Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Totally Spies Episode?
Totally Spies Underground > Totally Spies > Totally Spies General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Ryofu
Definitely need this thread at the new forum. What's your favorite TS episode and why? Maybe list one or two choices for your fave episode and then list some others you liked after that if you want.

Well since about 2004, when I first started watching TS, my favorite episode has been Ski Trip. Why you ask? Well, first of all, it's one episode with a lot of Mandy. She was probalby only in a few other episodes for the same amount of time. I do worship her after all. XD

Second big reason? Mandy is put in to situations in regards to the other characters that we hadn't seen up to that point. She befriends Alex and in fact tries to befriend the entire group for a short period. Definitley very nice to see the dynameic shaken up like that and what it would be like if Mandy and the girls could get along (albeit for a very short time).

Third reason? Some very over the top and obvious femslash content. I'd say Mandy "riding" Alex down the ski-slope was defintley one of the biggest yuri moments in the show, and I give the animators and writers lots of credit for being that obvious with it. Over all the entire segnment was very cute. Also very obvious yuri overtones between Mandy and Catlin/Dominique in the end of the episode.

And lastly, tying it all up together? Just excelent pacing. This goes for the main plot, the Betty and Veronica-esque Mandy vs. Clover romance b-plot (althought I would say it was more about Mandy trying to piss off Clover than it was actually about Todd), and some very great chase scenes. Just over all a very well conscructed episode.

Some of My Other Favorite Episodes:

Eraser (for the birth of Samandy and over-all Mandyness)
Spy Gladiators (for Donna Ramon who was awesome, and a Kool Moe Dee guest role, and other hyjinx)
Evil Coffee Shop Much? (Mandy becomes a spy. Do you need to say more?)
Evil Boutiques Are So Passee (for a great female villain, and over all yuriness, I have a one track mind XD)
Evil Shoe Designer (for a very hilarious villain, hilarious parody of the fashion world, and over the top action/gadgets)
KodeBreaker
Fav episode? Super Agent Much?. If you don't mind me saying so, it was really cool to see Clover turn into an evil robot, of sorts. The look on her face when Sam and Alex got frozen was really fucking scary, but uber cool. Especially with the red eye. I've always been a fan of the Terminator movie series, and this moment in TS was epic to me.
*imagines Clover as a Terminator, shivers at the though. With excitement. And fear. And...whatever. lol.*

2nd fav? That's a tie between Evil Coffee Shop Much? and WOOHP-tastic. Since a certain RP moment (Ryofu knows since I told him over MSN) happened, I've kinda been liking Evil Coffee Shop Much? more and more, if only to see Mandy in that Spy outfit. I seriously need a good screenshot or artwork of her in that. XD Also, the villain reminds me of a certain FRA-user's OC, The Wootinator. XD

WOOHP-tastic only ties it because Senor Starchy is in it, and he's hilariously epic. XD

Other notable episodes.

Matchmaker (Clover NOT falling for the guy and kicking his ass)
Alex Quits (introduction of Britney who I also love, and for that heartfelt moment when Alex left. You could feel the sadness shaking the room)
Planet of the Hunks (SPY CALIBUR! If only for a few minutes, anyway. XD)
Evil Bouquets Are Sooo Passe (lmfao Clover/Violet moment. Also, plant bondage.)
darksmelo
It's too difficult to choose... I love so many episodes, but I think "totally busted" and "ski trip" are my favourite cause it has the meeting of Mandy and the spies's moms, and in the other, they have to share the same room, every time, without parents this time so none can stop them in arguing.
NinjaNick101
Picking episodes is hard. Let's see, here's some of my favorites...

1. Virtual Stranger - The video game villains are pretty funny, especially Neat Freak.
2. Attack of the 50 Foot Mandy - Who doesn't love a giant catfight? One of the craziest episodes ever.

Honorable Mentions:
Deja Cruise - I like how they tried not to repeat the same day over.
WOOHP-ersize Me - Woohp-woohp! Enough said.
Evil Sorority - Muffy does have a catchy song. Plus, Clover and Mandy in the same team. Solid episode, overall.
Totally Dunzo - Such an emotional rollercoaster of an episode. At least it ended on a nice note.
The Yuck Factor - A pretty silly episode.
The Show Must Go On Or Else - Another silly episode.
Kira Yamato
Totally Spies does have many interesting episodes, but the most remarkable to me are the following:

Spies vs. Spies - The introduction of the old team, composed by Pam, Crimson and Alice.
S.P.I - I loved to see the Cry Cute action with Sam. It was awesome !
Super Nerd Much? - Arnold had a Crowning Moment Of Awesome with his Kick the Dog action against the spies. Wonderful !
Evil G.L.A.D.I.S. Much? - G.L.A.D.I.S. surely is a Badass Abnormal.
Halloween - This episode reminds a lot Martin Mystery.
Future shock! - Mandy ruling Bervely Hills... what do you want more ?
Totally Mystery Much? - Crossover with Martin Mystery. In addition, I liked the Martin x Alex pairing.
Stasis Muffin
Evil Sorority! z48.png
"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit pep and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

Muffy is awesome, entertaining, and..."yuri-tastic"! The moments with Clover and Mandy were nice too. The massive all-girl brawl was pretty neat, and a nice change of pace.

Honorable mention goes to Evil Roomate! stacy.png
To be honest, I didn't like it a lot the first time I saw it. I liked Stacy, but not quite as much as I do now. It took me until the second time I saw it to really love it.

My memory of anything pre-Season 5 is a tad rusty at the moment, so I'll think about it and come back later...
Kira Yamato
QUOTE (Stasis Muffin @ Dec 5 2010, 12:36 PM) *
Evil Sorority! z48.png
"From the halls of gorgeous Pep House, sisters bond and share; we've got spirit pep and good taste, not to mention awesome hair!"

Muffy is awesome, entertaining, and..."yuri-tastic"! The moments with Clover and Mandy were nice too. The massive all-girl brawl was pretty neat, and a nice change of pace.

Well... I can say that I appreciated the Rape Pillage And Burn action made by Clover and Mandy during that episode. laugh.gif In addition, it gives lots of hints about the Depraved Bisexual theory concerning Clover.
Ryofu
*pinning this thread*
GrandMasterGalvatron
*did not notice this thread*

All time favorite episode is gonna have to be WOOHP-er size me. Simple reason too: Britney was with the team at the start of the episode, and was still with the team at the end. I was actually kinda expecting this at the end of her debut episode (since she turned out not to be a traitor like I thought she would). Only downside is that the backstory was wasted on a re-used plot, but at this point in the game, it was evident the writers were running out of ideas.

I think before this, my favorite episode was Matchmaker. It seemed a bit more mature than the others what with the guy cheating on everyone and Clover having to deal with her friends losing their minds. I kinda liked that insight into Clover's character.

Other favorites are:
Feng Shui is Like so Passe - Tara! Probably one of the hottest one time characters the show ever had. Plus Yin Yang was a complete and total badass.
Evil Roomate - Stacy! It's the voice! That and the fact that she's something of a bitch in school girl clothing.
Evil Bouquets are so Passe (LOL REALLY? Same title for two eps?) - Violet was the hottest villain ever, and the second most badass to boot.
Totally Mystery Much - If only Diana was in this!

Mezoroth
I still gotta think this over. It's like I have one per season, and can't choose between them. :/ I agree with GMG about Totally Martin, that wouldve been the top for me in Di and Java were in it too. Instead, I gotsta use the paste myself to make it happen.
However, because it was not to be, I have to choose one, and I'm awful at choosing. tongue.gif ......WOOHP Island. The build up hype for me was delicious, and it acutally held up well to my expectations. Willard's return gave him a smidge more depth (even as a silly character), and cameos from past villains was a bonus. And oh yeah, it was Brit's 2nd Episode.

My pick may change at some point, when I remember/rewatch others on my shortlist.
Ryofu
QUOTE (Mezoroth @ Mar 10 2011, 07:32 PM) *
I still gotta think this over. It's like I have one per season, and can't choose between them. :/ I agree with GMG about Totally Martin, that wouldve been the top for me in Di and Java were in it too. Instead, I gotsta use the paste myself to make it happen.
However, because it was not to be, I have to choose one, and I'm awful at choosing. tongue.gif ......WOOHP Island. The build up hype for me was delicious, and it acutally held up well to my expectations. Willard's return gave him a smidge more depth (even as a silly character), and cameos from past villains was a bonus. And oh yeah, it was Brit's 2nd Episode.

My pick may change at some point, when I remember/rewatch others on my shortlist.

I agree that WOOHP Island is a great episode. I also really liked to reference to Bruce Campbell as the Surgeon General of Beverly Hills in Escape from LA. There was alos a ton of villian cameos in this ep. lol
Angie
My favorite is Creepy Crawly Much. Max Exterminus is an interesting villain, whom I wish could have appeared in more episodes.
TB74
Hard to pick one, but I'd go for "Evil Heiress Much?"

I just can't help to notice Milan Stilton's hot body in that bikini blush.gif , not to mention her spoiled brat attitude. Her freaking robot dog is also worth it. And if you didn't catch it's all a Paris Hilton parody yet, watch the episode again, you'll see!

Also among my favorites (no specific order):

Any episode featuring Mandy and her witty comments — Just can't get enough of her sharp tongue! bouncy.gif

"Evil Hotel" — Mainly because of the way Alex is jealous of Britney in this episode. The underlying sexual tension between the two girls is just awesome. Just like in the movies where two persons first can't stand each other but eventually end up together. wink.gif Any other episode including Britney would be in my top ten list as well. She's just too hot. wub.gif

"Evil Bouquets are so Passe" — Thanks to a great female villain (and should I add, super sexy female villain ever), and a nice story.

"Evil Coffee Shop Much?" — Mandy as a spy ... a10.gif 'nuf said.

"S.P.I." — Thanks to sexy MILF Geraldine Husk, another awesome female villain. I'd love to see her trying to seduce one of the spies. wink.gif

"The Eraser" — Sam brainwashed, a recurring joke along the series. Just can't beat the first one, though. Also because Mandy is all over Sam in this episode! biggrin.gif

"I Hate The Eighties." — Seeing Clover turned eight or so and wearing Flashdance-inspired clothing was just hilarious. laugh.gif And the vilain, Boogie Gus, reminds me of Disco Stu, from the Simpsons: just outrageously past due!

That sums it up, I guess. There aren't much episodes I didn't like at least a bit, but some are classic Totally Spies stuff, like those mentioned above.
Kawaii Neko
Ski Trip
plami.v.godona
Hmm... probably all parts of ,,Totally busted"!
Ryofu
QUOTE (plami.v.godona @ Dec 9 2013, 09:53 AM) *

Great choice!
plami.v.godona
QUOTE (Ryofu @ Dec 11 2013, 12:42 PM) *

Great choice!

Thanks! I've been watching Totally Spies for... well... a lot of time laugh.gif I love it! Just started watching season 6 wink.gif
Ryofu
QUOTE (plami.v.godona @ Dec 15 2013, 11:44 AM) *

Great choice!

Thanks! I've been watching Totally Spies for... well... a lot of time laugh.gif I love it! Just started watching season 6 wink.gif

You're welcome! I need to watch more of Season 6 soon. Been too busy. x__X Anyways, nice to meet you!
plami.v.godona
QUOTE (Ryofu @ Dec 15 2013, 09:26 PM) *
QUOTE (plami.v.godona @ Dec 15 2013, 11:44 AM) *

Great choice!

You're welcome! I need to watch more of Season 6 soon. Been too busy. x__X Anyways, nice to meet you!

Nice to meet you too! I am new here and I really like this forum! However, season 6 is better than season 5 (my opinion) because the quality is better and the plot! I strongly reccomend it!
Mandy
Fave episode???

Meh fav is the one meh sleeps with Sam..... *ahem* *wrong topic* Meh fav is anyone meh is present, you losers!!!!!
tarddance.gif tarddance.gif tarddance.gif wakeupbounce.gif wakeupbounce.gif XD2.gif XD2.gif XD2.gif XD2.gif zomg.gif a62.gif a62.gif a62.gif a62.gif a62.gif a62.gif a62.gif
TB74
QUOTE (Mandy @ Jan 18 2014, 06:01 PM) *
Meh fav is the one meh sleeps with Sam..... *ahem*

Find me that episode and I might reconsider that slave thing.
Ryofu
QUOTE (_ @ Jan 19 2014, 04:22 PM) *
QUOTE (TB74 @ Jan 19 2014, 10:21 PM) *

S7E15

Recently ive been leaning towards A Queen for a day (Clover in shorts, secret facility with earthquake generating radio and a good plot) and Mandy doll mania (tho i rewatch this episode mostly coz of the scene where Mandy dolls invade their apartment, with lights going off, its kinda creepy).

A Queen for a Day doesn't have any interaction between Mandy and Sam barely. lol Maybe you mean Truth or Scare. When do you think Mandy got the "hot tip" from her? laugh.gif
TB74
QUOTE (_ @ Jan 19 2014, 05:22 PM) *
QUOTE (TB74 @ Jan 19 2014, 10:21 PM) *

S7E15

Okay... I hope this turns out real! biggrin.gif
Kira Yamato
QUOTE (_ @ Jan 20 2014, 03:01 AM) *
QUOTE (TB74 @ Jan 20 2014, 01:01 AM) *

S7E15

Okay... I hope this turns out real! biggrin.gif

Trust me, i have my sources of highly classified material.... *cough* *cough* (hmm, dem sources shrunk a little >:( nvm, dis just a sketch )

Click to view attachment

I won't even think why Mandy is so happy in sleeping with Sam. whistle.gif
KendallMGfan
Hmmm... I think My favorite episodes are

Season 1:
The New Jerry
The Fugitives
Passion Patties
Soul Collector
Man or Machine

Season 2:
Boy Bands Will Be Boy Bands
I Want My Mummy
Zooney World
Nature Nightmare
Totally Switched
The Matchmaker
A Spy is born 2

Season 3:
Evil Airlines Much
Evil Promotion Much

Season 4:
The Dream Teens
Alex gets Schooled
Mime your own buisness
All the 2-3 part episodes

Season 5:
BlaineXClover arc
Brittney arc
Ryofu
QUOTE (KendallMGfan @ Mar 1 2014, 02:07 AM) *
Hmmm... I think My favorite episodes are

Season 1:
The New Jerry
The Fugitives
Passion Patties
Soul Collector
Man or Machine

Season 2:
The Matchmaker
A Spy is born 2

Season 3:
Evil Promotion Much

Season 4:
The Dream Teens
Alex gets Schooled
Mime your own buisness
All the 2-3 part episodes

Season 5:
BlaineXClover arc
Brittney arc

Nice choices!
KendallMGfan
I will say that Passion patties mildly disturbs me. When Sam was being squeezed and she started screaming and the white liquid shot out of her crotch ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
Ryofu
QUOTE (KendallMGfan @ Mar 1 2014, 02:19 AM) *
I will say that Passion patties mildly disturbs me. When Sam was being squeezed and she started screaming and the white liquid shot out of her crotch ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

I need to rewatch this episode. I don't remember this part. laugh.gif
KendallMGfan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rTy2_8uqrg
7:55

now that I look at it again the liquid comes from behind her, but it's still weird.
DoubleU
I've totally missed this thread xD
My favourite episodes according to seasons are:
Season 1
Model Citizens
Wild Style (I <3 Helga von Guggen)
Passion Patties (I think this is the first TS episode I've seen)
Spies vs. Spies

Season 2
Evil Hair Salon
Here Comes the Sun
Green with N.V. (I used to really like these three episodes when I was little)
The Elevator
Fashion Faux Pas (I think this is my all-time favourite)

Season 3
Evil Coffe Shop Much?
Evil Valentine's Day
Evil Promotion Much? (part 2)

Season 4
Sis-KaBOOM-Bah!
Beauty is Skin Deep
Totally Busted! (all parts)

Season 5
Another Evil Boyfriend
Evil Sorority
WOOHPersize Me!
Miss Spirit Fingers

Season 6
Pageant Problems
Super Sweet Cupcake Company
WOOHP-Ahoy!
Clowning Around!
Baddies on a Blimp
Solo Spies

That's a long list o.O
KendallMGfan
I'm trying to hold out on watching Season 6 until CN airs it and only watched episode 8. I don't think I can hold out much longer.
DoubleU
QUOTE (KendallMGfan @ Mar 1 2014, 09:01 AM) *
I'm trying to hold out on watching Season 6 until CN airs it and only watched episode 8. I don't think I can hold out much longer.

Well, I watched season 6 because I'm lucky to be in one of the countries that airs season 6 on Nickelodeon, otherwise I would've also waited. (I tried to watch as few of the Dutch dub as I could until it premiered here) If you really want to see season 6 you can find the episodes on my channel but I guess it would be better to wait.
KendallMGfan
QUOTE (DoubleU @ Mar 1 2014, 06:58 AM) *
QUOTE (KendallMGfan @ Mar 1 2014, 09:01 AM) *

Well, I watched season 6 because I'm lucky to be in one of the countries that airs season 6 on Nickelodeon, otherwise I would've also waited. (I tried to watch as few of the Dutch dub as I could until it premiered here) If you really want to see season 6 you can find the episodes on my channel but I guess it would be better to wait.

Oh cool, I didn't know that was your channel tongue.gif
TB74
QUOTE (KendallMGfan @ Mar 1 2014, 03:44 AM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rTy2_8uqrg
7:55

now that I look at it again the liquid comes from behind her, but it's still weird.

Yup. The bottle she's hiding somewhere in her suit (lower back, maybe?) can't take the pressure, so the liquid... squirted out.

Ahem... I'd be tempted to say it looks like it's coming from... the big guy behind her. Disturbing indeed. blink.gif

Maybe it's one of those subtext things, but I think it's just accidental.

The producers would probably had a much harder time explaining to angry parents why the liquid came out of her cleavage (if she was keeping the bottle near or stomach) or her crotch, so this must have been the best solution. laugh.gif

Another option would've been to have the liquid squirt out at the ankle or wrist level, but it wouldn't make as much sense, I think.
Mandy
Of course, I love every episode my cute face appears!

But my favorite is "Evil Coffee Shop Much", because I look so cool as a spy! Much better than that old hag Clover. mandygif.gif mandygif.gif mandygif.gif mandygif.gif mandygif.gif
totallyAlex
Since it's been a while since I watched every episode - I'm only on season 2 of my re-watch - I can't say for sure but I can say that there are some episodes from seasons 1 and 2 that I really liked.

The Fugitives was always a favorite of mine and it, along with A Thing For Musicians, The New Jerry and Spies VS Spies, is one of the episodes that I remembered pretty vividly even before I started re-watching the series. Macker is one of my favorite villains because his plan was pretty ingenious - making clones of the spies to ruin their reputations with Woohp was really smart - and it was really nice to see how the girls would fare without Woohp behind them to help back them up. They were all alone in this episode and that was pretty refreshing to see.

Silicon Valley Girls is another favorite of mine. Having CHAD be the villain was very different to the normal bad guy shtick as he wasn't an actual a person but a computer program gone wrong and, in actuality, the person they thought to be the bad guy, needed saving from his own invention. It was a nice twist on things, especially since CHAD could be anywhere he wanted at any time and hack into any computer or piece of office equipment that he wanted.

Spies VS Spies was also a favorite of mine back when the show first aired because I enjoyed seeing the older spies and the differences and, occasionally, advantages their specific brand of old-school training brought to the table. I really liked them as characters and foils to our spies as they were formative opponents and I really wanted to see them again. Also, as with The Fugitives, the girls were virtually alone when solving this case because Jerry forced them into retirement. They had to draw on their past experiences and know-how to solve this case and it was nice to see them depend on themselves once again.

Mommies Dearest is a memorable episode for me because honestly, who expected Scam to turn the spies own mothers against them? It was also nice to see Stella, Carmen and Gabby on screen, see the girl's parents for once and sorta see where they came from. Their interactions with their mothers, before the brainwashing corsages, were also true-to-form; very believable what with Clover mocking Stella's 70's bathing suit and Carmen dead-set on finding Alex a boyfriend. Just generally being obnoxious and lovable in that way that only mothers can.

Stark Raving Mad was a bit of an unexpected love for me as I had completely forgotten about this episode until I watched it again a few days ago. Sebastian was one of my favorite villains and A Thing For Musicians one of my favorite shows, though it didn't quite make this list. It was nice to see a villain besides the over-hypes Tim Scam return and the fact that Sebastian returned without the girls even realizing it was him! (I didn't even really suspect it to be him.) The rave scene was a switch-up from his previous MO without being a complete departure - still being music/brainwashed oriented, just with a different purpose. Instead of world domination, this time around he tailor-made his MO specific to destroying places that the spies hold near and dear.

Alex Quits may seem like a funny choice since I am an Alex-lover but I really enjoyed this episode. Alex is clumsy and clueless but this episode proved that she can hold her own and is smart in her own way. She came to the spies rescue when they needed her and solved something on her own. (And not by accident.) I think this episode gave her a bit of self-confidence - which was promptly forgotten about for the next episode - and a confidence boost was something Alex really needed. In fact, my only problem with this episode is the inclusion of Britney. I know that her presence was important to push Alex to quit and therefore find her own way back to Woohp when she was ready, and I know that many fans like her but I have never liked her character. She's too perfect - it's like she has no flaws and I don't like that in my characters; I like for them to be human.

Totally Switched.

z06.png Okay eww! Gag me with a spoon, this is seriously grody.

Need I say more?

Matchmaker is the last show I've seen on my TS re-watch mission and I liked it for many of the reasons I liked Alex Quits. Clover really got the spotlight in this one, solving this mission completely on her own and, even though she's fictional, I was super proud of her at the end of this episode. Clover really proved that she's more than just a shallow, pretty face in this episode. She didn't let any of the hot guys hitting on her or Jerry's reassurances that nothing was wrong get in her way of solving this mission uncovering this Valentine's Day foil. She used her own resourcefulness and stash of gadgets and persevered, not virtually on her own but very literally on her own. All I could think at the end of this episode was: "Go Clover!"

And I guess that's it for now. I'm sure more will be added once I finish watching the rest of the series. Sorry for the serious bump, by the way but I didn't feel that my re-watch favs merited their own topic.
beachbunny
Episodes, which stayed in my mind are:

1. Evil Airlines Much - because it's a bit different episode; unexpected mission high in the air with such a freaky villain. Poor Clover!
2. Ski Trip - Again, somehing different than an usual mission and woohping spies. I love skiing and Dr Gelee, thats why this episode is one of my faves!
3. Stark Raving Mad - I like Sebastian and his freaky ideas with music, I LOVED Jerry looking for the spies during her missions, absolutely amazing episode.
4. Starstruck - I loved the crazy old grandma from Europe, who believed that a TV show was for real!
5. Super Agent Much - I wish Clover was like this much often! She is actually a badass spy but her potential is amazing! It was Geraldine episode - one of my favorite villains.
6. Forward to the Past - The spies remind me of Charlie's Angels and they looked so gorgeous, and the plot was interesting, too. It was cool to see Jerry in such clothes.
7. Physics 101 Much - I liked the idea with gravitation and that Clover got the best room wink.gif
8. Queen for a Day - I had to laugh when Clover put away a crown from a Queen's head. I liked the idea for a crime (a war between two other countries) and dessert, dessert, dessert. (And Alex who said this funny thing about the lame radio!! laugh.gif )
9. I Want my Mummy - again dessert and mysterious climate, I think I just like dessert, for some reason. o.O
10. hmm... no idea anymore? I will update every now and then.
Soloik
I love "Forward to the Past ".
In this episode, the spies are so badass .... The colors, action and animation are great. I think this is the most awesome episode of all.

I also like "A spy is born" for his interesting and original plot.
Ryofu
QUOTE (Soloik @ Mar 10 2015, 06:54 AM) *
I love "Disco Spies".
In this episode, the spies are so badass .... The colors, action and animation are great. I think this is the most awesome episode of all.

Is Disco Spies the name of the Season 3 episode with Boogie Gus and time travel? It's called Forward to the Past in North America. xd

BTW, welcome to the forum!
Soloik
QUOTE (Ryofu @ Mar 10 2015, 02:01 PM) *
I love "Disco Spies".

Is Disco Spies the name of the Season 3 episode with Boogie Gus and time travel? It's called Forward to the Past in North America. xd

Oh that's a mistake. I changed that. rolleyes.gif
Ryofu
QUOTE (Soloik @ Mar 10 2015, 08:22 AM) *
QUOTE (Ryofu @ Mar 10 2015, 02:01 PM) *
I love "Disco Spies".

Okay. XD I thought maybe I heard it called Disco Spies before somewhere else. I know the French episode titles are different.
Soloik
QUOTE (Syxx @ Mar 10 2015, 02:28 PM) *
QUOTE (Soloik @ Mar 10 2015, 08:22 AM) *
QUOTE (Syxx @ Mar 10 2015, 02:01 PM) *
I love "Disco Spies".

Okay. XD I thought maybe I heard it called Disco Spies before somewhere else. I know the French episode titles are different.

Yes, absolutely. I do not know if the US have access to the original version with English subtitles.
SpykyTurtle318
Just watched "I Hate the Eighties" today. Little Clover and Little Alex with Younger Sam are all so adorable. :3
Nextstopplease
It’s hard to pick a favourite but I can definitely say I am a huge fan of the earlier episodes. Especially since these were the ones I watched more of when I was younger. S1 & S2 have this charm that I feel the later seasons seem to lack. Anyways I could write an essay about every episode 😅 so I’ve just chosen two that are most memorable to me:

Abductions - The Les Miserables play episode where Clover & Sam fight. Poor Alex! Aside from my clear love for Clover & Sam action I like this episode because of the way it’s drawn. I feel like the animators who drew this episode gave them more of a sharper and mature look (will have to find the other episodes drawn by the same animators). I just love the way their body shape (just look at the screenshots! wink.gif ) and faces are drawn. This ep is also full of great smug expressions from Sam too! I’ll always remember the scene of Clover dramatically crying with Sam and Alex behind her wearing snorkels for extra ridiculousness 😂 I also love at the end when Alex is jumping on the son’s giant head thinking she’s the one making it deflate. Sam and Clover just let her believe it’s true which is cute of them, kinda like parents letting their kids believe in something not real xD
“Hey! What do you know? It’s working!” - Alex
“Nice job, Alex. You’ve saved the world.” - Sam

Do You Believe In Magic? - Clover and Sam in the black catsuits wink.gif Need I say anymore? I’ll always remember the way Clover lands in her chair when they get whooped in this episode. Classic Clover, she always seems to get the short straw whenever they fall somewhere 😅 Then there’s the part when she accidentally spends $700,000 at the auction, oops! The chase scene is pretty epic too; I LOVE Alex’s bit where she jumps over an obstructing wagon whilst her scooter slides underneath, then she has to run after it to catch up! The booby trap moment when Sam & Clover are forced to leave Kandinsky’s castle, especially when Sam saves Clover from falling further by using her legs to catch her. How I wish that were me between those legs wink.gif Gotta love the back and forth when they finally meet the villian xD The fight scene with him at the end is pretty epic too!
"Who's this guy?" - Clover
"Duhh, it's the thief." - Alex
"The thief? No, Gregor's the thief!" - Sam
"Who's Gregor?" - Alex

Maybe in a seperate post I'll expand on why I love season 1 & 2 so much, I have so much to share!
hdc
You absolutely should write the essay on every episode : ) and your thoughts on seasons 1 and 2.

I feel the same way. I've only seen season 1, a few episodes from season 2, and scattered episodes from other seasons. From what I've seen of season 2, it seems like that's when the show hit its stride in terms of writing. What bugs me about season 3 onward is the voice acting, which I've griped about elsewhere so I won't repeat myself.

I noticed that about Abductions too - it's episode number 8 and it seemed like the art quality took a sudden jump. Offhand, though, I can't think of other episodes that are drawn the same way - the style seems distinct from the other two I can easily recognize (Ski Trip and The Fugitives). I watched the credits of a few episodes last night to see if I could get any hints about who did which episodes, but no luck. (Which shouldn't discourage anyone else from trying - they could certainly see something I missed.)

Some of my favorites are:

The New Jerry - I'm a sucker for romances with age differences. I thought it was pretty cool that the show could depict a teenage girl with a crush on a 30something guy (I doubt you'd see that these days). I wouldn't want to replace Jerry but I thought it was a shame Mac turned out to be a bad guy (sometimes it seems like 90% of TS fanfic is Sam/Scam, but I'm not much into foe yay).

The Fugitives - I love the sequence where they have to fight their way out of WOOHP with the Mission Impossible music playing in the background. (Somehow it sounds even better en français.) Jerry gets to have a nice badass moment when he grabs their escaping helicopter.

The Eraser - I think Mandy makes a much better semi-protagonist or antihero than antagonist. That said, I also like it when she gets upgraded to supervillain status (complete with martial arts skills) in Futureshock.

Evil Coffee Shop - Again, it's cool to see Mandy figure out that the girls are "up to something" and then crash WOOHP (even by accident). I wish they'd made her equally competent once she becomes a spy. Also, she looks great in a purple catsuit. Also, right before the girls are WOOHPed, Clover is wearing a long-sleeved baby blue sweater (with a boob window), a short denim skirt, and hooker heels. It's like a perfect cocktail of demure and dirty : D

Ski Trip - It's great to see the girls' secret life intersect with their day to day life this way. Also, the three of them and Mandy/Caitlin/Dominique are sharing two luxury suites at a romantic ski resort, so it could lead to all kinds of lovey fun.

Matchmaker - It's cool to see Clover go solo. Also there's the super adorable scene where she cries after Sam and Alex leave her to go meet their dates. Needless to say I'd be happy to try to cheer her up heart1.gif and for once I'm not being lewd. In general, I tend to like any episode that breaks the standard formula of "Begin B plot -> girls are WOOHPed -> Begin A plot -> End A plot -> End B plot".

Model Citizens - Obviously I'm a sucker for any Clover-focused episode like this, Child's Play, or Starstruck. This could also have been an incredibly dark and ironic story when you think about it (i.e. if the villains didn't have a magic machine for switching out body parts, but were instead just stealing them).

Black Widows - The girls in cheerleader outfits, enough said. Also, it's nice to see some Sam/Mandy rivalry for a change. I think they might have made better enemies since (1) it's the same voice actress and (2) their personalities seem more complementary to me, whereas Clover and Mandy are alike in a lot of ways.

Stuck in the Middle Ages - When you think about it, this has an incredibly sad ending. Imagine being the king who has the start of a romance going with Clover, then she suddenly disappears into the future and you live out your life without ever seeing her again. Grim.

Totally Switched - I love that Jerry shows up to help Clover and again gets to be a badass. And, of course, that their personalities get switched. And finally the way Clover turns her charm on Jerry at the end of the episode because she wants to do it again.

A fun alternate take on this episode would be to switch Clover with Mandy. Maybe Mandy is dating a guy Clover wants, so Clover decides not to reveal what's happened. She also has to handle Caitlin and Dominique who are increasingly suspicious that she's not acting like "herself". Meanwhile, Mandy (after her initial horror at being in Clover's body) decides to hang out with Sam and Alex so she can learn embarrassing and compromising things about them. Of course, she gets more than she bargained for when she's WOOHPed.

Mommies Dearest - Jerry accidentally WOOHPs himself. Also, I love the bolero jacket + belly shirt combo Sam has at the start of this episode. (I would need a whole other post to describe all their outfits that I love.) Plus, we get to see the girls' moms, in swimsuits, so yeah.
Nextstopplease
Little kid me was so devastated when they changed Alex and Jerry's voice in season 3! I always thought the original voices suited the characters so well, I especially loved how Alex's voice actress delivered her one-liners and her scream.

Going back to the artstyle of Abductions - I've been scanning all the episodes from Season 1 & 2 (like an absolute psychopath!) and found the following are drawn in the same style. Seems like they're mostly from Season 2, feel free to correct me or add more to the list:
  • Abductions
  • The Fugitives
  • I Want My Mummy
  • The Yuck Factor
  • Green With N.V
  • Boy Bands Will Be Boy Bands
  • Zooney World
  • Mommies Dearest
  • Nature Nightmare
  • Starstruck
  • Fashion Faux Pas

Thanks for sharing the french version of the mission impossible scene from The Fugitives ep. This was my first time watching an episode in another language, very interesting to hear what they sound like speaking french!

The Mandy episodes are always so entertaining, love it when she's accidentally caught up in the missions xD And your take on Totally Switched would be so awesome!
jettmanas
QUOTE (hdc @ Mar 16 2019, 02:56 PM) *
You absolutely should write the essay on every episode : ) and your thoughts on seasons 1 and 2.

I feel the same way. I've only seen season 1, a few episodes from season 2, and scattered episodes from other seasons. From what I've seen of season 2, it seems like that's when the show hit its stride in terms of writing. What bugs me about season 3 onward is the voice acting, which I've griped about elsewhere so I won't repeat myself.

I noticed that about Abductions too - it's episode number 8 and it seemed like the art quality took a sudden jump. Offhand, though, I can't think of other episodes that are drawn the same way - the style seems distinct from the other two I can easily recognize (Ski Trip and The Fugitives). I watched the credits of a few episodes last night to see if I could get any hints about who did which episodes, but no luck. (Which shouldn't discourage anyone else from trying - they could certainly see something I missed.)

Some of my favorites are:

The New Jerry - I'm a sucker for romances with age differences. I thought it was pretty cool that the show could depict a teenage girl with a crush on a 30something guy (I doubt you'd see that these days). I wouldn't want to replace Jerry but I thought it was a shame Mac turned out to be a bad guy (sometimes it seems like 90% of TS fanfic is Sam/Scam, but I'm not much into foe yay).

The Fugitives - I love the sequence where they have to fight their way out of WOOHP with the Mission Impossible music playing in the background. (Somehow it sounds even better en français.) Jerry gets to have a nice badass moment when he grabs their escaping helicopter.

The Eraser - I think Mandy makes a much better semi-protagonist or antihero than antagonist. That said, I also like it when she gets upgraded to supervillain status (complete with martial arts skills) in Futureshock.

Evil Coffee Shop - Again, it's cool to see Mandy figure out that the girls are "up to something" and then crash WOOHP (even by accident). I wish they'd made her equally competent once she becomes a spy. Also, she looks great in a purple catsuit. Also, right before the girls are WOOHPed, Clover is wearing a long-sleeved baby blue sweater (with a boob window), a short denim skirt, and hooker heels. It's like a perfect cocktail of demure and dirty : D

Ski Trip - It's great to see the girls' secret life intersect with their day to day life this way. Also, the three of them and Mandy/Caitlin/Dominique are sharing two luxury suites at a romantic ski resort, so it could lead to all kinds of lovey fun.

Matchmaker - It's cool to see Clover go solo. Also there's the super adorable scene where she cries after Sam and Alex leave her to go meet their dates. Needless to say I'd be happy to try to cheer her up heart1.gif and for once I'm not being lewd. In general, I tend to like any episode that breaks the standard formula of "Begin B plot -> girls are WOOHPed -> Begin A plot -> End A plot -> End B plot".

Model Citizens - Obviously I'm a sucker for any Clover-focused episode like this, Child's Play, or Starstruck. This could also have been an incredibly dark and ironic story when you think about it (i.e. if the villains didn't have a magic machine for switching out body parts, but were instead just stealing them).

Black Widows - The girls in cheerleader outfits, enough said. Also, it's nice to see some Sam/Mandy rivalry for a change. I think they might have made better enemies since (1) it's the same voice actress and (2) their personalities seem more complementary to me, whereas Clover and Mandy are alike in a lot of ways.

Stuck in the Middle Ages - When you think about it, this has an incredibly sad ending. Imagine being the king who has the start of a romance going with Clover, then she suddenly disappears into the future and you live out your life without ever seeing her again. Grim.

Totally Switched - I love that Jerry shows up to help Clover and again gets to be a badass. And, of course, that their personalities get switched. And finally the way Clover turns her charm on Jerry at the end of the episode because she wants to do it again.

A fun alternate take on this episode would be to switch Clover with Mandy. Maybe Mandy is dating a guy Clover wants, so Clover decides not to reveal what's happened. She also has to handle Caitlin and Dominique who are increasingly suspicious that she's not acting like "herself". Meanwhile, Mandy (after her initial horror at being in Clover's body) decides to hang out with Sam and Alex so she can learn embarrassing and compromising things about them. Of course, she gets more than she bargained for when she's WOOHPed.

Mommies Dearest - Jerry accidentally WOOHPs himself. Also, I love the bolero jacket + belly shirt combo Sam has at the start of this episode. (I would need a whole other post to describe all their outfits that I love.) Plus, we get to see the girls' moms, in swimsuits, so yeah.

Wow, nice observations, including Fugitives, New Jerry, and Eraser. I enjoy all those as well. So many to keep track of.
As a big fan, I hope you get to watch all episodes of every season. I enjoy the art & character development of them all.
jettmanas
QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Mar 13 2019, 09:51 AM) *
It’s hard to pick a favourite but I can definitely say I am a huge fan of the earlier episodes. Especially since these were the ones I watched more of when I was younger. S1 & S2 have this charm that I feel the later seasons seem to lack. Anyways I could write an essay about every episode 😅 so I’ve just chosen two that are most memorable to me:

Abductions - The Les Miserables play episode where Clover & Sam fight. Poor Alex! Aside from my clear love for Clover & Sam action I like this episode because of the way it’s drawn. I feel like the animators who drew this episode gave them more of a sharper and mature look (will have to find the other episodes drawn by the same animators). I just love the way their body shape (just look at the screenshots! wink.gif ) and faces are drawn. This ep is also full of great smug expressions from Sam too! I’ll always remember the scene of Clover dramatically crying with Sam and Alex behind her wearing snorkels for extra ridiculousness 😂 I also love at the end when Alex is jumping on the son’s giant head thinking she’s the one making it deflate. Sam and Clover just let her believe it’s true which is cute of them, kinda like parents letting their kids believe in something not real xD
“Hey! What do you know? It’s working!” - Alex
“Nice job, Alex. You’ve saved the world.” - Sam

Do You Believe In Magic? - Clover and Sam in the black catsuits wink.gif Need I say anymore? I’ll always remember the way Clover lands in her chair when they get whooped in this episode. Classic Clover, she always seems to get the short straw whenever they fall somewhere 😅 Then there’s the part when she accidentally spends $700,000 at the auction, oops! The chase scene is pretty epic too; I LOVE Alex’s bit where she jumps over an obstructing wagon whilst her scooter slides underneath, then she has to run after it to catch up! The booby trap moment when Sam & Clover are forced to leave Kandinsky’s castle, especially when Sam saves Clover from falling further by using her legs to catch her. How I wish that were me between those legs wink.gif Gotta love the back and forth when they finally meet the villian xD The fight scene with him at the end is pretty epic too!
"Who's this guy?" - Clover
"Duhh, it's the thief." - Alex
"The thief? No, Gregor's the thief!" - Sam
"Who's Gregor?" - Alex

Maybe in a seperate post I'll expand on why I love season 1 & 2 so much, I have so much to share!

Great job w/the insights and screenshots. That Sam/Clover tension!
And Sam's leg grab save for Clover was awesome. They really pull through in the most macabre death trap they ever face later as well.

Hope you get to see all eps of all seasons as well. Now I've got to think up my favs...
hdc
QUOTE (Nextstopplease @ Mar 13 2019, 08:51 AM) *
Abductions - The Les Miserables play episode where Clover & Sam fight. Poor Alex! Aside from my clear love for Clover & Sam action I like this episode because of the way it€™s drawn. I feel like the animators who drew this episode gave them more of a sharper and mature look (will have to find the other episodes drawn by the same animators). I just love the way their body shape (just look at the screenshots! wink.gif ) and faces are drawn. This ep is also full of great smug expressions from Sam too! I€™ll always remember the scene of Clover dramatically crying with Sam and Alex behind her wearing snorkels for extra ridiculousness Ÿ˜‚ I also love at the end when Alex is jumping on the son€™s giant head thinking she€™s the one making it deflate. Sam and Clover just let her believe it€™s true which is cute of them, kinda like parents letting their kids believe in something not real xD
€œHey! What do you know? It€™s working!€ - Alex
€œNice job, Alex. You€™ve saved the world.€ - Sam

That episode has more cute moments than I remembered.

Sam telling Clover she's the most dramatic person she knows and Clover obviously taking it as a compliment.
Clover telling Sam that understanding art is for "true virtuosos like Picasso, da Vinci, Madonna (I love the way she says that), and of course me."
Clover addressing Sam as "Miss Cosette". It sounds more playful than spiteful, like she's over it and just teasing now.
After class, where Clover and Sam are facing away from each other, I love how bitter their expressions and poses are. They look like mortal enemies since birth who were somehow forced into the same room. Clover and Mandy are almost pals next to this (at least they can look at and speak to each other, however uncivilly).

The ending would have been stronger without the contrived "Sam saves Clover from being hosed down with vile pink gunk and their friendship is saved". Sam is the self-sacrificing team leader and it would be in character for her to simply realize the part meant more to Clover and give it to her.
Nextstopplease
QUOTE (hdc @ Mar 22 2019, 02:10 AM) *
Sam telling Clover she's the most dramatic person she knows and Clover obviously taking it as a compliment.
Clover telling Sam that understanding art is for "true virtuosos like Picasso, da Vinci, Madonna (I love the way she says that), and of course me."
Clover addressing Sam as "Miss Cosette". It sounds more playful than spiteful, like she's over it and just teasing now.
After class, where Clover and Sam are facing away from each other, I love how bitter their expressions and poses are. They look like mortal enemies since birth who were somehow forced into the same room. Clover and Mandy are almost pals next to this (at least they can look at and speak to each other, however uncivilly).

The ending would have been stronger without the contrived "Sam saves Clover from being hosed down with vile pink gunk and their friendship is saved". Sam is the self-sacrificing team leader and it would be in character for her to simply realize the part meant more to Clover and give it to her.

The Madonna line! That is an iconic comment from Clover haha laugh.gif Nice insight on the “Miss Cosette” tone, she does sound a little teasing towards Sam. I love how Sam calls Clover a dimwit under a breath. She’s sounds so exhausted from dealing with Clover, that girl sounds like a handful haha. I agree with the ending too, it’s almost confusing how the writers decided to end their fight like that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.