Suit colors

I believe that Alex’s favorite color is yellow, from the episode where the LAMOS rings made the spies forget they were spies (Gladis told Alex that yellow was her color)

But how come Sam, whose favorite color is purple, and Clover, whose favorite is pink, don’t wear suits in these colors?

I didn't know Sam's favorite color was purple but according to the wiki you're right. That sounds like a wink to the Samandy shippers. ; ) It could be they always meant to make Mandy a spy at some point (if only temporarily) so the purple suit had to be reserved for her.

I presume Sam's suit is green to match her eyes and set off her hair (though in my experience blue works better for the latter). It's actually the only one of their suits I find attractive. For Clover and Alex I prefer their everyday clothes. I think a pink suit for Clover would be an improvement. Though red is also associated with love which of course she is all about.

Also, since the episodes are written by different people and they don't worry much about continuity, any writer can throw in one of these facts and sometimes they end up contradicting each other. There's one episode where Clover claims to love white roses, foreign films, and dark chocolate, but I've never heard that brought up again (and to be honest, the bit about foreign films feels like something she would say because she thinks it'll impress a certain kind of guy.)

Their colors could also be references to earlier characters who wear colored suits (e.g. the Power Rangers) though I wouldn't know.

Also, I've been meaning to ask, is your username a reference to Jen from 6teen?

(03-01-2022, 03:24 PM)hdc Wrote: I didn't know Sam's favorite color was purple but according to the wiki you're right. That sounds like a wink to the Samandy shippers. ; ) It could be they always meant to make Mandy a spy at some point (if only temporarily) so the purple suit had to be reserved for her.

I presume Sam's suit is green to match her eyes and set off her hair (though in my experience blue works better for the latter). It's actually the only one of their suits I find attractive. For Clover and Alex I prefer their everyday clothes. I think a pink suit for Clover would be an improvement. Though red is also associated with love which of course she is all about.

Also, since the episodes are written by different people and they don't worry much about continuity, any writer can throw in one of these facts and sometimes they end up contradicting each other. There's one episode where Clover claims to love white roses, foreign films, and dark chocolate, but I've never heard that brought up again (and to be honest, the bit about foreign films feels like something she would say because she thinks it'll impress a certain kind of guy.)

Their colors could also be references to earlier characters who wear colored suits (e.g. the Power Rangers) though I wouldn't know.

Also, I've been meaning to ask, is your username a reference to Jen from 6teen?
Cool-I never thought about it that much, and sometimes it’s hard to remember that one person wasn’t responsible on their own for creating an entire show, and that they might not think about continuity every time they write something.

The name is a reference to Sam’s actress, Jen Hale.

Ah, I should have guessed. I'm kinda neutral on how she voices Sam but I love the way she does female Shepard from Mass Effect.

(03-01-2022, 03:24 PM)hdc Wrote: I didn't know Sam's favorite color was purple but according to the wiki you're right. That sounds like a wink to the Samandy shippers. ; ) It could be they always meant to make Mandy a spy at some point (if only temporarily) so the purple suit had to be reserved for her.

LOL that's hilarious.  Also Clover's red suit could be a reference to her being the most passionate one.