TSUG reference in 'Solo Spies'

Just remembered about this out of nowhere. It's from the Season 6 episode 'Solo Spies' where the villain 'Fan Girl' mentioned where she heard about the spies. 

Wanna bet some of the actual staff lurked here in the past lol.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: alex_britney_sig.png]

Someone brought this up before. While it's cool to think about and that would be awesome, could just be a coincidence of the wording. Also I'm not quite sure if the French or English scripts come first when they make the show. May not say the same thing in French. Either way, it's a great episode and that was a funny part of it.

(09-04-2021, 06:23 PM)Mandy Wrote: Someone brought this up before.  While it's cool to think about and that would be awesome, could just be a coincidence of the wording.  Also I'm not quite sure if the French or English scripts come first when they make the show.  May not say the same thing in French.  Either way, it's a great episode and that was a funny part of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=371tlMBLqb8

At 12:35 she says "sur un site de fans top secret." She could have said "souterrain", "sous terre", or even "underground" (seems they've borrowed it along with "top secret.")

That could mean anything though. I'd bet on the English script coming first, so it could be a call out that the translators wouldn't have known about (since this site is in English.) "Underground" might not have the same connotation in French. Also, French versions of the scripts are sometimes reworded for lip syncing (for example phrases that are too long in French are cut down or dropped) so it could just be one of the words above didn't fit the animation, especially with the different word order (adjective after noun.)

Edit: I tried asking the French search site Qwant for "Totally Spies top secret" hoping to find a sister site we've never heard of, but no dice.

Also, a female villain wanting to make the spies into dolls is twisted and kinda hot. Shades of
https://www.deviantart.com/wossarem/art/...-766365875

Thanks for the insight, HDC. Strange how a French animated show is dubbed and has it’s script written in English first. With most foreign media, it’s usually the other way round lol.
[Image: alex_britney_sig.png]

(09-05-2021, 04:41 PM)BradleyEX Wrote: Thanks for the insight, HDC. Strange how a French animated show is dubbed and has it’s script written in English first. With most foreign media, it’s usually the other way round lol.

I could be completely wrong, or it could go both ways. It's just guessing on my part that (1) the English speaking audience is largest and (2) therefore it's easier to write the script in English and then translate. Also, a lot of the episodes' authors' names sound American (except for those by Michelle and Robert Lamoreaux, which turns out to be more than I realized).

Has anyone found out who the animation studios are? I've looked in the credits but didn't see them. I just know them as "the one that draws the girls with extra wide eyes" (Ski Trip, Brain Drain), "the one that draws them with pouty mouths" (Starstruck, Man or Machine), etc.