Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Facebook Profiles to be switched to "Timeline" on 01-31-12
Totally Spies Underground > Members Bunker > Underground Lounge
CrowSama
Yep. Here's the link to the news post on Yahoo.

Not quite sure why they're doing this, since a majority of facebook much prefers the current profile layout that isn't timeline, but they're doing it anyway, and it sucks.

So over the course of the next week, if you're a facebook junkie (like myself) and you have pictures and status posts and notes you thought you could just bury... YOU THOUGHT LIKE AN IDIOT.

Timeline is facebook's latest layout. Timeline displays your whole facebook life in pictures, status posts, relationship status changes, videos (if you were dumb enough to post any from those drunk parties you went to), job changes, school changes, and whatever miniscule little thing you ever have done on facebook. It takes this cesspool of crap and posts it front and center on timeline for all to see, and for all to laugh at.

Why they are letting us know about it ahead of time: So that we can try to clear up our pictures or friends lists before the big switch. According to the article, on Tuesday January 31, people will be shown a screen where they can customize their profile on that day (delete last minute photos/friends/whatever) before your profile turns timeline.

I have just weeded through my pictures, and I'm scared of some of the old status posts and old posts I commented on that are going to come back to haunt me, and hopefully I'll get to pick and choose what goes up on my profile.

*AHEM* Anyway. Much of facebook is starting to uproar as this news story has come to light. Many are raging because they don't want their facebook past brought up, others because they won't have time to remove the hundreds (and in some case, thousands) of bad, not-appropriate-for-anything-except-failbook pictures from their profiles. Others are whining because many of them have added RPG accounts to their friends list that will show up for all to see, mainly to people who didn't think they were into that sort of stuff.

Feel free to discuss/rage/accept it here, since at this point a vague status on facebook is probably going to end up on timeline in a week anyway.
KodeBreaker
I really haven't done much on FB, so I could care less about my own profile. I can understand why many people would rage about it though. :/
Mezoroth
Yeah, this is the usual "Facebook fucking around with layout" taken to an extreme. Maybe that's why Anon is going to shut it down on Saturday. I don't think I have anything there that I dont already know about, and I never e/n'ed all over it, but I've seen the layout on some of my friends' pages, and it's shit. Hopefully it doesn't effect mobile.
NinjaNick101
I don't have a Facebook so it won't affect me, though.
KodeBreaker
QUOTE (NinjaNick101 @ Jan 25 2012, 03:08 AM) *

You are a very lucky man.
CrowSama
QUOTE (TerminalGT @ Jan 26 2012, 01:07 AM) *

No one made you sign up for facebook lol.

Bucking. One more day to the change. Wooo.
KodeBreaker
QUOTE (CrowSama @ Jan 30 2012, 08:49 AM) *
QUOTE (TerminalGT @ Jan 26 2012, 01:07 AM) *

No one made you sign up for facebook lol.

Bucking. One more day to the change. Wooo.

Really? I only got mine due to family pestering, tbh >_>
hank44soccer
Mine is still good old Facebook.
Black Fatima
Good thing I don't use Facebook. I'm staying away from it. Far away.
MetroNorthMallRat
I still see people w/ out timeline. Did they not make the switch or what?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.