesting that the robot called Mandy a WOOHP agent? Either the robot just assumed that because she was hanging out with Sam, Clover, and Alex...or Jerry's Mom somehow knew that Mandy worked for WOOHP before?
-Speaking of Jerry's Mom, she was awesome and hot in that flashback. Pretty interesting little scene there.
-I think Britney's awesome for flying around with a jetpack while wearing a skirt. You don't see that too often!
-Those robots...it's like they knew that Sam, Clover, and Alex were the main characters and wanted to get everyone else out of the way first. Kind of amusing how those things happen.

And gosh, Sam, Clover, and Alex were meaner to Mandy in this episode than she's ever been to them in 5 seasons! Though usually their payback is meaner than what Mandy did anyway. Kind of ironic and even a bit hypocritical. I mean, Sam let the robot take her way so they could track it without being noticed, Clover made fun of the fact that they erased some of her memories several times, and Alex put a jetpack on her to send her back to Mali-U. And this is after she gave them back their parking space, bought them some shoes, cleaned their Penthouse, made them cookies, offered to fix Jerry's house, considered them best friends even after they used her as a human tracking device, helped "hold down the fort" with Jerry's Mom, and even cleaned Jerry's Mom's house a little.

Then I noticed something while looking at screenshots...there may have been another motive, at least from Alex.

Sam, Clover, and Alex are all looking up Mandy's skirt. Jerry and his "Mum" are all looking at her too, but not up her skirt like the Spies are.

Well, that's enough for now, those are my observations.

"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit, pep, and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

TSUG Fanart Trophies:

+Quote Post
Ghidra
post Aug 17 2010, 04:34 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

The credits says this two-parter was written by Robert and Michelle Lameroux. So maybe one of them wrote one episode and the other finished up with the second. It may explain why the Samdyness isn't exactly consistant.

First of all, Mandy's little chocolate chip cookies looked sorta tasty. I love cookies, and cookies baked by Mandy? Wouldn't that be interesting to try...

Strangely, this scene reminds me a of a scene from one of my TS yuri fics I wrote years ago. There was even apart about the cookies being diet or something I think. O__O

-I think Britney's awesome for flying around with a jetpack while wearing a skirt. You don't see that too often!

Too bad there wasn't a back shot or something, it would've made up for Britney basically doing nothing in this episode. lol

-Did anyone else think it was interesting that the robot called Mandy a WOOHP agent? Either the robot just assumed that because she was hanging out with Sam, Clover, and Alex...or Jerry's Mom somehow knew that Mandy worked for WOOHP before?

It was kinda weird. I assumed he was referring to the others. And I really want to see Mandy as a regular spy again. They kinda keep her as the girl's attachment to the "regular world." But it would be itneresting to see more of it the other way. Especially if it ends up with Sam and Mandy working together. z03.gif

-Speaking of Jerry's Mom, she was awesome and hot in that flashback. Pretty interesting little scene there.

Seems she was the regular sexpot in the 40's or whenever that was. XD

+Quote Post
CrowSama
post Aug 17 2010, 05:13 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Favorite Character:

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ Aug 17 2010, 11:34 AM) *

Seems she was the regular sexpot in the 40's or whenever that was. XD

Chances are that when she was that hot that the sexiest thing was a flapper (1920's *thank you Thuroughly Modern Millie for making me remember the 20's*) who showed enough skin to about mid calf and almost one entire shoulder. As much skin as Jerry's mom showed in the flashback was probably forbidden.

Math lesson for the day:
Rebel+Secret Agent= omg.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 09:45 PM
Skin by Andrea

TSUG.net is a fan made website created in appreciation of Totally Spies. TSUG.net is not affiliated with the owners or creators of Totally Spies or its characters and settings. Totally Spies is owned by Marathon Animation Inc. This website was created just for informational purposes and for fun. This website has not been profited from in any way.